Customize

Tax Status of Marty?

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by avideogameplayer, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Tax Status of Marty?

With mr. Marty being the center of attention around here as of late, it got me thinking:

- What's his tax status for running his 'Independent Scientologists'?
    - How did he get it?
    - Is he somehow riding the 501(c) status as the corporate office (the one Davey is currently running into the ground with Anons help)?
    - If Marty is riding the 501(c) status, does Davey know? Does he even care? Does the IRS care?
    - And what can Anon do to exploit any info?

Sorry for all the questions, but I think it had to be brought up...

Thanks for your attention.

(Mods, please move if necessary, thanks!)
  2. subgenius Member

Re: Tax Status of Marty?

Interesting question.
    I'm guessin' he's just reporting as a person and business to avoid all the shit.
  3. Re: Tax Status of Marty?

Anyway to find out?
  4. Anonymous Member

Good questions.

Doesn't Marty need to get 501(c) approval before he can claim he is exempted from paying taxes?
  5. Re: Tax Status of Marty?

Any EXES around to help?
  6. Anonymous Member

If Marty is not tax exemption now, I'm sure he will be in the near future. He has stated interest for such on his blog. He knows of the Dennis Erlich, "inFormer ministry" being awarded church status, and tax exemption; and all you has to really do is follow the template of Erlich's tax-exempt application that is online here.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-...rs-i-want-lrh-status-dox-61246/2/#post1156067

[COMPLETE FILING - large]

inFormer_Ministry_complete_unabridged_IRS_1023_public_disclosure.pdf

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-leaks-legal/leak-erlich-irs-i-want-lrh-status-dox-61246/

From these documents, it seems like almost any bipolar person with these pretentious delusions of grandeur could con the IRS into tax exemption.
  7. timthephoto Member

should we care less?

just asking
  8. JohnnyRUClear Member

Don't we always? :)
  9. Re: Tax Status of Marty?

I suggest to go after Yogha teachers too as it is known certian yogha can cure Dislexia, Asthma, Skinrash Allergies...........

Holy shit that's the Scientology dianetics list. Those fucking Yogis are all secret Scientologists !!!
  10. Smurf Member

So you're saying we should end our focus on protesting the abuses of an insane cult to harass a mindfucked relic who has a penchant for rewriting history?
  11. LocalSP Member

It's called Multitasking.
  12. Smurf Member

If anons want to multi-task, getting more anons to show up for protests is in order.
  13. Anonymous Member

With all due respect sir anon is not your personal army. We has no leaders and we troll whoever we please.

Martey is an assfucker and it's, also lulzy, also cocks.
  14. Smurf Member

With all due respect, sir, requesting more anons to show up for protests has nothing to do with NYPA.

Probably is to you because you're one of the lazy keyboard warriors. Cocks and everything else. :)
  15. Anonymous Member

That's precisely what NYPA is about. That's the difference between an anon and an OG.
  16. Anonymous Member

This would be my bet. He has not established a church (yet), but is offering [STRIKE]religious[/STRIKE] business services at his "shack" which he would need to pay taxes on.
  17. Re: Tax Status of Marty?

If Marty is guilty of tax evasion (we assume no type of Scientology is really a religion) there's a case for going after that.

So long as Marty behaves himself, does not claim unfair tax exemption, [strike]does not pretend he can cure cancer[/strike] and does not do other nasties like the CO$ we should leave him alone.

Remember Marty helps people exit from a seriously abusive environment, the CO$ and provides them with a place that is far less harmful.

There's the chance Marty's followers will use the tech instead of scientific medicine for cancer, Marty encourages use of the tech as well as scientific medicine but how his followers actually behave is anyone’s guess. Marty's followers are discouraged from reading or hearing both sides which prevents them from applying the scientific method as they should. Any type of Scientology auditing is likely to be harmful.

