Customize

Still Got Questions? Ask Them Here

Discussion in 'New Members Area - Start Here' started by Anonymous, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Anonymous Member

not the anon membership password but rather my personal email password. Ive tried TOR and Covert browsing but I'm not sure my ISP is allowing them.
  2. anonymous612 Member

The chances of that being related to your membership at WWP are exceedingly slim. Don't look for patterns where there are none.
  3. Anonymous Member

actually that wasnt my thoughts...more the opposite.
  4. hfh Member

How i may talk directly about serious problem and find help, 'cause situation not may be write on forum.
  5. Sonichu Moderator

If you like, you can private message one of the mods to ask a specific question if you don't want to post it on the open forum.
  6. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Depending on the situation, you could do what Sonichu recommends:

If the situation requires some discretion.

Another option is to create a thread in the Off Topics area if the situation isn't too private or can be discussed in the open. If the thread has roots elsewhere then a mod could merge the thread into that thread you missed or into the appropriate area.

Keep in mind if you decide to create a thread: It can and will be subjugated to trolling/NYPA chants/Dox or GTFO posts/etc. So it will help if you can provide links/information inside your first post and make sure you do it in a clear and concise manner.

Hopefully by the time you read this, you will have got assistance from the mods. If not, at least now you have some ways to gain the help you need.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. hfh Member

I'm write one of moderator, as Sonichu say me.
    I don't know what moderator solve with this info.

Thanks for answer too.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Your welcome and I am sure the mod you PMed will give you better answers or at least guide you right.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. hfh Member

I very hope on this. Really. Tnx.
  10. Hi,

When I joined I clicked to follow certain members, nothing happened and I then forgot about it. Overall, it is ok or kinda intrusive and creapy to be followed by a newb?

Thanks
  11. anonymous612 Member

If you go here, it should give you updates on what the users you followed do:
    https://whyweprotest.net/community/account/news-feed

For instance, mine right now says something like "____ liked ____'s post in the thread Operation Sea Org Messages/Flag/Clearwater Cell." If you don't want to bookmark that url, you can also get to the page by mousing over your username in the upper right corner of your screen and clicking "Your News Feed" on the dropdown menu that appears.

Personally, I never use the News Feed page anyway, so I find the whole "following" feature to be fairly useless, and I just use it to make a note of usernames I want to remember later for some reason or another.

As for how someone you follow may take it...presuming they even notice? Meh. I wouldn't worry about it. Users are capable of changing their privacy settings to make themselves, among other things, unfollowable, so if it really bothered them, you wouldn't have been able to follow them in the first place.

EDIT: Now that you mention it, of the 21 people following me, I have no clue who 11 of them are.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Thanks 612. All questions answered.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

612 pretty much covered all bases so no sense trying to perfect her perfection. However, there is a couple things to add:

1) Creepy to have a newb follow a member? Depends on the member, however for myself it isn't a big deal nor is it much of a big deal for others that I am aware of.

2) If a user gets bothered in some way, shape, or form: They can always put you on their ignore list. All tracking then ends. Any post they put up comes up as "User is ignoring you".

3) AFAIK: The only members you can't follow (or ignore) are Guest accounts. You can tell who a guest account is by the color of their name (It is a bold font with nothing below the name like "member")
  14. anonymous612 Member

It's also unclickable.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. T
    Thanks for that
  16. xirkylou Member

ok i'm new and feel like an idiot. how do i pm the mod? i'm looking to communicate with FLanons
  17. fishypants Moderator

Inbox (top right of screen)

"Start a new conversation"

Type in their username

- or -

click on their username

click 'start a conversation'
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. anonymous612 Member

Forget the middleman. I'll PM you.
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Anonymous Member

Hello,

I want to start writing letters to Congressmen/Ministers etc. questioning the COS Tax Exempt Status and also the Laws protecting citizens when they are outside their own country.

Are there examples of letters already sent that I could play with to make the best impact?

Thanking You
  20. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Making a copypasta letter won't have the same effect as a polite and professional, well thought out personal email.

