Customize

Special needs children have no rights

Discussion in 'Anonymous News' started by AnonBecca, May 24, 2014.

1. AnonBecca Member

Special need children have no rights what so ever.
    In many cases special needs children with function disorders such as ADHD etc has been forced to go to a special school when they want to go to a normal school. It happends often and everyone listens to the parents but not the kids. It has been prooven that children that has been educated through special schools have a 69% higher risk of being without a job for the rest of their lifes while normal people that goes to normal schools have a 31% chance of being without job for the rest of their lifes.

We need to take action!
    AnonBecca
    This message by AnonBecca has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
  2. anon8109 Member

Children have few rights for good reason. Their brains are not fully developed and they depend on adults to take care of them.

As for the statistic, where are the dox? Even if true it's not surprising. Some special needs kids grow up to be special needs adults who have trouble getting a job.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. The Internet Member

I am skeptical of your precise stats, 69% and 31%. Imma need to see some error bars.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. RavenEyes Member

The OP is a troll or seriously misinformed.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

I ran a search engine on "AnonBecca" and found a spammer/troll.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. nightfire Member

Well I have no idea about other countries but in the USA there are very specific law protecting disabled kids and "Special Needs" kids. there is 504 (which relates to disability) which admittedly doesn't do that much. And, there is the IDEA act (which relates to kids who are in need of specialized education for a number of reasons) and has all kinds of teeth in it to protect the kids (if the parents push and force the school to follow it) One of the provisions is "least restrictive environment" which forces schools to have most "Special needs" kids in a mainstream classroom.

Sounds like OP is likely a spammer/troll but if not OP needs to go do some research because this already has a fix, and OP has no DOX.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Most ADHD kids are in normal classrooms. Most autistic kids, excepting the most affected are in normal classes. I bet these days there's even a good number of down's kids in normal classes as high-functioning down's kids are encouraged in taking education and jobs anymore. As a parent of a 'special needs' child, I worked hard to get my kid the best I could manage. He is doing well as an adult and has what he needs to succeed. He also worked very diligently in school and took it seriously.

If one got sent to a special school for being a disruptive asshole and are finding one's options limited, perhaps one should have made an effort to STFU and pay attention in class.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Rickglass Member

And now we come full circle....and I'm real curious as to whether or not this is some CCHR shill
  9. tinfoilhatter Member

Op is stupid. I am not going to call op retarded, because special people are smart enough to look facts up on the internet now. Unless they are using study tech. Laws are done by STATE. some states are more progressive then others, so some states offer more protection then others do. If a school system is not doing its job, then the fastest way to fix the problem, is with laws in the STATE. In fact, you may be able to get local laws, taxes and programs done faster then that, if you live in a large enough municipality.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bernard...lities-experiencing-record-unemployment-rate/

According to forbes magazine, op is a faggot and a dumbass.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Andy Downs Member

From first hand experience I take issue with "Everyone listens to the parents...."
    This is a multi-layered issue with many sub parts

I had to fight like a dog to get the services my son needed (Autism Spectrum) for over 15 years now.
    I even got ZERO TOLERANCED by my son principle at one meeting. The principle kept talking over me and I raised my voice to make my point when she would not stop.
    She didn't want to deal with him anyway so it was easy for her to kick me out of the school, not being allowed to even go in the building for 3 months.

I think another issue is many of these kids can't express themselves in conventional ways, which makes their voice that much more difficult.

This is not a cookie cutter op with one size fits all....it is too complex to try and place in some nice neat box
    • Like Like x 4
  11. System Member

uhhhh OP you're stupid i worked with special needs kids they have the same rights as anyone else
    • Like Like x 1
  12. System Member

i found her twitter and her general state area from her twitter which she linked to Failbook which she used her twitter account name as her name here (just by using google too :D).......fucking idiot.....total fucking idiot
  13. Anonymous Member

FTFY and ...

... prolly has special needs and can't tell lefts from rights.

Come on back here, OP, we're running out of trolls moonbats to chew on.

However...

OP is a faggot-edit.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  14. fishypants Moderator

Varies by country. Untrue here in the UK.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. System Member

and that's one of the reasons I respect the UK
  16. anonysamvines Member

Statistics Learn to understand them.

Of course statistics are going to show special needs students at special needs schools are going to have a greater chance of unemployment
    Have you looked at the make up of the WHOLE of the special needs students and whether they could actually handle a job?
    Let alone the discrimination that many employers have against Down's syndrome, wheelchair bound, deaf, deaf and dumb, and the even more severe "disabilities" that this group encompasses!

As for the ADHD kids - if they can't handle school they are not gonna generally be able to cope with being part of the workforce either!
    They do however have the option to be self employed. Something that does NOT rely on which school one did or did not attend.

OP is a faggot who needs to pull up his big boy panties
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Good work. Good comment

Some go the advocate route when shit like that happens.

[IMG]

Never give up.
  18. Andy Downs Member

"Never give up" is a family tradition
  19. AnonAspie Member

As an Autistic, as well as parent of an Autistic child, I can speak from experience that the op is grossly misinformed, at the very least, and a raging troll to put it bluntly.
    Being a person with special needs simply means one is a bit different from the "norm". It does not automatically segregate one as being less than other people. Every single person functions in the world the way they know best how. And as for the idiotic remark regarding employment of special needs people, I can only point out the vast array of Neuro typical people who have just as hard, if not harder times finding a job themselves, despite being "normal". True, some special needs people are not able to be gainfully employed; but it's never due to lack of wanting to make it on their own.
    It really gets to me when people spout the kind of ignorance the op has. Us with special needs have enough struggle in life without "know nothing Nancy's" making it worse.
    • Like Like x 5
  20. RavenEyes Member

Welcome, AnonAspie, to WWP. You will find many here on varying degrees of the spectrum, as well as other interesting neuro situations. In addition, there are many here who work with people who communicate, think, and interact in their worlds in unique ways. You'll fit in well here. :) And if people give you problems, there are plenty who will help you - just ask.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. AnonAspie Member

Thanks, RavenEyes. I'm pretty used to being told I'm weird and whatnot. Many people just don't get my eccentric personality. That's ok though; I've learned that I don't have enough middle fingers, either.
    I'm not very good at social interactions in person, but I'm usually alright online. I'll just shut the old engine off if I start feeling stabby. Ha!
    I can deal with other Autistics pretty well, too; since my husband is on the spectrum, with Sensory Processing Disorder. As well, our 9 year old son is an aspie, like me. But I'm still amazed that each person on the spectrum is affected differently!
    Anyway, I posted a question regarding Project V videos I saw a while back, in the "Still Have Questions" thread. If you get a chance, some feedback on my idea would be great.

Thanks again for the welcome, and I'm sorry for rambling again.
  22. Berserker101a Member

Actually, anyone under the age of 18 are in the category of few rights, but special needs especially.
  23. Sonichu Moderator

And way to thread necro.

In case you don't get the lingo, seeing as you are new and all, the last time this thread was being replied too was june 11, or roughly 5 months ago. Nobody cares about this thread topic anymore.

If you have any further questions about the site in general, feel free to ask questions in our "Still got Questions" thread. or jsut check out the New Members area.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. RavenEyes Member

Way to welcome a new member. :/
  25. Sonichu Moderator

Sometimes they slip through, and we find them doing silly things out on the forum. The best we can do is explain their faux pas and tell them where to look for answers.
  26. RavenEyes Member

I know, but he has a gun in his avi so he's skeery. Be careful. ;)
    • Like Like x 1