Customize

Simon Weisenthal Center-Museum of Tolerance honoring Tom Cruise

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by Anonymous, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

For once we are in total agreement herro! Tom Cruise is totally fucking mad as all the looney tunes put together 3 times over! ;)
  2. Anonymous Member

YAWN
  3. Anonymous Member

Well, there are quite few nazi war criminals who still draw breath - one of the last ones went on trial in Hungary yesterday. They'd need a new reason to exist after that, and selling humanitarian awards to celebrities sounds like a pretty sweet business deal. It subverts the principles of the organization, but who cares right? Tom Cruise is just so dreamy.
  4. Anonymous Member

That right there should tell you something.
  5. Anonymous Member

You suggesting that SoCal has been "handled" or is "fail"? Could be that they just thought protesting the SWC was a PR nightmare waiting to happen?

Should we be working on convincing the center to rescind the award? It won't have any direct impact on the cult, but I think Simon Wiesenthal was a pretty cool guy, ehven if some dispute that.
  6. Anonymous Member

Well, it's time to Edumacate them about their new bedfellows. Never too late to do that.
  7. I agree giving someone an award for promoting nonsense about the Holocaust is degrading to the memory of Simon Wiesenthal and endorses Scientology's twisted revision of the Holocaust.

"Hosted by the Simon Wiesenthal Centre, Cruise received the award for spreading knowledge about the history of the Holocaust." http://www.skynews.com.au/showbiz/article.aspx?id=609685&vId=2383291

• Like Like x 2
  8. Anonymous Member

The Wiesenthal people choice was unfortunate and misguided, but Scientology has fooled many people, not just the Wiesenthal rabbis. Scientology is recognised as a religion in the US. No high ranked Scientologist was ever covicted of slave labour, assault, abuse or even for the Lisa McPherson thing.
    Scientology is fooling far more important people and organisations than just the Wiesenthal people. So take it easy with your comments. Was it a poor choice of the Wiesenthal center? Yes it was. But from there to make a giant leap into saying that their choice casts a shadow and the entire Jewish community and perpetuates the anti-Jewish stereotypes is just wrong.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Smurf Member

Yet, if an acclaimed anti-Semitic philanthropist with millions to donate the Center came a knocking, would the SWC open their doors?
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Anonymous Member

Nah, just fire the executives and get new management.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

It's an interesting and somewhat philosophical question. The Wiesenthal people will probably think that they should take the money and use it for the good. But giving this anti-Semitic philantropist an award is a whole different thing.
    Anyway, slightly changing the subject - I really do think that the main reason behind our failure to stop this award, is because Scientology still enjoys a lot of legitimacy.
    I'd imagine that the Wiesenthal people wouldn't dream of giving the award to David Berg of the Children of God. But Scientology, with its cunning, really managed to market itself as something fairly mainstream. I'd say that the flood gates against Scientology would open once Scientology leaders would get arrested for slave labour, RPFs, employment of minors, assaults and so on. Until then - they'll always manage to bullshit their way out of things.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. AnotherSock Member

Yes. On the positive side, once Scientology's house of cards comes tumbling down, the only possible way for SWC to save face would be to join in and attack Scientology. Maybe even revoke their foolish award retrospectively.

Scientology is crumbling. We all know that. Their stats are flatlining and a whole new generation of young Sea Org have started blowing. The SWC thing was frustrating to cultwatchers who know the truth, but it doesn't do a whole lot to halt the decline of the 'Church' of Scientology.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Anonymous Member

Is this a trick question, as in it's already happened, Smurf?
  14. anonakatie Member

• Like Like x 2
  15. moarxenu Member

I was disgusted before the event and am even more disgusted after reading Cruise's speech and Danielle Berrin's report at the Jewish Journal which has just appeared, with anons and OSAbots slogging it out in the comments:

‘Jews Who Love Cruise’: The Simon Wisenthal Center honors Tom Cruise

It was a Jews Who Love Cruise love-fest at the Simon Wiesenthal Center’s annual entertainment industry dinner honoring Tom Cruise last night.
    Nobody said why they wouldn’t love Cruise, though the thought must have crossed some minds since the overt gushiness came off a little bit phony.

We have yet to hear from the two most important people relevant to the issues: Paulette Cooper and Paul Haggis. I hope some journalist will be enterprising enough to contact them, interview them, and let the public know what they think.
    • Like Like x 6
  16. over9000OT Member

17. Anonymous Member

Thank you for sharing this article, moarxenu.
    Perhaps he is buying support for when the Feds come knocking in the future. Insurance.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

Haven't seen anyone post this here. AGP gets my respect for being there and doing it right.

• Like Like x 4
  19. JohnnyRUClear Member

Not knowing the SoCal scene, and even less the Hollywood Jewish scene, I'm throwing no stones at Anonymous for not being there. I do agree, though: AGP represented. Looks like he did what one person could. Gotta respect that.
    • Like Like x 5
  20. grebe Member

Good jorb Pope.
  21. Anonymous Member

This^^^ WTGAGP!
  22. RightOn Member

props to Pope for showing up
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

The power of one.
  24. Triumph Member

I thought that schmuck looked and sounded familiar... hes one of the guys/part of the trio-of-idiots in the
    "Crazy Scientology Followers video" In the Bunker video hes one of the 3 nuts surrounding WBM hes the one who asks Mark "what his crimes are".
  25. Anonymous Member

Props to AGP + I sent money. :)
  26. moarxenu Member

Here are Rabbi Hier's remarks upon presenting the award to Cruise:

Ladies and Gentlemen, first let me congratulate tonight’s honoree, Tom Cruise, for his longtime support of the Simon Wiesenthal Center and its Museum of Tolerance.

