Customize

Statistics for the West US

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by Anonymous, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Mutante Member

Re: Internal Statistics for the West US

Local Reporters? Does anyone know what these people actually do? Doesn't Scientology have computer systems for orders, payments, shipments etc.?

Why aren't stats derived automatically from those source figures at least once every working day?
  2. wannabeananon Member

Sci does have computer systems, but they are the most messed thing you can ever believe.

The way the local reporters work is that everyone on the OT Committee has to submit a weekly report form to the local reporter. It lists all of their production in each of the categories, including the amount of time they put in. From personal experience, the time that someone lists is usually exaggerated. (main reason for this is anyone on OTVII or trying to get on the OT levels has to show volume of production. In fact anyone currently on OT VII has to report weekly to their director of processing at Flag how much volunteer work, time and production they do. If they don't do enough, they have more ethics handlings when they go back every 6 months for their eligibility check.

Once the local reporter gets the data, he then compiles it and submits it to the next level of management of the OT Ambassadors/committee and they then compile it into this type of document.

I would imagine it should be correlated against the actual stats, but I'd imagine it isn't, as it would probably show so many discrepancies that it would be incomprehensible.
  3. Anonymous Member

Speaking of reporters, do you think we should forward this to Gawker, the LA Times, Nathan Baca, and The Village Voice? Bang a bit of an overview together, and forward it along with contact details for a couple of exes who're able (and happy) to speak authoritatively about it.
    Off to bed, but just a thought.
  4. Re: Internal Statistics for the West US

Let me put this way: These people still use TeleText machines as a primary form of org-to-org and base-to-org communication...
  5. Re: Internal Statistics for the West US

Wikileaks first, then the media.
  6. Anonymous Member

It's probably out-tech. If teletype was good enough for LRH then it is good enough for Davey.
  7. DeathHamster Member

Or not seen at all...

/cue creepy theremin music.
  8. Re: Internal Statistics for the West US

Dun dun dunnnn
  9. Mutante Member

This is good commentary, thanks.

So assume the figures are inflated by a typical maximum of 40% and then adjust for the most commonly significant factors.

1. System chaos high; chance of discovery/robust challenge therefore low
    2. Fear of challenge/discovery and consequences, probably therefore moderate
    3. Fear of consequences related to poor stats, probably high

Fear of discovery usually cuts that 40% error right down to 10% but if Scientology systems are so poor then I would guess that you could add 10% back on and therefore take a total of 20% off the bottom line absolute data points for a far truer picture.

Like, I would then be 30% confident of the figures rather than <5% confident.

tl;dr don't ignore people lying to make the figures look good, they will inflate figures by around 20% because although they're shit scared of being called out there is fuck all solid data to make a strong challenge.
  10. adhocrat Member

If you are adding 1, 2, 3 AND 3a, then subtract 3a. It is already included in 3. They separate it out for their own purposes.
    Use Subtotal Stats 1,2, 3
  11. Daisy Member

Great leak! Statistics are so important to scilons (staff members live and breath stats) and these stats are lousy. Would not be surpised if they are not even this good. This makes me so happy!!!

Recognize quite a few names.
  12. Sponge Member

Some lulzy and factual statcrash graphs would look good on protest signs, particularly for those orgs in in the leak.
  13. Arsolycus Member

These are pretty much typical Scientology statistics though just so you guys know. Scientology always has periods of up trends and down trends however, it is a bit interesting to see just how many down trends they had in only a single years time.
  14. DeathHamster Member

Of course he did. It's inherent in the scam that there be at least one more level to go, no matter how many you do.
    • Continuous money flow.
    • If someone is unhappy, you can string them along some more by telling them that the next level will cure their problems. ("You've cleared your reactive mind, blown off your BTs, woken up the sleeping ones, popped those ridges, detoxed the drugged ones, well, the next level will blow the BTs that moved years ago but never changed their address!")
  15. Anonymous Member

Telex, not Teletext.
  16. Ann O'Nymous Member

Scientology, on the cutting edge of Telex technology.
  17. DeathHamster Member

18. whosit Member

#include io.h
  19. Arsolycus Member

None of this has anything to do with the discussion at hand people ...
  20. Anon556 Member

i heart this thread
  21. Slothrop Member

Nobody seems to have treated the question of whether these numbers are real or not yet. You can actually check the numbers for fraud using Benford's Law: since people are bad random number generators, if someone's making up numbers in an accounting document the digits might be distributed differently than they would if they weren't fraudulent. I did the analysis for the year-to-date stats #1,2,3 subtotals and it's not obviously off, which suggests the Scilons were being honest (gasp!).

The YTD subtotals are a pretty small data set, so take that with a grain of salt. I'd do it on some of the other ranges of data, but it's hard to apply Benford's law when the numbers are so consistent. (Consistently low!)
  22. HellRazor Member

Kind of reminds me of the Great Leap Forward - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  23. rof Member

Ms. Hagemo and her brother Brad are both listed (white pages) as living at an exclusive Lake Minnetonka address with their presumed mother Lizabeth.

Lizardbreath appears on an IAS sponsor list from 1992 and then never more.

Brad and Natalie are both accomplished scilons.

Brad is an optometrist in Southdale, Plymouth, and Uptown (all higher-end locales) and Natalie has a loli.

Definitely an &quot;anchor tenant&quot; family in this area.

Isn't this lovely. Here she is in Minnetonka getting kids to join the Foundation for a Drug-Free World scilon front group.

hagemodrugsbig.gif

can you read these URLs? pic at previous ling

___ ___ Automotive
    Minnesota Trophies
    Shaolin Kung Fu ?
    Dr. Brad Hagemo - Optometrist
  24. whosit Member

There could be a couple other ways to spin the numbers to see if this law works. The consistency itself actually bothers me a little.