So: Try writing a letter using your own words and own thoughts. Show information that you found via here or through other documentations. The more thought you put into it and info you can provide the better your chances the letter will be taken seriously. Make sure that you are polite and courteous because talking like you have no idea what spell checker does and going full retard without information that can be verified gets your letter unread and deleted.
  21. Anonymous Member

^ Remember the Subject_________ line is the most important part in high volume offices such as Congress.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

Thanks for the info, will get that letter written and sent off asap.
  23. Anonymous Member

I agree and Thanks.
  24. Anonymous Member

TechNephilim said: ↑
    I am TechNephilim, I am not much of a hacker.
    That's convenient, because WWP does not allow illegal activity.

I agree as it is illegal activity..and correct me if I'm wrong...but wasn't that the threshold starting point of anonymous? I know you cant condone it but to deny it isn't true.
  25. Anonymous Member

I have a question...how does one copy and paste properly on this site and have the copy in the different style of window?
  26. Pique Member

WWP is not equal to Anonymous. WWP is a tiny segment of all the people who choose to take action anonymously.
    You may wish to read through the stickied threads in the NMA, here
    https://whyweprotest.net/community/forums/new-members-area-start-here.254/

When replying to a previous post click 'Reply' in the lower right corner of that post. A copy of it will appear in your reply box. Ensure you type your comment outside the the quotes. The post you are quoting will appear in a separate box. You may choose to delete a portion of the post you are quoting and only have a portion appear. Replying this way also links back to the original appearance of that post.

You can also enclose content in between (quote) and (/quote) for the same effect...BUT change these brackets ( ) to these [ ].
  27. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Pique pretty much answered your question, but allow me to flesh it out a bit:

Eventually: There is so many different flavors of Anon that it's hard not to find an Anon group that doesn't have your interest.

Now in addition to the illegality of hacking, the reason WWP doesn't allow it is because it will give potential OSA/Scientology viewers ammo against this site. Basically: Chanology prides itself by being above Scientology Fair Game Tactics. To allow such things to be posted or planned would just sink Chanology to the same level as Scientology.
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Anonymous Member

29. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Thanks Anon. I have been in need of that diagram.
  30. Anonymous Member

Thank you Pique and Paroxetine...information greatly appreciated.
  31. BT Love Farts Member

Hi,

Every time I fart, I expel Body Thetans out of my anus.

I love my BTs, and don't want to lose them.

Any suggestions?
  32. Pique Member

Your post has been moved to the questions thread. Please do read the stickied threads in the New Member Area to gain understanding of the forum. Thanks new guy.

In answer to your question might I suggest a medical practitioner? Either a GP or perhaps a mental health professional.... ;)

Or you could stand at attention, face the direction you wish to travel in life, bend over, and let your BTs take you there by jet propulsion.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. fishypants Moderator

Tie one of these around your waist:
    198-large.jpg
    Works for me.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  34. Bose1 Member

is Anonymous involved in the fight to preserve the Constitution? It seems that of all the problems that people are upset about that the loss of our basic freedoms would be the biggest concern. The only way to protect the 1st, 4th and 10th amendment is by preserving the second amendment.

Every country that has a tyrant or dictator for a leader first disarms the citizens closely followed by limiting freedom of speech and right to assembly. All you have to do is look at history to see the truth. Mao, Vladimir Lenin, Hitler, Stalin, Pop-pot, Idi Amin, Pol-pot and every other tin horn dictator starts off by removing the arms from law biding citizens.

It seems like this is a bigger danger that Scientology. Yeah they are crazier than a bed bug but those people JOIN and if they don't know by now what they are getting into it's like saying I didn't know smoking was dangerous. HELLOOOO.

Nothing can be more important than maintaining and protecting our Constitution.

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."
    -- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story,

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  35. The Wrong Guy Member

That was a good post, and I can certainly see your point. While I'm simply one of many, I'll try to help.

