Customize

[Sweden] Possible weak spot found in front group

Discussion in 'CoS Front Groups' started by Geno4826, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Geno4826 Member

[Sweden] Possible weak spot found in front group

I just noticed that Riksorganisationen för ett Drogfritt Sverige (foundation for a drug-free Sweden) is the owner of three coveted Bank/post giro numbers starting with 90. For those of you who didn't know, post/bank giro numbers starting with 90 are reserved for charity organisations and are handed out by Stiftelsen för Insamlingskontroll, SFI, who would probably be keen on withdrawing their charity status if connections with CoS are made clear, as well as the tendency of front groups to funnel cash directly into Davey's pockets.

Connections with Scientology can be argued by the fact that they support Narconon, and the head of the organisation is a well known Swedish Scientologist (for obvious scientology obviousness, check out her facebook or google ["Åsa Graaf" Scientology]).

Anything worth pursuing? If so, would anyone be willing to tip off SFI, as I haven't written anything formal in Swedish for god knows how long. Also, there's always the possibility of tipping off DN and SvD.
  2. Geno4826 Member

Re: [Sweden] Possible weak spot found in front group

Harpoons are away in form of a concerned email to SFI, with a carbon copy to DN.se.

Now we wait...
  3. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

can I see a copy of this harpoon, please?

I think it'd be a great win if they actually did withdraw this stuff. I also had a question, does this organisation actually do any charity?
  4. Geno4826 Member

my humble attempt at formal Swedish:
    I believe they do actually do some legit charity, but that's also come under criticism by IOGT-NTO as unprofessional (see: Kampanj knyts till scientologer - Sverige - Sydsvenskan - Nyheter dygnet runt). I found this article after I sent the email, it seems to be exactly the article I'd love to see DN write, hopefully it won't deter them, as it was published 4 years ago.

EDIT: I now officially hate msword for not picking up on my spelling error "rehambiliteringsprogrammet"
  5. Patton Member

Great work on the concern e-mail, Geno!
  6. Re: [Sweden] Possible weak spot found in front group

that's a nice harpoon
  7. Re: [Sweden] Possible weak spot found in front group

Super good work! Please keep us updated and let us know if we could assist.

/IF
  8. Geno4826 Member

Certainly, although both the DN reporter and the SFI lady who would be handling the matter are both on their holidays, so it'll be a while.
  9. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

Good job there, and blame microsoft for the typo :p

hope we get some response from them and if nothing else we might make them keep an eye on things.
  10. Vir Member

"Say no to drugs", "Citizens Commission for Human Rights", "Youth For Human Rights", "Way to Happiness" etc. All these are scientology enterprises which they usually set up in every country they're in. In Norway they call this organization "Si Nei Til Stoff Ja Til Livet" and is also run exclusively by scientologists.

Fun fact: The Norwegian CCHR website is formally registered to belong to a tobacco and candy store.

Edit: Update: It looks like in Sweden they have two anti-drug organizations. Could one of them be one they took over?
  11. Geno4826 Member

Howdy, sorry about slowness, been without intertubes for a while.

Here's the reply from SFI:

My reply:

Englishfags: use google translate, you'll get the gist of the letters albeit with crappy grammar and whatnot :colbert::colbert:
  12. auchraw Member

There is one certain fact. No group which acts as a front for Scientology, or any branch of the Co$hit does ANY charitable work. Charities must spend money gathered for the good of others, not for the good of members, and certainly not for the good of the leadership. In the UK these purposes must be either religious, educational, of social benefit or for the relief of poverty. Scientology is as far from being charitable as it is possible to be but it uses these objects quite callously to mislead the public and elected officials. Scientology is not a religion but a fraudulent self-improvement scheme (FSIS).

It is time this on-going scam was put into a defined context for Europe as a whole, EU and non-EU, East and West, as otherwise the Co$$$$$$$ will find a loophole and move all their operations to the Ukraine or Xenu knows where.

Am I right in thinking that the Co$hit has religious status in Sweden? I read that the Swedish government yielded to pressure from the American State Department which would be ludicrous if it were not entirely possible. If not, why not?
  13. Bulle Member

Yes, you are completely right.

The American government pressured the Swedish government into making a law that overrides the fucking constitution of Sweden to keep the Scifags happy.
  14. Geno4826 Member

Still no reply, I'm probably being ignored :(

anyone else fancy trying?