Customize

State of California Sues Movie Producers Over Alleged Ponzi Scheme

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by Anonymous, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

Wouldn't harm to cover both bases would it?
  2. Gottabrain Member

^^ Yeh, but two different types of reports. One with specifics on the known individuals to the IRS, the other with the basic modus operandi of a number of scientology companies and individuals using Ponzi style techniques, a certain way of bookkeeping to hide it, and also paid referrals in industries prohibiting the practice.

I'll do both.
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

I'm quietly confident the FBI may have some followup questions to ask. So their may be an opportunity at that point to cross reference the IRS report as an exemplar of a live in the wild ponzi/pyramid scheme.
  4. Gottabrain Member

Okay. It's not one Ponzi scheme, it's a Ponzi scheme that is being taught to the Oh Teez, right down to the seminars to get investors, the websites and advertising, the outrageous claims and the weird-arse shell companies, partnerships and bookkeeping. So heaps and heaps of Scns are running Ponzi schemes as their businesses. Not to mention the disgusting paybacks on med referrals! Very few of these people are even licensed as investors. They shouldn't know this stuff, they shouldn't be dealing with this stuff. The company setups, too, with all the shell partnerships and companies where they pay themselves the same money back and forth - this is not something these people would normally know about. Who are the crooked accountants and attorneys setting this all up over and over again? Who is teaching them to do this? Certainly Scientology. IAS reges, or perhaps - a thought - COS itself may now be set up with multiple real estate Ponzis with the bigtime IAS members.

Recently out Scns say that it isn't even about what L Ron says anymore, it's all about the IAS and David Miscaviage. So if they're all doing it, they are mirroring their heroes. We know who their heroes are, right?

I have to be very careful writing this, it has to be professional, well documented and very, very clear, but just on the top of my head I can think of dozens of these Scn Ponzi schemes going on right now. Makes my head swim, I wish I had formal education in Financial Advice/Investing, but I'll manage.
    • Like Like x 8
  5. RightOn Member

Glad to see that you are reporting it. :)
    Even if it's old news, it can help. I can't see them not being intereseted.
    and like someone said, it can help today to see what they are up to.
    Besides, you said that they wouldn't have changed their practices, so it should be reported!
    the outline is a great idea.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. Anonymous Member

I think, bearing in mind keeping the reports professional and direct that refering to the COS as The church of ponzitology may be out of the question. Shame really, Its kind of lulzy and honest, a school for scammers.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gottabrain Member

The Ponzis are unraveling and the State of Calif is hot on the trail. This is getting so exciting! See who's teaching it and the illegal bookkeeping/investing? For starters -

There is a Cease and Desist Order by the State of California on Wiseman and Burke.

http://markrathbun.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/wisemanb_dr.pdf
    http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/

And on another thread, (Gillham lawsuit), we find that scns are now allowed to sue other scns - the Gillham lawsuit is the first of its kind in scn history.

Anons, can you please be kind enough to upload the actual article and the background MR gives so we don't have to click on Marty's blog?
    • Like Like x 2
  8. GottaB, this C&D is from 2011. Not new.
  9. Gottabrain Member

^^^ Thanks COC. [IMG]

Bloody Marty, he would post outdated things. Well, at least it's still in force.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. DeathHamster Member

Bruce Wiseman having connections to Panamanian investment is interesting.

There's some WISE connections in Panama that I wonder if he was talking to:
    https://whyweprotest.net/wiki/WISE_sites
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. JohnnyRUClear Member

Mental image: do want
    Cocktail: do not want
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I can tell you from being one who has watched this horrible thing happen:
    Michelle Seward has tried to leave the church since 09.
    She "came out" to this HORRIBLE discusting cult and has been haunted ever since!
    She trusted this horrible man Dror and he stole money from her and her clients and her family and she's
    Caught up in the middle.
    Sometimes you have to look deeper than the script. She's scared to do anything
    Because when she "came out" her money and clients were gone.
    Some Scientologists have been in her server and copying her files.
    Hmmmm? I assure you, very soon a big story will be out! She's a very good person and paying everydime
    She has to help her clients. The clients are behind her.
    Btw, I'm nt protecting Kirstie. But she had nothing to do with it.
  13. Statement by Michelle Seward concerning $8.75 million Recovery Settlement Trust implicates Scientology and Scientology front group Youth for Human Rights.

http://www.michelleseward.org/
    EDITED TO ADD:

Michelle Seward Contact Page and Form
    http://www.michelleseward.org/contact.html

E-mail: finallyawake18@gmail.com
    • Like Like x 7
  14. wolfbane Member

• Like Like x 4
  15. Random guy Member

From michelleseward.org:
    Oooooo, apart from having a nice MILF thing going, it looks like an ex-clam with a conscience. Ortega is working on a story, this could be really, really interesting!
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Quentinanon Member

"Seward's mother informed her that the Office of Special Affairs at the Church of Scientology had launched an internal investigation on Seward and her Life insurance business."

