Customize

Steve "Thoughtful" Hall Calls Out Marty

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Anonymous, Dec 27, 2012.

1. YouSeeNothing Member

These people's egos, for years, were stroked and they were made to believe that they were better than us poor homo sapiens. Their arrogance will be their downfall.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DeathHamster Member

It's like the complete indignation in Belgium and Narconon Georgia: "OMG! You didn't give us two weeks notice that you were going to take legal action! You're just wogs, you can't do that!"
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Twice the pride,double the fall.
  4. Deluded clam is deluded. And Clammy.

20 years of mental and physical torture will do this to you, it seems.

Or maybe it's just the snake oil.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. YouSeeNothing Member

Marty's really stirring them up over there with that thread. 400+ posts already and it's all quite confusing. Steve Hall is mad, yo! I really must stop reading about that train wreck.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. wolfbane Member

I did... it was beginning to make the fur on my brain fall out.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

the stupid, it burns
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. It also rubs off.
    What gets me is the pure hubris.
    Recently in Pakistan there has been a big polio vaccination drive.
    The taliban targeted the staff handing out the vaccines.
    Some were killed,but they decided to carry on.
    I wonder if a scientologist would do the same?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. YouSeeNothing Member

What gets me is the fact that a lot of the indies want DM gone and the church to return to the way it was under LRH--even when they admit he and his tech was faulty. Do other anons think that would be a horrorshow too? Would you be OK with a new leadership and a more transparent church?
  10. wolfbane Member

No.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. YouSeeNothing Member

Agreed.
  12. Mr. Magoo Member

It would go back to being the horror show that it was originally instead of the very similar horror show that is it now.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  13. Ogsonofgroo Member

i'd be okay with a total self-deconstruction, and WHAT 'church'? ffs.
  14. If there were any doubt in my mind that Scientology is a form of fascism/nazism, I wouldn't bother about it so much.

But the similarities are so strikingly obvious to me - the crackpot ideas, the cultic, ubermensch mentality and fanatical ambitions of world domination, the brutal trampling on the rights of anyone opposing them, etc etc - that it must be opposed in whatever form it (Scientology) takes.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Anonymous Member

The thread on Marty's blog is over 500 comments and growing. It is all over the place. It is epic.

Responding to Steve "Thoughtful" Hall's story of saving a drowning woman in Bulgaria through self-auditing:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/12/27/judgment/#comment-246313
    And on L. Ron Hubbard:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/12/27/judgment/#comment-246310
    • Like Like x 5
  16. YouSeeNothing Member

• Winner Winner x 6
  17. jensting Member

NotAnonBut: I don't think they would have a chance to do a fraction of the harm they do as a totalitarian organisation if they were to relinquish the controls. They could try be totalitarian and slightly more transparent, but I don't see that as flying. Would the Damnation Navy be itself if the members were allowed their passports, regular "libs" and Internet? I don't think so. If any less were metered out, officialdom and critics alike would be all over them.

In Robert Dam's "The Defector" - https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/danish-news-story-ex-sci-speaks-out-in-evening-news-show.94204/ - he ends with a note that he started asking real questions about OT abilities of the indie guru he had found. The guru noted that most people left after asking these questions, but he would answer them as honestly as he could. The guru said that, to his knowledge, no-one had achieved OT abilities inside or outside the criminal organisation known as the "church" of $cientology. Robert stopped being an indie.
    • Like Like x 5
  18. jensting Member

Ehrm, Wow! That is indeed epic. And this passed the moderation!?

Looks like the bus driver jumped out a few turns back, and they're gong downhill. On an Alpine pass. And Steve Hall is saying "hang on lads, I've got a great idea..."
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. DeathHamster Member

Steve's a piker. I remember people in the FZ who thought that they were blocking constant mental death attacks from other FZers, while holding off fleets of alien spacecraft.

Steve needs to up his game to mentally fighting crime or putting out fires.
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. It's comic-book stuff - another gem for the 'Scilons and their Preposterous Postulates' collection.

Visions of Steve swooping down from his Condo of Solitude on galactic patrol to rescue the Bulgravian damsel in distress. All done in his own mind!

And then, years later, of all the orgs in all the planets in this sector of the galaxy, Bulgravian Damsel has to walk into Steve's. Unbelievable!

