Customize

The Big Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes News Thread - Part the Second

Discussion in 'Tom and Katie' started by TinyDancer, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ima Nonymous Member

Re: The Big Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes News Thread - Part the Second

I see Oprah's also on the cover exploiting the Chris/Rihanna domestic abuse situation. "Oprah Steps In".
    I guess it's OK with Oprah if you slowly starve and poison your wife to death as seems to be the case with Katie, just as long as you don't hit her? That would be bad.
    Right then.
  2. Optimisticate Member

Point and laugh: Perez Hilton: Blast From The Past!

3. Re: The Big Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes News Thread - Part the Second

FYI:

Tom Cruise STARmeter: Down 13% in popularity this week.

Jason Beghe STARmeter: [SIZE="4"]Up 139% [/SIZE]in popularity this week.

cruisedown.jpg

Tom Cruise Cult Leader

[IMG]

Jason Beghe Hero
  4. Mooki Member

What's gonna happen to all the Scilon celebs once the Co$ gets raided by the FBI? I bet DM is gonna send them home (read: welcome back to earth) to avoid them having to be amidst the Waco-like fracas.
  5. azonymous Member

He might need to keep the Top Guns around...
  6. terryeo2 Member

Katie Forced to Diet - Life & Style COVER STORY (about the purification rundown)

In <i>Life & Style</i> now: Katie forced to diet! - Life and Style

7. Herro Member

8. Re: Katie Forced to Diet - Life & Style COVER STORY (about the purification rundown)

She looks like she might be suffering from untreated DEPRESSION.
  9. rawrz Member

Re: Katie Forced to Diet - Life & Style COVER STORY (about the purification rundown)

That's it Scientology, starve a celebrity, that will get good PR.
  10. cubby Member

Re: Katie Forced to Diet - Life & Style COVER STORY (about the purification rundown)

OMG CAN'T WE DO SOMETING TO SAVE KATIE????
  11. terryeo2 Member

LOL, just posting this in case you haven't been in a grocery store in the last week.
  12. Re: Katie Forced to Diet - Life & Style COVER STORY (about the purification rundown)

Cocks, I suck them (posted in wrong thread)
  13. Re: The Big Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes News Thread - Part the Second

A "source" claiming that the new hair for Katie was Tom Cruise and David Miscavige's idea.

Katie Holmes' Scientology Makeover | Showbiz Spy
  14. Herro Member

WHY WON'T SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!!?!?!?!???!?! FUCK THE GENOCIDE IN DARFUR, THIS IS A REAL HUMAN TRAGEDY!!!!!
  15. Consensus Member

OK! Magazine - First for Celebrity News - Tom & Katie's Baby Surprise!

lol carefully planted article, with carefully constructed photograph
    I wonder if Tom and DM realize that the more press Katie gets, the more criticism and skepticism Scientology will have to face? This is a desperate 'WE'RE NORMAL! KEEP PAYING ATTENTION TO US!' PR stunt. Unfortunately for them, paying attention and believing they're 'normal' are mutually exclusive.
  16. Optimisticate Member

We missed his birthday. He needs caek!

And he was on Eli Stone last year too? Before or after KH was on it with her "purple hands from wearing black leather gloves all day" look? How much punishment did she take for that?
  17. RavenEyes Member

With Beghe's popularity increasing, it begs the question.... is it time for a JB Situation Room yet?
  18. Mooki Member

19. Optimisticate Member

20. Mooki Member

21. rummychick99 Member

22. gizmogirl Member

23. rummychick99 Member

It didn't help that he was parading his wife around while looking like she was about to die...with no makeup and fingernail polish barely on one hand, etc. ..showing everyone that he is a nutcase and she is a barely living zombie.

At least DM wizened up and had Tom spend a fortune on her before walking the red carpet. She did look great - except for the outfit. Amazing what a many thousands of dollars can do for you overnight.

I wonder if DM is having sex with Katie so that a baby can be spawned and that is the reason for the camping trip. Screwing down the highway....
  24. subgenius Member

Reason for camping trip=avoid the KESQ shitstorm.
  25. Namenlos Member

Re: The Big Tom Cruise &amp; Katie Holmes News Thread - Part the Second

I'm too lazy to trawl back through pages and pages, was this in Grazia ever mentioned? I think it mentions us :D

Grazia.jpg

(I have slightly closer photos, too).
  26. auchraw Member

Just looking for information here.

If Failkyrie is going to cost $150 million when all the book-keeping is done (I quote), and the take has been just over $100 million worldwide (I quote), how does this cover costs? I make this a rather large loss. Or are we not talking about production costs plus marketing costs?
  27. gizmogirl Member

I had the impression that Valkyrie made about 80 million in North American and about 100 million world-wide. Costs said to be about 150 million, so so far maybe a 30 million profit.