And only as a ploy to harass her in accordance with Fair Game. OSA says that as if they have law enforcement authority.
    • Like Like x 5
  17. Sekee Member

Probably, and making sure Soref paid them their cut of the cash.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. More:

Soref BK Info
    http://www.michelleseward.org/soref-bk-info.html

• Like Like x 2
  19. Random guy Member

ESMB has a thread on the story. There's some back and forth about whether Seward is a crook or not. I'm looking forward to Ortega chewing it over.
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Quentinanon Member

Scientology can definitely give their recruits a strong sense of entitlement/grandiosity, resulting in scilons often being notorious scammers.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...cam-of-Elderly&p=916502&viewfull=1#post916502
  22. Ogsonofgroo Member

Yup, considering Hubbardology (tm.) is a handbook for delusion, lying (think TR's ect.), and pillaging, hm, I always thought that their (admittedly cringe-worthy) anthem 'We Stand Tall' should have been titled 'We Eat Our Own'...
    I have lost track of how many stories I've read from ex's getting ripped by their fellow 'brethren', whether loaning money to a 'friend', investing in some scheme, what-have-you, it rarely ends well.
    Scammy cult of scammy LRon, no stoop too low.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    • Like Like x 3
  23. Quentinanon Member

Scientology is an international affinity scam.
  24. tinfoilhatter Member

Has anyone ever done the statistics around Scientology fraud? Like how many Scientology business ventures turn into fraud? A nice hard number would not only be a huge punch in the dick for the "church", but it would actually give law enforcement a valid reason to profile.

Plus, the icing on the cake, is that business men and investors LOVE statistics. So if we have a nasty number like 76%(eat that dick and choke on it narconon) of Scientology business schemes are fraud, and have proof that the number is accurate, people would run from them, and take their money with them.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. tinfoilhatter Member

fuck it, since shaw complains about nothing productive happening, i am going to start a thread in the think tank to see how feasible this is.
    • Like Like x 2
  26. Scientologist Film Director Dror Soref Arrested For Running Alleged Ponzi Scheme.

From ESMB: Dror Soref - another Scn arrest

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?40602-Dror-Soref-another-Scn-arrest

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Longtime Scn. His son is bookstore officer st CCI.

Film director Dror Soref was arrested in Santa Clarita Friday for allegedly running a multimillion dollar ponzi scheme.

http://www.hometownstation.com/santa...-scheme-160338

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

************************************************************************************************************************

Hometown Station: Film Director Dror Soref Arrested For Running Alleged Ponzi Scheme

http://www.hometownstation.com/sant...ested-for-running-alleged-ponzi-scheme-160338

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Posted by: Enzo Marino in Santa Clarita Latest News, Santa Clarita News September 16, 2015 - 4:36 pm 3 Comments 2,147 Views

Film director Dror Soref was arrested in Santa Clarita Friday for allegedly running a multimillion dollar ponzi scheme.

Soref, 65, of Santa Clarita, is suspected of violating section 25110 of the state of California Corporations Code and was arrested by officials with the California Department of Insurance, according to a news release.

The California Department of Insurance alleges that Soref worked with former state registered insurance agent Michelle Kenan Seward, 42, of Flintridge, offering to sale securities that did not meet Corporations Code requirements.

The alleged ponzi scheme, is said to have tricked investors in Kern and Los Angeles County out of $21 million dollars, according to the news release.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Dror Soref - Scientology Service Completions

