Customize

Sunday Express: Peaches Geldof Attended Scientology's IAS Ball

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by Belladonna, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Belladonna Member

Sunday Express: Peaches Geldof Attended Scientology's IAS Ball

(more)
    Sunday Express | UK News :: The truth about Peaches and the Scientologists
  2. basil Member

Re: Sunday Express: Peaches Geldof Attended Scientology's IAS Ball

5000 attendees? Really?

Out of what was it now, 12 million worldwide?

Even that is 0.041% of 'followers' attending a massive 25th anniversary celebration of 'the greatest force for good on earth'.

Presumably Miscavige counts as half an adult in that?
  3. Belladonna Member

And yet very few newspapers put that 12 million number to the test, they just take the lazy way out by saying, "the church claims."

It's funny, I think the only two reported attendance figures came from US Weekly (4000) and Scientology (8000). Funny how the Sunday Express just kind of split the difference.
  4. Anonymous Member

Lol, sciworld gets Peaches. WogWorld gets Haggis.
  5. basil Member

Let's do the work for them. Quoting Tommy "footbullet" Davies here.

Scientology's response - St. Petersburg Times

That's averaging 1,500 Scientologists at each Org around the world. When was the last time, apart from perhaps special events, you saw that many Scientologists in the same place at the same time anywhere?

There are 195 countries in the world according to The Number of Countries in the World - Number of Countries Worldwide so, disregarding the "220 countries" quote of the past, why has Scientology failed to get into 30 countries? Pretty much every proper major religion in the world would be able to claim followers in every single country - even if it's only a handful.

Current world population just over 6.7 billion. So even if 12 million were true, that's about 0.001% of the world's population. Compare that with other religions on this site (http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html):

Interesting how they quote 500,000.
  6. Re: Sunday Express: Peaches Geldof Attended Scientology's IAS Ball

Is that like a cold-wore trade off. Your agents for ours? If it was, the wogworld got the better deal. A good writer with a critical mind who supports gay rights for a lost rich kid.
  7. Belladonna Member

^ LOL I love WWP. Runnin' the numbers in a Peaches Geldof thread.

All right, so what do we do with the numbers to "break the spell," to get reporters to stop quoting the 12 million figure? (Besides the fact that it's only one of about a million incorrect statements they make).

It's the approval of SIR Bob Geldof that sticks in my craw.
  8. Anonymous Member

Or like the Lakers getting Pau Gasol for Kwami Brown.
  9. Re: Sunday Express: Peaches Geldof Attended Scientology's IAS Ball

Peaches Geldof. She really is an insult to stupid people. A prime example of a dim-witted moron with far more money than sense. She's like the British version of Paris Hilton, but with less money, less fashion sense, and about 80 less IQ points. If she actually understands what Scientology is, I'll eat my own ass with a toothpick.
  10. Belladonna Member

And yet she gets a job at NYLON MAGAZINE. Life isn't fair.
  11. basil Member

I assume there must be fan-sites and forums for her out there (although quite what she does in life except party escapes me at present). Perhaps some kind of co-ordinated approach is required, to ensure that both her and her 'fans' are left in no doubt as to the true nature of the cult.

Giving Bob a heads-up wouldn't go a miss either. Is it just me or can anyone else see the irony of his Live Aid "give us your f'kin money" rant when that's exactly what Scientology is all about?
  12. Re: Sunday Express: Peaches Geldof Attended Scientology's IAS Ball

What kind of salary does a gig like that pay? I heard the Cult needs money these days.
  13. Belladonna Member

Did you see the other thread about her? She says her interest in Dawkins and physics brought her to Science and Scientology. She's actually L Ron Hubbard's dream girl.

Maybe someone else here will be in to that idea, but I value what few brain cells I have left.

I don't know that there's a lot you can do unless you know somebody in his circle. If you're ambitious you could write a letter to his mgmt but I don't see that going far. Best bet I can see is encourage the press to continue to rail on her, and Scientology.
  14. afternon Member

Poor Sir Bob- does he realise that it's only a matter of time before his daughter disconnects from him?

