Customize

Son of the skipper kills himself over Scientology

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonymous, May 8, 2009.

1. Am very sorry to hear this. I worked with Dorian back in the 80's and he was a good friend of mine for awhile. We eventually had a falling out and I never saw him again. Again am very sad to hear that he's gone. He was a good guy.
  2. Anonymous Member

Oh my! what terrible news.
  3. Anonymous Member

4. The Wrong Guy Member

I hadn't heard about this until a few minutes ago. Just for the record, some quick research provided a more detailed version of the original post in this thread in Blown for Good, credited to Pieter W., here:

http://blownforgood.com/?p=73
  5. Anonymous Member

Wish, the random posters would speak more. Sounds like a sad story that deserves to be heard.
    Sigh, sigh,sigh.
  6. Sonichu Moderator

Sure is a lot of guest posters thread necroing around here. And for no good reason, other than this old news is old.
  7. Obviously auditing can be a harsh mistress.
    Do they kill themselves sometimes, so they can come back and be eligible for services?
  8. Anonymous Member

b206a56a244edb6742c62e8f4bde7395.png

Dorian Hale Mackahan was a party to a real estate transaction 12-2-2009, which would contradict the claim that he died by suicide in the 1990s.
  9. Anonymous Member

10. Anonymous Member

11. RightOn Member

considering that Hubbard taught the sheeple that you are just a meat body and that you will come back several times, and they do not make a fuss about death, it is quite possible that Scientologists who do commit suicide may think this way in hopes of coming back in another life. Sheeple were able to disconnect more easily and not have a big regard for others. You are responsible for yourself only. And all that good stuff.
    But we shall never know if this is one of the reasons why scilons off themselves. A note would be helpful!
  12. Anonymous Member

The displaced Scientology Watchers from Tortega's blog are looking for a new place to land, and catching up on the stuff they hadn't seen elsewhere maybe?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. anon walker Moderator

What's new to you is new...
    • Funny Funny x 4
  14. Anonymous Member

Dorian Hale Mackahan =/= Michael Dorian Hale.
  15. Anonymous Member

Dorian Hale Mackahan is the son of Alan Hale Mackahan, the actor who played "Skipper." Brian, Chris, and Lana, mentioned in the real estate sale, are his siblings.
  16. Anonymous Member

17. Hi. re: Dorian being part of a real.estate transaction. Notice how the word "estate" is not next to his or Alan Brian's name. that is because they were dead. his oldest brother Alan died in 2005. Only Lana and Chris remain that is why estate is only next to their names. apparently they were selling the family home. samantha is brian's daughter. not sure why alan hale jrs 2 other grandkids were not listed unless they were minors.
  18. RolandRB Member

Offing themselves is a smart move because when they come back there will be Ideal Ideal Orgs there to service them plus Golden Age of Golden Age of Golden Age Tech to rocket them up the Bridge.

It would not surprise me if thousands of clams got life insurance a year ago and are waiting for the date when they can "off" themselves and be sure of being paid out.
  19. CSP

20. Dorian was my ex Brother-in-Law the CA death record is his. He married my sister Jan in Northridge, CA in 1978.
  21. That is not the Dorian Hale this thread is about. That is somebody by the name of MIchael Dorian Hale. Completely different person.
  22. I went to high school with Dorian in the early 1970's. I just now googled his name and was shocked and saddened to hear of his death. He was tall and green-eyed and strikingly handsome, with the sun-bleached hair and tan of a surfer. He was outgoing and clever and funny. I was a shy little girl with a big crush on him and sometimes he would make my day by flirting with me!
    I have happy memories of you, Dorian, and am sorry you ran into tough times.
  23. Eddie Fisher Member

24. Eddie Fisher Member

I actually went to court reporting School with him back in the 70s. And sometime in the early 80s I was in Hawaii and I ran into him. I was a pretty heavy drinker myself at the time and when I met him there in Hawaii he was in really bad shape. I was really surprised. We spoke for a little while. And I never saw him again
  25. Eddie Fisher Member

I went to court reporting school with him in the 70s lost track of them until I was in Hawaii and ran into him in the early eighties we were both pretty drunk and he was in pretty bad shape. I was hoping we might stay in touch but I was never to see him again. I was shocked to hear how his life came to an end