Customize

SoCal Participates in Psychout, Not Fair Play

Discussion in 'CoS Front Groups' started by ath, Apr 6, 2008.

1. ath Member

SoCal Participates in Psychout, Not Fair Play

For the record, SoCal will be doing Operation Psychout on May 10th. I hope other cities will do the same.

It makes the most sense with May 9th, and I feel that focusing on fair game, as many old guard including Tory have agreed, is not going to be effective.
  2. AnonKiwi Member

Re: SoCal Participates in Psychout, Not Fair Play

Suggest you post in the appropriate thread on the appropriate forum.

I'm not a huge fan of Operation: Fail Game, but the majority has spoken out as wanting to do it. It's not the end of the movement if we go ahead with this topic. And I for one value anonymous as a decider-by-consensus.

If you guys want to do something else, great, but bear in mind most people hated Psychout as a full theme than Fair Game. But it's always up to the individual (and city) what they do.
  3. AnonymousTV Member

4. AnonKiwi Member

Check the Activism forum - current most popular choice has been Fair Game.
  5. anonspitfire Member

i too prefer operation fair game, but as long as it hurts the co$, im cool with whatever...
  6. ath Member

People that were inside think it's a bad idea, and I can't help but put a great deal of weight by their opinions.

Even if it's not Psychout, it's pretty much "anything BUT 'fair play'"at this point, that's where we're at.

We'll be discussing it in IRC tonight.
  7. anonyrat Member

Hi ath

I had an idea about reworking Psychout to include ALL the health and medical abuses of CoS - my post is here. Please nick any ideas that might be good for SoCal! I suggest if you do go ahead with Psychout you change the name to something less aggressive.

I agree that having a unifying theme for the global protests is very strong; however if SoCal anons really don't want to use Game Over (or whatever we're calling it now) then go hard and pick a great theme! Personally I don't particularly like Fair Game or Psychout as a May theme, but the legion is having a great deal of trouble making up its mind and it'd be good to settle on a theme soon so we can start planning.
  8. avatar2008 Member

I actually agree with the splintering of the decision of Op: Psychout by ath.
    The simple reason being that Op: Psychout requires concise and accurate understanding of the topic at hand.

There can be no room for error and for those Anonymous who choose to enter Op: Psychout, I say Godspeed and may the lulz be with you.

imho, if our cause were in a galaxy far far away, Op: Psychout is the Deathstar run. @_@
  9. anon2487 Member

I've always had mixed feelings about fairgame, though I like Psychout even less. If it game-over was doen under the banner Operation Speakout, and focussed on the way Co$ tries to stop free-speech by criminal means. Paulette Cooper onwards, it would certainly make it a more clearly focussed issue.

Either way though, I too defer to the wisdom of the hive.
  10. Anonagi Member

Well, think about it? What are the key issues?

Scientologist Deaths (Feb 10th, if you could consider it the "official" theme)
    Tax Exemption(March 15th)
    Disconnect Policy (April 12th)

What MAJOR themed issues are left?

Fair Game
    Obliterating Psychiatry
    Suppression of Free Speech

Is there anything else large enough to build an actual themed protest around on the scale of Reconnect?

The point is, if we didn't do the Psychiatry thing next month, we'd most likely do it in the future, especially if we wanted to focus on PLANNED protests with a clear concise message.
  11. anonymous1244 Member

As many as we've got imagination to think up angles for. Once we really do start running dry, I'm sure we'll work out another angle. It's not gonna be any time soon though.

