Customize

Support from Christian Churches

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Caveat, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Daywatch Member

I think the main focus would be to get INDIVIDUAL christians involved they in turn ( if they can ) will get their churches involved.

spreading info about the Co$ is never a bad thing
    many churches have message boards ( both in the church and on the intrawebs ) and are often willing to help just causes
  2. Can someone plz post the quotes about Hubbard being the antichrist, and believing he was here to stop Armageddon? I'd like to read more about this and apply it to some theological study.
  3. DrAdlaiAtkins Member

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kspaink/fishman/ot8b.html
    In OT8 dox Hubbard says the whole "Antichrist" thing...
    And the infamous...
    Lastly, some ironic encouragement for us all:
    I think we can all appreciate the relevance of that right now :twisted:
    this post has been edited for formatting and to fit on your screen.
  4. anonEmouser Member

5. Amomynous Member

Key point!

And I think this applies to many/most groups.

It's the age-old problem of the "loud minority".

The ones that talk shit tend to talk loudest.
  6. anonymouse95 Member

I wrote this in a hurry and I borrowed one paragraph from anonEmouser, please tell me if I should post this in some other thread or area as well. I just wrote this up in a hurry, it's heartfelt and genuine, so you don't need to feel guilty about taking advantage of people.

First one is a letter suitable for more conservative churches, especially those where the KJV is held as the standard. There's also a lot of bible quotes, I included them since they're de rigeur in many congregations, but also because a lot of you asked for good quotes to use against Scientology.

This second letter is a somewhat cut down version, without the Occultic angle. This is more suitable for liberal/moderate Churches. If you tell them about the Occult angle right of the bat they might think you're a loon, but they'll find out soon enough so you're not deceiving them or anything.

I hope either or both these letters come in handy, and once more please let me know if you want me to post this elsewhere.
  7. Amomynous Member

I can't say I agree entirely with the some of the content. My personal beliefs being closer to occultism and gnosticism, I can't help but feel almost offended by the first one; isn't the whole point of what we're trying to achieve supposed to be to bring tolerance and freedom of thought/speech to the world? I'm not sure if demonizing -beliefs- is the way to go.

That said, though, I have to applaud not only your hard work (I've been writing a lot lately, and I can imagine how long and potentially draining it was to write all that) but also how you handled the CoS aspect.

I'm not a Christian (as made obvious by my earlier statements), so I can't comment on the quotes aspect, but overall, I approve.

Good work, Anon.

As for posting this somewhere else, perhaps the Media board? I'd say this counts as propaganda. Make a new thread, perhaps ask if others have input to add, etc.

Again, good work.
  8. anonymouse95 Member

I certainly hope I didn't demonize anyone's beliefs, so far my main complaint about Gnosticism has been that the more formal aspects of it are incomprehensible (they're also neo-platonic, but I repeat myself ;) ) However Scientology does contain a lot of stuff inspired by Gnosticism and Occultism, and I felt that I should mention this. Let the recipient make of it what they wish.

Thank you.

Yes I think I'll do that.
  9. AnonLover Member

necrobumpity - classic thread is still useful
  10. Anonymous Member

massive necromancy.... thanks for that...
  11. moarxenu Member

Didn't realize this was thread necromancy. I thought we had a sudden influx of newfag Christfags lol.

Here is some background info for newly interested christfags:

OH LAWD, DAT SUM CHRISTFAG /i/SURGENCY!
    We have at least two ministers on WWP, a Lutheran pastor, and a Salvation Army minister,tjcwh. I forget the Lutheran's anon name, but he tells us that in the middle of Iowa he has received cult propaganda urging him to let young Lutheran's get involved in front group faggotry like Youth For Human Rights International.

tjcwh has the remarkable gift of being able to summarize books insightfully. He has published several such summaries of LRH's science fiction on his blog. Go there and leave comments and let him know other christfags are in the fight.

It is important to keep in mind that there have been no statements critical of the cult from any major religious figure in the US, or Australia or the UK for that matter.

The strongest condemnations have come from Lutheran bishops in Germany and Roman Catholic cult commissioners. Nearly every Lutheran and Catholic diocese in Germany has a Commissioner for Cults, who job is to educate the faithful and provide assistance to distraught families with kids trapped in the cult.

There are two outstanding Lutheran figures. Presiding Bishop Friedrich declared that Scientology's claim to be a church is "a pack of lies." Pastor Thomas Gandow is the cult commissioner for Berlin. He was fairgamed by OSA for giving asylum to terrified scilons defecting from the cult.

Outside Germany we have a network of anti-cult groups: Dialog in Copenhagen; the International Cultic Studies Association (ICSA)* in the US; The Cult Information and Family Support Group in Australia; Infosect/Infosecte in Montreal** ; and most importantly Dialog Ireland. DI grew out of a joint Catholic-Protestant anti-cult ministry. The Catholic Archbishop of Dublin officially blessed the creation of DI, which is now a non-religious non-profit organization.

The director of Dialog Ireland is a Mennonite minister, Mike Garde, who proudly counts himself of member of Anon and regularly raids with the Dublinfags. His webmaster is an awesome atheist anon. There is a ton of info on the site. DI has reported news that has not been reported anywhere else.

* ICSA is an organization of people who treat the trauma and mind control of cult victims - psychiatrists, psychologists, clinical social workers, and clergy. There is a lot of great info for clergy at the site.

** Mike Kropveld is the director. He sends out email alerts with articles in French and English about cults. Many of the about Scientology. Email him, and he will add you to the list.

Mike Garde addressing "my fellow members of Anonymous"

• Like Like x 2
  12. moarxenu Member

A great classic:

13. xenubarb Member

LOL...Lutherans and Catholics uniting to flog Scientology into muck. Those theses of Martin Luther...bygones is bygones, yes?

Did they ever get those nail holes fixed in the door?
  14. moarxenu Member

I think anons stuffed fliers into them. Does that count as fixing?