Customize

Still Got Questions? Ask Them Here

Discussion in 'New Members Area - Start Here' started by Anonymous, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Sonichu Moderator

This forum here doesn't post on 4 chan or 7 chan, so if you want to go there, that's up to you.

The main question from you is: Actively take part in what?

We have certainly initiatives at this forum, so we aren't completely chaotic. What is it you would like to do?
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Incompleted. Member

Salutations,
    I'm obviously new here, and thought to drop in an introduce myself. I hope to have my ideas expressed, and protect freedom. See you guys around.
    -Incompleted.
  3. Anonymous Member

Hello there! Im new and ready to be free
  4. Anonymous Member

UNITED WE STAND! DIVIDED WE FALL!
  5. RabidWolf Member

just saw the movie "We Are Legion", found it very interesting and informative.....and so here I am...the one, the only(yeah right...lol)
    RabidWolf!!!
    yaaaay(applause please)
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. anonymous612 Member

Chan Anonymous =/= Chanology Anonymous. They share a name, origins, and inside jokes, but very little else.
  7. Sonichu Moderator

Welcome to all our newfags here. Glad to have you. If you have any questions about the boards, or Anonymous in general, please either send me a PM or post in our, "Still got Questions" thread.

Thank you!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. SkeleBones Member

Hello and thanks beforehand for welcoming me.
    We are anonymous!! HOO RAH!!
  9. You can call me Grim. I am not new to the cause, but I am new to Anonymous and I look forward to standing up for my brothers and sisters of the world
  10. I hope that I am posting this in the right place. You may call me Grim. I have always done many things to protest local laws and injustices in my county, but now I have upgraded to the big leagues and I have followers to bring with me. How would you advice me to best introduce them to Anonymous, and what is the best way to go about secretly gathering my local collective to prepare for Anonymous ops. Obviously, Anonymous is now recognized world wide, and with that comes the risk that local authorities will not like our present inside of my county. That you for your advice.
    ~Grim Anonymous
  11. Sonichu Moderator

There are many ways to do this. You can post "Youfoundthecard.com" on little cards, and cut them out. Then you can leave them in public places. These will redirect curious people to this website.

You can also make pamphlets, and go out Anonymously handing them out. That's had some mixed success. Make sure you outwardly appear friendly, so no hoodies or baggy clothing that would be considered suspicious.

Does this help answer your questions?
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Sonichu Moderator

Welcome to the forums Grim! Glad to have you around!
  13. It answers another question I had, but maybe I wasn't being clear. I have a few people who are local, and who are following me into Anonymous. Is there a suggested way for us to meet publically to prepare for an Op that would allow us to remain Anonymous. It is a rather large group and I wouldn't want to look suspicious. So far the best we could come up with is meeting at the local bowling alley and using that as a ruse to disguise our real intent. I was wondering if you had any other suggestions. I have also thought about hosting some sort of pre-op meeting on oovoo, but I am not sure if it would just be easier to meet publically, since I know these people already.
  14. Sonichu Moderator

If you know all the people and trust them pretty well... then you could just meet about anywhere. Even meeting at a library as a "Group Project" might work. Though it all depends on the size of the group.

You could just invite everyone to come to this forum to discuss things here.

I would say be careful with mixing Anonymous activities with people you know in real life.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ogsonofgroo Member

Bars work and they hep peepol. Take good care Anons, all sorts of outing shite out there, to remain anon you must be smart about it, other than that~ Carry on!

Play safe, legal, and smart. Keep the assholes guessing, the cake flowing, the cameras rolling, its all good imho.
    There are some great minds at work, young and old, that make up the collective, and its a gas to watch the collective in motion, it is everyone, it is no one, its important, its wtf, it is us.

:)
    • Like Like x 2
  16. I need to ask a question, but I do not feel comfertible asking it in the open, not even on this site. I can say that it does involve the 5th of Nov. Something I just stumbled upon that I was wanting confirmation on. Could one of the mods on here please pm me.
  17. Sonichu Moderator

If you would prefer, you can send a "Private Message" to any member of the site. These messages are safe from all eyes, including the admins.

If you need help on sending a message, please reply.

But the easiest way to start a message is this:

Find the member or Mod you want to speak with.

Click on their name in any forum. (for example, in the box where it says, "Sonichu")

A pop up will appear with some info about them.

Click on the "Start a Conversation" link, and you should be ready to chat privately.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Woo Hah Member

This new sock promises to behave. For now.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Atze Member

Hello!
    Now i am here too....!And I stick to it!
  20. 5Bees Member

I'm a newfag

Hi
  21. 5Bees Member

Newfag Liberal here - worried about voting machine fraud. Am I alone?
  22. Sonichu Moderator

Welcome Newfags! You aught to know the drill... ask questions in the "Still got Questions" thread, and welcome to the forum!
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

fify
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Old Guy Member

Hi everybody. My name says experienced. It is necessary from time to time to kick the ox to make it change direction and i'm not thrilled with destruction of private property to make a statement but shit happens. Time has taught me some truths and I'm convinced connectivity is vital to giving voice to folks who want/need change. This is a good place.
  25. hello, i am praetorian.
    need to get sth covered, no dirt or whatsoever, if interested write me a private message. look for s.o with abilities...
  26. Sonichu Moderator