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/d/dror-soref.html

Dror Soref in Scientology's Published Service Completion Lists

The following 39 individual completions for Dror Soref appear in official Scientology publications:
    Dror Soref HQS Celebrity 26 1977-10-01
    Dror Soref ARC STRAIGHTWIRE Celebrity 1982-01-01
    Dror Soref ARC STRAIGHTWIRE Celebrity 1982-05-01
    Dror Soref MARRIAGE COURSE Celebrity 200 1986-08-01
    Dror Soref PILOT COURSE Celebrity 202 1986-11-01
    Dror Soref CINE COURSE Celebrity 204 1987-01-01
    Dror Soref ADMIN TRS COURSE Celebrity 218 1988-05-01
    Dror Soref E-METER COURSE Celebrity 226 1989-04-01
    Dror Soref SUNSHINE RUNDOWN Source 67 1989-08-01
    Dror Soref L 11 RUNDOWN EXPANDED Source 67 1989-08-01
    Dror Soref PTS/SP Course Celebrity 258 1992-09-01
    Dror Soref MARRIAGE COURSES Celebrity 258 1992-09-01
    Dror Soref PROSPERITY RUNDOWN Source 83 1992-10-01
    Dror Soref SUCCESS THROUGH COMMUNICATION COURSE Celebrity 264 1993-05-01
    Dror Soref DANGER RUNDOWN Celebrity 270 1993-11-01
    Dror Soref LIFE ORIENTATION COURSE Celebrity 276 1994-05-01
    Dror Soref GRADE 0 Celebrity 306 1997-09-01
    Dror Soref GRADE 1 Celebrity 306 1997-09-01
    Dror Soref GRADE 2 Celebrity 306 1997-09-01
    Dror Soref GRADE 3 Celebrity 306 1997-09-01
    Dror Soref FALSE PURPOSE RUNDOWN Celebrity 306 1997-09-01
    Dror Soref GRADE 4 Celebrity 309 1998-02-01
    Dror Soref ROUTE TO INFINITY COURSE Freewinds 31 1999-02-01
    Dror Soref STUDY CERTAINTY COURSE Celebrity 325 2000-05-01
    Dror Soref RESPONSIBILITY AND THE STATE OF OT Freewinds 46 2002-06-01
    Dror Soref ROUTE TO INFINITY COURSE Freewinds 46 2002-06-01
    Dror Soref MARRIAGE COURSES Celebrity 355 2004-02-01
    Dror Soref SOLO COURSE PART I Source 154 2004-04-01
    Dror Soref SUCCESS THROUGH COMMUNICATION COURSE Celebrity 357 2004-04-01
    Dror Soref SOLO COURSE PART I Advance 172 2004-04-01
    Dror Soref OT ELIGIBILITY AOLA NEWS 002 2009-06-01
    Dror Soref SOLO AUDITOR COURSE PART TWO Advance 202 2009-08-01
    Dror Soref SOLO AUDITOR COURSE PART TWO Advance 203 2009-12-01
    Dror Soref SUNSHINE RUNDOWN Advance 205 2010-05-01
    Dror Soref CLEARING COURSE Advance 205 2010-05-01

Note: The dates listed above are the approximate publication dates of the magazines, which may be weeks or months later than the actual date the service was completed.

Dror Soref in Scientology's Publications

No entries were found in my main Scientology Statistics database for this person.

Dror Soref and the Clear List

Appearances by Dror Soref in my Scientology Statistics Project Clear List database:
    Dror Soref 27653 Auditor 178

Dror Soref and Scientologist Online Sites

My database does not list a Scientologist Online cookie-cutter web site for this person.

Dror Soref and WISE Directories

WISE, the World Institute of Scientology Enterprises, publishes directories listing their members.
    My database does not list this person in the most recent WISE directories.

The information on this page comes from my Scientology Statistics database. While I attempt to be as accurate as possible, errors or inaccuracies may be introduced by the source material, the transcription process, or database bugs. If you discover an error or problem, please let me know by writing to kristi@truthaboutscientology.com.
    • Like Like x 4
  27. Anonymous Member

His partner in crime also has a record with the cult:

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/m/michelle-seward.html

Michelle Seward in Scientology's Published Service Completion Lists

The following 3 individual completions for Michelle Seward appear in official Scientology publications:

Michelle Seward CLEAR Celebrity 337 2002-02-01

Michelle Seward SUNSHINE RUNDOWN Celebrity 337 2002-02-01

Michelle Seward L 11 NEW LIFE RUNDOWN Source 147 2003-06-01

Note: The dates listed above are the approximate publication dates of the magazines, which may be weeks or months later than the actual date the service was completed.

Michelle Seward in Scientology's Publications

The following 2 mentions of Michelle Seward appear in official Scientology publications:
    Michelle Seward Founding Patrons Impact 109 2004-09-01

Michelle Seward All Clears in the United States From Clear to Eternity Newsletter 2006 2006-11-01

Michelle Seward and the Clear List

No entries were found in my Scientology Statistics Project Clear List database for this person.

My database does not list a Scientologist Online cookie-cutter web site for this person.

