Customize

SOURCE NATURALS is NOT a Scientology Business

Discussion in 'Education, Research and Inside Reports' started by TinctureOfXenu, Nov 20, 2008.

1. RUMOR: SOURCE NATURALS, newly discovered Scio business

I was at a local Clearwater FL store and saw a new display that just SCREAMED "Scientology!". Here's the photo I took:

3045618211_b0f04d248c_o.jpg

Here's a closeup of one of their products:
    3046452916_701d761b19.jpg

This imagery is so close to a lot of the other imagery that is appearing for Scientology, Scio front groups, and scio-owned businesses.
    Examples: "Orientation" film, the scio-created anti-Anonymous video, Earth Organization (The Earth Organization - Please select your region).

This "Earth" image must mean something to those scios who are so interested in "Clearing the Planet".

The word "SOURCE" is definitely a scio beloved word. "Source" means "L. Ron Hubbard". To use the word "source" in a product (or even the word "standard") makes other scios think that the product is scientology-friendly.

They have a website (sourcenaturals.com): Source Naturals :: Vitamin and Herbal Supplement Provider

Domain registry gives the name/address:
    Threshold Ent
    Name: Charlie Muller
    Address: 23 Janis Way, Scotts Valley, CA 95066
    Email Address: helpdesk@thresholdent.com
    Phone Number: (831)461-7399 Fax Number: (831)438-2196

California business corporation: California Secretary of State - California Business Search - Corporation Search Results
    Corporation: SOURCE NATURALS, INC.
    Number: C1021861 Date Filed: 3/24/1981 Status: active
    Jurisdiction: California
    Address: 23 JANIS WAY , SCOTTS VALLEY, CA 95066
    Agent for Service of Process: IRA L. GOLDBERG, 23 JANIS WAY, SCOTTS VALLEY, CA 95066

There's an Amazon review showing how rotten the business practices are (in typical scio fashion):
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Source-Naturals-Multiple-Tablets-tablets/dp/B000GFPDBK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1227204779&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Source Naturals Elan Vital Multiple, Tablets, 180 tablets: Health & Personal Care[/ame]
    Most of the products are available on Amazon.

MOD EDIT:
  2. Lednir Member

Re: SOURCE NATURALS, newly discovered Scio business

I thought scilons were supposed to be against mood altering medicines, just some sort of homotherapy rip-off rather than a scilon rip-off mebbe? Though the name *does* seem very Tech-speak.
  3. Re: SOURCE NATURALS, newly discovered Scio business

These aren't drugs. I've browsed the products and they seem the usual run-of-the-mill vitamins and supplements which you would see from any other "alternative health" vitamin company. Products are followed with statement such as "Not approved by FDA. Does not cure anything."

Too many of the products that are scio favorites have similar names to other scio-owned products. The one that comes first to mind is "Calm Thoughts". "Calm" is a product made and promoted by Peter Gillham. Natural Calms : Peter Gillham’s Natural Vitality, Nutrition for your good health!
    Calm is basically magnesium and is an alteration of L. Ron Hubbards "CalMag" formula, which Gillham also sells. "Calm" has become quite a typical product that many scios take on a daily basis.
  4. Lednir Member

Ah right, didn't know that, sorry. With that in mind, and the fact it's in Clearwater, it's pretty likely that it is a Sci product. But seriously, whether it's vitamins/minerals/calcium/whatever, if it's claimed to alter your mood ("calming") surely it's psychotropic...bloody hypocrites.
  5. moose Member

6. mko Member

I prefer my Vitamin C in raw, crystal form :p
  7. anoninoob Member

Pretty sure it's NOT a sci front. Threshold is a vitamin wholesale company over here in Scotts Valley (just a little north of Santa Cruz). They've been around for a loooong time. They're scheisters but I'll bet even money that they're not the Cult.

Another piece of evidence that they're not, the local org in Santa Cruz is super pathetic. They're renting out an room in a little office building. Threshhold sells worldwide.

---
    anoninoob
  8. Top Grunge Member

^^^

I disagree, that has Bridge Pub design all over it.

And "Source" Naturals, sorry, thats gotta mean Hubbard. In Clearwater, first assume CoS front, then reason out that it is not. But this looks crazy Scicrappy. Also, the store I believe that photo is in, the store owner is buddy buddy with the cult....cause they buy a lot of vitamins.

*RESEARCH UPDATE

Founded in 1982 by Ira Goldberg. Could not find link between company, CEO, and COS.
  9. anonymous1312 Member

You'll need to do more research on this to determine if it is a cult front. If it were a start up I'd be prepared to believe the scilons were diversifying in their desperation but I gather that is not the case. Do you have a companies register where you can look up who owns it, who the directors / major share holders are?

