Customize

Startled a Scilon Today

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonifus, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Anonifus Member

Startled a Scilon Today

I was in the CBD of Perth today, and saw the scilons out in force peddling their Dianetics. Unfortunately I was there on business, not pleasure so I hadn't thought to bring any handy fliers or a mask, but it was too much of a delicious opportunity to pass up, three of them, trying to lure people in from the streets.

I decided to simply remind them that Anonymous was out there, and they were watching.

I waited for a pack of people to press by and with that I moved in for the kill, waiting for the opportune moment to make a move (they were talking to an elderly asian man at the time), I said in a very loud and clear voice 'WE ARE LEGION, EXPECT US".

They simultaneously shat their pants and whirled around, (having heard the footsteps I think they thought they'd see a hoard of anon's rubbing their knuckles or something) instead they had about ten or fifteen people to try and pick out and match a voice to a face.

I strode on by, and after i'd gone past, smirked like a motherfucker to think we had them that frightened.

Bring on the 15th.
  2. Anon? Member

Re: Startled a Scilon Today

I'm really not sure how to react to this. On the one hand, that's hilarious, especially since they'll have to write up knowledge reports on that, and it'll probably head a fair way up the food chain.

On the other hand...that's kinda a weird thing to do.

Funny though :mrgreen:
  3. mortified Member

gold.

you took a risk, but from what it sounds like, you played it quite nicely. good to see we've penetrated down to their foot soldiers....but then, for an organization with less than a million members worldwide, itd be damned hard to ignore the 10th.

it's going to be even harder to ignore 3/15.
  4. saerat Member

Yeah I am going to the Manchester in a few weeks =F plan to walk by with an anon mask ¬______¬ lol
  5. MollyBloom Member

I don't know about it being weird, it's the exact same kind of thing I would do...

Oh, yea, well on second thought I am kind of weird. :mrgreen:
  6. Anonproto Member

Good work IMO
  7. Yezariael Member

hmmm...I really don't know what say...hmm now I do: AWESOME!!!!
  8. Anon? Member

Actually, yeah, the more i think about it, not only is this goddamn hilarious, it's also exactly the kind of thing we should have going on all the time. A sort of little "poke" from us, every few days, letting them know we exist.

Yeah. Good fucking job Anonifus. I wish I could have seen it.
  9. Steve SP Member

Nice Job!
  10. Anno Nymous Member

One thousand internets for you.
  11. Spot Member

That is fucking hysterical.
  12. Anonymite Member

You know, we actually need to consider the strategic ramifications of this event.

first off, we know now that scientology is aware of, and VERY SCARED, of us. This event confirms it. It'd be nice to get pics, but i understand the lack thereof.

secondly, we know that this fear has reached their footsoldiers, the auditors... now, are the auditors knee-deep and in OT 3 at this point? Because if they aren't, then they're the people that we're trying to save. Whatever they've been told about us, its making them frightened of us, and frightened people don't exactly like coming outside to interact with the people they've been told are terrorists who want to eat their thetans.

Finally, it gives me some hope for the ides of march. They're scared enough to hide from us when we come out in force. Maybe my fears of scilon mass bullbaiting are going to prove false.
  13. Re: Startled a Scilon Today

That we exist, that we could be anyone on the street, any face in a crowd and now, any voice from beyond :mrgreen: The pressure is on, the have been told to MAKE MONEY (how else are they going to be able to fund the lawsuits?)...must get new blood=money.
  14. AnonymousYKF Member

Bonus internets for anyone who manages to tape a Guy Fawkes mask flier to a pole facing an org, with the words "EXPECT US" on it. You lose an internet if you get caught though :(
  15. orly Member

That is awesome, and hilarious. No one in the crowd you were camouflaged in ended up staring at you (and giving away your face inadvertantly)?

But also, I don't like how scared the everyday Scilons are of us. We don't WANT them to be afraid, we want them to come to us for help. We're not the bad guys here. :(
  16. anon_david Member

Dude, that's so fucking awesome. I would have shat my pants in a major way if I was one of those scientologists.

That said, if anybody else decides to copy this technique: getting caught/namefagged is an automatic EPIC FAIL that will get you mocked by other Anons. Just a friendly reminder. :wink:
  17. anon78941 Member

Idea!

Get two people. The first just walks up to one of these things wearing the Guy Fawkes mask and stares at the Scilons.

Just. Stares.

The second records the reactions from a bit back.

