Customize

SP Times give headaches so just don't read it!

Discussion in 'St Petersburg Times expose' started by Anonymous, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

SP Times give headaches so just don't read it!

Scilons are still fighting back at the St. Petersburg Times indirectly. The Tampa Bay Informer is the scilon run newspaper of the Clearwater area. Today the publisher Angela LeMay gives her solution to negative waves in the news media. Stop listening and reading!

SCILON Tampa Bay Informer - Does Reading Too Much Bad News Give You a Headache?
  2. Re: SP Times give headaches so just don't read it!

Oh ffs. There's nothing worse than obvious bias in Journalism....

oh wait... it's owned by Scilons.... nevermind, not journalism. Carry on, etc.
  3. Anonymous Member

4. mongrel Member

Re: SP Times give headaches so just don't read it!

LOLWOW!!ELEVENTY

Bitch really hit the nail on the head with that one.

DNGIRLBPIlorez.jpg

And, of course, we have the most recent example of scifag anti-negativity.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL4HapgG-2c"]YouTube - A Conversation With a Scientologist - 22/08/2009[/ame]
  5. Smurf Member

Does this include that trashy, irrelevant tabloid... Freedom Magazine?
  6. amaX Member

Oh, yeah, Angela? Well, your stupid Freedumb magazine almost made my head explode and I'm still reading $cifag shit.

Srsly, $cifags: how you think you're ever gonna beat us if you don't read the stuff we like?
    ^head's up, OSA, this is a question AND a hint.
  7. Ogsonofgroo Member

Whoa!
    Scilon logic at its usual '*meh*', so heaven forbid anyone should actually go out and look at the news of the world, or get informed about what is happening, its liek "Hey, dis is bad news stuff, we gots a hole fer your head ta protex it right here! That's right, stick it there, we'll get all da fluffy (mostly craps) good stuffs piped in to ya!"

Ouff!

Good fucking chocolate-deep-fried-heart-stoppin'-horney-toads-onna- broken-bridge BatCat!

GAH!

O-o

o_o oi.
  8. anonhuff Member

Nobody thinks better for you than they do, is apparently the message.

A contradiction that somehow makes sense but leaves normal people seeing the obvious.
  9. A.Non Hubbard Member

why worry about things that occur and can harm you when you can live in the beautiful haze of ignorance? No yourself, no life.
  10. andonanon Member

11. NoScope Member

LOL, does no one see the irony that this was written in a newspaper. I'm still cracking up over that.
  12. PagAnon Member

I find that a lot of people who are told they won't be able to do something or can't be something do all they can just to do or be what they were told they couldn't. Running away from reality doesn't fix anything. A great comic book anti-hero once said,"Don't run from it Evey, you've been running all your life!" ok so that was what was said in the movie, which was slightly different from the scene in the comic, but the point remains that there will come a time in which reality will have to be dealt with.
  13. Ogsonofgroo Member

It becomes some sort of cosmic quagmire when the 'truth to you, is the truth we show'.
    When we stop seeking for ourselves and start accepting one aspect as 'truth', then we really do tend to fall down I think, been happening for a while imho. Kinda sad, but entirely human I guess.

hm.

:)
  14. PagAnon Member

perhaps its me but i think that even the media now doesnt want to talk about certain hard hitting articles save for a few articles here or there. For example, I've been wanting news of Iran and most of what any of the networks show is shit imo.
  15. Re: SP Times give headaches so just don't read it!

Their new head in the sand tech!

HeadSandRD_v2.jpg
  16. Ogsonofgroo Member

My personal view on mainstream media is that it is either A) selling copy/ratings
    B) controlled to do 'A'
    C) divert attention to bullshit.
    News media is not my friend, fuck, I have to use a short-wave band to really search around just to find out approximate realities of stories beyond 'the fringe'.

Simplistic I no. *sad, at being simple person*

:(
  17. RedTie Member

YOU SIR! Get 5 internets, after I give you 5 intensives myself. That was epic!
  18. PagAnon Member

hell blogs can have more reliable, informative, and important news than the more traditional media outlets.
  19. Ann O'Nymous Member

Interesting.
  20. Anonymous Member

Lurk Moar!
  21. Re: SP Times give headaches so just don't read it!

[IMG]
  22. Anonymous Member

People using Scientology:
    [IMG]
  23. Optimisticate Member

This, although some outlets like Gawker could learn a bit by searching blogs as well.

I can understand people that have been in scientology longer than 10 years falling for this, but for people who know that more information is available with a few clicks? I just don't get why they want to keep the veil over their eyes.

edit: this article gives lots of signage material that could be used in C'water next month
  24. anon111265 Member

oh lawd, was this some NLP technique?, seemed to stand out when I read it.
  25. Obi-Wan-anon Member

No, but I have been feeling flu-like symptoms after reading the Tampa Bay Informer.
  26. the_cloak Member

Word is in, all 4 non scilons who actually get that paper gave the article a thumbs up and canceled their subscription to everything.
  27. Anonymous Member

28. Anonymous Member

29. RightOn Member

"cultivating a pessimism that at best doesn’t make life any more livable."

FIXED:
    The cult at best doesn't make life livable
  30. Re: SP Times give headaches so just don't read it!

Shortwave is much more interesting than television; I'm listening to North Korea on 11710 kHz. Fairly bizarre programming.
  31. Re: SP Times give headaches so just don't read it!

My fap material is so sorted.
  32. afternon Member

You're spoilt for choice!
  33. SomeRandGuy Member

A lot of 'journalism' is based on shock value and other cheap crap to boost ratings... it can be pretty disgusting.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA7-BvVDV10"]YouTube - Glenn Beck Loses His Mind On A Caller About Healthcare[/ame]
    Glenn Beck is pretty bad at spreading fear and chaos. Have you seen any of his doomsday scenarios? The last thing the public needs is to be scared shitless during a financial crisis. I wish shit like that was illegal... then people might take real stories (like the SP times articles) more seriously.
  34. Ogsonofgroo Member

Hm, another Beck who should GDIF.

Yuck. *shudder*

:/
  35. PagAnon Member

I was watching Keith Olberman last night and he ripped into Beck. I don't recall what he said exactly, but it was pretty funny. Not as funny as the time he said F U to Limbaugh. I'll have to link to that later as my comp is in the shop and I'm on my psp.