Customize

Taking down Co$ on Craigslist/ Co$ ads on CraigsList

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Budd, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Budd Member

• Like Like x 3
  2. Thanks Budd! I used to play Solitaire before going to bed. Now I click on cult ads at Craigslist.
    (I notice Boston doesn't have the cheesy "Study of Life" ads... lol)
  3. Anonymous Member

Thanks Bud,

I flagged them while watching TV.

Any other city need help?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

Good work, Bud!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. AnonMishka Member

Intervene and STOP the madness (Oklahoma)

Date: 2012-09-25, 7:55PM CDT Reply to: see below

Most of us know someone who is addicted to drugs and or alcohol.

Here is the Truth: In the US, there are somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 to 50 million people addicted, per government estimates. This means roughly 1 out of 5 people you meet could likely be addicted.

If you know someone who is addicted, friend, family member, self, etc., then you know that trying to help them overcome addiction can be very frustrating. The relationship is often filled with doubt, distrust, anger, hopelessness and other tough emotions. Still, help is needed due to the fact that there are only (3) ultimate outcomes for someone addicted to drugs and alcohol:

(1) Prison (2) Death (3) Effective rehabilitation leading to sobriety.

Its really that simple and serious.

Reach out for help and contact me, a Field Representative (Eddie), for a world class rehabilitational facility, so that we can get you or someone you love help and on the road to recovery. All communications are considered confidential and privacy is a focused committment to all parties involved.

Contact email: beatdrugs@gmail.com

From CL Tulsa, could this be for Narconon? I'm new to this, but thought this looked fishy.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. AnonMishka Member

I'm working on Houston now. Corey tends to post twice daily on CL. This is my personal favorite of all of his ads I've read so far. Love the reference to The Matrix. LOL:

Are you a truth seeker at heart? (Houston)

Date: 2012-09-21, 8:14PM CDT Reply to this post mtz97-3287982785@comm.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Do you like reading books about life and truths about the universe?

Do you think that you possess untapped potentials that you would like to develop?

Have you ever had "spiritual" experiences before?

Does the movie "The Matrix" touch you in an unexplained way?

Join our group. We have classes, speakers, books,and friendly people. Call 713-974-6299 : Mon-Thurs 7 PM - 10 PM, Sat-Sun 9-5.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. AnonMishka Member

Houston is done, from September 19th through today, all flagged in Groups.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Anonymous Member

Found 52 more under classes in the Tampa Bay section. The above were under groups.

Are you reporting under miscategorized or spam/posts too often? I've report some under each.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Anonymous Member

WARNING TO USERS OF MOBILE DEVICES WHO FLAG CULT ADS ON CL FOR SPAM!!

Number of ads of these types on CL is such that using one's fap hand for tapping the "Spam/Overpost" button cannot be advised, due to strain on index finger. I speak from personal experience. :(
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

Plt Cty Life Improvement Center - AKA Scientology 813-752-0148.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. anoninoob Member

I still say that there's a news article here. Anyone have an anon sympathetic reporter in their back pocket?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Katz Army Member

Bump for my noobness.

I live in Eastern WA and am from the Seattle area. There is one cult org in Spokane (my closest city) and I know there is an org or two in Seattle, but does anyone have the stats for it or is it empty like the majority of the rest of the orgs? I never hear anything in the news and there is no word on the street as far as Scion goes.

I'm ready to jump in. Where do I start? Should I make sure there are no LRH materials in my local library?
    Or, should I check them all out and then Sharpie a big huge penis on every page? I have a lot of Sharpies.

Those recent videos on the flash raid for Victoria got me all in a tizzy to make some movement.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. AnonMishka Member

Yes I've been marking them as spam/posts too often. And i agree regarding the index finger on my mobile.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

You can start by trying to organize a protest and see if any other anons are in your area.
    Protest organizing happens here: https://whyweprotest.net/community/forums/usa-west-coast.264/
    • Like Like x 4
  16. skeptic2girl Member

Awesome of you for wanting to get involved!
    I would abandon the library idea (though it's creative and amusing). I think you'll find the cult stuff isn't checked out much anyway...
    The following may sound small-time, but keep up with the latest Scientology stuff, and when Tom Cruise or Narconon come up in conversation, or where there is an opening to talk about it, be ready! :) we tend to listen intently to our friends and acquaintances, and you will help innoculate the public... who, when they hear, heaven forbid, in the future that a cousin/sister/friend has started to dabble in Scientology, the alarm bells will ring.

Also, hey, you could post a protest event here for the Seattle org (maybe drive by or walk by it first to make sure it's still open, lol, and what the hours are) -- when you post an event, there is an option at the bottom of the screen for creating a planning thread.

I am not sure if Seattle has an active Anon cell, but it's probable that someone may just be waiting for one to get started.

You only need 2 people, some cameras, and a Guy Fawkes mask.

PM me if you want to brainstorm.

Again, good for you for taking some initiative. :)
    • Like Like x 6
  17. Anonymous Member

I wouldn't check them out because any activity may lead a library to want to hold onto the cult books rather than get rid of them in their book sales and give-aways. Put flyers inside them instead in case some poor unknowing sap is reading them and doesn't yet realize Scientology is bullshit. The flyers will probably sit idle for months or years as the books collect dust, but they will function as time-release devices and make their ways into the hands of those who are potentially most at risk.