Michelle Seward and WISE Directories

WISE, the World Institute of Scientology Enterprises, publishes directories listing their members.
    My database does not list this person in the most recent WISE directories.
    • Like Like x 2
  28. https://www.lacourt.org/criminalcalendar/ui/CalendarList.aspx

CRIMINAL CALENDAR SEARCH RESULT

Defendant Name: DROR SOREF (Exact Search)

Jud Dist Case NO Def ID Name Arrest Date Location Dept Hearing Date Hearing Time Type of Hearing

LAC BA439544 02 SOREF, DROR Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center 030 10/22/2015

09:00 AM BAIL REVIEW
    • Like Like x 1
  29. This is the press release from the California Department of Insurance.

http://www.insurance.ca.gov/0400-news/0100-press-releases/2015/release087-15.cfm

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Two arrested in alleged $21 million movie investment scheme

News: 2015 Press Release

For Release: September 16, 2015

Media Calls Only: 916-492-3566

Two arrested in alleged $21 million movie investment scheme

More than 100 victims bilked in elaborate Ponzi scheme

LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Michelle Kenen Seward, 42, of Flintridge, surrendered to authorities on September 10, and Dror Soref, 75, of Los Angeles was arrested on September 11 and charged with operating a Ponzi scheme allegedly bilking investors from Los Angeles and Kern Counties out of $21 million dollars in an elaborate movie investment scheme.

Department of Insurance Investigation Division Valencia officeconducted the investigation with the Department of Business Oversight and uncovering evidence that Seward, a former licensed insurance agent and CEO of Protégé Financial and Insurance Services, Incorporated and Saxe-Coburg Insurance Solutions, LLC, allegedly convinced her clients to invest their life savings in a film directed by Soref titled Not Forgotten, which was an unsecured investment.

In some cases, Seward talked clients into surrendering annuities early and paying large penalties by promising returns of between 10 and 18 percent. Investors that surrendered annuities paid more than $600,000 in penalties and fees for early withdrawal.

After the film's completion, the two formed a new entity titled Windsor Pictures, LLC, which investors were promised would produce several films. Investors were given promissory notes and told they would again earn between 10 and 18 percent on their investment.

Investigators found evidence that investors' money used to form Windsor Pictures was used to pay investors in the production of Not Forgotten. Additionally, Seward and Soref were not licensed to sell securities or provide investment advice.

The case is being prosecuted by the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office.

Media Notes:

This case was filed in Los Angeles County under the Life & Annuity Consumer Protection Program (LACPP), which was established through Assembly Bill 2316 (Chan).The LACPP established a fund to be used exclusively for protecting consumer of life insurance and annuity products by the California Department of Insurance and local district attorneys.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *
    • Like Like x 1
  30. BigBeard Member

Why am I not surprised? "Most ethical people on the planet." Bunch of crooks and grifters.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 4
  31. sallysock Member

It happens: /
    Appreciate the posts and crossposts all the same.
    Much.
    • Like Like x 3
  32. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 1
  33. Me too, but we're never going to clear the planet, banging up crooked scilons two at a time, are we?:p

It's a school for scammers, and we need a little bit of RICO on the side.
    • Like Like x 3
  34. Quentinanon Member

"Never fear to hurt another in a just cause." - L. Ron Hubbard

"Dror Soref FALSE PURPOSE RUNDOWN Celebrity 306 1997-09-01"

Looks like that false purpose rundown really fixed him up good.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. RightOn Member

The entirety of Scientology is a false purpose.
  36. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  37. Anonymous Member

38. The Wrong Guy Member

In court today: Flop filmmakers who met in Scientology face 75 years for Ponzi scheme

By Tony Ortega, November 15, 2016

Quote:

In Los Angeles Superior Court today, a preliminary hearing is scheduled in the criminal prosecution of two defendants with ties to Scientology who face 75 years in prison each for a bizarre illegal scheme to fund a failed 2009 Simon Baker film, Not Forgotten.

Director Dror Soref and his insurer, Michelle Seward, face 72 criminal counts for running a Ponzi scheme by convincing investors to put up money for the movie that raised about $21.5 million, some of which was used to pay earlier investors.

<snipped>

We learned recently that a Pulitzer Prize-winning author is scheduled to come out with a book on Seward this spring. We have a feeling the ending on that book won’t be finished, however, until Seward’s fate in court is revealed. And with a preliminary hearing happening today, that may still be quite a ways off.

http://tonyortega.org/2016/11/15/in...n-scientology-face-75-years-for-ponzi-scheme/
    • Like Like x 2