Customize

SP Times:"Church of Scientology rolls out new ad campaign in bay area"

Discussion in 'St Petersburg Times expose' started by AnonymousNow, Aug 11, 2009.

1. AnonymousNow Member

SP Times:"Church of Scientology rolls out new ad campaign in bay area"

Church of Scientology rolls out new ad campaign in bay area - St. Petersburg Times

"Beginning June 21, the three-part series "The Truth Rundown" featured the stories of four people who once held top positions in the church. They alleged that leader David Miscavige physically attacked members of the church's top leadership and fostered an atmosphere of violence among Scientology's international management. Another story Aug. 2 revealed allegations from other former staffers at the church, which locates its spiritual headquarters in Clearwater.

Given the stories the St. Petersburg Times has written recently about the church, why is the organization selling advertising space to them?

Paul Tash, editor, chairman and CEO of Times Publishing Co., said the company doesn't take Scientology recruitment advertising. But the current online ad, which speaks more to Scientology's overall image, doesn't meet that definition."
  2. Re: SP Times:"Church of Scientology rolls out new ad campaign in bay area"

Whatevs. In my opinion, let them waste more dough buying online ads in a newspaper where a lot of readers have already learned the truth about them and even receieved a recent refresher course about how much they suck.

I can't imagine the ads would be very effective anyway, even by Scientology standards, but what do I know?
  3. PagAnon Member

Re: SP Times:"Church of Scientology rolls out new ad campaign in bay area"

Yes the expose + freedom magazine = epic win for anonymous.
  4. DiaSciRev Member

Lawl, the ad popped up on the article page.
  5. fitch2000 Member

those damn things pop up everywhere

Again, I can only imagine what they are spending on advertising because of Anonymous.

Who is at cause and who is at effect here? lol
  6. Anonymous Member

Supposedly, the COS has employed Google Adware, if someone clicks on the ad the advertisers pay per click up to a certian limit.

Thank Xenu-- this site dis-allowed the COS adware campaign.

Yes, I know this has been covered before, tyvm.

Modify message as needed.
  7. Oswald2001 Member

I think that the $cilon are 100% at cause.

They "pulled in" all the critics.

$cilontology is so bad that it actually created Anonymous.

Karma is in force in The Universe. No one and no thing is exempt.

Bad Karma is comin' for what the $cilons have done, what they are and what they hope to do/be.

Can't beat Karma.
  8. Re: SP Times:"Church of Scientology rolls out new ad campaign in bay area"

SP Times to world : "culture of beatings in scientology comes all the way from the throne"

scientology to SP times : "you write about us and make us look bad. boo fucking hoo"

[... later ...]

scientology to SP times : "we give you moneys m'kay? "
  9. darkshadow667 Member

ahh.
  10. genoramix Member

fix'd
  11. A.Non Hubbard Member

I think you mean "at effect".

Think of cause/effect. The cause is a newspaper series. The effect is an ad campaign.

Scientology is in the vulnerable position of being "at effect", meaning they're reacting to something rather than being the cause of something.
  12. Re: SP Times:"Church of Scientology rolls out new ad campaign in bay area"

The banner ad reminds me of the ones for online games. I kept expecting it to tell me to join and rescue the princess.
  13. HatGirl Member

It's Google adsense.
    If your page says "Scientology" anywhere on it and you have google ads enabled, adsense will probably generate ads for Scientology.

This problem can be solved by blocking Scientology URLs in adsense, which is very simple. Of course, some people choose not to bother. That and Scientology has more than one website.
  14. mirele Member

The Kult is also advertising its Freedom Magazine "expose" on Twitter and via Google Ads.

I went to this link ( Slashdot Submission | CEO of FreeCode leaves Church of Scientology ) on Slashdot and got served up a lovely ad about "Merchants of Chaos: A Freedom Magazine Investigative Report on the St. Petersburg Times."

Here's the image ad url...

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CL3n95Wit8eKgAEQ2AUYTzIIuXGmh5Ckifg

I suspect Davey's very, very, very upset. Very.

(Hi, Davey? Remember me? The fat chick with the sign at the Shrine Auditorium in El Lay back in 1997? I'm still taller than you.)
  15. Re: SP Times:"Church of Scientology rolls out new ad campaign in bay area"

Just checked the comments sections and it's full of OSA trolls.
  16. Anonymous Member

so leave some truthful comments of your own
  17. Oswald2001 Member

No. I mean "at cause".

You can be "at cause" of drinking too much.

You can be "at cause" by overindulging.

You can then end up "at effect" because there are definitely consequences to drinking too much.

The $cilons caused Anonymous.

The $cilons caused all the backlash.

And now, they are "at effect" of what they caused.

I view all the problems the $cilons are having as been 100% generated by themselves.

Hopefully, it will be a terminal downward spiral that will be fatal to The CULT.
  18. AnotherMrPink Member

I like Hillrunner....says he has saved peoples lives with touch assist!

WOW! Nice medical claim.
  19. Re: SP Times:"Church of Scientology rolls out new ad campaign in bay area"

I already had. Just wanted to know if anyone else wanted to 'poon too.
  20. kissyfur Member

I did too, yesterday

today they really are being bombarded; yesterday was more 'baw critics' and today we have 'sci is supa dupa magically delicious!'

But it is good to note that they are still promoting majik powers and medical claims. Keep on talking scienos, make sure to leave your contact info so you can testify to this. in court. AGAINST scientology.
  21. muldrake Member

[IMG]
  22. Re: SP Times:"Church of Scientology rolls out new ad campaign in bay area"

#
    Kendall from California
    Aug 13th, 2009 7:21 pm

There are some spiteful and uninformed people posting comments. How many are from the same person? Are they being paid for it? They obviously have no first-hand experience with actual Scientology and Scientologists. I have 25 yrs experience.

Lol. Now they're getting paranoid (well more paranoid).
  23. BlooAnon Member

"I'm sorry Anon. Your Princess is in another castle. Pay 30,000 to go to the next level."
  24. Optimisticate Member