Customize

Sunland mission GOING DOWN!

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonymous, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Sunland mission GOING DOWN!

It also turns out that Linda Quay, the former mission holder, just recently succumbed to cancer after a 2 year fight just this last month. Sad story. :(

I hope she found peace.
  2. thetanic Member

Sorry to hear that, and I hope she does.

Still, epic win, just wish someone didn't pay the ultimate price for it.
  3. xenubarb Member

anon_ticktocksm.jpg
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

aannd Barb, another of my top ten faves: that anon pic of yours, thx
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

So, in early December of 2010, a friend of mine that lives in the Sunland area said there was an article in the local paper about a Scientology church opening up in the Sunland Tujunga area. As they lost their space earlier in September 2009...this intrigued me. She emailed me a copy and sure enough...they opened up shop again.

5323499938_79abbfb282_b.jpg

Here is the actual paper.
    http://www.voiceofthevillage.org/issues/votv_volume_2_issue_2_12012010.pdf
    (The by-line "The Good News Newspaper" rings bells for me. But I think it might just be a coincidence?)

There is an ad for the LA Delphi School on page 7.
    Scilon editorial on page 17
    Delphi Academy preschool opening page 19
    The opening of the mission is on page 30

As a recap, here is what their old place looks like now:
    5322821631_5d377d189d_b.jpg

They have now relocated to 8229 Foothill Blvd (the old location being 8828 Foothill)
    They moved a few blocks east. They are now viewable by cars driving by on Foothill (which was not the case for their old address) but they basically have no signage yet. You can see a sign in the background of the newspaper clipping, but it looks to be a banner as there is no sign up.
    So...opened in November 2010...but still no sign. They have a slot in the little sign where all tenants have a slot...but one cannot see from that where the mission is.

The following are a few shots on a weekday in the late afternoon. I saw no one there. I saw several people walk up to the door thinking it was another entrance for the nearby Panda Express and then correct themselves. I saw no one going to the scientology mission on purpose.

5323427478_b0605d1e51_b.jpg

5322824053_abc1f5ee75_b.jpg

5322823145_982e4ae37d_b.jpg

They don't open until 6:45pm???
    5323428506_61bf2ea346_b.jpg

Their neighbors on the other side.
    5323430124_c08b0df843_b.jpg

The area behind them
    5323429522_1ab780e6e1_b.jpg

Just started to get dark. The only light on is the automatic entry light
    5323426006_8561d80f97_b.jpg

So welcoming
    5322820473_34e169b88b_b.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

A few more pics from the same trip

Then...I spied some SO as I was leaving...
    5323427196_b3c693b1f7_b.jpg

5322822259_a20815cbd2_b.jpg

They look like they thought the place would be open as well.
    They walked away towards the Panda Express after this and out of view
    5322821943_7a68edb328_b.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  7. xenubarb Member

Heh. Looks like they took over a Starbucks.
  8. Anonymous Member

soo..
    the sign on the door that says Sat and SUNDAY by appointment?
    If that doesn't prove they do not have services, then I don't know what will.
    By appointment to have Sunday services? HA HA HA
    Send that picture over to the Chicago Anons for his case for proof they do nto have services
  9. Anonymous Member

^^^ operation hours are also listed in the article

and a line in the article " Scientology is an applied "religious" philosophy. It's something you do, not worship or pray about"

more proof IMO that they do not hold Sunday services
    Perhaps the Chicago anons would be interested in that quote too
  10. xenubarb Member

Lovely little list of names in that newspaper clip. Police, Rotary Club, Chamber of Commerce...you can tell which "opinion leaders" drank the kool-aide.

Time for local anons to make some phone calls...
  11. Anonymous Member

I would imagine it would be difficult to work next to a Panda Express and smelling all that delicious food every time the door opens (lol never) when you're eating shit food because you're either broke because you got all your money sucked out of you by scientology, or on staff and broke because well you work for scientology.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Anonymous Member

Isn't it unusual for Sea Org to visit a mission? I thought they only went to Orgs. Sea Org do not visit for free, there is always a charge to the Org for Sea Org staff "services" and "visits".
  13. Anonymous Member

I was wondering if that is what they needed to keep the mission even open?
    To have SO there for the time being.
  14. Anonymous Member

Maybe they're just two of the 4000+ scientologists who live in Sunland-Tujunga.
  15. Anonymous Member

16. Anonymous Member

17. Tax exemption, holy shit
  18. Anonomaly Member

To sum it up for everyone:
    1) The "Voice of the Village" is a scientologist-run newspaper. I.e. most of its staff, from Managing editor Bob Georgius down. For example, for a year now it stopped doing inserts. But suddenly there was a Personality Analysis flyer sent out for several months. They have a print run of about 15,000, btw. Of course they will not allow any other Church in the area to do same. It always has features on the surrounding Orgs PR ("community") services.

2) Its co-founder is the Chamber of Commerce President and they meet in the Chamber's local office.
    3) The paper refuses to allow any other opinions write in, except that which promotes Scientology perspectives on what the town should know. Any other opinion is treated as suppressive. This is found out because all these people then go to the other paper, The Foothills Paper, which regularly prints exposes on the corruption of the Chamber, its President, and especially the goings on of the local Scientologists who are on the Neighborhood Council.

4) The new Mission is not connected to the old one, whose owner was sick and I think passed away already. It was also starving for new bodies in the shop.

5) The new Mission is what used to be called Foundation -- open evenings and weekends. But no sign is there on their space.

6) Weirdest of all, the head of the powerful Land Use Committee is run by scientologist Tomi Lynn Bowling, who was recently exposed as the person behind bringing 32 Food Trucks into town every Weds night, obstensibly to bring community atmosphere -- but was exposed (by a Commendation-KR) printed on the Foothills Paper, showing the real intent was to bring new Bodies into the Shop for the Mission. True enough, young Scilons march up and down both sides of the streets, especially in front of the mission, handing out flyers for mission services! A thousand+ used to turn out. Now its down to hundreds.

Unfortunately, many businessess have suffered from the lack of usual attendance -- but this matters not to the Mission -- and not even to the Chamber of Commere -- who collects a percentage of all sales. And, get this: The City Council's Alarcon, who is the area's Councilman, has his son (or a family relative) collecting $40 from each truck (that's 32 x $40) for cleanup. What corruption???? Just Scientology Business as usual. Ha!!!!
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

Would love to see some protesters there tonight.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Anonomaly Member

That would be tremendous! Protestors following the Scilon Mission Machine up and down the street! Weds Nights, 5pm - 9pm is the hours. Tomi Lynn Bowling will have a cow! Guaranteed to really freek the Scilons out and educate the people of Sunland-Tujunga. Do it as soon as possible.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Ersatz Global Moderator

Might I suggest a thread be started in the Planning forum to announce the event?
  22. Anonomaly Member

Well, OK! Can you start one, Ersatz, as a Global Moderator? thanks. then post the link here so we can follow you. Wow! This will be fun.
  23. Anonymous Member

It would be funny if someone printed out a "Panda Express VIP Room" sticker for that door...
  24. Ersatz Global Moderator

I can, but you should start it as you have the information and I don't know the first thing about the area. People tend to message the OP for information. That should be you. You are a member here and can start that thread in that forum. I'll be happy to help you do it if you like.