Many contributors complain that Rathbun should become Marty the Martyr, he should expose stuff that will break Scientology and send him to prison for a long time. Either Marty isn’t brave enough for martyrdom, (most people aren’t as brave as that) or he doesn’t know stuff that would break Scientology. What Marty and Mike Rinder have exposed weakened Scientology seriously.

We should certainly concentrate on fighting the CO$ as abuse is far worse there.
  18. Anonymous Member

Stay focused on the thread. The entirety of WWP is about the cult. Why can't we has lulz with Martey? A bet the fucker is evading taxes. He is ruining lives too.
  19. Re: Tax Status of Marty?

Why do you talk as a lawyer ?

20. Re: Tax Status of Marty?

Your statement lacks logical flow of argumentation.
  21. Anonymous Member

What he does as far as 'helping' people with their auditing is between him and his clients. He does everything under the table without contract, and asks for a suggested amount for donations. Not sure what exactly he would is doing that is illegal, although it does budge up agasit the line as a business not unlike what a lot of other organizations do.
  22. Anonymous Member

Is that because I don't kiss Marty's ass like you do?
  23. Nancy Beazley Member

Who, seriously, who on this board would give a rat's ass about Marty's tax filing status?
  24. Anonymous Member

Because OG's are educated?
  25. Anonymous Member

it would be interesting to know how much money people are Paying (ooh- donating- not) to be Serviced by Mar-tay and his partner in crime, Mosey.

he has that "donate" button ...how much money is really being sent to him?
    how was he able to afford to buy that new house? does the lady who sells the cheezy kinkaid paintings have that much money?
  26. Anonymous Member

oh hai, Mar-tay.
  27. Anonymous Member

what are your FELONIES?
  28. Smurf Member

Marty has spoken of being left an inheritance when he was still IG in the cult. He has also admitted to taking $$ from people for auditing them. I doubt Karen had anything to do with paying for Marty's house.
  29. Anonymous Member

some people are leaving Mar-tay's Independent movement and are having sum not nice tings to say.

unsatisfied customers?
  30. Anonymous Member

well, if he has this big inheritance, why is he always soliciting donations????

i don't believe that he has very much monies left from that. usually when you leave scn, you leave broke.
  31. eddieVroom Member

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Worths-Income-Tax-Guide-Ministers/dp/1934233048/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1290222067&sr=1-3]Amazon.com: Worth's Income Tax Guide for Ministers (9781934233047): Beverly J. Worth: Books[/ame]
  32. OTBT Member

Links please.
  33. Anonymous Member

Marty Rathbun | Caliwog's Blog

at this point, it is more of a critique by many that Marty does not allow any truly independent thinking on his blog.
  34. Nancy Beazley Member

Such a funny thread. And it's not even Thursday.
  35. xenubarb Member

Keep trying to drive that wedge, faggot!
  36. Anonymous Member

Ever hear of people who think they never have enough money? Ask Donald Trump that question.
  37. Anonymous Member

you have an absolutely valid point.

the question/problem of having some sort of sense of what it is to have enough. being that mar-tay is putting himself in the position of being some sort of spiritual avatar (puke) his persistence in going for the monies by again preying on the vulnerable certainly puts him in the category of an unrepentant charlatan and fraud.
  38. Anonymous Member

39. Re: Tax Status of Marty?

The CO$ is trying to create divisions between us and Marty in the hope that we'll ruin each other. I can’t see us ruining each other, but I can see us weakening each other and I’m sure the CO$ will step in and do everything they can to make any enmity between us and Marty worse.

Therefore we should be extra careful before we go for Marty.
  40. Anonymous Member

I believe that's what Marty not CoS does all by himself and is dramatizing shit. Every time someone's viewpoint does not match his on the blog, he's quick to label them as trolls or OSA who are only trying to cause issues between the groups. He seems to thrive on it. He lets the nasty comments through so that he's pack dogs can attack the "offender" with claims of weakening the cause and getting us all against each other. Try it.....make a comment that is in conflict to how he feels about a topic and watch the reaction.