Customize

Steganography Solution

Discussion in 'Keeping Your Anonymity In Iran' started by Pro1522, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Pro1522 Member

I found it a bit alarming when, just minutes ago, I followed a Tweet to a Facebook post. The text was in Farsi and it only took two minutes to translate. What was alarming, once translated, was the complete Locations and instructions for scheduled protest gatherings. If I could find this information, just about anybody could. I use OpenStego to place encrypted, sensitive information within an image that can only be extracted with a password. I would use an icon that is always on the page, but can be updated any time without noticing it. OpenStego, OpenStego - Home, is a small package and is easy to use. I did two practice tries and had it down. The download is free and the instructions are on the same page.
  2. Ray Murphy Member

I haven't looked at that particular program but I've altered a stenography program I found on the net - and noticed that it can (without any password) tell if any image has hidden messages in it and what ascii characters were used. I've been too busy to have a look to see if it can show the sequence of the characters, but I suspect that it might not be too hard to do.
    Would you like to put an image here to see what can be detected without a password?