Once the first person has worn out his welcome he should hand out a piece of information (I like a youfoundthecard card that says "Wishing you well, see you on the 15th") and just move on. Let them chew on that for a while.

:guyfawkes:
  18. SenatorXenu Member

We should do stuff like this all the time to keep them on their toes, glad to see their already paranoid
  19. Anonifus Member

I thought all the Dianetics was now being run by senior OSA? I could be wrong, so don't quote me. Oh, and on the way back I saw a bunch of schoolkids sitting on the step of the actual "church". I think we should try to help them first- kid's are impressionable and what's worse susceptible to peer pressure.

Oh, and I just had out my phone and made like I was texting, and therefore zoned out.

Since I got such a good reaction, the next time i'm in the CBD i'm taking my V mask and i'm going to give them a jaunty wave whilst walking past casually humming rickroll.
  20. AnonEFG12365 Member

And they thought we wouldn't disrupt their daily activities. lol
  21. Daywatch Member

you know one of those self reminder recorders like: https://www.officialtvwebsite.com/mlr/i ... OTW1gend_r
    placed in one's pocket and a message or EXPECT US set at full volume ( or something similar ) can also be loads of fun you don't even run the risk of them seeing you say it!

several people doing the same thing adds loads of fun!
  22. AnonEFG12365 Member

Talk about a mind fuck. that's very "V" of you. Letting your presence be known in a very suave and witty way.
  23. Anonawhat Member

What the shit Enturbulation. I was writing up a post and it logged me out.

Anyways, Tobor and I saw the Scilons giving out free stress tests this weekend and decided to fuck with them some. We were lacking fliers and masks so we couldn't do too much. I almost gave us away when he said his name was David.

Interestingly enough, she started pandering the Dianetics book afterwards and I mentioned "Oh, wasn't he a Sci-fi writer?" (Yeah, I'm a smooth operator) and she hesitated for a good 20 seconds before saying "Oh, he wrote Sci-fi to fund his research into the human mind".

I think what irritated me the most was them using their kids to push books on people. They were less than 5, made me so mad.
  24. waianon Member

Too late! :p

I don't think it was senior OSA necessarily, but I definitely remember people saying it was OT members (probably at least OTIII or higher so they can "handle" Anonymous that come to ask about Xenu).

Casual, yet devious. I like it! :twisted:
  25. Re: Startled a Scilon Today

Good show!
    [IMG]
  26. Burnt2 Member

Thats the best thing i've read all day. thank you, sir.
  27. badwolf Member

Im having old lady lulz.
  28. anon78941 Member

Briliant!
  29. Anonyneko Member

Twenty internets if someone creates DVDs compiled with information about the truth of scientology, and then, in GF masks, hands it out in DVD cases with this cover on it:

sometimestheycomebackem7.png
  30. Re: Startled a Scilon Today

lolque.jpg
  31. AnneOminous Member

I lol\\\'d
    If we\'re in an area that doesn\'t allow masks, do we still lose points for being facefagged? I have a flier I may just post today...
  32. anon13 Member

Since when has anything about this movement been normal?
  33. Green Member

I've been hearing a few stories like this one and they're all gold. Makes you wonder what they're telling their little flier people about Anon to have them so scared.
  34. XenuLovesU Member

*chortle*

Love it! I've been such a moralfag on here 'cause, well it seems worth it to be totally above-board in this fight and kick their asses without having to resort to any shenanigans.

That said, we need some more stuff like this for entertainment. It's pretty harmless and keeps 'em guessing... and us laughing.

I was thinking about making a cardboard stencil of the V mask, and then sneaking over at night to the bit of sidewalk where the local Scilons put their table out... and spray painting the image on the ground for them to find the next day.

Yeah... yeah... yeah... moral compass telling me: nooooooooo. Bad.

Gotta get that thing calibrated. Seems to be a little tooooo sensitive. :p
  35. AnonymousNow Member

Yea, it is a bit surreal. But that makes it even better.
  36. puppy Member

someone needs to make a cellphone ring tone of "We are legion..." so you can play it from your pocket. useing it as a ringtone might not be the best idea but you would run less risk than talking.
  37. Daywatch Member

38. AnonymousYKF Member

If only it were legal to tape an fm transmitter tuned to a station scilons listen to (if at all) to an org that would loop some of our messages :D

FCC violations are probably not a good PR move though.
  39. Anonifus Member

Soundbite from one of those angry Chaos Marines on Dawn of War?
  40. a non-anon Member

Just remember: if you're going to stroll past casually in a mask, for the love of Xenu make sure you don't get fair gamed.