Customize

The antivaxers have gone full retard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Internet, Dec 7, 2015.

1. The Internet Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Internet Member

In case you did not know, vaccines are very safe. Billions are given yet serious reactions are rare.

Here is how vaccines work: Some proteins from a virus are injected into a muscle. Cells that can make antibodies against those proteins replicate so you have a bunch ready to react to a real virus when it comes your way. But not everyone makes a good antibody response and some people cannot be vaccinated. Those people will be okay so long as most everyone else is vaccinated, thanks to herd immunity.

You get vaccinated for your own sake and for the sake of humankind. Nobody who has a heart wants to be responsible for spreading a preventable disease that can disable or kill people.

In the US you aren't forced to get vaccinated. But if your children aren't vaccinated they cannot attend public school for obvious reasons.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Ann O'Nymous Member

They should use their guns to shorten their agony.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. White Tara Global Moderator

5. Ersatz Global Moderator

Children in the US are nine times more likely to die in gun accidents than in any other developed country in the world so the picture of the mother holding her child and holding a gun I find most problematic. All I can say is Darwin.
  6. Disambiguation Global Moderator

7. ideafarm Member

Take the time to see the issue from the other person's paradigm. These people see themselves (rightly) as standing for liberty.
  8. anon8109 Member

Liberty is not the right to harm others, which is what ant-vaxers are doing to their children and to the general population.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. DeathHamster Member

Anti-vaxxer zombies with guns. There's a switch on the trope.

afda86e7ed9dbd204caeab1dccca7c.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  10. The Internet Member

Certain liberties are bad. Like, liberty from facts. That is a bad liberty.

I think of that old Kinks lyric, "Paranoia the destroyer." Also, "A house divided cannot stand."

The last thing America needs right now is more fucking paranoid memes.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 3
  12. Disambiguation Global Moderator

I just had to go there. See what happens when you get too curious and JUST HAVE TO FUCKING GO THERE?
  13. The Internet Member

Gardasil stops cervical cancer. Also warts all over the vajayjay, penis, or ass. Some of those warts can turn into cancer. That is what killed Farah Fawcet Majors --ass cancer. Not a good way to go.
  14. Random guy Member

You quote that is if it is a bad thing?
  15. Amazing how so many of you are in favor of forced vaccination.
    It's almost like a cult here.. I wonder how many of you are Psyops or just ignorant.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Ersatz Global Moderator

If only there were a vaccine for stupid...
    • Like Like x 10
  17. Ohoho I bet there is, because the evidence of its existence is amazing.
  18. Ersatz Global Moderator

Clearly you don't understand how vaccines work. If there were such a vaccine I would be immune to your posts.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Random guy Member

It's not so much a matter of being for mandatory vaccination as being against vultures who feed of peoples fear and ignorance.
    • Like Like x 5
  20. Ersatz Global Moderator

^^^^This.
  21. That is an important factor, the fear mongering is very prominent on this topic.
  22. anon8109 Member

Why haven't you gone out and got the diseases that the vaccines prevent? I know you didn't because if you had you'd be cured of your anti-vaccination stance.
  23. The Internet Member

Freedom from facts is not as important as the freedom from preventable infectious diseases that can disable or kill people.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Hedorah Global Moderator

25. White Tara Global Moderator

I genuinely hope that none of the children at that school get any complications. In particular the children whose parents bothered to get their children vaccinated but have no choice on where to send the child to school due to zoning regulations.

However I have no doubt the vaccine dodger parents would be the first to blame/sue medical staff for not saving little Johnny from any unforeseen complications.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/chickenpox/basics/complications/con-20019025

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...k-healthy-girl-7-dies-suddenly-condition.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...y-boy-dies-chickenpox-caught-big-brother.html

http://www.immunize.org/reports/report031.asp

Sorry for the ghoulish links, but this shit pisses me off.
    • Like Like x 4
  26. The Internet Member

If you can avoid getting chickenpox you won't get shingles later in life.