But did I tell you about that one time where I single-handedly snuck into King Tut's harem and freed his whole stable of concubines? I leave it to your imagination how they demonstrated their gratitude, but I didn't get much sleep that night.

A Van Allen
    Independent Egyptologist.
    • Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

22. Anonymous Member

It is indeed! Perhaps the only Marty post + comments I have enjoyed reading. Insightful into Indy thinking. Or I should say non-thinking as they have to refer back to lrh every time they turn around. The cracks are growing ever larger over in Indyland. And amazingly Marty is appearing to be the less judgmental one. hehe
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. DeathHamster Member

And this is why I've never worried too much about a Reformed Indy Scientology replacing CoS. This is what happened to all the other groups that split off over the decades, except now it happens at Internet speed.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  24. Anonymous Member

Let's give them the coup the grace?
  25. Anonymous Member

'coup the grace'? Sounds like Delphi learnin' to me. Bwahahaha
  26. DeathHamster Member

Why? While they exist, they suck members out of CoS, suck PI and goon resources, and raise Davie's blood scotch pressure. (And a coup de grâce is a mercy killing. I'm not that nice.)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

lawnmower.jpg
    This coups my grace.
    • Funny Funny x 8
  28. rickybobby Member

Agreed, Marty is changing. I am surprised that he is hosting this kind of open discussion, and am encouraged by this development, although it may be a calculated move. I am also lulzed with Steve Hall's growing petulance at not being taken as more of an opinion leader. There seems to be a disconnect between Steve's perception of his influence in the Indy movement and the reality.

These developments appear to have arisen after the so-called "summit" this summer; it looks like Steve and Marty were not able to come to an agreement about the direction of the Indy movement as a whole (or who is the leaderfag) and we are watching a power struggle play out on a message board. Marty (correctly, IMO) perceives that he has the upper hand here, and is letting Steve hoist himself by his own petard. I don't know how successful his new iScientology website has been, but it does not seem to be approaching the amazing vehicle for Scientology rebirth that he had envisioned.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

Does it get better gas milage than the coup de villa cause that sucker really eats gas.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  30. wolfbane Member

So much for trying to stay away from that dang thread... now you got me curious again.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Anonymous Member

FWIW, I agree completely.

Steve Hall's anger and petulance might be captured in the following quotation:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/12/27/judgment/#comment-246069
    The bottom line is that for all of Steve's 700 to 800 hours of building the last two Indie websites, Marty's blog gets the hits. It is Marty's blog where every Indie goes to get guidance, learn the latest news, discuss matters, etc.

The other problem Steve has is that Scientology is a culture where you don't get points for making an effort. You don't get points for trying your best. You get points only for making it go right. You get points only for getting the God Damn Product. In the end, you get points only for your stats of actual production, and not just a punch of incomplete sub-products.

Steve lost. He just may not know it yet.

Hell, anyone who has been watching knows that Steve lost before he even started. It isn't just that Steve doesn't have the PR skills Marty has. It isn't just that Steve doesn't realize he doesn't have the PR skills Marty has. It is that Steve doesn't even realize that he needs PR skills, much less the PR skills Marty has.

Roadkill.

/
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  32. RightOn Member

33. YouSeeNothing Member

I think "obnose and obnosis" are my new, most hated words in scilonspeak. They are really turning on each other now. 600+ posts and, I think, they are broken into two groups: the "graduates" (utilizing the tech but not interested in letting it determine who they are, and the "diehards" (the ones that don't want to give up on the tech or the "church"). Anyone have a different take?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

LOL!
  35. Anonymous Member

Iz yoo, Marteh?
  36. Anonymous Member

so who will end up notorious in the Lord of the Flies?
    ummm I mean Clams
    and by notorious, of course I mean only in their brains.
    well, what's left of them
  37. rickybobby Member

AnonyMary in response to an OSAOSAOSA:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/12/27/judgment/#comment-246549
    • Like Like x 2
  38. Yes, Scientology is great.

Right now, the smarter L. Ron Hubbard people know that they must disguise their Hubbard cult mind set.

Steve Hall is a PR liability.
  39. Anonymous Member

Very possibly.
  40. rickybobby Member

Nah. That would take too much coordination. I don't think they have the ability to get it together that well.
    • Agree Agree x 2