Customize

SNL spoofs "We Stand Tall"

Discussion in 'Media' started by The Wrong Guy, Apr 5, 2015.

1. RightOn Member

Just watched Tosh!
    LOL!!!!
    He delivered!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 3
  3. furball Member

i need more popcorn... this is just all too good
  4. moralhazard Member

I jizzed in my pants.
  5. furball Member

aha! i finally saw it myself. not exactly a riotously funny piece by tosh but the extra fuel for the fire is most agreeable.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. RightOn Member

A HELL of a lot funnier than Letterman which wasn't funny AT ALL.
    and Tosh was bold with using the COS like Nazi stage backdrop, the COS logo, pictures of LRH with rotten teeth and the reason why LRH had rotten teeth was also very bold to mention. BIG balls.
    Although I am glad Lettermen did SOMETHING,(everything helps) it was stupid and disappointing IMO.
    Maybe he went light on them because he had Cruise on that time.
  7. furball Member

Agreed. Letterman's attempt was somewhat moronic but the sentiment is nevertheless appreciated.

All harpoonz iz welcome.
  8. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientologists ‘recognize satire’ in ‘SNL’ skit mocking them | Page Six

Even Scientologists sometimes have a sense of humor.

An “SNL” sendup of a 1990 Scientology music video called “We Stand Tall” imagined a video for a similar-sounding religion, “Neurotology,” with Taran Killam as a David Miscavige-like leader, Kate McKinnon as a “Diametrics” teacher and Bobby Moynihan as an L. Ron Hubbard-like founder.

While Scientology has had a tough week, or rather, year in the media, a rep told us of the sketch: “We recognize it’s satire.”

Meanwhile, after HBO aired Alex Gibney’s exposé, “Going Clear,” on March 29, the book that inspired the film is back on the best-seller chart. Lawrence Wright’s “Going Clear” tome hit No. 7 on the New York Times paperback nonfiction list for the week of April 19. It reached No. 3 when it was first published in 2013.

Gibney’s film will soon debut in Canada and the UK — where the book was never released after the publisher dropped it for fear of legal fallout.

http://pagesix.com/2015/04/11/scientologists-recognize-satire-in-snl-skit-mocking-them/
    • Like Like x 3
  9. The Wrong Guy Member

RTC Targets the Squirrel Group Neurotology | OTVIIIisGrrr8!

COB RTC David Miscavige has sworn great wrath and vengeance upon the Neurotologoists. Mr. Miscavige has promised that these dangerous, money-grubbing, and phony status-seeking Neurotology squirrels will be brutally punished, beaten, stalked, sued, threatened, infiltrated, and spied on for years or even decades if needed.

https://otviiisgrrr8.wordpress.com/2015/04/13/rtc-targets-the-squirrel-group-neurotology/
    • Like Like x 3
  10. DeathHamster Member

Oh no he didn't!
    • Like Like x 3
  11. RightOn Member

12. RightOn Member

Get this….Travolta is on Letterman tonight!
    So since Letterman has done some anti sic stuff, doesn't that make Johnny boy PTS?

You gotta love the timing of his movie and his" dissemination tour" for damage control.
    What a cow winky dink! :rolleyes:
  13. The Wrong Guy Member

Fear of coming out seems to run in the family.

John Travolta's Son Makes His Late Show Debut | David Letterman

Published by Late Show with David Letterman on April 20, 2015

Is John's son Ben ready for the show business spotlight?
    • Like Like x 1
  14. RightOn Member

kid needs more auditing. :mad:
  15. Ersatz Global Moderator

"See, I'm just a normal guy with a cute family. Disregard all the cult stuff and how it killed that adorable childs brother. Nothing to see here move along" Nice try Travolta. We remember Jett.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. The Wrong Guy Member

Tosh.0 - Scientology

Published by Comedy Central on April 8, 2015

Daniel offers his take on HBO's "Going Clear" and throws his hat in the ring to be the new celebrity face of Scientology.

daniel tosh ‏@danieltosh Apr 7
    Goodnight. Sadly, I'm told I have to disconnect from all of you.
    • Like Like x 3