Customize

Small town police kill unarmed man throwing rocks

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by 00anon00, Feb 14, 2015.

1. 00anon00 Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. 00anon00 Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. White Tara Global Moderator

4. 00anon00 Member

• Like Like x 4
  5. BrainStorm Member

From that video: "this is not like the fictional tv shows.." lol such patronizing

No doubt there is something wrong.
    Not solely with the police officers, but with the management, training and/or punishment of such criminal acts.

There are so many stories like this recently, WTF is going on?
    Fear propaganda?
  6. BrainStorm Member

"we all have bad days" ...this must be a joke.
  7. 00anon00 Member

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/pasco-shooting-latino-group-sends-letter-justice-dept-n307471
    • Like Like x 2
  8. 00anon00 Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. The Wrong Guy Member

Cops Claim Video of them Killing Unarmed Man Can’t Be Used as Evidence, Seize Witness’s Phone

By Cassandra Rules, The Free Thought Project

Police in Pasco, Washington, on Wednesday, made a ridiculous claim. They stated that a citizen’s video that showed them killing unarmed Antonio Zambrano-Montes, 35, as he ran away, could not be used as evidence.

The video, which was published to YouTube on February 11, captured the shooting very clearly and had been viewed over 1,600,000 times as of Thursday, February 19.

Zambrano-Montes’ shooting marks the fourth killing by Pasco police in less than a year.

The department alleged that they did not know who filmed the video, nor did they have the original file, so it could not be used. A bizarre claim, since his name has been online the entire week.

On Thursday, the police went to the home of the man who filmed the shooting, Dario Infante Zuniga, 21, and seized his phone without a warrant. Zuniga told The Free Thought Project that the police had made no contact with him prior to invading his privacy.

When the police showed up at his door, they alleged it was because he had not been answering his phone. They then gave him the choice of either handing his phone over to them or going with them to the station while they retrieved the file. The police did not give Zuniga the opportunity to clean out his personal files before they took it into their possession. The officers reportedly told him the only thing that they would look for would be the video, but Zuniga still feels as though his privacy was violated.

Continued here:
    http://thefreethoughtproject.com/po...olice-killing-evidence-seize-witnesses-phone/
    • Like Like x 2
  10. RightOn Member

"and seized his phone without a warrant"

nope!
    this cop BS is so out of hand.

edited
    I had to watch the vid again. I still can't believe what I am seeing.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. 00anon00 Member

12. Disambiguation Global Moderator

13. meep meep Member

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...of-man-shot-by-pasco-police-raises-questions/
    http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2015/02/28/3434013/protesters-march-through-pasco.html
    The group swelled to 35 people. Small town.
  14. 00anon00 Member

15. 00anon00 Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. DeathHamster Member

So now that they have the phone and the original file, they can use it as evidence, right?
  17. Darth Alor Member

IF THE POLICE EVER SAY HAND OVER YOUR PHONE, and use a bullshit reason like its aginst the law to film me or something like that, CALL THEM OUT, it is not illegal for cops to say hand over your phone and lie about thier authority, BUT IT IS ILLEGAL for them to take it after you say you won't willingly hand it over. You have a right to free speech and to record public servants such as police, paramedics, and firefighters. we cannot allow this shit to happen, record your public servants they are supossed to protect the people, not obstruct the freedoms of a citizen. The police are too damn power hungry and abuse the power they already have.
  18. Darth Alor Member

yep, even if it was deleted i bet the cops are too stupid to use a method of deletion, i personally use the guttman method when i delete confidential information, odds are its still on that cells hard drive if it isnt do a little digging and you will find it.
  19. RightOn Member

uh yah, but as we can see, people are getting shot, abused and arrested for nothing.
    So sadly, good luck with being "uppity" to the police about what they can and can not do.
    Many cops act first, shoot first, arrest first, and ask questions later. OR NOT ask any questions later.
    Me? I would comply if I thought my ass was being handed to me and let my lawyer take over from there.
  20. Anonymous Member

Bump to move spam off the front page.