Customize

So what about this Amy Scobee?

Discussion in 'St Petersburg Times expose' started by existentnon, Jun 22, 2009.

1. existentnon Member

So what about this Amy Scobee?

Yeah yeah everyone's obsessed with rathbun and rinder.

What about this Scobee lady? Is she just some shmuck? Does she has crimez? Do we know anything about her?
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: So what about this Amy Scobee?

I'd hit it.
  3. Re: So what about this Amy Scobee?

/thread

But seriously, no. Never heard of her.
  4. Anonymous Member

she was celeb centre lady. she's supposedly low-key with her "i hate $cientology" schtick because she still has family that's in.
  5. Re: So what about this Amy Scobee?

You mean low-key like talking to the press?
  6. anonsparrow Member

Besides being my hero? Nothin' much.
  7. Anonymous Member

low key like i read that from one of your fellow ex-sci's who posted it somewhere in all of this mess that scobee wasn't as forthcoming as she could be because of her family. and i remembered it and thought that she was very brave to say anything if she had family still in. is that tl;dr enough for you?
  8. LarryBren Member

While my time on the Watchdog Committee and working with Miscavige was before Amy's time, I have had a chance to chat with Amy a number of times.

IMHO Amy is a very straight-forward, honest and decent person and told the truth here as it was just the right thing to do.

About three years ago I went around talking with writers, lawyers, exs, etc. and could find almost no one willing to talk about Miscavige's abuses in their own name and no one willing to write about it just based on my own word. I really got to like Jonny Jacobson back them as he was one of two real writers who really wanted to get the word out and so I and others helped network people to him and to someone else writing a book.

I started speaking out about Miscavige beating people, committing crimes, etc. and did the best I could to try to make it feel safe for others to speak out as well, Although she did not speak out then. Amy did provide very useful information to others that was very, very helpful and she tried to help others in other ways.

She did not want to just speak out for some self-importance reason. Rather she wanted to speak out in a legal or other forum where her information might really make a big difference.

AFAIK Amy, like some others of us, never beat anyone or ever abused anyone like many think all people at the top of organized scientology must have done. Plus she is speaking out as she wants to see the abuses end and not for any reason such as getting back in control of scientology, money or anything like that. That makes me admire her even more.

Now she has spoken out and her words are being heard around the world.

Unless I am really missing something big here, Amy is one of the really "good guys" and I personally am thrilled she has been part of this.

FWIW
  9. Re: So what about this Amy Scobee?

I have had the great pleasure to have some discourse with Amy. She is an AWESOME lady with LOTS of sauce..this is just the tip of the iceberg...family still in..courage great. She is totally OUT of the cult...trust me :D Can't wait until she starts to REALLY talk...she, her husband, and certain other OUT relatives...who have so much sauce your pants will never be dry. She told me that when she saw the advent of Anon..she cried.....
  10. Mutante Member

Probably saw Shadow's cock in the Dome.
  11. anonsparrow Member

I cried when I saw the advent of her - never even heard of her before. It's easier to tell a person when you see them speak live, but next on video.

She struck me as being straight up. So I cried a little.

Tommy Davis also struck me. Trufax.
  12. Re: So what about this Amy Scobee?

Hmmmm. She is very brave and seems like a genuinely good person. It's funny the difference between her and Rathbun to me. I would probably trust Amy or give her a chance but Rathbun.... While I'm glad he is doing what he is doing, I wouldn't want to go into business with the guy.

If there is more that she has not said in order to protect her family that is still in the Sea Org or Scientology than it must be pretty big because what she has already said has surely made DM.... where's that picture of him turning red and exploding?
  13. Re: So what about this Amy Scobee?

This is the only on-topic response in this thread
  14. Anon1720 Member

^^^This is good to know. Keep applying the pressure. Now is the time for ex's to come out of the woodwork to share all their information and hopefully, copies of data from inside the cult.
  15. Re: So what about this Amy Scobee?

DMexplode2.gif

^^This!
  16. Shinythings Member

Herro confirmed hottie
  17. anonsparrow Member

You bastard.
  18. Anonymous Member

You couldn't be more wrong with this line of thinking. While it is fantastic that these people are finally stepping forward to talk about things they felt were wrong or criminal, DO NOT FORGET that these are the same exact people that sat by for years and not only allowed this to happen (at the upper levels of management) but in some cases committed the acts themselves.

Frankly, it's not like they even went running from the building the moment they saw these things happening. They took their sweet ass time and did it when it was convenient for them. Marty finally got sick of getting his ass kicked and left. How heroic.

These people are criminals that aided in a criminal cult. They are no more a hero than some man who comes forward and admits to murder.
  19. Mutante Member

And so what? You'd rather they stayed silent?
  20. Re: So what about this Amy Scobee?

SHE is very brave and has been helping anonymous in her own ways since the inception from behind the scenes. She is NOT RINDER or RATHBURN...at all..not even close. Her willingness to help even at risk is admirable. I will not "dox" HOW she helped but she did, and her grace and information was very valuable to ANONS back in the very begining...even if you did not know it was she who was helping.

