Customize

The Acting Center LA: Scientology's Acting School for children

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smurf, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Smurf Member

2. FUCK Member

Re: Scientology's Acting School for children

raid this shit. children don't deserve to be exposed to this awful crap.
  3. whoever Member

Ha. They're still advertising something they did in November.

classeshowtodressjj7.jpg
  4. Delta Member

I like how every single "celebrity" mentioned is a cultie.
  5. basil Member

Funny how they 'forget' Kirstie Alley in that list.
  6. CantPickaName Member

there was no room for her
  7. zebrafaced Member

I lol'd.
  8. Re: Scientology's Acting School for children

Well, they lost Milton. I guess they figure they need to start 'em YOUNG.

I love how Erika Christensen's five listed credits include "Flightplan". She was in the movie for 2 seconds and had one line.
  9. randomanon Member

Last time I checked Nicole Kidman is not a Scientologist. In fact, her father is a psychologist and she bailed away from that moron tom cruise faster than a fat kid being thrown a can of slimfast.
  10. Relyt Member

So, how does this front group indoctrinate kids into Scientology? What are the classes like? Do they force stress tests or any kind of Scientology tech into them? I don't know anything about this one, so I'm wondering if anyone has any solid information, proof that this group uses Scientology to get people to join Scientology.
  11. whatwhat Member

Domain admin contact is Tamra Meskimen, OT8. I imagine they just control-over-MEST in acting skills with super powers.
  12. Relyt Member

You can fire as many harpoons as you like, you just have to know what you're talking about.
  13. Anonynamefag Member

i see what you did thar
  14. Throe Member

I agree with Relyt on this one. What do they actually do? More info is needed.
  15. none given Member

16. Smurf Member

I know two of the instructors there (who are all Scilons). Like the Beverly Hills Playhouse, it is a recruiting tool for the cult. It is geared toward child actors using Hubbard Tech.

The parents are pressured to take cult courses & processing to help direct & manage their children in their showbiz careers. The agent representing most of the children through the school is Gay Ribisi (Giovanni & Marissa's mom). The entire Ribisi family are active Scilons, and of course, Marrisa is married to Beck.
  17. mrfyde Member

This type of thing that parents put their kids thru ticks me off even when it isn't related to a cult.

(Yes I am still bitter about being the only boy in my class forced to take piano lessons)
  18. AngryGayPope1 Member

I like how the website is simple

They are running of time, money and webmasters. Any time you see Ann Archer prominently displayed it's CULT time! She is the mom of cult spokesman ... Tommy Davis.
  19. Battletoads Member

HAHHAHAHAH YOU FUCKING FAGGOT!!!
  20. Smurf Member

Re: I like how the website is simple

Don't go picking on my future husband now, homo.
  21. Relyt Member

Is there a way we can warn any parents who might have signed their children up to this school?
  22. whoever Member

Stand outside with signs?
  23. Relyt Member

Re: The Acting Center LA: Scientology's Acting School for children

I meant in the form of 'poons, but eh that might work as well.
  24. mrfyde Member

I have heard that before

still hurtz tho
  25. none given Member

Show biz is rough at best.
    The teachers will not let themselves be associated with the cult that has trashed so many careers.
    If the school is just run by a scilon or two and they get picketed they may distance themselves, publicly from CoS.
    If it is owned and operated by CoS then it is as good a target as an org.
    I'ts up to you locals but this is just a flashraid w/ extra lulz.

/r/ costumes and signs should inform the parents but not scar the kids.
  26. Dominique Member

I studied at the Acting Center. No mention of Scientology came up, except in the use of the Tone Scale, which lists various emotions, which they give to actors to practice as an emotion. They tell people it's from Scientology but make clear they do not want to make anyone practitioners. Never felt any of that pressure.

The training was good with a new approach. The people were very nice and the founder is a very intelligent man. Didn't know he was a Scientologist until after I left. But I did find their recruitment was a little pushy (much like Scientology)--they strongly discouraged me from attending any other school and claiming their approach was the truth. Their approach is useful in that it doesn't include critique and consists of many drills. I would definitely recommend it to some people. It was useful to a new actor, and, like I said, no Scientology recruitment.

But in hindsight, there was something weird about the place. It was like people had social and personal barriers, now I realized it could be many of them were in their own Scientology worlds. But I think everyone there meant well.

Don't know about their children's courses.
  27. Zorro in LA Member

As a theatre grad student, this seriously burns me. In general Scientologist celebrities know jack-fucking-shit about acting. They know how to manage stage presence maybe, but there are no more than a handful of truly good Scientologist actors out there. Especially among the younger ones. This is because being a good actor involves being able to translate REAL life experience into IMAGINED life experiences in front of an audience. How the fuck is an 19-25 year old Scientologist able to to translate the absurdity of their real life into art? To date there is really only one.

