Customize

SP Times - "Church of Scientology investigation gets worldwide response"

Discussion in 'St Petersburg Times expose' started by Oinkertron9000, Jun 22, 2009.

1. chrisanon Member

Re: SPTimes - "Church of Scientology investigation gets worldwide response"

MADE OF WIN!!!!

I nominate Joe Childs and Thomas C. Tobin for a Balls of Baca! award.

I'll bet it's a real party of the Failwinds today!

Now let's Digg the hell out of part 2 - it's only got 93 Diggs so far.

Digg link: Death in slow motion: Part 2 of 3 of Scientology expose
  2. Anonymous Member

With this kind of response, hopefully they'll do another series on the criminal actions of scientologists real soon. There are certainly many more areas of fraud and criminal activity to explore.
  3. Re: SPTimes - "Church of Scientology investigation gets worldwide response"

BFG got quoted, awesome
  4. Mutante Member

I hope they syndicate the story as fully as possible because it's a fantastic global public interest piece.
  5. basil Member

I really feel sorry for anyone trapped on the Failwinds with Miscavige right now.

It would only take a few brave people to overboard the midget and nobody need ever know what really happened, he just... exteriorised and went off after Hubbard to find out why he wasn't back from researching Incident 2 yet.
  6. NoScope Member

Let the flood of bad press begin
  7. Anonynamefag Member

Speaking of Baca, I bet he'd love to hear about this. Follow-up report, maybe?
  8. Anonymous Member

He's probably aware but it couldn't hurt to harpoon him with a link.
  9. anonviking Member

Misscavige is in deep waters now. :rolleyes:
  10. Anonynamefag Member

11. Anonymous Member

SP Times - "Scientology: A smiling storefront, a darker interior"

Scientology: A smiling storefront, a darker interior - St. Petersburg Times
  12. Anonymous Member

Dear World,

Never ever cross the Internet. May this head on a pike forever remind you of this.

Signed,

Anonymous
  13. Mutante Member

14. Anonymous Member

Re: SPtimes - "Scientology: A smiling storefront, a darker interior"

well said. I thought this was bad enough for the cult but the multiple footbullets in the response makes it all the more sweeter.
  15. Anonymous Member

Re: SPtimes - "Scientology: A smiling storefront, a darker interior"

This just keeps getting better and better.
  16. Havok Member

Re: SP Times - "Scientology: A smiling storefront, a darker interior"

I love the fact that these articles are being published by the "SP" Times... double meaning much?
  17. LilDebbie Member

is every reporting at the times gonna throw a punch?

because i know every single one of them wants to...
  18. Re: SP Times - "Scientology: A smiling storefront, a darker interior"

master.jpg
  19. Re: SP Times - "Scientology: A smiling storefront, a darker interior"

this has been a most excellent week. Wonder how the dwarf's asthma is doing? His drinking problem? heh.
  20. Anonynamefag Member

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  22. Gede Member

Re: SP Times - "Church of Scientology investigation gets worldwide response"

A highlight from this article (quoting another article, mind you):

"What makes these revelations so ground-breaking is that just ten years ago, such articles might not have been possible....Furthermore, there have been repeated allegations that Scientology used personal attacks, rumor-mongering, harassment, and other tactics to break the will of critical reporters. Only Scientology knows how many have been intimidated into silence."
  23. happy feet Member

SPTimes July 9 - followup reactions to beating allegations

Allegations against Scientology's leader out there, but all else is normal

Allegations against Scientology's leader out there, but all else is normal - St. Petersburg Times

24. Anonymous Member

Re: SPTimes July 9 - followup reactions to beating allegations

Thanks - good article, comments are open
  25. Ogsonofgroo Member

Uh-oh. Whooosh-kapow-jillion volts of knowingness etc. O-o

Seems more than a few of the officials down there B&PF, no wonder the citizens are getting pissed off.
  26. Re: SPTimes July 9 - followup reactions to beating allegations

Hmph. Sounds like WWII Vichy France. Bunch of collaborators.
  27. JohnnyRUClear Member

So, mixed results. Politicians are known to be spineless pants-wetters afraid to take tough stands, so not a huge surprise that they're waiting to see more.

Where's that California big deal reportedly discussed at the Weekend at BFG's? This would be a good time....
  28. Voltaire Member

Surprised? A bunch of politicians hedging their comments.... this is what politics is all about. It's all in the way you present yourself and face it, Scientology knows the art of spin and creative representation. They're slick and infiltrating higher and higher levels all the time. Consider their relative low numbers in relation to other recognized religions, it becomes quite clear and scary indeed. It's obvious to me that they are resolute in their agenda and relatively successful.

This is the reason Anonymous is so important and crucial for raising awareness.
  29. Anon1720 Member

^^This. I am astounded by the connections these scilons have considering their shrinking size. Hopefully, this will change.
  30. JohnnyRUClear Member

If their leader shrinks any more, he'll be REALLY short.
  31. whoever Member

Sounds like he is pretty cozy with the Scilons. And he's basically dismissing the allegations as "smoke" and impugning the credibility of the ex-Scientologists who talked to the Times ("impeachable points").
  32. 3rdMan Member

This is good information. Now we know which ones in Clearwater are Scientology ass kissers.
  33. AnotherMrPink Member

I am happy that some politicians took notice. Heres a good guy/bad guy list:

Good:
    Karen Seel
    Bill Horne
    Mayor Hibbard??
    The residents of Clearwater

Bad:
    Gus Bilirakus
    Bob Dillinger
    Dennis Jones
    Calvin Harris
    Susan Latvala
    Jim Coats

The good, may not indeed be good other than Karen Seel, but their comments show a chance for being against the cult. I did not know Hibbard tried to get Miscavige to deuniform the people, I like that a lot.

The dirtiest it seems is GUS BILIRAKUS...again!!!! Just more evidence. The damage has already been done to him however in the Greek Community and the wealthy greeks I talk to about it are disappointed because hes such a nice guy...but the word has spread among them that hes a cult shill. Sorry Gus, to late. This article proves he has MULTIPLE Scilons working for him. MULTIPLE!!!

Bob Dillinger seems highly suspect too. He got research from the Scilons to back up his agenda...which you know means bad research. Scilons are using him to fight psychiatry.

Contacting the offices of all these people is very easy. Uncle Bruce, feel like making some more calls?
  34. Anonymous Member

Hibbard is just better at spinning things than the other local politicians. He's in bed with the cult when good PR falls their way and he distances himself when the cult falls on it's ass.

Change their uni's downtown? lmfao Who the fuck wants them to change their uniforms downtown? We like being able to tell which are the braindead ronboid homo novuses (novaii? what's the fucking plural for homo novus?) and which are the poor fuckers who for some reason were forced to go downtown.

AnotherMrPink? I love that you've informed the Greek community in Tarpon about Gus Bilirakis. I love Tarpon and the Greek community.

To the politicians who said that nothing has changed about how people feel about this cult? They're actually correct. People have hated the cult for a long time and that didn't change with this 3-part series. But the politicians aren't on the streets anymore so how would they know that everyone was talking about this series?
  35. Anonymous Member

Shit was sooooo theta
  36. Anonymous Member

Good information to know next time those politicians bought by Scientology come up for reelection. But it would have been nice to know who the "some distanced themselves from the church" politicians were. Those are the ones to vote for.
  37. AnotherMrPink Member

^^^^
    More info has already been asked from the Times article authors.