Customize

Sparrow files to uphold Judge's Order on E-meter - FDA

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by Mark Cabian, May 14, 2011.

1. Mark Cabian Member

http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=FDA-2011-P-0151-0001

http://www.regulations.gov/#!docketDetail;dct=FR PR N O SR;rpp=10;po=0;D=FDA-2011-P-0151

Free Stress Test - Limited Time Only!

A petition has been filed to uphold the judges' order on the e-meter use and labeling.

The above link is from here: http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/CentersOffices/CDRH/CDRHFOIAElectronicReadingRoom/ucm150022.htm

The filing itself is very straightforward, and it seems they are processing it now. Great timing, right?

Hey, Moxon - you might want to extend your stay in DC. We're not done with you yet.

EDIT: Court Order:

E-METER AND SCIENTOLOGY/DIANETICS
    LITERATURE:

LEGAL REQUIREMENTS (US)

ORDER OF United States District Court for the District of Columbia, No. D.C. 1-63. September 29, 1971, as amended by ORDER OF the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia,No. 71-2064, March 1, 1973.

ORDERED, ADJUDGED AND DECREED that such condemned E-meters and literature shall be deemed to comply with the law if and only if they are used, sold or distributed in accordance with the following specific conditions:

1.E-meters shall be used or sold or distributed only for use in bona fide religious counseling.

2.Each E-meter shall bear the following warning, printed in 11-point leaded type, permanently affixed to the front of the E-meter so that it is clearly visible when the E-meter is used, sold or distributed:

The E-meter is not medically or scientifically useful for the diagnosis,
    treatment or prevention of any disease. It is not medically or scientifically
    capable of improving the health or bodily functions of anyone.

3.Any and all items of written, printed, or graphic matter which directly or indirectly refers(sic) to the E-meter or to Dianetics and/or Scientology and/or auditing or processing shall not be further used or distributed unless and until the item shall bear the following prominent printed warning permanently affixed to said item on the outside front cover or on the title page in letters no smaller than 11-point leaded type:

Warning:
    The device known as a Hubbard Electrometer, or E-meter, used in auditing, a process of Scientology and Dianetics, is not medically or scientifically useful for the diagnosis, treatment or prevention of any disease. It is not medically or scientifically capable of improving the health or bodily functions of anyone.
    • Like Like x 28
  2. moarxenu Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mark Cabian Member

I don't think many people will be interested in a stress test with a clearly labeled quack device.

I'm also hoping for a recall and/or fines. :)
    • Like Like x 5
  4. LocalSP Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mark Cabian Member

6. Anonymous Member

Would it be helpful to have additional fresh pictures of mislabeled stress test e-meters and/or mislabeled Dianetics books or other Scientology literature? If so, how should such supporting evidence be documented and submitted?
  7. Interrobanger Member

/r/ title be changed to "Brian Mandigo submits CP to feds"

(CP = Citizen's Petition; feds = FDA)
  8. AnonLover Member

its a beautiful thang!

<3<3<3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Mark Cabian Member

The evidence submitted with the petition was clear and relevant. To me, the best part is that this is simply upholding an order that was ignored. Someone wiser than me please speak up, but in my limited experience, I have never seen a judge not uphold an order unless something was really wrong.

I hope to get the word on the judgement in the next week or two.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Anonymous Member

It couldn't hurt.
  11. Mark Cabian Member

Sparrow shot some video of Stress Test tables recently, and they clearly showed that they were not in compliance.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. TinyDancer Member

• Like Like x 3
  13. Anonymous Member

typ1.jpg .......
    typ2i.jpg
    typ3.jpg
    typ4.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Orson Member

Well played. Very well played indeed.

Sparrow's filing provides a template for others to use to file similar complaints, if you can also provide similar documentation relevant to the misuse and improper labeling in your area.

Anybody else have recent interaction with the stress test boondoggle with pics or vids?
  15. Anonymous Member

This would be national, not just in DC, right?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/5024758/Court-Order-FDA-Scientology-Dianetics-Hubbard-Emeter
  16. Anonymous Member

As far as I know, they don't make an e-meter with the proper label and warning booklet, and using it at a stress test table is not bona fide religious counseling.
  17. Ike Drifter Member

18. Orson Member

IANAL and welcome being corrected, but, Federal rulings are Federal, meaning it applies beyond DC.