Exposing Scientology and seeing justice for its victims and criminals remains the main focus, and will remain so until the goals are reached.

Having said that, you will find much of interest by exploring this section of the forum:

https://whyweprotest.net/community/categories/freedom-of-information.281/

Welcome.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Sonichu Moderator

Like was stated above, Anonymous is everyone, so there is never any determined idea.

Even regarding Chanology, there are many different ways people go about protesting the church. Some like to make prank calls for the lulz, others physically go and demonstrate.

Now with that aside, This is a forum for discussing legal protesting. AFAIK there are no real huge initiatives for "upholding the constitution." Also recall that this forum has international members, so rallying support for something that concerns a single country isn't usually read by everyone here.

That being said, there is the "Iran" initiative which was made in response to the changing political climate in Iran. And as you may have noticed, it hasn't many views and responses.

Feel free to ask around, and maybe start a thread about your subject. That's really the best advice I have to offer. Try and do something.
  37. anonymous612 Member

No. No, you do not get to come in here and tell us how Chanology should function. The Anonymous anti-Scientology protests have survived just fine for five years. I sincerely promise, there is no grand epiphany you could have five minutes after showing up that we haven't heard and debunked a thousand times.

Do you have a timestamped list accounting for every second of my day? Do you know what other causes I am or am not involved in? No. No, you do not. Some of us are not so ADD that we are incapable of pursuing two or more different causes at the same time. Really, there are multitaskers out there. Multitasking is definitely a thing.

You are welcome to suggest new initiatives (within reason). But don't you ever try to tell me they're more worthy of my attention than my current causes. Especially when you know nothing about those current causes. I've seen Scientologists flat-out try to kill protesters. Fuck that "bigger danger than Scientology" talk. You don't speak for the city of Clearwater.
    • Winner Winner x 3
  38. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

First and very foremost: Don't annoy 612. It won't be fun and I know first hand...

Second: The First Amendment does way more than the Second. Not to mention the Bill of Rights in general.

Third: This Anon is more interested in the protection of the First Amendment. The Second... Well, you missed this thread then... Somewhere 2/3rds to halfway, the discussion goes to that topic with gloriously disastrous results.

Point is: If you are seeking a discussion on the Second Amendment, feel free to continue the discussion here.

Maybe I misread history, but didn't all those you listed get into power first before they did things like that? Most of whom you mentioned started by gaining power (via war, coup, lineage, etc.) and most of them didn't disarm people voluntarily (they were disarmed by force or never had arms to begin with).

Considering Scientology wants to take it's followers rights away or the rights of it's critics, I'd say that is a bigger issue.

Let's also remember that Scientology wants to rid the world of SPs, Psychologists, and PTS in less than Constitutional ways.

In addition: Honestly smart people join Scientology unaware of what awaits them. Probably because the recruiters aren't able to. Hence why many are here.

Yes and there is little doubt of that.

However, this is also an international forum. Saying to them that the US Constitution is high priority may not get you the desired response you seek (or wanted).

Again: Tyrants get to power first, then take arms later. The trick is to prevent the tyrants from ever getting power. Hard to do, but much more effective.
  39. Anonymous Member

Except in the case of coups de'etat, where the army is usually the body which takes over the running of the state, and one of the generals becomes life president or genarallisimo or whatever.

In many countries in which coups d'etat have occurred, however, the army doesn't disarm the civilian population - civilian weapons are often irrelevant to an actual army, except perhaps in guerilla warfare.

But in general I agree with your argument that Bose1 is a total and complete twunt profoundly mistaken in almost everything it says.

I also note that Bose1 seems to be using 'preserve the Constitution' as some kind of code for 'interpret the Constitution the way the NRA and fellow gun nuts say it ought to be interpreted'.

Presumably this type of code is how the nut-jobs spot each other in a crowd, over there in the glorious more-murders-per-capita-than-any-other-developed-country USA.
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Anonymous Member

Hey Bose1 haaaave you met Xenu is Lord? You two will make wonderful internet babies together.
    • Funny Funny x 2