SHE is one of the good ones. I cannot think of RINDER or RATHBURN...helping the way she did...no they just now got brave...yes it's good...but damm...all these years of silence...how many more died?
  21. Anonymous Member

I don't believe I said that. All I said was that hero-worship is a bad idea, particularly amongst these folks. Sorry that was hard for you to understand, faggot.
  22. Shinythings Member

I think "never forget" means at least someone in the hive mind will never forget.

In this case you.
  23. Re: So what about this Amy Scobee?

I saw that and I was like..WTF..is that real?
  24. Re: So what about this Amy Scobee?

Is a battered wife a criminal because she witnessed a crime (I.e. her getting beat) and didn't say anything?
  25. Re: So what about this Amy Scobee?

Didn't know all that. I admire her. It takes a lot to come publicly against Scn. I haven't done it yet.

But yeah, Rinder and Rathbun will have to do a lot before they are redeamed in my eyes. If ever. But this is a first step for them.
  26. Re: So what about this Amy Scobee?

It's so unabashedly vile that they divulged her confidential confessionals. Shows how neutered and bizarre the cult's collective mentality is. an attractive grown woman having a normal relationship with her boyfriend... is uhm, yeah normal. they really don't get how repellent they come across with pathetic tactics like this. I truly hope to my very soul that this woman isn't upset by the cult revealing that she used to hook up with her boyfriend at the time - ooooh so risqué.
  27. Sponge Member

Leaving the Church of Scientology: a huge step - St. Petersburg Times

28. whoever Member

Thanks for the info you've been able to share about Amy...also thanks to Larry, too. I am glad she's helped.
  29. Anonymous Member

If she then beats her children because her husband told her to, then yes. We're not talking about low level drones, we're talking about the people that are at the top.
  30. Anonymous Member

I suggest just ignoring these "Anonymous" postings, they almost never add anything of value (and in instances such as these, seem to hew to the Scilon logic that critics or exes must have grate "crimes.").
  31. Anonymous Member

ironic since ^^ posted anonymously
  32. Re: So what about this Amy Scobee?

Shes my hero
  33. Smurf Member

Word clear: heroine

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :-P
  34. ScudMuffin Member

Inject her straight into my arm please.
  35. Re: So what about this Amy Scobee?

After chatting on FB with her for a bit she has truly become my heroin. Get a belt.
  36. LarryBren Member

It's much worse than this.

"Freedom Magazine" refers to her as "adulteress". How religious of them. While she has no need to justify anything to anyone, Amy has said and I believe her, that she never committed adultery. And in any event that has no bearing on what she exposed.

[information redacted]

Of course to organized scientology Amy "pulled it in" and somehow I guess this makes her guilty of adultery. How f _ _ked up is THAT view!!??!!

Of everything in that self-serving, lying Freedom mag, calling her an adulteress upsets me more than anything. Using private confessional materials is horrible in and of itself but then to also twist it and lie to make it sound even worse in a twisted attempt to cover up abuses by David Miscavige is unforgivable.

David Miscavige and his fools through Freedom Magazine and through Tommy Davis (certainly the worst spokesman in their history of horrid spokesmen) have tried to fair game her and have brought this issue front and center to the present.

Is all the above true and will there be any justice at all? I suggest that it is NOT over! Now let's wait a bit and see.

As I said elsewhere, it may not be my place to say this and Amy may or may not forgive them but I don't.

I was not in organized scientology to see that kind of shit happen and then be covered up. I did not dedicate my life then in organized scientology (no matter how ill advised that was) just to see David Miscavige and those idiots that defend him now get away with their huge abuses and lies. And I feel sure that the same is true for the VAST majority of EXes.

This will not be forgotten.

This will not be forgiven.

If you think you have heard it all about abuses by David Miscavige and/or within organized scientology you haven't. If you think it is bad, know this: it's worse than you think.

I'm not speaking about Amy here or what she may or may not do but I have a message for David Miscavige. Expect to be in litigation VERY shortly for your abuses, lies and crimes! And it will be just the beginning of what is to come for the sake of justice. IMHO
  37. EyeOnSci Member

This^^^

Thanks Larry.

EyeOnSci
  38. Re: So what about this Amy Scobee?

Larry, I've been back to the post where Amy disclosed the details that you wrote about in your post. Amy has removed them from that original post, so I've deleted them from your post.

For everyone else's benefit, in the Freedom (sic) Magazine, the CoS implied that Amy Scobee had been posting on the internet as "Peacock".

Shortly after that, Amy Scobee posted on OCMB using the "Mr. Peacock" handle. This is the amended post:

Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - Dear Loyalist Think-Tankers
  39. LarryBren Member

Thanks for doing that. Now that I have seen her amended post, I am very glad you did that.
  40. Anonymous Member

I've witnessed DM beating staff and used to be high up in the cult. I was considering stepping forth and speaking up, but after reading this thread, I'm going to skip it. Who needs people thinking I'm trying to get worshipped as a hero when that couldn't be further from the truth? And, afterall, it's no better than a murderer stepping forth and confessing to a murder, isn't it? And if you think I'm just a troll trying to "make you wrong" - think again. Thanks for the enlightenment. It's not worth it.