Customize

SOPA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Dec 23, 2011.

1. RedOrbifold Member

What if we did what chanology did?
    Scientology was already pretty disliked by people who knew anything about it. Now it's a complete joke to everyone who's heard of it. Guess what other large corporations aren't well liked, do things in secret and don't take criticism well?

We can restart youfoundthecard.com as an anti riaa/mpaa/government thing.
    People can actively protest, in person for these things. We don't need to be bothered by "oh well it's their religion they can do what they want".
    Dox is already available and ready to be spread.
    Phone numbers are definitely easily found.
    All the best things from chanology from how to win public support to how to get people out are all ready to be reused.

The parallels are uncanny. Contracts to not defect, to not say ill of the business, large amounts of secrecy and probably a fair amount of corporate spying. It would be the exact same war against a new enemy, a much better funded enemy, one with more power in the government for sure, but it's not like the bands and film studios actually like their corporate owners do they?

I think this has to go much further than just some idiots starting ddos attacks and some smart people shutting down their websites.
    • Like Like x 6
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

Uploaded by Current on Jan 20, 2012

"Countdown" contributor Markos Moulitsas, founder of the Daily Kos, analyzes the rapid congressional abandonment of the SOPA and PIPA bills following protests calling attention to how the proposed legislation would endanger Internet freedom. Moulitsas suggests that piracy could be curtailed if providers would make it easier for consumers to pay for content.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. adhocrat Member

good report.
    I wonder though, if it occurred to either of them that when the bank bailout was being overwhelmingly trashed by the citizens, it passed anyway.
    This one isn't as important in the scheme of things so congress and the RIAA pirates can bide their time until the proper spin has been applied.
  4. cafanon Member

Can we pretty pretty pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaase restart youfoundthecard.com for the NDAA 2012?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. lulzgasm Member

The crash and bailouts occured during one of our faux election periods. Ergo, too many people had "hoped" that Obama would do something about it once elected. Therefore, congress knew the people were temporarily placated enough for them to get away with it.
  6. adhocrat Member

The elections were a big problem, since the politicians only want to get elected. There is no other raison d'être for a politician but to get elected. All else is subordinate to that task. Notice the bipartisan nature of the bailout and that it continued with Obama.

The politicians knew they were facing the real possibility of the collapse of the dollar. Since it is always easier to punt than face the unwanted reality, they punted. It didn't stop the crisis, only kicked it down the road a few years. IOW, it was the most cowardly of the various options, and the one that would do the most long term harm and short term good--for them, not us.
    Business as usual.

I've been reading Thomas Wood's Nullification about Thomas Jefferson's reaction to the Alien and Sedition Acts of 1798. It is must reading if you want to know what the founding fathers were talking about in the early years of our erstwhile republic and how they expected the people to react to illegal acts by their government.

He was not one of the sheeple, that's for damn sure. We sure are, that's also for damn sure. His idea in a nutshell, the states and eventually the people themselves are the ultimate arbiters of what is right and wrong.

For those of you insistent that the social contract makes sense, you might read this book.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Lew Rockwell has an interesting post by Thomas Wood about his book, Nullification.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/woods/woods142.html
    • Like Like x 1
  8. adhocrat Member

Yep, that's it. Also, I've just started listening to this speech. T. Woods is an excellent speaker. he knows his subject and is very entertaining as well as informative.
    I first heard of the concept years ago through 'jury nullification'. This is what happened in the OJ trial, and it was also used by Southern juries to exonerate racist who murdered blacks in the 50s and 60s. So it isn't always used properly, but it is a very powerful tool in our arsenal.

According to Woods, it used to be standard practice for the JUDGE to tell the jury of their right to nullify a bad law. try that today and see what happens. As near as i can tell, it cannot be mentioned in court at all without repercussions.

9. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 5
  10. decker Member

11. RedOrbifold Member

so I'm not sure on the legitimacy and implications of this, but there's another new bill on the table along with SOPA and PIPA: OPEN
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/248525/sopa_pipa_stalled_meet_the_open_act.html

basically, it gives the oversight to the international trade commission on stopping foreign websites that "primarily" and "willfully" commits piracy and abuses intellectual property. Apparently the bill has the support of Twitter, Facebook and Google though. And the MPAA complains that it's "soft" on piracy

Basically it means very bad news for The Pirate Bay and it's a softcore version of existing bills.
    It doesn't really change our actions though. Just append OPEN to every mention of SOPA and PIPA
  12. Anonymous Member

13. Dragononymous Member

Don't forget Fava
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

[IMG]

This is http://megaupload.com, I really think Anonymous should try and hack the site and change this picture.
    I really really think it would be a good idea, like have a picture of the guy fawkes mask or something intimidating..
  15. Ersatz Global Moderator

We do not condone, promote or plan illegal activty on this site. There are legal and effective ways to protest.
    • Like Like x 3
  16. another123 Member

Dan Bull is pissed that they took MegaUpload down. So pissed, he wrote a song...
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Anonymous Member

Oh, so taking down PSN is legal?
  18. Anonymous Member

WTF are you talking about?
  19. Dragononymous Member

Like putting a new design to a website.
  20. Ersatz Global Moderator

No. What is your point.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

My point is that you said you do not condone, plan or promote illegal activities.
  22. decker Member

And his point was:
    Find where we plan anything about taking down PSN, mr. troll. Trust me we are not or have not been plotting to do that.

As said many times before: on this site we do not condone, promote or plan illegal stuff. We are all about the protest and debate of topic we care about !

Yes I know what you mean, but by the logic you use you would have criminal intent by riding the same train as a person on his way to bank robbery. Because you used the same transport as he did. Just because there might be some people using this site and helping attacking something is not the same as we have anything to do with it.

If you didn't like that example here is another: I'm betting you have a favorite political party? Are you reliable for everyone else that have the favorite party? If someone form your party does something criminal are you a criminal then ?
    Im gonna say no you are not, otherwise shame on you, mr. troll....

Can we get back on topic now?
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Anonymous Member

This site had nothing to do with that. Maybe you should lurk a little? Or more?
    • Like Like x 1
  24. RedOrbifold Member

I'm glad we're all on the same page.

Now that that's dealt with, can we just agree to start putting up notices like this: http://imgur.com/a/jOScW
    • Like Like x 1
  25. I like the Hypno-Toad image, i will imprint and use for PapperStorm.
  26. Anonymous Member

It was use of the Royal "we" meaning WWP Anonymous. Fail troll fails, again.
  27. We do not promote illegal activities...We do not promote illegal...We do not promote...We do not....We do..We, this is just the Forum of WWP so we can talk about the problems on our countrys.
  28. Crank Member

Yes you are the one. You did WWP.

OMG..:eek:

Like.

That's say a lot.
  29. Dragononymous Member

Should've seen it with the polish anti acta thing, guests were near 1k
    • Like Like x 3
  30. Crank Member

Awesome.:eek:
  31. Sarcasm?
    tumblr_lyfdou8gSg1r0ir19o1_500.jpg
    I don't wanna be the Stupid of the Thread.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Yeah i also have replied the link of WWP on my blogs so people can support with the Anti-ACTA
  33. People should also Look into TTP
    • Like Like x 1
  34. freehackgirl Member

35. freehackgirl Member

I ja sam probala napraviti srce, ali mi, kao ni tebi, nije uspjelo. Izgleda da to ovisi o stranici :)
    You can make a different IP: go to run in start menu and type "dns" then will open a windows with your IP. You clear it ans type "renew" (not sure what is first but try the booth). there you can see your IP. Delete it and in start menu type "renew" And you can wtite any IP u like :) I am not sure what is first but try all version and you will get it!!!