All those obvious scilon symbols / words are really pretty common in the woo'ist industry; another industry known to bleat on about psychiatrists and how stinging nettles between the butt cheeks can cure the clapp, well ok not the last bit but they do come up with some twaddle sometimes.
  10. mrfyde Member

Search Results: Source Naturals

above is a link to what the FDA has on the company. I am going to fire off a letter on this product just in case.

Sample letter:
    Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to bring to your attention the claims being made on this over the counter supplement.

This product "Calm Thoughts" from Source Naturals claims to reduce stress and anxiety. (link to their webpage : http://www.sourcenaturals.com)I worry that many of the products that can be purchased over the counter, can be misleading and would like to bring this one in particular to your attention.

Please look into this product and its claims.

There is no need to reply I just want to bring the product to your attention in hopes that if this product does not live up to its promises that people will not use it as an alternative to proper medical treatment.

Thank you for your time,
    Xxx Xxxx
    ----------

Good chance this is just one of the many supplement companies that makes claims about a product until they get shut down they pay a fine that is less than 10% of what they profit and start again with another product. (Like Kevin Trudu or however you spell Tru-dough)

Not sure this is the best place to send it but this was the first one I found.
    FDA Industry Systems Help Desk

Update: Read this first
    http://www.fda.gov/opacom/backgrounders/problem.html#medprod
  11. Ann O'Nymous Member

TTBOMK, nobody provided so far anything serious linking the product or the company to scientology or scientologists. I suggest this thread goes to "Off topic" if the situation remains unchanged.
  12. Re: SOURCE NATURALS, newly discovered Scio business

Dox or "Off topic".
  13. Bob Newhart Member

Strange that they would use the "ELAN" name. Irish pharmaceutical company. Why not Pfizer?
  14. Re: SOURCE NATURALS, newly discovered Scio business

The store it was in is Nature's Food Patch: Nature's Food Patch

This store is close to downtown Clearwater and is the closest "health food store" to downtown Clearwater (there are others in the county, but this is the closest to "Flag".

The store also has a deli, salad/soup bar, and restaurant in the back, so a lot of scilons come for lunch and dinner here. At any point in time, you can walk thru the store and spot scilons. (Well, I can, because I know a lot of them from when I was "in".)

This store is NOT run by scilons and the "help" are rarely scilons -- more likely to be weirdly dressed people with dreadlocks (on white people) and body piercings. But the clientele is probably about 1/4 scilon and they DO cater to scilon purchase habits -- what the scilons will buy, they will stock.

The word "source" is a silent button-word where you can scream out "Scientology!" to the scilons without using the actual word "Scientology". The word "standard" is also used that way. This is because you cannot overtly advertise something as being related to a particular religion -- not to mention the litigious nature of CofS who will not allow you to put the word "Scientology" on any product you are selling. (They claim it's a "trademark".)

So Scientologists have had to resort to special keywords that other scilons will recognize but that others will not know of and not be alarmed with. "Source" and "standard" are two of those keywords.

No, I don't assert that this product is provided by any of the scientology corporations, but all scientologists need gobs and gobs of money to support their habit (auditing/training) and they get involved in ANY business that they think will bring them money. They think their marketing techniques are far superior to any other "wog" marketing techniques, so they feel they can make more money than a wog... while doing the same business.

Vitamins have been a big seller in the scilon community and many scientologists (not just Peter Gillham) have tried to start vitamin "lines". There's a chiropractor here in Clearwater that does that. Gatza Chiropractic Arts - Taking Care of Clearwater, FL

Standard Vitamins was one of them. Nutrina and Standard Vitamins Products - Vitamins Catalog

There's also a business here in Clearwater/Tampa run by Freddie Ulan
    Ulan Nutritional Systems, Inc. | Building Successful Nutritional Practices, Step-by-Step
    who not only sells vitamins (at marked up prices) but teaches other chiropractors a technique to convince patients they need these premium vitamins, and that their "needs" change each week. Those chiros are to make their profits through the resale of vitamins.

Freddie Ulan is ex-Guardian Office staffer.
  15. Top Grunge Member

Still, no rock hard evidence its a front company.

Can we just agree, people should not buy BS miracle vitamins with zero FDA approval? Ok good.

