Customize

The Church Of Scientology, Fact-Checked

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

http://www.npr.org/2011/02/08/133561256/the-church-of-scientology-fact-checked
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Crowley Member

Good stuff, things seem to be really moving against this sham 'Religion'.

Wonder if the article mentions how Hubbard's autopsy revealed he was full of the psychiatric drug Vispiral ?

Scientologists are mainly hypocrites of the highest order.

Crowley
  3. Miranda Member

Wow. Tommy Davis's finest moment.
  4. genoramix Member

i'd bang your new avatar anytime Miranda. Anyways...good article or so it seems
  5. Anonymous Member

FIFY
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Miranda Member

Nothing like a good old fashioned interrobang! *burps*
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

It just keeps getting better and better.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

What's interrobang? I really don't know.
  10. Miranda Member

Ask your parents.
  11. Anonymous Member

Or if your parents have disowned you because we are all criminals here, ask Urban Dictionary
  12. "Of course, if it's true that Mr. Hubbard was never injured during the war, then he never did heal himself using Dianetics principles, then Dianetics is based on a lie, and then Scientology is based on a lie."

Tommy Davis
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Miranda Member

Yeah--he's outdone himself.
  14. Anonymous Member

Did anyone else notice that this could be a chink in the cult's brainwashing of Tommy?

He made the statement "Scientology is wrong if X" which in itself is an extremely gutsy statement for a victim of Scientology brainwashing to make, especially to a reporter.

X was shown to him.

His response was to invoke some great imaginary conspiracy to deny X, but I think that the damage to his brainwashing armor has been done.
  15. Anonymous Member

Miranda don't need this^, she needs a severe tongue-lashing in a figure 8 configuration
    • Like Like x 1
  16. beef Member

17. A quotation to remember.

I will say that again.

A quotation to remember.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Herro Member

Lol, this article will make so many people so delightfully assmad. I love it.
  19. Miranda Member

Interrobang!?
  20. Anonymous Member

It's strange that he refers to scientology as a 'religion' that people are 'drawn to because of faith'. Thought he might have a better understanding considering his previous work. Scientology is a fundamentalist group that uses thought reform and training routines to radicalise people it recruits.
  21. Miranda Member

I got the impression he was being meticulously respectful. Maybe even ironic. His fact-checking speaks for itself and is a lot more devastating than generalized accusations of brainwashing, etc., which can sound paranoid even if true. He's a superb example of how to do it right in my opinion.
    • Like Like x 3
  22. Anonymous Member

I still say the proper meaning of "Interrobang" can be adduced if you overstrike the letter 't' onto the 'n' that precedes it.
  23. Miranda Member

How did I know that was you?
  24. Ersatz Global Moderator

I love this article.
  25. Miranda Member

Yeah, the message is stronger in this condensed form. As long as it stays visible, most people will draw the obvious conclusions.
  26. Anonymous Member

9tyfG.jpg
  27. Robert S Member

Good one. Too much on Hubbard's phony naval exploits and not enough meat about how there's no such thing as a God damn engram, but it'll do.
  28. adhocrat Member

in compliance with teh tech it's being done on a gradient, like the frog who didn't jump out of the heating pot soon enough.
  29. Ejueptop Member

Because of LRHs feeble mind and concepts of learning, he created the flawed concept of gradients. The unfortunate adherents have their intellect and vocabulary stunted, not to mention free will.
  30. Crowley Member

Melbourne protest tomorrow - Saturday down here - ! yippee ! let's get 'em
  31. Herro Member

I don't think people really need to be told that there's no such thing as an engram.
  32. Miranda Member

There isn't?
  33. Robert S Member

so what?
  34. conatus Member

Look, I don't care for the metric system any more than you do, but that's no reason to stick your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist! An engram is about two-thirds of an emgram. That's how gram-negative bacteria are differentiated from the gram-positive. And this is not even mentioning the well-known Continental equivalent of pound cake, the gram cracker.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Anonymous Member

Shining a spotlight on the latest news
    02-11-2011
    Scientology FBI Investigation

Scientology Under FBI Investigation – Scientology under FBI investigation for human trafficking and free labor.
    [IMG]
    Reports of Scientology under FBI investigation after screenwriter and director Paul Haggis revealed the secrets of the Church. Paul Haggis was a member of the Church of Scientology for 34 years.
    [IMG]
    The head of The Church of Scientology, David Miscavige allegedly ordered workers to do some work like customizing a building, rebuilding a motorcycle and much more for actor Tom Cruise and the Church for 50 dollars a week.
    [IMG]
    The church denied they were under FBI investigation. Scientology also has re-education camps where they send scientologists who fail to meet their religious duties.
    Bruce Hines, a former Scientology member said that he at the camp for 6 years. “In 1995, when I was put in [a camp], there were twelve of us, At the high point, in 2000, there were about a hundred and twenty of us.”

Many ex-members say that David Miscavige lives a lavish lifestyle traveling on chartered jets, having custom-made shoes, collection of expensive cars and he even has 2 chefs.

ARTICLE: http://solariasun.com/2224/scientology-fbi-investigation/