Also, not suggesting anyone namefag themselves to do this. But, if you are already outed and willing or a vocal ex, this has lulz written all over it. Smacks the cult right at both the wallet and the recruitment. I find this shit lulzy. That's how gay you have made me Chanology.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. pooks Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. subgenius Member

• Like Like x 1
  21. Triumph Member

Damn ...fuck with the Bull...get the Horns

sparrow2.jpg

stick it to em Sparrow
    • Like Like x 10
  22. RightOn Member

yow!
    this will be interesting
  23. Wait, wut.............. but it's only Wog-Law...........

Wait til Scientology's very own Homo-Novis International Justice Chief hears about this attempted enforcement of lowly Wog Law.
    • Like Like x 2
  24. subgenius Member

fuck with the sparrow
    get bird shit on your head
    • Like Like x 2
  25. Anonymous Member

This isn't just enturbulation. This is advanced enturbulation. Well played Sparrow, well played indeed.
    • Like Like x 3
  26. RightOn Member

can we has other name fagged members do the same?
    or how does this work?
    I mean if other people filed, would it have the same positive effect like perhaps a class action lawsuit does? or no?
    meaning the more names the better?

and any media covering this?
  27. JohnnyRUClear Member

It seems so intuitive:

Operation C.A.N. the Cult
    • Like Like x 4
  28. xenubarb Member

• Like Like x 3
  29. Anonymous Member

I take this to mean you will be filing a complaint. Would that be a correct interpretation?
  30. over9000OT Member

Son I am not disappoint.
    • Like Like x 5
  31. Anonymous Member

What would be of great value is anyone who could write a letter to be added that stats in part or whole:

1 The dates you were in Scientology.

2 That while you were in you were never aware of the label.

3 That you suffered harm or loss as a result of the E Meter and explain how.

4 That if you had seen the label it would have given you pause to look further in to the E Meter.

With this the FDA can show a history of non compliance and new victims as a result of it.

Also these items are all being sold on ebay without the label being clearly visible.

http://shop.ebay.com/techlibrary/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25
    • Like Like x 4
  32. Triumph Member

• Like Like x 5
  33. Mark Cabian Member

I did report it, silly. Now may I have this very large graphic removed? It's worse than the typo. :(
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Anonymous Member

It looks like the upheld order will effect the US.
  35. Mark Cabian Member

I don't think any more namefagged are needed to file. I think the order is a National, Federal order. If enforced, this law will change how the meter is sold, used, and manufactured.

As far as media, one outlet was interested and is almost ready to start working on the story :/
    • Like Like x 3
  36. xenubarb Member

This was made to try and block the cult from having a booth at the county fair here. I don't know who to report it to here. County? State? Federal? With better direction, yes, I would file a complaint. The phone calls I've made to County Health Dept. have been fruitless. Halp!
    • Like Like x 2
  37. Mark Cabian Member

Barb, they have been processing this rather quickly. If the decision comes back the way we expect, and if before the County Fair, and they still set up an illegal e-meter? My hope is that people will be checking in their area for compliance to laws, and documenting any non-compliance and reporting it. My hope is that calling the evening news would be enough. Certainly compiling and submitting evidence to the court would be good, in the case that the cult decides to further ignore the order.
    • Like Like x 2
  38. Anonymous Member

Yes, it is "bona fide religious counseling".
  39. Mark Cabian Member

My take on it is that the Personality Test might be seen as an attempt at a public service rather than Auditing, which I believe is the spirit of the order. Not to be on the sidewalk drumming up business by having everyone flunk a so-called personality test. We'll see if that goes the way I hope.

They did let us know that the decision wasn't done yet because this is the cult, after all, and it would take just a little more time before they gave us the decision. Hopefully, they are thinking of all the ways the cult abuses this situation, and finds ways to keep it under control.
  40. tamsonsbairn Member

Can somebody tell me, do these rules regarding the e meter apply to the UK.