Customize

Still Got Questions? Ask Them Here

Discussion in 'New Members Area - Start Here' started by Anonymous, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

Immerse yourself completely in an initiative that particularly resonates with you, Read, read and read all you can. Along the way you will come across posts requesting, suggesting or emploring you to attend protests In real life, or perhaps letter writing local authorities, or maybe just educating those around you and your own community.

By becoming fully immersed, a way of helping that you are comfortable with will quite literally jump out at you.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Thank you for the reply. Very much appreciated
  3. Thank you
  4. What does pm a mod mean?
  5. The Wrong Guy Member

To send a Private Message to a moderator, which is done by clicking on their name and then clicking on Start Conversation.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Thank you
    • Like Like x 1
  7. White Tara Global Moderator

Sincere apologies AmazinglyAnonymous, I need to remember not to shorthand all the time. I asked exactly the same question in your position. Still learning every day :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Sonichu Moderator

It's sort of the idiot test in my mind. If you can figure out what it means, but don't know how you ask in the "Still got Questions" thread.

It shows me that you are listening, and took the initiative to find the proper thread to ask.

Good for you! If the point system worked, I'd give you one!

And just to make sure you know, where it says "Member" on your name, it shows "X Moderator" where X is either an initiative, Community, a language, or Global.

I still use shorthand, because, it is what's often used around here. So if you don't know what something means when I use it, you should probably ask.

9. Of course. Became a member because of the injustice in this world and learn so we can make a difference.
  10. No problem at all
  11. Jessica F Member

Hey guys. I am new here and am having a lot of trouble trying to find a link to the Minneapolis or Minnesota cells. Could someone please help?
  12. Anonymous Member

Maybe none. Could explain it. *Eyore*
  13. White Tara Global Moderator

if you have had a good look in planning and not located any cells within travelling distance, have a look in the links in the thread;

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/finding-my-local-cell.106171/

if that turns up nothing, maybe post a call out to members in your area in the same thread.

Good Luck
  14. Anonymous Member

Use the 'search' function, enter Minnesota, 'in the title' option, profit. No action for a couple of years it seems, may consider starting a cell yourself :)
  15. Is anyone ITT ovulating atm?
  16. Anonymous Member

Yes.
  17. Jessica F Member

Thank you so much for your replay :0)
  18. Jessica F Member

Perhaps the more I learn and get involved on websites and forums I will start up my own cell. I think that would be fantastic.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. PseudoMoodo Member

Noob here. I've known about anon for a while now and I've seen many different motives tacked onto it. Could you clarify a little on what is and isn't or am I asking stupid questions?:D
  20. Sonichu Moderator

It's a complex subject for noobs. And this is the perfect place to ask about it!

Basically here is how it works: Anybody can be Anonymous. By not using your regular name, you are now Anonymous!

The way it works, Anons gather together in different place, like 4chan, Lulzsec, Habbo Hotel, WWP (here) and other sites. And if people agree with something Anonymous is doing, they join and help out. If they don't agree, they laugh and troll the person.
    And that's about it. If you want to know more about WWP, feel free to ask more about that.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. PseudoMoodo Member

Thanks!
  22. Anonymous Member

Sonichu is right.

Also:

While there is no dogma - you can believe and think what you like and be anonymous - there are some values which are shared by many Anons...

• Anons are generally on the side of scientific rationalism over belief.
    • We generally support secular values over religious ones.
    • We are generally in favour of free speech, and free access to information (within the limits of personal safety and privacy).
    • Think idealised 'western liberal democratic' values and you won't be far wrong.
    • Anonymous is international. Anons can be (and are) any age, from teenagers to the elderly. Your gender and sexual orientation are not important here.
    • Anonymous is an out-growth of hacker / internet culture.
    • Most of us believe that all people are equal and are owed equality of rights by the societies in which they live.
    These shared values have some consequences... for example, most of us are reluctant to believe things without seeing convincing evidence for ourselves. In other words, we're profoundly cynical.

In message board discussions, irony and humour play an important role. People do not necessarily mean what they say, or say what they mean.

While none of this is true of every Anon, I believe that enough of it is true of enough Anons to make for some kind of a shared culture.

Some background reading which you may find interesting and perhaps even relevant:

• Articles about Anonymous by Quinn Norton (Wired journalist)
    • Fiction: "Snow Crash", "Cryptonomicon" (Stephenson), "Neuromancer" (Gibson), Culture novels (Banks), "Infinite Jest" (Wallace)
    This is just my own personal view of Anonymous - your mileage may vary. It arises from my own experience and prejudices. Doubtless others have quite different perspectives.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Sorry, a couple of random questions.
    I came here from another forum because that one became so flooded with petty request (such as "can you hack my ex's fb?")
    anyway, none of the questions are out of spite. Just actual curiosity (as I am thinking of joining)
    -why do you give ppl the option to register? It seems bold to me to hand over email info, etc. Lets face it, you/we are the leading hackers in the world haha
    -What does the money donated go to? a monthly goal of $500 can do a lot...
    also, i want to say I do love the layout of the board, claaaaaaassyyy!
  24. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  25. Hello i am new to anon and i was wondering if there is a op in Toledo Ohio
  26. fishypants Moderator

Quoting myself from another thread here, as Anons have recently been asking questions along the lines of "how can I help?"

See the source thread
    https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/mepo-the-met-police-report-on-the-cult.108587/
    for full details.
    Volunteers welcome.
  27. fishypants Moderator

You can create an email address specifically for this purpose.
  28. CantStopMeNow Member

So im not someone who has any knowledge about hacking, although i am somewhat tech savy, i was wondering what i can do to help.
  29. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

WWP does not endorse, condone, promote, or openly participate in illegal activities like illegal computer hacking or DDoS attacks.

You don't have to be "tech savy" or do anything illegal to participate here. Spreading information about Scientology/freedom of info/etc. is one way. Participating in legal protests in your area is another.
  30. CantStopMeNow Member

hmm okay thank you for clarifying :) know of anything in the orlando, florida area??
  31. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Contact LastOneStanding or AmaX as they are the big kahunas in the Florida area. Also try the Planning Section to see if there is anything going on there. If there isn't... Maybe you can start something?
  32. CantStopMeNow Member

I will contact both of them and i dont see anything in there, so many i can do that :)
  33. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Yes. Be warned about LastOne: Be polite and courteous. Getting on her bad side is not advisable, and I speak from experience.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  34. CantStopMeNow Member

i will :) i am always nice and respectful :)
  35. The admin here seem to say that if there are any of us that plan illegal ddos attacks this isn't the place for them. Then where is? Just asking and hopefully nobody gets upset by this question.
  36. Sonichu Moderator

If we told you where to find DDoS planning sites, that would be helping you plan one. I have no information on that. And if you are smart, you won't go running around the internet asking for one. More likely than not, you will ask, and someone will direct you to a honeypot thinking it's really funny.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  37. rickybobby Member

Question that lurking hasn't answered for me: what does "CO" stand for, as in a thread titled "CO:RickyBobby"?
  38. CO= Call out!
    Beware if the call out emanates from the dome my love!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.