Welcome new guys! If you need any help navigating the forums, or questions about what goes on here, please feel free to ask in the "Still got Questions" thread.
  27. do you know how to hack?
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  28. Sonichu Moderator

No and even if I did, this Forum is not for discussing hacking. We only deal in Legal methods of protest.
  29. i don wanna discuss it, the whole thing is about justice, the system, robbery yada yada, you know what im talking. i got ripped off and i'd like so. with ''abilities'' to correct the unjustice, apart from the fact to discuss any matters here.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  30. Sonichu Moderator

Well if you are looking for someone with "abilities" in hacking to help you decide to correct injustice, you are looking in the wrong place. No one here uses hacking as a means of protest.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  31. ok alright, and you don have any recommendations as to this matter?
  32. The Wrong Guy Member

Prior to posting here, what were you charging?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  33. Sonichu Moderator

We wouldn't be true to our policy of not practicing Hacking, if we could just direct you to a hacker. Sorry buster. I've got nothing. I would say Google is your friend, but you ought to be careful googling such things.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  34. thx anyway. as you name google, its true you needa be careful cos there's a lot of scam and scum there. it aint be easy, but thanks anyway....
  35. AntiVirus Member

I have a similar question to alot of the questions in this thread. I support Anonymous, and I dont want to hangout with kids that dont. I know that some Anonymous members are 15-16 and I am 14. I would like to attend and Anonymous event but I dont know how to locate an anonymous sponsered event in my area. ANy Help?
  36. Sonichu Moderator

Events from here can be seen by clicking on the "Events" tab at the top of the forum pages. You can check upcoming events to see if there is one near you. If there isn't, you can ask around for tips on making your own raid a great success.
  37. Politution Member

What is your selection criteria to go after businesses, politicians or not for profits that are outsourcing, lying or otherwise victimizing the people? Is there a specific contact system to discuss issues to develop strategic projects to isolate and try to close them down or embarrass them?
    Not necessarily final, who can I give my list too? humph!
    And I am not a kid, but a father of two who wants to make this a better place for them and others. I am over 50, unemployed for more than 2 years thanks to age criteria in business these days, and fed up with the one size fits all politics.
    :eek:
  38. Sonichu Moderator

Well it depends on the actual circumstances you find. But here is the general rule: DOX OR GTFO!

This translates to, "Please have external evidence of injustice that anons could verify, or kindly please stop yapping."

i.e. If you show up here, and just vaguely tell us that you can't get a job because the companies are discriminating, then most anons won't really give a shit.

but if you show up with a handful of people that can all vouch for the same thing, and provide multiple sources of evidence, aka dox, then we might believe you more.

Keep in mind though, that this forum has specific initiatives, and there is another phrase you should be aware of, "NYPA"

This translates to, "Not your personal army". Anons don't like taking on missions that affect one or two people. Remember this is an international forum, so try to have a broad view when you are talking about something.

All in all, I'd be interested to here what you are saying, but don't get your hopes up.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  39. fishypants Moderator

I wouldn't say we really 'go after' anyone.

The way it works is:

- tell us about what's happening, and provide credible evidence.

- tell us about why normal channels aren't working (for example, in the case of fraud, you might want to report it to law enforcement - why isn't that working for you?)

- tell us why existing protest organisations aren't relevant (for example, it sounds like your local union might be relevant to the concerns you raised above)

- you might get some Anons interested in working with you on further research to establish what's going on and what - maybe - could be done about it

- don't expect us to hack into anything or to take your side in petty conflicts. Neither of those things are what this forum is for.

Be prepared for your views and evidence to be quite robustly challenged. As in, Anons are likely to argue with you. The logic is that if what you have can't stand up to basic scrutiny, then it isn't worth bothering with.

For example, clearly you consider 'outsourcing' of jobs to be a form of victimisation, but I wouldn't agree that you have a greater right to a job than some random third-world guy. In fact, if you live in a first-world country with a welfare system to prevent you from starving if you're unemployed, and third-world-guy doesn't, then maybe he needs the job more badly than you do. That's just an example to illustrate the point that Anons won't necessarily agree with your political views (likely some will and some won't).

edit:

Just to add that if the particular issue you're talking about is age discrimination in the hiring process, then I would think there's some existing organisations which campaign on that issue - you might be better going to them.

Here in the UK there's also legislation (law) to prevent this kind of discrimination. So you could could sue these discriminatory employers.

You don't say what country you're in - which I'm guessing means you're in the USA - I'm not aware whether there's similar anti-age-discrimination law in the US, but Americanons may be able to help with that issue...

Don't worry, plenty of Anons aren't teenagers - we span the full human age range, pretty much.

moar edit:

An overview of age discrimination law around the world:
    http://www.agediscrimination.info/international/Pages/international.aspx

Here's the US section:
    http://www.agediscrimination.info/international/Pages/USA.aspx

That took me 2mins with Google - you might want to do a bit more research yourself maybe...
    • Like Like x 1
  40. AntiVirus Member

Well what happend to me was corrupt RCMP officers, and a false alligation in which I was charged with and almost didnt get off. Im not really looking to go after the people that did this to me, but I have alot of anger towards these people that I want to dispell, and at the moment, I am looking for ways to get rid of it. I dont like currupt people, and I want to help Anonymous any way I can. I was born into a life of running, and its time to fight back. Fuck the world, be Anonymous and get shit done.