Flyering library books is a great way to get involved. Bonus points if you want to do this at multiple libraries. Double bonus points if you go back down the road to reload any books whose flyers have gone missing.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

Some of the more gung-ho OSA people take the flyers out of the books. You could make it a katz and maus game if you just keep reloading the books. For extra fun, leave notes in the books telling the OSA that you alslo put the flyers in non-Scientology books as well. That part doesn't have to be true but it will sure piss them off.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Katz Army Member

Thank ye all kindly. I will create some spiffy flyers in massive amounts with some witty OSA barbs. I will have my mom drive by the 3 orgs in Seattle and check them out for me on her way to Penzey's. I go to Spokane a couple of times a month, I'll check out the org there too. I have also been enjoying my time flagging every Craigslist Scilon ad I can find. Good times....

:I needs to find me a good mask:
    • Like Like x 5
  21. Anonymous Member

How do you report those links? My finger is already tired from calling them spam. I'd also like to explain that these are commercial adds from the clams. How do I do that?
    • Like Like x 2
  22. The Wrong Guy Member

From page two of this thread:

• Like Like x 2
  23. Anonymous Member

All these are still up.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

I noticed that, too.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. 10/2-10/11: Anxiety? (Seattle, WA)

Date: 2012-10-03, 1:10PM PDT
    Reply to this post 4bwjq-3309210581@event.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Do you feel anxious a lot of the time? Do you have a hard time relaxing?
    Would you like to find ways to create the life you deserve?
    Its definitely possible to have a happy, fulfilling life where you can achieve your goals and be rid of the constant worry and doubt!

We can help you! Our non-profit organization has groups composed
    of great people who are here for the same reason as you: to end the anxiety and start living.

We hold classes and seminars weekly, on most days.

Give Cheri a call to find out more information! (206) 284-0604
    • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    PostingID: 3309210581

Just flagged this Seattle ad. Phone is Seattle Org
  26. Budd Member

YOU FOUND THE CARD got me started back when.
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=ie7&q=you found the card&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7LENN_enUS466US466
    Just print some little flyers that fit six or eight on a page, and put them in library books. List www.XENU.net and other good informative references. If the patrons see them, they'll get it. If the librarians see them, they'll get it. Either way, we win.

If you plan a raid/protest/picket, call the police department and ask what the law/rule is for masks, signs, demonstrations, radios/noise, number of people, etc. You do not want to go to jail. Also, do NOT block a driveway or entrance, or sit/rest/stop on someone else's property.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

Not sure how many times a post needs to be flagged to be taken down.
    You could also put up an ad in the same section, pointing out the posts arevfrom Scientology and what their actual motives are.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

I sent his complaint form into Ebay regarding some ads in the community section.

Many ads in the Seattle community area have the telephone number 206-947-0966, and the address of 300 West Harrison St., Seattle, WA 98119. This address is the Seattle Church of Scientology, this link to the church shows their address:
    http://www.scientology-seattle.org/
    These 18 ads offer counseling assistance for divorce, anger,etc., but they never mention that it is the Church of Scientology that is sponsoring these classes.
    I feel it is a misrepresentation for them to conveniently omit the name of their church in these ads.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  30. Anonymous Member

I don't know how others feel, but if Scientology wants to advertise their church and their classes (without overposting!), CL and Ebay probably would allow it. But to me it's the hiding of who they really are that's the problem. Many people already have a religion, or none, and are deeply opposed to being proselitized. If they would be honest about their "church" (cough, cough) upfront, I would let it go, but them trying to trick people into their orgs is not right to me.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  31. Anonymous Member

First you people don't want Scientology to call itself a church or religion and now you do?
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Anonymous Member

Just checked. Not all of them, but just part of them.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

^^^ I flagged them again.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

Tricking people to listen to your scriptures is not cool.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Anonymous Member

They aren't scriptures, they are just part of a scam to rip off people's money.
    • Like Like x 2
  36. Clusterdux Member

Who are "we people"? Anons as a whole very rarely agree on anything. The things we do agree on is usually pretty self-evident shit.
    Personally I find it pointless to argue what is or isn't a church. CoS just shouldn't get any tax benefits because they are not RUN as a charity but rather as a scam.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  37. Random guy Member

Most of these are still up. Give Bud a helping hand here, will you folks?
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  39. Budd Member

My little routine, YMMV:
    1. click the offending post title
    2. click "spam/overpost"
    3. Backspace
    4. Tab Tab
    5. Enter
    6. click "spam/overpost"
    7. Backspace
    8. Tab Tab
    9. Enter
    r i n s e a n d r e p e a t
    • Like Like x 2
  40. Budd Member

MY FAVORITE AD:
    Attend FREE - Financial Seminar (Ocala)

Are your finances ruining you? Are you ready to overcome financial stress and willing to put forth the effort to do so? Then you need to attend this FREE seminar on Tuesday.

Did you know that Scientology has formulas that work to help you overcome financial stress, achieve financial security, and increase prosperity in your life. Well, now you know. And this information is available to you. Use it, and you will be able to easily solve your financial troubles.

All are welcome to attend a free seminar at the Scientology Mission of Ocala. Call for dates and times.

Ask for Jennifer or Chris at 352-390-xxxx.

If they think they had financial problems before, just wait till they get into Co$!!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2