Beck.

And he's not even an actor. But he is able to tap into the batshit crazy world he grew up in and turn out music reflective of it. This is why I don't think Beck will ever blow. Scientology absurdity fuels his career.

TLDR;

Fuck Scientology acting schools. Better off learning from Keannu Reeves.
  28. The Shadow Member

Yea, Zorro. Sound the rAidz horn!
  29. I agree with you making children work for movies is shit. Help them in studying and if they are interested in acting you can guide them to join classes in holidays. And you can find such classes in acting corps. It is good if your child wants to learn acting and earning through it at such tender age is bad for their psychology.
  30. JohnnyRUClear Member

Since this thread's just been necro'd, I will add this:

classeshowtodressjj7-jpg.33718.jpg
    Take a look at that list of stars:

Jennifer Lopez
    Tom Cruise
    Beck
    Lisa Marie Presley
    Nicole Kidman
    Leah Remini

All of them used to be gloat fodder for the cult. Now? Not quite so much. LMP, Kidman, and Remini have all departed and they aren't coming back. Plus JLo is BFFs with Remini and continues to pal around with her at least up to Remini's very recent SP declare from the cult. If she doesn't disconnect now, she'll be showing her real allegiance is to homo sapiens, not homo novis. (JLo has never been a hard-core Scilon anyway, but has spoken positively about Scientology in the past.)

So the score is 3/6 gone for sure, and 1 more flirting with departure. And that's all in about 1 decade. Now take a look at the list of the first 50 or 100 "clears" and see where they ended up over the decades. I see a strong trend.
  31. Hey!

I also know one famous instructor Eugene Buica who helps children in their acting skills. And he is one of the reputed teacher in Acting corps. He has trained many actors.
  32. I was told by my actors mentor to go to the Actors centre in LA ...I hated it and found the teachers to be very creepy. I spent $3000 on Private lessons to go through the levels faster only to find I was confused by what they teach and this school is run by Scientology which is a cult. DONT WAST YOUR MONEY .
  33. Random guy Member

People still advice that?
  34. RightOn Member

What did your lessons consist of? What do you mean go through the levels faster? Were they teaching Scientology?
    Who is the mentor?
  35. The Acting Center LA: Scientology's Acting School for children

Here's another cult recruiting tool to lure children & their parents into the cult. How many moms think their kids are the next big movie actor/actress?

Note: No mention of L. Ron Hubbard or Scientology.
  36. As the kid/teen instructor I can honestly say we do NOT teach any Scientology principles. I myself am not a scientologist, and about half our staff are not scientologists either. We are an acting school that teaches acting skills and a solid technique to our students. We have a variety of students from different religions, political views, creeds, etc. some of whom are involved in the church-but that is their business. We are less concerned about someone's beliefs and more concerned about teaching them how to be natural, believable, WORKING actors.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  37. anon8109 Member

Doubtful. A previous poster alluded to the "tone scale" being used.

Scientology calls itself a religion but it is set up as a corporation with the CEO David Miscavige controlling billions of dollars and living like a Saudi prince.

One thing you can bet on is that if "homo novis" (that's how the cult members like to think of themselves) are involved in a school then the scientology company is behind the scenes controlling it. This means that the school is furthering the company's goals of recruiting actors into the cult when they're young.
    • Like Like x 2
  38. Why do you work where half the staff are Scientologists?
  39. I work there because I have studied there for 6 years and it has given me a technique that is not only very effective, but also very thorough. And yes, the tone scale is used as an emotions reference only and only in the adult classes. But it is made clear from the beginning where it comes from and how we are only using it in the study of emotions, nothing more. As an actor there are so many "schools" that just take your money and don't really teach you anything, it's just a teacher giving you their opinion on your work. It's stupid because unless they are in the casting room offering me a job, why do I care about their opinion?! This school gives you over 300 exercises that strengthen the actual skills of acting and teaches you a whole new approach to working with scripts. Besides that, the founders and other staff members are all wonderful people. Choosing to not work or attend classes at a facility because a few people are a different religion than me is discrimination. And I do not discriminate. Life is too short and there are too many great people out there to waste a minute worrying about stuff like this, in my opinion.
    Before coming to this school I didn't know anything about acting, now I'm working regularly as an actor-that's enough for me to be a fan. But it's so much more than that-I've made fabulous friendships, now I teach-kids and adults, and all of this bc of The Acting Center.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1