On a seperate note, since you mention Freddie Ulan, he put on a seminar with guest speakers about <insert Cult money scam>. Some of those people Mr. Ulan got are now in the CCHR video that was released. :) Scilons have a small world and keep using each other as valid references. God I hate this cult
  16. Dubber Member

Scientologists are not necessarily the only people in Florida trying to make money off Scientologists.
  17. Re: SOURCE NATURALS, newly discovered Scio business

Not "front group"; just Scientologists running a business.
  18. the_cloak Member

Yeah but they are desperate for money. And they have a lot of fronts. Those in charge know it is a scam, and probably run lots of side scams too, including ones that might contradict their teachings in the main scam. Or it could be the business of a scilon who uses this scam to get his money so he can pay for the one he fell for.
  19. Forseti Member

I have been scouring the net for any link to Co$........I have found nothing.

You can buy that product from all kinds of health sites all over the net.
  20. anoninoob Member

Btw, the manufacturer of that herbal herbal supplement is hiring... and for a semi on topic funny....

Job Title: Scientific Writer
    Company: Threshold Enterprises, Ltd.
    OpenDNS

---
    anoninoob
  21. AnonyK23 Member

They DON'T have detox on their site as a "health concern".

Nor do any of their big players have scieno ties. For what that's worth.
  22. moose Member

true.

but it is probably a WISE buisness. which means they have to pay a percentage of their $$$ to Co$, and that it is run by scilons (who have to pay up ass well). so, calling it a front-group isn't very far off, although calling it a cartel would probably be more accurate.
    WISE-companies don't necessaryly sell CoS products (like books, tests and courses), but it can be something totally unrelated. I even know such a store that sells coffee-machines..

Can we find out where these products are sold?
    As I stated earlier, the ONLY store (in this country) where you can buy this product is a WISE-listed vitamin store. A regular store wouldn't sell vit. C for such a ridiculous price, so if we can show that all of these stores are WISE-businesses, then I think we can assume this a WISE-company too.
  23. TheBitch Member

What's to say it's not a clevah Wog who figured out how to fuk with their heads and make them buy overpriced, penny-a-piece vitamins in large bottles with important looking labels with a nice BIG Co$ trigger word for consumption on it? Unless there are dox connecting him to CoS, congrats to him for figuring out how to make a dollar off the back of the $cilon machine.

So far as I know, they haven't managed to copyright the word "source" or MOST of the rest of the human language. Maybe the REAL lulz are to be had in marketing knockoffs with embedded emotional triggers in them in an effort to exploit them further! I like it styled more as an act of passive resistance and PROFIT, and an OSA sponsored attempt at diversification.

This being said, if it's a manipulation... either $cilons will now go demand a slice of the action, sue the gai, or tell members he is an SP who is subtly enturbulating them in order to steal from the "church." Unless there's a payoff already in place, it's easy to imagine Flag will do nothing now that it's a dirty lil public seekrit.
  24. Vir Member

A bit conflicted here. I actually do think we should be targeting the income of the people who get rich on Scientology without believing in it themselves - the lawyers etc, and this might perhaps even be describing David Miscavige himself. Think about it: If you found out Scientology was a scam, and had no sense of ethics, would you stop sucking in the money just because you didn't belive in it anymore? It's not like your under-educated ass would get a high-paying corporate job - although of course you could go into retirement and live comfortably. But on the other hand we don't want to interfere with people who do honest business with them.

Hmmm.
  25. anon0004 Member

let me translate into internet

lol:
    "Vit C, 100 tabletten 2 MONTH OF WoW
    ... really, that's a lot of €€€
  26. Re: SOURCE NATURALS, newly discovered Scio business

You don't have to pay a percentage of your income to WISE just because you are a WISE member. The only WISE members that pay a percentage to WISE are those that are consulting businesses on L. Ron Hubbard Administrative Technology. Those businesses that sell other products and services (not scio prods & servs) only pay MEMBERSHIP DUES to WISE.
  27. Optimisticate Member

It would be great if it wasn't a scilon, but just some scam artist, er, "naturalist" or whatever the hell they are, that figured out a way to make money off of gullible sickentologists. Just a little bit of karma coming around in a different way :D

Gotta be able to spend your $5 somewhere.
  28. Anonymous Member

FWIW, an employee of this business has posted a message on their LJ claiming that it is not a WISE business. He sounds pretty calm about it so to that end it does support his non-scilon argument :)

A Rake at the Gates of Hell - Anyone know ANONYMOUS?

Just another example of making sure we have facts right before we run with anything.. luckily this case was pretty benign. Keep up the research!
  29. Anonymous Member

I told him we had seen his post, appologized for any trouble and mentioned our little secret about lithium.

Guiz, this is the second time in a week or so that some small business has been caught in our crossfire. Both times they were really cool about it but we gotta be more careful.