Let me also salute our President and the Armed Forces of the United States, for their great achievement in finally freeing the world from the tyranny of Osama Bin Laden. There is so much more to life then to waste it on hate and terror.

How wonderful it was to see millions of people in the Middle East, in Tunisia, Egypt and Syria taking to the streets demanding their freedom and democratic rights. The world has waited a long time to see such a site.

But how sad it was to hear CBS News reporter, Lara Logan’s ordeal about what happened to her when she went out to report the jubilation in Tahrir Square after Mubarak resigned. About how she was raped and nearly torn apart limb by limb merely because the celebrating mob thought she might be Jewish or an Israeli. That my friends, is not democracy. As Martin Luther King warned in his great, ‘I have a Dream’ speech, “Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of … hatred.”

How do we explain the behavior of so called human beings who broke into the Fogel home on a Friday night while the family was sitting around their Sabbath table and slit the throats of three of their young children ages 11, 4, and 3 months, and proceeded to murder the parents as well. If this isn’t enough to tear your heart out then to read the news reports that on the next morning sweets and candy were distributed to children in some of the nearby Arab villages who support the terrorists. My friends, in our tradition, we were taught to give out sweets and candies to children at events that honor and celebrate life, not occasions that glorify the massacre of men, women and children.

That is why, every year at our National Tribute Dinners, we shine a light on voices of reason and moderation on individuals whose courage and bravery have made a difference. That is why a few months ago in New York; we presented a Medal of Valor posthumously to Pope John Paul II and why highlights of his life will now become a part of the permanent instillation at the Museum of Tolerance. To honor a spiritual teacher who taught us how to love and not hate, how to revere life and not demean it, how to repair the world and not destroy it.
  27. RightOn Member

hmmm,
    I don't think that it is him tho
  28. JohnnyRUClear Member

Wait, you're saying the long-haired know-it-all schmuck was one of Bunker's 3 Lulzketeers? He isn't Dan "Hollow Man" Murnan... which of the other 2 do you think he is?

BRB, digging up the "crazy followers" vid.....
  29. Triumph Member

I think it is..a few years older...with a pony tail...you watch both gain.. and pay attention its him....same voice..same face..hes just gotten just older..

Scientologist wouldn't pass up an event like that and NOT invade the place to disiminate their moonbattery
  30. RightOn Member

"That is why, every year at our National Tribute Dinners, we shine a light on voices of reason and moderation on individuals whose courage and bravery have made a difference."
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Triumph Member

what are your crimes guy @2:10
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPol_m8wm8Y
    • Like Like x 1
  32. JohnnyRUClear Member

I don't think so. Ponytail atheist jooguy has a different accent and different body language from Bunker's wildhair aggro-schmuck. He seems more cynic than critic.

There is a resemblance, though. I suppose it's possible.
    • Like Like x 3
  33. RightOn Member

34. Anonymous Member

[IMG]

"No, you see. Here's the problem. You don't know the history of the Holocaust. I do."

4413492200459745.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  35. Nice vid, AGP........

I don't think it's the same guy, unless he's on valium and changed his complete
    douchebag approach to a semi-douchebag approach.

He never asked about AGP's crimes........

We need to break out the Anonymous facial recognition software.........

...........Damn, everyone looks like Guy Fawkes..............

............I'd say, no......a somewhat similar Douchebag.........only different.........
    • Like Like x 2
  36. Anonymous Member

I would agree with you only up to the point of when people tried informing the SWC of their mistake. After that the only conclusion available is their complicity for nothing more than money!!! They purposely ignored many people trying to inform them that their choice was a big mistake and if there is such a thing as a curse they have certainly brought that upon themselves and even if there isn't they will never live down their compromising their principles for money as scientology becomes more exposed for what it truly is!!!!

It's true no high ranked Scientologist was ever covicted of those things but that doesn't excuse the SWC from doing their own research as there is plenty out there to read on about scientology convictions around the world. On top of that there is clear evidence of Tom Cruise as a Holocaust revisionist with the article about him taking Larry King to the Psychiatry: An industry of death museum!

True many have been fooled and still continuue to be but that is no excuse for lack of research especially when many have been trying to inform by giving them links and citing the truth.

If after being warned and given plenty of proof something you are doing is abhorent and you still go through with it for money then yes you do end up perpetuating a stereotype and are compromised to the point you are no longer who you claim and should not exist. I now put the SWC right up there with the scientology compromised vesion of CAN (cult awareness network).

Someone else suggested that the SWC should unload all of it's present trustees to save face but that wouldn't be enough unless Hier, Cooper and all the rest of the rabbis were replaced too and the new board revoked Cruise's award. Then and only then could the Simon Wiesenthal Center continue as it once was with all it's principles!
    • Like Like x 3
  37. Anonymous Member

So how does the SWC pick its trustees/board members/executives?
    And what can be done to promote new leadership of the SWC?
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Anonymous Member

39. Optimisticate Member

I saw this video yesterday and thought of how sad it was to honor a charlatan just days after the official date of remembrance of the Holocaust (May 1).

6 million died. Never forget.

You forgot Tom, and you believe the smoke and mirrors. I am sad for you, you piece of crap.
  40. Anonymous Member

We do need to figure out & soon. It is a good idea because after this years picks who knows who Marvin Hier will choose next to honor for money! Louis Farrakhan? Fred Phelps? Mahmoud Ahmadinejad?