However, two things. United Artists is pumping money like mad into the Japanese promotion (check the 30,000 lb cost for pimping Katie out for the opening). At the same time Cruise is still quite popular in Japan which may help the ticket sales. Whether the sales will offset the cost of the promotion time will tell. But even if they make some money in Japan, Valkyrie has not been a thumping succcess. I also can't see a huge market for the dvds.
  28. LocalSP Member

From Box Office Mojo:

Domestic Total as of Mar. 19, 2009: $83,017,248
    Distributor: United Artists Release Date: December 25, 2008
    Genre: Thriller Running Time: 2 hrs. 0 min.
    MPAA Rating: PG-13 Production Budget: $75 million
    SHOWTIMES: Zip Code This Movie All

View: Summary Showtimes Daily Box Office Weekend Box Office Foreign Box Office Similar Movies Trailers Images

> View All 23 Images

TOTAL LIFETIME GROSSES
    Domestic: $83,017,248 45.1%
    + Foreign: $101,045,000 54.9%
    = Worldwide: $184,062,248

DOMESTIC SUMMARY
    Opening Weekend: $21,027,007
    (#4 rank, 2,711 theaters, $7,756 average)
    % of Total Gross: 25.3%
    > View All 12 Weekends
    Widest Release: 2,838 theaters
    In Release: 85 days / 12.1 weeks
  29. auchraw Member

From the Fox reference above:

<<The film has taken in a little more than $100 million in the rest of the world, with its biggest successes in Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, and China, where it made over $7 million.

'In Germany, where "Valkyrie" was supposed to rehabilitate Cruise’s image and ingratiate his frowned upon Scientology, the movie made a middling $10 million. It opened and closed fast, already off the charts. By contrast, "The Reader" is number 1 and has made more money. "Twilight" did $20 million there. "Benjamin Button" has done almost $19 million. "Australia" has taken in $15.5.

'Also, "Valkyrie" — which probably cost more like $150 million total when all the bookkeeping is done — brought the end of Cruise’s producing partnership with Paula Wagner and threw his deal with MGM to make movies at their United Artists into question. >>

We're getting warm. Depends whether the $150 million that it cost includes the cut to the theatres or whether it represents only costs of filming plus publicity and the cut to the theaters is still to be taken out of the $180 million gross global take. AFAIUA.
  30. Consensus Member

Yeah, as I understand it roughly half of the domestic totals goes to the theaters that show the film (though it may be slightly less, as - apparently - the theater gets a tiny cut opening week, and a larger cut in later weeks... and this movie didn't really have legs). Plus, the studio has been downplaying the cost of the film - the $75 mil total was before all the reshoots and such which were quite expensive; rumor has it over 100 mil to make. And the promotion in the US was rumored to be over 75 mil, though they list it at 60 mil. So they're doing everything they can to make this movie a 'success' on paper, even if it costs them money to do so. This movie is NOT about making money, it's about reviving cruise's career, establishing his studio, and so on. And, in that respect, it's failed spectacularly. From the looks of it, they threw away a shitload of money too.
  31. auchraw Member

So cost of film $75 to 100; cost of promotion $60 to 75 = $135 to 175, probably at the high end.
    Global take $180 less one third (say) to theaters leaves $120 million. Less one quarter leaves $135 million.
    So at best break-even, at worst $50 million down.

Truth will out eventually, but these figures give me a nice warm glow.
  32. Mooki Member

33. auchraw Member

Have they died?

I think someone should tell us.
  34. Namenlos Member

Has it been mentioned how TMZ has a good ol' dig at Scientology?
    I'd imagine so, but it's just so refreshing to read.
  35. auchraw Member

Can we take the lack of activity on this thread as a sign of anything? Like the zero per cent popularity of the best-known Scientology couple in the world? No news in this case is good news. Who wants to be a Zero?
  36. LocalSP Member

There's pics of Katie and Suri everyday in the tabs and on the gossip sites
  37. Anonse7en Member

Yeah i bet people are getting tired of reading about SurKatie like honestly you can only look at cute pictures for so long before they get old. And when most of the news about them is BS or just filler story... no one cares anymore, the mags just use it for the cute factor.
  38. gizmogirl Member

Someone over on Free Katie pointed out that lately the news stories about Tom follow a pattern. First an article is published about how Tommy's career is over. In response there is a "news release" about Tom being approached for some movie, or that he is "considering" a part. Then either echoing silence about the movie or a few weeks later you hear about part going to another actor. Many of the movies he is said to be "considering" are flops that have been passed around Hollywood for years or ones that other actors have walked away from.

He has no movie for 2010 release, and no movie in production for a 2011 release. Maybe he could beg for a quick cameo in some movie to at least pretend he is still in the business.

He could stop humiliating himself and take a couple of years off. Perhaps the scilon taint would wear off a bit and he might start getting real offers again. However, he is such an attention whore that I really don't think he could walk away from Hollywood, the photographers and the tabloids.
  39. Mutante Member

Maybe Tom will play the bad man in the next season of 24.
  40. subgenius Member

Tom was great in Tropic Thunder. Halfway through the movie before I realized it was him.
    Don't yell at me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.