Customize

Someone trying to censor video of Ms Boucher's speech from 15th March 2008

Discussion in 'Youtube and Vimeo Problems' started by Anonymous, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Someone trying to censor video of Ms Boucher's speech from 15th March 2008

Someone had this video taken down, falsely claiming it violated the terms of use:
    [nomedia]www.youtube.com/watch?v=LazcSwX2IPA[/nomedia]

The uploader hasn't signed in for a while:
    YouTube - AntiScino's Channel

So I think it would be good to mirror and spread the video:
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XjfripQFk8"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

[mod]Please don't report this thread. As I understand it, Ms Boucher's concern is the use of her full (hyphenated) name, because it is unusual. Not the use of her surname.[/mod]
  2. BeetRoot Member

Re: Someone trying to censor video of Ms Boucher's speech from 15th March 2008

This is Miss Boucher

I requested that the video be removed for a very real privacy violation. I have repeatedly requested that the owner of the channel hosting the video remove my name from the title and the description as well as key words. I did not receive a reply so I reported the video. I am very happy that it has been taken down.

I own a small business and I have recently had a few clients do a google search for my contact info only to find this video. My clients do not need to know about this aspect of my life. I do not want to discuss it. Basically, it is bad for business.

This speech is hosted many times on other user's channels with parts of my name and it does not come up in a google search.

Please do not make this more difficult for me by mirroring this video. And definitely do not use my full name.

Thank you.

JM Boucher
  3. Anonymous Member

I must ask why you spoke out publicly if you did not want your name, your father's name, and your face to be behind what you said. You knew you were being recorded at the time, didn't you?

Have you changed your mind?

Your message might save people like your father and prevent similar deaths.
  4. Anonymous Member

Same Anon again. I meant to add a thanks, and to tell you in all sincerity that your speech is incredibly powerful and moving in its emotional honesty.

Please reconsider removing yourself. I mean it when I say that you can save lives with your story.
  5. BeetRoot Member

When I spoke out publicly did I state my name? Did I spell it out for you? NO. My problem with this video is that if someone where to do a google search on my proper name which is unusual and has a hyphen and a French spelling this video is the very first hit. That is unnecessary. Like I said in my first reply, it is bad for business. Like I also said in my first reply there are other versions of this speech with parts of my name in the title and description that I do not have an objection to. What I object to is that this video had key words that link it to my unusual name as the very first hit. If you google "Jean Boucher" it doesn't come up. If you google "Jeanne hyphen Marie Boucher" it is the very first hit.
    I haven't changed my mind about making this speech but I don't want to discuss it with my clients. It is inappropriate.

And for your information, I did not state my name at the first protest. Arnie Lerma posted my name (spelled incorrectly thank god) and picture without my permission. The Church of Scientology knows who I am and I do not need any kind of accolade for making those speeches which were completely spontaneous and NO I did not really think it through when it happened, I was in the moment.

So please do me a favor and do not insight a mirroring blitz. I was the person who filled a privacy violation because my privacy was being violated.
  6. BeetRoot Member

I really don't have a problem with the speech being on youtube. I don't want my full and unusual name linked to it, OK?
  7. Anonymous Member

I think its a more a question of her clients (maybe) being put off due to her being an ex sci kid
  8. BeetRoot Member

or rather, I don't want to have to explain it. I present myself professionally and that video is very raw emotion that my clients do not need to see. I doubt they would be put off by the fact that my parents were Scientologists (maybe) but someone might be put off by the amount of emotion I display and it is way too much information for someone that I have a business relationship with.
  9. rof Member

It looks more like someone falsely pretended they knew what they were talking about.

Your stubbornness makes you dumb, let her keep her name search.
  10. BeetRoot Member

DOn't be a weener, Rof. I'm sure this person had good intentions and I knew this would happen because Anonymous is Legion and you like, don't forget. BUt seriously, don't put my full and unusual name in the title , tag or description of this video, please. Thanks.
  11. Re: Someone trying to censor video of Ms Boucher's speech from 15th March 2008

Take Namefaggotry down in the title
  12. Anonymous Member

good luck with your future beetroot, business and otherwise :)
  13. BeetRoot Member

Thanks, Mate. Working on it...
  14. rof Member

Weener is my middle name.

I'm on your side, this is just how I talk.
  15. Anonymous Member

This video should be taken down and reposted without her name.
  16. Zak McKracken Member

I've already forgotten your name.
    If that helps?

Also:

2dh5lra.jpg
  17. Anonymous Member

Agreed. Video is just as effective without a name attached to it.

