Customize

Strange YouTube Copyright Claims On My Account

Discussion in 'Youtube and Vimeo Problems' started by HouseSpiderV2, Sep 5, 2008.

1. HouseSpiderV2 Member

Strange YouTube Copyright Claims On My Account

Who the fuck is "American Rights Counsel LLC", why are they making copyright claims on my YouTube videos (including stuff I have specific written permission from the actual copyright owners to use) and how do I get justice?
  2. QAnon Member

Re: Strange YouTube Copyright Claims On My Account

Lurk moar, dumbass. We've been talking about this for the last ten hours or so.

It's fucking Ollie again.

As I've said in all these threads, send the videos to me. I'm name-fagged, and I'm willing to file the DMCA counter-claim. Either give me lings that work, or send the videos to qanonchicago@gmail.com.
  3. highoverlord Member

where is yousawtheshirt
  4. leroyjenkins Member

the American Rights Counsel and contentfactory america are fraudulent groups made by OSchaper and OSA to get anons content off the internet because we are hitting them were it hurts, the truth.
  5. HouseSpiderV2 Member

YSTShirt - It's coming. Be patient.

Counter-claim - I'm namefagged too. I'll figure out how the hell to do this and well... do it.
  6. Clamosaurus Member

Hey, HouseSpider, can you furnish me dox on Oliver Schaper?
  7. PresidentShaw Member

I had this for the ''root of all evil'' video I had uploaded:
    This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by American Rights Counsel LLC

Didn't think much of it as I was thinking it was normal copyright removal however now that you mention the American Rights Counsel LLC, what rights do they have on Root of all evil?
  8. leroyjenkins Member

They dont have any... American Rights Council, ummm ARC, its a fucking coincidence. email them right now copyright@youtube.com
  9. iaxiloll Member

10. DeathHamster Member

He seems like one of the loonies that OSA keeps on a long leash for deniability--or he's just a free-range loonie.

It's sad when even a member of Team Scientology on Wikipedia thinks his vanity article needs deleting.
  11. iaxiloll Member

The clips are gone within ten minutes yesterday I had 31 videos on that channel 10 mins ago 20 nao, 18. This will not end well for OSA. I wonder why the channel is still up.
  12. AnonOrange_ Member

Give us a website where we can download the ".flv" file of your video. We will post 100 versions of it on our individual YouTube accounts. That's how we help Angry Gay Pope when his Moxon video was taken down.
  13. Re: Strange YouTube Copyright Claims On My Account

get the firefox browser and the free addon DownloadHelper.
  14. Optimisticate Member

American
    Rights
    Counsel

ARC

Get it?

As noted elsewhere, they can't even spell council right.
  15. WagTheWog Member

1 - Cross-post videos on Vimeo where they can be downloaded.

2 - Here's one way to download .flv files: ClipNabber - download videos from Dailymotion, Veoh, Youtube and more!

3 - Here's one way to convert .flv file to other formats (e.g. QuickTime, AVI) for editing, etc.: Media Convert - free and on line - convert and split sound, ringtones, images, docs - MP3 WMV 3GP AMR FLV SWF AMV MOV WMA AVI MPG MP4 DivX MPEG4 iPOD PSP OGG WMA AAC MP4 MPC MMF QCP KAR MIDI REALAUDIO FLAC JPG PSD DOC PDF RTF TXT ODG ODP ODS ODT SXW

4 - This is WOAR!!

:anon: WagTheWog

16. mko Member

I got a video that may be relevant to their interests, but as it's taken from WGRZ in Buffalo, I can't upload it to Vimeo as they have an even stricter policy of removal than YouTube. (Someone got a video pulled because they didn't create it, even though they had permission from the creator - Wise Beard Man - to upload it! They said no exceptions)
  17. HouseSpiderV2 Member

Here's a new one...

"Dear Member:

This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by Dr. Oliver Schaper claiming that this material is infringing:

June 14 Join the Anonymous Sea Arrrgh! 8 Million Clams Promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h_LcSNGJSQ"
  18. Prozac4Tom Member

If anyone still doubts who is behind this, this latest take down should remove all doubt.
  19. HouseSpiderV2 Member

"Dear Member:

This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by The Schaper Company, Inc. claiming that this material is infringing:

Chanology Shoops And Deinspirationals - Now With Extra Lulz!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQhpHYdHLwA"

"Dear Member:

This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by Media House Enterprises, Inc. claiming that this material is infringing:

Scientology & The Clearwater Police - Part 2/2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN_JOCwjyb0" <---- XenuTV.com mirror
  20. Prozac4Tom Member

There's a situation room now. We need to compile a list of all the names used to take down videos. I hope OSchaper gets thrown in jail over this!
  21. Re: Strange YouTube Copyright Claims On My Account

Okay, I don't get it. What's the big deal with the acronym?
  22. murx Member

pg971yk6.jpg

23. Re: Strange YouTube Copyright Claims On My Account

Ah. Well that is something.
  24. HouseSpiderV2 Member

I'm going to contact the ACTUAL copyright holders in cases where I had written permission to use the material that wasn't my/our own. I have a feeling that various Clearchannel talk show hosts, RTE, Mark Bunker and the New England Skeptic's Society might be a tiny bit interested to know that someone other than them is claiming copyright on their works.
  25. HouseSpiderV2 Member

YouTube is on the ball today. All my videos have been restored.
  26. highoverlord Member

mark bunker does not care. i emailed him once about using his videos and he does not give a shit
  27. WagTheWog Member

Please keep us up to date on this.
    That has win written all over it!

:anon: WagTheWog

28. Lorelei Member

I wish they had challenged my "Tom Cruise Crazy" music video, because not only does Jonathan Couton like it, he asked me to post it to his "fan tributes" section on his site and have me a really nice pat on the head.

Not bad for a video that only took three hours to whump together!

In other words, a copyright infringement claim on that particular video, given that the artist freely gave permission for me to post it with his music included, would have been even more of a bad idea than can be imagined.

House Spider, you rock. If you want help with the contacts, please share on Enturb so other Anons like me can work out some of our frustration and RAAAAGE by typing some well-phrased, elegant email LAZORs.