Customize

Telegraph Blog: Anti-Scientologists post link to website 'predicting ...

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by orly, Jan 3, 2009.

1. orly Member

Telegraph Blog: Anti-Scientologists post link to website 'predicting ...

Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible

Noticed this on Google News, it's from some guy who blogs for the Telegraph.

PS: THANKS FOR WRITING THAT MICHAEL.
  2. Re: Telegraph Blog: Anti-Scientologists post link to website 'predicting ...

Yeh right michael... nice one.

Its funny cos at first he sounds like he's panning us, but then it seems he is on our side. The Telegraph have been mighty good to us today
  3. Re: Telegraph Blog: Anti-Scientologists post link to website 'predicting ...

Ive had fun in the comments and have spoken to the journalist in question
  4. Vir Member

Re: Telegraph Blog: Anti-Scientologists post link to website 'predicting ...

Ghoulish? He hasn't seen the CCHR and the Westboro Baptist Church. Now there's two ghoul groups.

Here's one of the ghouls, at another protest:
    3161428844_4477b2a7ef.jpg
    Kelly Preston?

Ironic, isn't it?
  5. TheBitch Member

There; fix'd.

That's why none of this is exploitative. The Travoltas are in fact, $cilontologically speaking, soldiers in a literal battle to "clear the planet." She marches in CCHR protests and uses every bit of her celebrity to promote denying EVERYBODY (not just her kid) appropriate psychiatric care, and you guys want to play pattycake when a woman reportedly known among friends as "the ice queen," may well have killed her son.

Westboro Baptists are ALL going to burn in motherfukin Hell, but you have to admire their media success in shaping resistance to political change. Jett's mom is the $cilon equivalent of Westboro Baptist, and if some kid shot up a high school she would be a celeb talking head on Larry King for CCHR saying, "Ritalin made him do it!"

These are not non-combatants. The public may not get that, but the fucking reality is plain as day.
  6. mudkipstoat23 Member

Damian Thompson's a pretty good journo, all told. I read his book The End Of Time a few years back (about millenialism and apocalyptic religion), which was very good.

I have to admit, the first paragraph had me all like "WTF? Ghoulishly? Et fucking tu, Thompson?"

Then he pulled it out of the bag.
  7. Vir Member

Against them. They motivate action against them. Westboro motivates bikers, gay activists, military families, church groups and Anonymous against them, even creating special legislation to fuck with Westboro. CCHR motivates mental health support groups and Anonymous. The CCHR had some success in the past, but I wonder if that has been negated yet.
  8. TheBitch Member

Force is force. Motivating political action against them may well (does in reality) serve SOMEBODY's interests. We used to be a lot moar savvy about recognizing that the application of pressure to achieve a goal need not be direct. Not tinfoiling and saying someone is running Westboro as an operation, but it's or damn sure $cilons are running CCHR as one.

Just because we're exposing the front group, doesn't mean we're anywhere near exposing the uses (self-referrals as good guys and "experts") they put the influence the once had to good use. That whole thing about Women in Criminal Justice Committee that advised Congress with $cilons on it, or whatever it is (ling someone pl0x), is all about how they use distancing themselves from their front groups to effect a political goal.

If I were Miscavige and had a bankroll, and if I were clever as I am instead of him as he is (stone cold dumb but clevah like a fox with rabies), I'd have made damn sure there were reasonably well financed ZEALOTS out there domestically for people to hate before they got to me and mine.

Getting away from the subject, but it illustrates a point. If you're new and just joining this discussion, cast aside disbelief for awhile and accept that what sounds now to you like something out of a Frederick Forsythe novel is in fact the very strange way things $cientological actually work. It springs from the dogma and the reality that it's all penny-dreadful science fiction, and so their actions sound so unbelievable as to make people think we're exaggerating or having a little joke.

Wish it were true. Sorry, it's not.
  9. Plups Member

10. Vir Member

Belive me, I have considered the possibility that Westboro Baptist Chruch could have been a "false flag" operation run by gay activists, or just for the lulz, but my conclusion so far is that they probably either are for real (assuming simple stupidity before complicated plots) or are a bunch of lawyers testing free speech laws and aiming to get rich on lawsuits against those they provoke.

The latter two options are not mutually exclusive.

I don't think the CCHR is anything but what they appear to be - a Scientology front group used to attack mental health and clear the way for Scientology. They were kinda allowed to operate without everyone knowing they were Scientology, but that has changed now. I think we're looking at an organization which has failed to adapt to its environment; not one which was created for the purpose of failing, but one which fails because its purpose is perverted and recognized as such by people who learn about them.
  11. mrfyde Member

I am glad you put the video and the picture right next to each other, I think most people know who the woman in the picture is but maybe for the people who have been passing by we should explain it is Travolta's wife Kelly Preston.
  12. Mutante Member

Westboro Baptist - false flag almost certainly but the people waving their hate banners are for real. If you want to make a false flag attack realistic you bankroll people who really are fucking nuts. They're not clever actors.

CCHR - another CST/RTC smokescreen. As a proportion of our time, only a fraction is spent talking about the dirty money and the 'network of influence' side of Scientology. The orgs, the brainwashed members, the fair game, CCHR, ALL of it is deception and distraction.
  13. Vir Member

If the people doing it are for real, and they started it, then it's hardly false flag right?

And CCHR is part of their network of influence. One that is being exposed more and more, thank goodness.
  14. AnonKiwi Member

The comments need more dox. Someone is calling out anonymous and saying we can't prove scientology doesn't believe in autism.
  15. Mutante Member

16. whoever Member

I regret that I can't provide any dox. The thing is, many of Scientology's worst features are not spelled out in prescriptive text. For instance, I don't think you will find any explicit directive that medical treatment should be avoided, yet many ex-Scientologists have stated that they were strongly discouraged from seeking medical care and encouraged to instead have auditing or go to a chiropractor. Despite the hundreds of tons of writings from Hubbard, it seems to me that much of the day-to-day practice of Scientology is not explicitly written down.

The CoS's attitude is also implicit in the many "success" stories they publish, with people saying "I had xxxx medical problem and auditing cleared it up!"

I know that one ex-Scientologist's story is not much in terms of dox, but Tory Christman has often detailed how she was instructed not to take her medication for epileptic seizures while she was in.
  17. subgenius Member

(To the media) ITSS: Its the seizures stupid.
  18. basil Member

Might also be worth our journalistic visitors watching the anonymous parody video of the actual music on the "Road to Freedom" Scientology CD

Especially the "Why worship death" song that goes "Death is only an invention... to rid the universe of life... it hasn't, and it's a failed device"