Customize

Texas Scilon resolution updated! GOP platform

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by anonymoushouston, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Texas Scilon resolution updated! GOP platform

Hello all,
    I have given much thought to the Texas resolution to regard Co$ as a business, and have come up with this new spiffy revision, to be presented on the state level, to a platform committee. soon. I decided to replace "in the state of Texas", with "in the USA" so it can move on to the national convention in September.

"WHEREAS the Church of Scientology is considered an official religious organization in the United States of America,
    BE IT RESOLVED that the Church of Scientology, and all organizations affiliated with the Church of Scientology, be officially regarded as a business and not as a religious organization in the United States of America."

Just wondering if I should pluralize business and organization in the last part since I included "and all organizations affiliated with the Church of Scientology". I'm a bit rusty on proper grammar.

Also any info or documentation anyone can link to this thread regarding Co$ doing business things as opposed to religious things would be very helpful. Namely documentation of the "Freeloaders Bill", auditors receiving commissions for their sale of services or books, and anything else Co$ has done to act as a for-profit business. Thanks!

Operation Sea ARRRGH - AnonHouston
  2. voiceless849 Member

Re: *update* Texas republican party resolution for June.

WTF is this? I'm lost. Texas is preparing a Republican party resolution against Scientology?
  3. Re: *update* Texas republican party resolution for June.

Yes, the state Convention will be at GRB Convention Center in Houston, same day as Sea Arrrgh vs Sea Org global protest. Anyone who wants to join up with the Houston group at GRB center is welcome! :)

A delegate for Texas will submit a resolution for the Republican party platform to regard the Co$ as a business.

Saturday June 14th. 10:30- 4:00.

Operation Sea ARRRGH - AnonHouston
  4. Hieronymous Member

Re: Texas Scilon resolution updated!

can't spell anonymous without "you"

you is awesome
  5. Re: Texas Scilon resolution updated!

DO IT
  6. indeedindeed Member

There's a jpg on whyileftscientology.com from Ruth Lorenzen with an apparent Scientology document where it says:

To me this indicates that "donation" is just a word, how could there otherwise be such a thing as "yet to donate"? I'm not sure about "sliding scale", but maybe it means you have to pay less? Wouldn't make sense either, if it is about donating.

it's the first link on Why I Left Scientology: A personal story by Ruth Lorenzen ("Click to see invoice and payment")

It's awesome that you keep going! Can you say any more about how these technicalities worked out for Galveston county? If I remember correctly, you mentioned them once. But I don't have to know, just curiosity.
  7. Re: Texas Scilon resolution updated!

Thanks for the link!

The original resolution has already been adopted into the Galveston County Republican Party platform, and cannot be contested until 2010 (Galveston County GOP Resolution 162, Resolution issue IX- resolutions regarding religion).

The revision of this resolution will next be pushed up to the state level. After it passes up to the state, I will lobby for it to go up to the national level, but this part will take more than just my efforts. This is where everyone will need to do their part to contact their representatives and inform them of this new Texas Republican Platform standard.
  8. ANON E MOOSE Member

You realise a squad of goons with assault rifles is probably being sent to your home by now. Consider at this moment you are potentially one of the single greatest threats scientology has ever faced.

TL;DR

Be CAREFUL.
  9. Re: Texas Scilon resolution updated!

Good thing I live in Texas then ;)
  10. Re: Texas Scilon resolution updated!

We'll be manning the harpoons for when you need them.

Also, BE CAREFUL. The Scientologists are desperate and insane.
  11. Drums of War Member

Very sweet. In layman's terms, does this mean that at the moment they do pay taxes in Texas, or will this be introduced on a later date?
  12. Re: Texas Scilon resolution updated!

Well, technically Texas does not have a state tax, and the IRS does not affiliated with the Republican party. This action with the GOP is more of a PR tool to raise awareness about the fraud of Co$ on a governmental level, and also to act as a stepping stone for bigger things to happen in the future.
  13. Anon1720 Member

You should PM TorontoSP. He did a lot of this work in Canada and could probably help out.
  14. meatpopsicle Member

15. ravenanon Member

Do it!
  16. Re: Texas Scilon resolution updated!

He lives in Texas.

Castle laws. :mrgreen:

Just sayin'.
  17. Samuel Hughes Member

The original resolution sucked because it debated an arbitrary definition of religion that can (and has been) easily cloaked.