I'm hoping we'll do Op Masquerade for June. Exposing the front-groups.
  12. iamxenu123 Member

I agree, I think it is a completely wasted opportunity NOT to focus on the abuses CoS has commited by pushing alternative, disproven treatments in place of medications and legit therapies for serious mental and physical illnesses; It's a wasted opportunity because of the dianetics celebration happening on the same day, the book which pushes these alternative treatments; May is also mental health month.

srsly guis, you are making a HUGE mistake by ignoring this, one of the main causes of scientologies abuses.. If we go with something else, I might as well show up to the protest with a big :facepalm: picket sign to highlight the epic amounts of FAIL in anon decision making
  13. MarcabEmpress Member

I am a supporter of both psychiatry and alternative health practices, as are many in Lalaland Los Angeles. I want my psych meds AND my homeopathy/herbs/vitamins.... Too bad Co$ give alt medicine a bad name.
  14. dirk nimrod Member

There are many different themes we can come up with, imo.
  15. downstat Member

Any other top level unpopular decisions "we" should know about?

Psycho is dumb for a few reasons. Mostly because it pretends like Anon actually cares about psychiatrists and their medicine. Now Operation Fake Doctor or something is different.

Why stoop to the level of engaging CoS on their one strong suit and pretend we are opposite them, when in fact, many Anons probably are against medicating school children.

The one advocacy thing CoS has done (both in public and legislative) is this Psychout thing. If they were so horrible and wrong about it, you would have seen some public ridicule or blowback. In fact, the public seems to tolerate CoS counter protests and Nazi psych exhibits.

It's a losing proposition and "Psychout" has fail written all over it, plus it polls poorly everytime people try and force it on the forums as a viable idea.

(I agree Fair Game is bad idea also from a public WTF point of view. It's like two inside jokes)
  16. DeadFace Member

^^^^ t h i s

Continuation of Disconnect and others is good (and it's Mum's Day in the US)

Operation: Eminence Front would be good, about all of their "Front" groups where they State they're the "leaders"... LOTS of fail here when people find out about the connections to the CoS. You gots Applied Scholastics in schools (religious teachings in public schools? And CoS at that???!!!!), NARCANON sounding all "Narcotics Anonymous" when it's a BS front, CCHR et al. Heck, this can tie-in with the basic theme of Psyche-Out, in that they really aren't "THE" experts.

Plus, the Who song "Eminence Front" is a good one to much about with...
    Eminence Front, It's a put on.
    Come and join the party dressed to kill"
  17. AnonKiwi Member

What are all the SoCal threads saying right now? Are they all keen on PSYCHOUT over GAME OVER or is the OP not up with teh factz?
  18. albinocat Member

It is a good idea to have one protest location to use Operation Psychout. It can be test balloon to see how public and Scientology reacts to it.
  19. Re: SoCal Participates in Psychout, Not Fair Play

The OP is the same Ath that's running the So Cal info mailing list and such. Other than that, how do I shot web?
  20. Anonagi Member

The general consensus is that we should be focusing on Fair Game.

I have said this before and I will say it again - Fair Game is actively happening RIGHT NOW, and ath, you know it almost better than anybody.

I'm not just speaking about Anonymous members here - the general public, website owners, blog writers, and others are getting random C&D notices.

The time to expose and focus on fair game is RIGHT NOW, while the media is picking up the movement, is getting behind us, and more abuses are coming out.

The CoS's biggest footbullet right now is how they are attempting to use Fair Game tactics to do whatever they can to stop the protest or intimidate the protesters in direct accordance with LRH tech.

And with all due respect, ath, you do not speak for Anonymous. Nobody does. Each person will decide what they want to focus on, and ultimately, all we can all do is throw ideas out there, but the overwhelming consensus right now is that Fair Game is what should be focused on due to the CoS's current actions.
  21. Re: SoCal Participates in Psychout, Not Fair Play

I think that a continuation of Reconnect is a good idea, too. We can do it the day before Mother's Day, and I think it's SUCH a strong message that doing it twice can't possibly hurt anything/anyone!
  22. dwest Member

Can someone list the SoCal protests so I know if I'm "Central" or "Southern" Calif.

Thanks
  23. TakeAnonMe Member

I believe the OP is referring to LA specifically.
  24. Lrononymous Member

Good luck LA. Better know your shit. Don't blow it.