CHECK YOUR FUCKING FACTS
  30. Suzette Member

They sell these at several health food stores locally, at least one of which I am sure has no Scientology connections.

Scientologists are big on vitamins, but so far as I know, there are no official Scientology vitamins. So they have to buy them from other companies, like this one. These are not particularly notable in any way that I can see. As the live journalist says, this sort of imagery and language is hardly unique to the Scientologists.
  31. TruthHurts Member

To all: I am an employee of Source Naturals in Scotts Valley. Let me first say that I have never before read threads of such silly, paranoid, conspiracy-theorists dribble as you all have shown here. I have been with this company for a few years and never once, NOT ONCE, have I heard anything regarding Scientology. Not from management. Not from co-workers. Nothing. I have never met a single person at the company who has even brought up the topic. To try and suss us out as a Scientology "front" is a laughable excercise in futility. If anything, it is staffed by health conscious hippies and wanna-be beatnicks who enjoy taking supplements and washing it all down with a nice joint after work. Your investigative analysis of the logo and the name of the company shows me that 1) you are incredibly bored and misinformed and have time to direct your energies chasing boogeymen and unicorns and 2) your organization is incredibly useless to the Greater Good, serving only your validate your delusion fantasies

Source Naturals is a legitimate company selling legitimate and reasonable health products - not some nefarious cultish front ready to puch a Scientology agenda on an unsuspecting populace.

"Why We Protest" and its members must consist of pimple faced virgin teens watching reruns of the X-files in Mommy's basement. Enjoy your wild goose-chase and dont forget to take some vitamin C to fend off the Swine Flu.

Oh yeah, by the way - I hear Topm Cruise may be Patient Zero. You may want to waste your week looking into that!!!
  32. TruthHurts Member

To all: I am an employee of Source Naturals in Scotts Valley. Let me first say that I have never before read threads of such silly, paranoid, conspiracy-theorists dribble as you all have shown here. I have been with this company for a few years and never once, NOT ONCE, have I heard anything regarding Scientology. Not from management. Not from co-workers. Nothing. I have never met a single person at the company who has even brought up the topic. To try and suss us out as a Scientology "front" is a laughable excercise in futility. If anything, it is staffed by health conscious hippies and wanna-be beatnicks who enjoy taking supplements and washing it all down with a nice joint after work. Your investigative analysis of the logo and the name of the company shows me that 1) you are incredibly bored and misinformed and have time to direct your energies chasing boogeymen and unicorns and 2) your organization is incredibly useless to the Greater Good, serving only your validate your delusion fantasies

Source Naturals is a legitimate company selling legitimate and reasonable health products - not some nefarious cultish front ready to puch a Scientology agenda on an unsuspecting populace.

"Why We Protest" and its members must consist of pimple faced virgin teens watching reruns of the X-files in Mommy's basement. Enjoy your wild goose-chase and dont forget to take some vitamin C to fend off the Swine Flu.

Oh yeah, by the way - I hear Topm Cruise may be Patient Zero. You may want to waste your week looking into that!!!
  33. Anonymous Member

The result of the discussion was that it's probably not related to Scientology and that there is no proof to show it is.
  34. Anonymous Member

^This.
  35. AnotherMrPink Member

Welcome to our board!

First of all, you necromancied an old thread that was pretty much dead as was determined there was "nothing to see here." A person, one person took a picture and asked a question. People investigated (kinda like journalists do) to see if it could be true, and through process and logic the general consensus was the company was not linked in any way.

See, everything we do is in the open, so if we mention a company or person and research it is for all to see, for the better or worse. Do you not think that this kind of research and bantering is not exactly what goes on when politicians try to dig up dirt on a candidate, or companies brainstorm what weakness' are in their competitors products?

The only difference is you get to see the whole process because its all about open information here as opposed to all the work being done behind closed doors and all the public ever gets to see is the final answer, which in this case, was determined to be, "No its not."

Ya gotta think conspiracy if you are trying to find conspiracy; but only act on what you have facts on. Now, I must get back to my X-Files...Scully is dead again.
  36. Anonymous Member

Have you read the whole thread, TruthHurts? Most of the contributors tell the original poster (a former Scientologist) that they're wrong and that there's zero evidence of a Scientology link. Oh, and this isn't an organisation.
  37. Anonymous Member

Doesn't seem so. Just lept right in and start bawwing without looking.
  38. King Nerd Member

Kill yourself.
  39. Anonymous Member

It's almost like he's asking for us to troll him, what with the vitriolic response to a thread he couldn't be bothered to read. calling us names hurts our feelings.
  40. Re: SOURCE NATURALS, newly discovered Scio business

[IMG]