When looking at these numbers are we only talking Clears and OTs? Does this include the n00bs? If it is clears/OTs then there could be reasoning/logic behind the numbers looking so nice and flat.

Stat 2 appears to be talking about the "raw meat". Nice little spike around New Years - kind of makes sense. Lots of Dianetics book being handed out as Christmas presents. - Nevermind just took a closer look at what Stat 2 means.

While the numbers are interesting and give a general direction of what is going on I can't see this being the be all end of all of what is collected. Any ex-staffers want to chime in on what is collected and not collected? Is this subset?
  25. TypingChimp Member

To be honest, I'm reminded a bit of the CIA being caught flat-footed when the USSR folded. The reason was simple: They trusted the USSR's internal numbers and other data to be far more accurate than they were. For now, I think it is far more intelligent to think as highly of the cult's stats as they do themselves. I wouldn't mind at all being caught a bit flat-footed by the Co$ folding earlier than expected. Still, I'm so happy, I need just one moar thing.

[IMG]
  26. Re: Internal Statistics for the West US

Shit! I think I missed a heartbeat or two.
  27. Krautfag Member

Apart from the semantic evaluation, confirmations of authenticity from exes start to turn up over at emma's board

LEAK: STATS FOR WUS - Page 3 - Ex Scientologist Message Board

And yes, they agree upon experience that the stats are inflated in the range of at least 20%
  28. Kilia Member

Same here.
  29. pooks Member

MOAR STATS:

17 xls files. Op has seen requests for more stats and forwarded me these files. OP is not sure if these are earlier versions of what we already have or not. Take a look. I haven't gone through them and I'm going to bed.

STATS.zip
  30. anonakatie Member

looks like a more detail of the same stats at quick look
  31. whosit Member

Agreed.

Side note: Other nice ways to use this data. We now have an idea where particular friends in Scientology are on the bridge. Targeted trolling on what would ruin a case?
  32. adhocrat Member

Only Stat 9 is Raw Meat only. Of the others some exclude raw meat, such as #2 (see below) and some might include it but it isn't broken out. But Stat 9 is Raw Meat, so it's a good indicator of interest. And in the org it's said that the more Book Ones you get out there, the more Raw Meat will pour into the org.

Stat 2 is pre OT to OT. Pre OT typically means has gone clear and is working on their OT levels or pre levels. Pre Clear means on the Bridge, not yet clear.

OT8 is the first real OT levels.

These stats are nothing at all like the stats of a Class V org. A Class V org stats include New Hires, Gross Income (GI), Student Points, Auditing Hours, Bodies in the Shop (BIS). Books sold would be a Class V stat. BIS was a ripe stat for a stat push. For a time it became the thing to create some two hour event, charge $5 and get 20 people that didn't usially come in to get there "for a service" in order to count as BIS.

It's hard to tell if the Books Sold to Raw Meat include the org's Div 6 stats or if that is reported separately.
  33. Krautfag Member

Looks like those are the weekly reports since November 2008 thru March 2009.

StatcruncherAnons will have a field day.

omnomnom..leaks

Btw. I should take the opportunity and deliver a big "Thank you" from Germany. Finally some half-decent American numbers, about fookin' time.
  34. Anonxmous Member

Okay - some more analysis

The 'Product List' Tab is by far the most revealing, because there is the 'customers' name and date next to each of the 2300 records. It is therefore much less subject to general frigging than a single 'stat total for the org' number as per the other sheets.

In the 'Stat#' column (D) of that tab virtually each record has one of 1,3,5 or 7. so I totalled up those stats, and the numbers come out fairly close. So the blue line on my earlier graphs is related to these stats, the ones that get recorded against a name, which look to have dropped by over one-third (trendline fit) over the last eleven months.

The other stats meanwhile - the ones which the org just supplies the number, and nothing else (on this sheet at least) while showing a slight downward trend, have all remained remarkably resilient during this difficult year for the cult.

I leave it to you to come to your own conclusions about why

A) stats that are recorded in the data by exactly who got what product when (eg: Stat #2 Pre-OT to next OT step etc, or Stat #7 Freewinds attendees etc) show a steep drop, wheras

B) stats that are recorded in the data by how-many-this-week (eg Stat #3 basic starts etc, or Stat #9 books sold to public) are only dropping slightly

EDIT: Correction - I'd pulled in the wrong data for Stat#9 book sales - they also show marked decline.
  35. adhocrat Member

Can anyone get all the names in the drop down tabs? I can't get them at once, just slowly, one by one.

Look at Product List --> Ambassdor.

I just found a name known to me there. She works as an investment adviser, has money and I now know is an OTA.

Those names are a rich source of public names.
  36. Anonxmous Member

On the product list tab, it's set up with a date filter - easiest (in Excell 2007) is go to the data ribbon, and turn off the filter there.
  37. AnonyMary Member

Not sure if anyone clarified this but:

These are NOT Internal Statistics for the West US.

They are the WUS OT Ambassador unit stats , meaning these are stats gotten by OT's from the OT Ambassador Clubs across the WUS. They do not refect what the orgs were doing or not doing but what the OT's are doing in the WUS as part of an organized field under Div VI. These are like OT Field staff member stats.
  38. rof Member

Kill yourself.
  39. demosthenes Member

A minor point of interest: it seems that from week to week, more people are starting basic courses than completing them... implying, I assume, that a substantial portion don't finish the courses at all. Way to hook 'em, Scientology.

courses_graph.gif
  40. Anonymous Member

Re: OT Ambassador unit statistics for the West US

22mfkz.jpg.png