Customize

Short summary of Gold Base events

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by nonnonanon, Feb 25, 2009.

1. nonnonanon Member

Short summary of Gold Base events

This thread exists because:

If anybody would like to fix, edit or improve the following wall of text, please do?

2. Anonymous Member

Re: Short summary of Gold Base events

how about 'Mark Bunker (affectionately known to many anonymous protesters as Wise Beard Man)'?
  3. Mutante Member

Is there video of this or a transcript?

Disregard if this has already been covered.

Also, 'misinformation' rather than 'nonsense', and 'of' not 'on'.
  4. nonnonanon Member

That kind of works... will edit it in. Thanks.
  5. nonnonanon Member

Ah, I didn't edit that because it is a direct quote from Mark Bunker.
    I don't actually know if there is a video/transcript from that one.
  6. Mutante Member

I thought all those speeches were recorded in one form or another. It would be great to reference the content of Mark's comment (apologies for missing the point there).
  7. nonnonanon Member

You're right...
    They're here
    http://bosvideo.co.riverside.ca.us/ppportal/agenda/webcast.aspx
    Also http://forums.whyweprotest.net/7-ge...de-county-supervisor-meeting-2-24-09-a-40346/

Any volunteers to search through all that junk to find the one with the rant Mark refers to?

Edit: Also, any quotes that state that this is not intended to stop picketing around Gold Base.

Sorry, I would do this but my job is calling me...
  8. restim Member

Audio and video of Stone's rants are indexed at xenu-directory.net. The main rant is index 21. There is a brief preliminary rant at index 17.

Encourage the reporter to browse the first four meetings, which have been extensively indexed and annotated for just this reason.

We will add yesterday's meeting as soon as we have finished annotating it.
  9. Sam Urai Member

AO was arrested in October of last year, not the summer.
  10. nonnonanon Member

Good point. Fixed. Was it actually charges of trespass btw, and is it disputed? Dunno the current state of things?

You and whoever else did that work are now officially to be worshipped as gods.
  11. Anonymous Member

Sunday October 26th.
  12. Mutante Member

Totally. Ace preparation.
  13. Sam Urai Member

Yes, it was a trespassing charge, to which AO has pleaded not guilty. The case is still pending.
  14. restim Member

Sounds good to me! My daughter, who posts here as Raeko, originally objected. But she reconsidered when I suggested she would also be worshipped if she helped with the Feb 24 meeting, which she did :)

It has a temporary home at Riverside Board of Supervisors 2/24/2009 8:59 AM

Once it's finished I will ask Ray at xenu-directory.net to include it with the others.
  15. cowboyanon2 Member

very good summary.. maybe would add that

Mark Bunker's citizens arrest came as as he was photographing the arrest of Doug Owens.

coz journalists don't like to see other journalists getting arrested while performing their job.. especially citizens arrests from the people they are trying to cover..
  16. HelenaKobrin Member

How about adding:

"Anti-Scientology protesters protest there against Scientology's crimes and human rights abuses, but infrequently and in small numbers."

How about changing:

"in a hearing described by Scientology critic Graham Berry"

To read

"in a hearing described by civil rights attorney Graham Berry"

How about changing:

"affectionately known to many anonymous protesters as Wise Beard Man"

To something like:

"affectionately known to rights advocates around the world as Wise Beard Man"
  17. Herro Member

That's misleading in two ways.
  18. restim Member

hk, did you know you can edit your posts? It helps to keep the thread length down if you add to an existing post when reasonable, rather than create a new one.

OP, the Feb 24 Supervisors meeting is now available with the first four. I phrase it that way because I did not bother to annotate the fifth meeting on Feb 10. Nothing interesting happened then.
  19. nonnonanon Member

I've edited in many of the proposed changes. I wasn't sure whether to add 'protest against Scientology's crimes etc' because as soon as I read the sentence I heard 'what are YOUR crimes?'.

I've added the description of Graham Berry as a civil rights attorney, good suggestion, and the point about Mark Bunker's arrest. Thanks!
  20. A.Non Hubbard Member

This is great. Can I use hueg chunks of it on the wiki?
  21. nonnonanon Member

Of course!

Edit: Also if there are other topics you require similar walls of text about you could list some and (though not this weekend because IRL is in the way) it should be doable. I ought to be contributing to the wiki - but am extremely lazy tbh and open ended tasks sometimes look like too much work.
  22. restim Member

I think this thread should be stickied, and maybe the currently stickied threads could be unstickied.

Thoughts?

OP, "within a 300-ft radius, which went through several hearings and revisions, reducing the distance to a 50-ft radius" should read something like "prohibiting picketing within 300 feet of the residence , which went through several hearings and revisions, changing the prohibition to within 30 feet of the property line."

My wording isn't great, but we need to make clear that the changes to the restrictions actually increased the area in which picketing is prohibited near large properties such as Gold Base, despite Stone's claims that the revisions made the ordinance less restrictive.
  23. moarxenu Member

This is really helpful. I periodically send reports to a professor of constitutional law who has written on the Riverside Ordinance, This has gotten so complex that I am getting lost.

What would help is a time line with lings to legal dox and how the ordinance changed over time. Thx.