When you have chickenpox, the virus gets into a sensory nerve, travels to a ganglion near the spinal column or brainstem, then just sits there for the rest of your life. If you are lucky

But if your immune system is weakened, the virus can replicate and travel back down the sensory nerve to your skin, causing a nasty, blistering, hella painful rash called "shingles."

A friend of mine got shingles of the eyeball. Twice. You can actually go blind from that. She paid out of pocket for the shingles vax as soon as it came out. Hopefully by bumping up her antibodies against chickenpox she won't get it again.

So parents are setting their kids up for shingles later in life when they skip the chickenpox vaccine.

What kind of parent would want to do that? The answer is, no parent. So why dey do dat? Has to be because they have heads full of wrong info about chickenpox and vaccines. So the way to fix this miserable situation with so many parents skipping vaccines is to make sure legit info is available and make sure parents can easily tell legit stuff from cranky stuff.
    • Like Like x 4
  27. The Internet Member

antivax granny with gun.jpg

Now, see, I have no problem if granny here refuses a shingles vax. She is welcome to her painful rash, as often as she pleases to endure it.

But if she does get shingles, I hope she stays home until all her open sores have healed over.
    • Like Like x 3
  28. White Tara Global Moderator

Been there Shingled that, an excruciating pain unlike anything I have ever had in my life, and there is not shit the doctors can do to alleviate it, Horrible :oops:
    FYI pregnancy is a condition that naturally reduces your immune system, who knew? Had I the chance to do over I would have updated all my vaccinations prior to becoming pregnant. Wanna go through that while pregnant? be my guest antivaxxers.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Why didn't you take vaccines while pregnant? OMG you antivaxxer!!!
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  30. RightOn Member

Actually, I just heard from a DOCTOR that getting the shingles vaccine past a certain age is totally useless.
    I THINK he said age 50 or 60. I can't remember.
  31. White Tara Global Moderator

Folly of youth, because at the time I was blissfully unaware that I was no longer covered for several things, and until I had shingles I had no idea that shingles wasn't just a disease of the elderly. Know better do better right :rolleyes:
  32. RightOn Member

had to add this vid for this thread AGAIN
    • Like Like x 3
  33. Ethics Bait Member

I think you misheard...
    http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/shingles/vacc-need-know.htm
    I got mine a few years ago, An aunt had shingles in the 1970s. so when the doc offered, I said "Yes, please."
    • Like Like x 1
  34. The Internet Member

There was a Senator, Tom Harkin (funded primarily by Herbalife), who changed the practice of medicine in the 1990-2000s. He created an NIH research program for quackery called NCCAM. And he helped write the supplement act of 1995. And he helped pressure the Institute of Medicine into mandating the teaching of CAM (Complimentary and Alternative Medicine) within US medical schools. Pretty much all med schools now have departments of Integrative Medicine. "Integrative" is the new word for CAM which was the new term for quackery.

So there are quacks in med schools teaching MDs. You gotta figure misinfo about vaccines is getting into a lot of MD heads. That is really fucked up and it won't be easy to fix.

Who can you trust if the MDs are being taught wrong stuff? Well, you can trust the science. The published, peer reviewed scientific literature is always going to be our best understanding of the facts.

MDs are supposed to represent the scientific literature accurately to patients. But science has become so specialized that it is hard for anyone to master the literature outside of a very narrow focus. So everyone, including doctors and scientists, depends upon experts who can summarize the evidence as it stands. If that evidence is not represented accurately, if certain papers are cherry picked to support some wrong idea, smart people can be fooled. This has become more of a problem now that quacks are allowed into med schools.
    • Like Like x 2
  35. The Internet Member

• Like Like x 1
  36. The Internet Member

This meme just broke my irony meter:

celebrity provaxers.jpg
    I think Dr. Ayoub is a Scientologist. And Wakefield is that low life who did a study on kids and lied about his findings in order to get a big paycheck from an attorney suing for vaccine injury.
    • Like Like x 2
  37. I take the actress on the bottom plox
  38. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  39. The Internet Member

40. DeathHamster Member

No Wordpress site there yet.