Yep- "give us you f'kin' money" does ring true!
  15. Anonymous Member

Like, you know, like, scientology's so spiritual, like, you know, SPIRITUAL, like and I uh, you know, I felt , like, uh, I needed my own path to follow, and like, uh, you know, well, like....

Good luck with that path thing, Peaches.
  16. Anonymous Member

^this needs it's own thread

and we need to lobby Sir Bob Geldoff about the human rights abuses in scientology
  17. Belladonna Member

18. Belladonna Member

Irish Independent
    Her da must be so proud BROWNE NOSE DAY - Lifestyle, Frontpage - Independent.ie

19. Re: Sunday Express: Peaches Geldof Attended Scientology's IAS Ball

This fucking sucks. She's a dumb cash cow, making her the perfect victim for Scientology to milk some cash out of, and she's too full of herself to ever realize what it going on.

This one is points to the cult...
  20. Ogsonofgroo Member

RUN PEACHES!
    RUN FER U LIFE!

*sigh* I'd adopt her. (no ya freakz, not for that reasons)
    My dog is lonely and I canna cook ner mer.

XP
  21. Anonymous Member

Bob Geldof's money is supporting an organization that hurts people.
  22. Belladonna Member

You ran the numbers in a Peaches Geldof thread, you got the numbers in a Peaches Geldof article.

Cross-post for the lulz
    First Post UK
    Deserters’ tales a warning to Scientologist Peaches
    Tales of Scientology's apostates are a warning to Peaches Geldof | People in the News | People | The First Post
  23. Re: Sunday Express: Peaches Geldof Attended Scientology's IAS Ball

Her fan site is not useful for contacting her
    Also her father might not be the best person to harpoon because she thinks he's a tightarse (that means tightass in American). Her present gig is harpoonable (warning mindless fashion images follow - not safe for anyone who actually read Dawkins).
  24. Belladonna Member

25. Anonymous Member

Maybe that's why he's being a tightarse - maybe he doesn't want to fund a dangerous cult removing what little brain his daughter has. Not happy to finance her going up the bridge? Let's ask him.

If Sir Bob spoke out against the cult it would be win.
  26. greebly Member

Keep an eye out for any gigs she might do still in town.

Someone seriously needs to inform her properly and her father.

Sad sad money pot about to be emptied.
  27. Anonymous Member

Technically this isn't possible as negative IQ numbers do not exist.
  28. auchraw Member

Sir Bob doesn;t need to leave her a penny AFAIK. How about that, little Dwarf?
  29. DeathHamster Member

Wouldn't be the first time, maybe.

BBC News - Bob Geldof demands proof of BBC Ethiopia aid report
  30. Consensus Member

Dawkins has mentioned scientology in passing - always negatively - in a number of places. Can you gimme a link for that? If Dawkins sees a celeb peddling his name to recruit people to scientology, he just might publicly address that on his blog...

edit - nvm, posted later on in the first page
  31. Anonymous Member

Peaches Geldof and Richard Dawkins: a meeting of minds – Telegraph Blogs etc.
  32. Belladonna Member

His site didn't do anything with it when I sent it over; maybe they felt it was an unfair match...
  33. Consensus Member

The way that's written, it wouldn't surprise me if Dawkins is already aware. Harpoonable nonetheless. As a big fan of Dawkins, I'll be sending him a message. If enough do the same, he may be prompted to comment. Or not.
  34. Zak McKracken Member

Nice.
    So, if it turned out that money meant to go toward feeding hungry Ethiopian people, instead got redirected into weapons used to attack and destroy the Ethiopian government,

Mr Peach would respond by using lawyers to attack and destroy the Ethiopian government instead?

Why not just buy more guns? :/
  35. Belladonna Member

I was a little surprised none of the skeptics really had a go at that. Another thing I thought was interesting at the time - a version of this story was posted on Derren Brown's blog, then taken down. If I remember correctly, I saw a Twitter from Derren (?) that said it was a mean story...? I don't know why it would have been considered mean to point out the lunacy of considering Dawkins' and Hubbards' views to be complementary...
  36. Consensus Member

I'd guess the one competent scilon left sent 20 differently worded e-mails focusing on how he's attacking a poor innocent child, without mention of how awesome scientology is.
  37. DeathHamster Member