Customize

tear gas

Discussion in 'Protest Advice' started by k364, Jul 18, 2009.

1. i was trying to think of a way to stop the tear gas and came up with a solution.

put tear gas can in a wet blanket. put it in a plastic bag. close the bag tight enough to cut off the air.

come to the protest ready with a wet blanket in a plastic bag.
  2. tear gas solution won't work

i discussed this with a friend who was in the military. he said the plastic bag would melt as the tear gas can is extremely hot.
  3. Ray Murphy Member

How big are the teargas canisters?
    Can you get close enough with a mask to cover them with a metal bowl?
    Would the emission of gas blow a lightweight metal bowl away?
  4. TsuDhoNimh Member

About the size of a beer can.

If you get there fast, they are just starting to spew the gas. You can see people kicking them out of the streets into the sewers.

It's possible to pick them up (with gloves on) and throw/launch them back at the launch site, dump them in a sewer, or as someone suggested, drop a wet WOOLEN cloth on them. Wool because it doesn't burn well.

A fireproof - heavy welder's leather or asbsetos-lined - sling used by someone who knew how to throw could send the gas right back. And slings are easy to make and hide. Hard to use at first.

5. Ray Murphy Member

[Tear gas canisters]

I wonder if anyone could manufacture 'chainmail' -- the metal-ring protective clothing material that was worn by knights in the past. If so, then a few of the protestors could carry a piece of it (covered with heavy wool) to throw over a canister.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_(armour)