The money-handling point IS the key, as I see you realized. Be sure to note the complex handling of money through profit and not-for-profit entities (recent affadavit outlining their religious cloaking and tax evasion through laundering), commissions on book sales, all the stats driven by regging, coercion to go into debt, etc..

It isn't hard, just a matter of backing it up ...
  18. mko Member

Re: Texas Scilon resolution updated! GOP platform

This must proceed.

DO IT MAGGOT
  19. plaguedoctor Member

There's no state income tax in Texas, but it would open up the way for them to start paying property taxes (and, judging by the location of the org in Austin, they have some pretty sweet property...)
  20. Mouseyhair Member

Wait, we have upper level lawfags?

Awesome. \m/
  21. Top Grunge Member

Duh, think our Marcab fleet Masters don't have their claws, or talons, or tentacles, or whatever their appendages are supposed to be, in every level of everything?
  22. Weapon Member

just use the BFG
  23. Dr.McNinja Member

FUCK>>>>YES!!!!!!!!!

This RAWKS!!1!1!!

I will never criticize Texas EVER again. You see this OSA? Texas is coming to put it in your pooper.
  24. Jugular Member

Thank fucking god you are on top of this.

Thank you so much.
  25. Danilov Member

This is excellent... we IowAnons might just have to use a bit of this argument if our plans to meet with Sen Grassley work out :D
  26. Anonyknit Member

Also (if I'm reading houston's replies right), anons with guns. :whistle:
  27. eksef Member

"Go ahead, make my day, scientology" - Texas
  28. admiral_caek Member

nope. Anonymous is not affiliated with physical harm, violence, or threats of violence. You seem to misunderstand.

Texas law is very tough on anyone that would threaten the safety of someone else's residence. That is all.
  29. GIR Member

As I understand it, the new castle law states that a person with a concealed handgun license is permitted to shoot to kill under certain conditions. Mostly involving being in fear for your life at home, near your car, or at work. This also applies to unconcealed weapons in your home as well.

So if a random Texanon were to come home and find a menacing figure in her home, she could use any sort of legal weapon at her disposal to defend her life if she had reason to fear for it. Without legal reprimand (minus perhaps a general police investigation)

(Edit: This does apply to both sexes)

I'm not 100% certain, so I should probably look that up soon...
  30. LRonAnon Member

WTF -- AnonHou NEVER said ANYTHING 'bout no gun, he said TEXAS > Live > glad. This does not equate to I will shoot you with a gun or any other threat, even in defense.

It simply means he is happy to live in the land of free and all that represents..

Quit with gun tawk, period.
  31. Re: Texas Scilon resolution updated! GOP platform

If I feel that someone is theatening harm in my home, car, or work, I do NOT have to retreat, I CAN respond with deadly force per Texas law. And my hands are quite enough, thank you.
  32. A_nonchalant Member

There are Anons in regular contact with Congress-critters. I know of one Anon who saw 4 of them in the last month - couldn't slip Co$ onto the agenda, but the opening is there if/when Co$ fucks up big enough. Seriously, seriously just waiting for a footbullet that's epic enough.

AnonymousHouston - fucking awesome, man. Keep up on it! :alien:
  33. Re: Texas Scilon resolution updated! GOP platform

I'll be there. I can't believe I'm going to a fucking GOP event.
  34. Re: Texas Scilon resolution updated! GOP platform

You Sir are made of Epic Win

our collective resolve is with you

Thank You Anonymous
  35. Re: Texas Scilon resolution updated! GOP platform

tl;dr

Name the CoS parent companies, RTC and the.. Spiritual Tech one, whatever it's called.
  36. ReadPHNX Member

If this passes for the state of Texas, I will personally contact Illinois republicans every stinking day until one of them is willing to do this in IL. One state at a time we can slowly make the changes that are needed to tax the cult and get them viewed as a business.

Now we need some DEMfags to get to work.
  37. Re: Texas Scilon resolution updated! GOP platform

from what I gathered from the last go around, it is a declaration of policy, not actually a law. From there, once they've adopted it into the "agenda", they can then bring it up to congressional meetings. So, it will take a while for any real win, but we gotta fight to make it happen. long and strong. just like anon.
  38. anon902503 Member

I'll attempt to submit the same resolution through another unnamed state's Democratic Party convention. Excellent idea, btw.
  39. Puddlewhite Member

As much as i love enturbulating scilons on the streets, this right here is what will actually bring down the cult. Keep up the good work, we need more bookworms on our side :D
  40. Anon Y. Mouse Member

This sounds like it is going to be miraculous. Thank you, Texfags.