Drop the name, then have a mod delete this thread.
  18. Anonymous Member

I'm the Anon you replied to.

What you've said is perfectly reasonable. If I were mirroring that video (which I'm not) I would comply with what you ask.

Thanks again.
  19. Anonymous Member

OP here, sorry for the misunderstanding. I have removed the video.
  20. rof Member

Well, that only took 12 hours, not bad.

If all else fails you can always change your name to A. Weener Isyu.
  21. Anonymous Member

I am a friend of Boucher, who as you can see confessed she is an angry cult member. Look, some of you have mentioned that there is a small group of us scientologists that eat babies alive. Yes, as a ritual. But we don't discuss it anywhere on the internet because if someone were to google my name ... OH SHI- . I don't know how to internet. Brb
  22. Anonymous Member

3170609430_5795ae5b81.jpg
  23. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  24. Anonymous Member

Slept all day, ate too much baby last night. Now bugger off. Ms. Boucher's friend.
  25. TinyDancer Member

Added to OP:

Please don't report this thread. As I understand it, Ms Boucher's concern is the use of her full (hyphenated) name, because it is unusual. Not the use of her surname. Please don't report this thread. As I understand it, Ms Boucher's concern is the use of her full (hyphenated) name, because it is unusual. Not the use of her surname. [mod]Please don't report this thread. As I understand it, Ms Boucher's concern is the use of her full (hyphenated) name, because it is unusual. Not the use of her surname.[/mod]
  26. rof Member

[IMG]
  27. BeetRoot Member

Who ever this person is, s/he is not my friend. an angry EX-cult member.
  28. TinyDancer Member

Don't worry, JM. It's apparent that the person was attempting a weak joke.
  29. Anonymous Member

Sorry, I thought Beet was kidding about who they were and I was running with the gag. My point being that if your name is googled by anyone with half a brain, this thread would show up, and your personal feelings about your life situation.

Pardon me, and I take back the things about eating babies. SO has other plans for them.
  30. rof Member

I remember when you speeched that and it was a tender moment.

Good luck, and if there's anything I can do to make it better I will.
  31. BeetRoot Member

Thanks. I do know how to internet. If someone wanted to google my name and go through all of the links then they would find out a lot about me and my involvement with Scientology. However, my name is unusual in the United States but very common in Canada and France. The person in the google search could be anyone...

The problem was with the image and my voice coming up as the VERY FIRST hit on a google search. Now if one of my clients were to see that (and they have) what do you think they are going to do? Click the link? Yes,. Watch the video? Yes. Find out more than I ever wanted them to know about me? You bet.

I am aware that there is much more available to view and that is fine. Just wanted this particular vid out of the initial line of sight.
  32. BeetRoot Member

Thanks, Rof. It was definitely a raw moment and something that I had fantasized about doing for 6.5 years before you crazy lot gave me the opportunity. Figuring out what happened to my father and deciphering my childhood serendipitously coincided with the emergence of Chanology. The wave of energy and support Anonymous provided has been instrumental in the recovery of my true self and I am eternally grateful. I am doing really well now.

Sorry to be a biotch on this thread.
  33. Anonymous Member

Now I feel double awful. I just did a quickie look and places like digg do still have the hyphenated version up, although the video is not viewable.

If I could wave a wand and "clean the internets" for you I would. Sharing of personal information should always be a personal choice. I am truly sorry and again apologize for my poor attempt at humour.
    :clicksmakepostanonymous:
  34. BeetRoot Member

No worries. I forgive you. (what kind of person jokes about eating babies? a modest proposal, I'm sure)

Some clients will go through the trouble to find out more. Most will just move on.
  35. Anonymous Member

Now that we've been all polite and settled things, someone has to say it and restore things to normal here: even though your video is very touching and made me sad I was thinking "damn, she's pretty hot" pretty much the whole time.
  36. rof Member

STFU bitch

We're going to take care of it whether you like it or not.
  37. Anonymous Member

Yes, Ms. B, we're fixing it nao.

chanologynerd.jpg
  38. Sissy Lala Member

I'd like to dedicate this song to Rof and Beet...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH-xF1A9PS0"]YouTube- Carpenters - For All We Know[/ame]
  39. rof Member

I don't feel as though J-M B is a stranger.

Au contraire she is now ONEOFUS who can discuss this shit like normal people.
  40. Sissy Lala Member

whose name?

I can substitute the song if you're not strangers. You like this one?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQmbHGwMcCo&feature=related"]YouTube- Carpenters - Only yesterday[/ame]