Customize

The cult have to clean there files Swedish byråkrati WIN!

Discussion in 'Prosjekt Chanology' started by Anonymous, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

You should really take time to read the pdf.. really intresting
    They have to do something about
    -Adresses (snal mailspal)
    -PC FOLDERS!

And alot more..

Admin tech is as good as baned.. could be epic!
  3. Anonymous Member

This should be linked to Applied Scholastics which appears to be allowed in Sweden.
  4. Anonymous Member

5. Rheinländer Member

Translation please?
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Sydsvenskan: [Data Inspection] Investigation shows that CoS broke the Data Protection law. [PUL]

An Arlöv woman received repeated junk mail from CoS despite never having been a member - and having made written requests to the church to stop sending the material.

When her complaints were not heeded, she turned to Datainspektionen [govt body] which began an investigation in Jan 2010. [The newspaper's] article on CoS archives also interested investigator Jonas Agnvall. Two similar reports were received during the investigation, and a series of calls to the Information Service formed the basis for the investigation. Three members of Datainspectionen visited the church's office in Arlöv.

We began by submitting written questions to CoS, but it was easier to have a dialog in person, says Agnvall, the laywer leading the investigation.

Datainspecktion now demands that CoS cleans up its files. Amongst other measures, CoS must have procedures for removing personal information when members leave or cease to be clients. If information is to be re-used(?) it can be saved for up to one year.

\co\s' websites have also come in for criticism, for a lack of information on how long persoanl data will be retained.

In an email, a CoS spokesperson said that they were now analysing the decision. If they choose to appeal, the case will be heard at the district court(?)

- quick translation -left out a bit due to MUs.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Anonymous Member

There is zero data on how long your personal data is to be kept.

We all know the creepy clams keep it forever and count people as members even if they've never been to a course, but if they were forced to destroy all addresses or risk heavy fines for spamming snail mail, that would help to shut down the orgs pretty quick.

Also, if one were to accidentally tip a bucket of water over the e-meters during stress tests, that would be an accident, and their insurance would pay for the damage, right?

I know they don't pay utility bills but they must have public health insurance if operating dangerous untested electrical devices on the public, amirite??
  8. Anonymous Member

In the PDF COS have claimed that OSA archive is for colectiong newsarticles about the church.. This should be pooooooned
  9. Scatman Member

This is quite a win. The scientology crime syndicate has files on many former members: In addition to Central files, there exist ethics files, student files, personnel files, pre-clear files, and OSA files. They save those files because Hubbard believed that former customers could become legal and public relations threats to his racket when they realized they were conned. I agree those files should get destroyed within a year after the person has left or been rejected as a customer (or member) of scientology. More likely, the scientology crime syndicate will ship the files to Denmark or England out of the jurisdiction, or to California where data protection laws do not exist.
    BTW, the United States should get data protection laws in place. That would cause the cult tremendous problems because OSA Int is located in California.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. anonakatie Member

Can someone copy the relevant part in the pdf here for those of us who are Swedish challenged. Then the google translator will pick it up.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. ShoeLazey Member

Datainspektionen konstaterar att Scientologikyrkan i Malmö behandlar personuppgifter i strid med 9 § punkten i) personuppgiftslagen genom att inte
    gallra kund- och medlemsuppgifter ur sitt adress- och arkivsystem när dessa
    inte längre behövs med hänsyn till ändamålen med behandlingen.

and THIS is the church answer when confronted initially;
    (Oh and it's VERY vauge and incoherent. it could mean anything really)

Facts: I en begäran om yttrande den 17 mars 2010 gavs Scientologikyrkan tillfälle att
    yttra sig över klagomålet. I svar den 7 april 2010 uppgav Scientologikyrkan
    bl.a. följande:

Answer: Det får inledningsvis nämnas att informationen saknas i Scientologikyrkans register om den i ärendet berörda personen med undantag av
    kontaktinformation, som dock visat sig vara felaktig och som avser en
    annan person. Förklaringen till den uppkomna felaktigheten är att informationen lagts in av misstag beträffande en person med snarlikt
    namn i samband med att adressuppgifter eftersökt.

also they specify WHAT the church is collecting:

Scientologikyrkan samlar in uppgifter om enskilda personer i fem olika
    register.

1. PC-foldrar
    Inom ramen för Scientologikyrkans verksamhet genomförs samtal mellan en enskild person och en representant för kyrkan, en s.k. auditering.
    Dessa samtal, som i princip kan röra vilken information som helst, nedtecknas på papper. Dessa dokument placeras sedan i den intervjuades
    personliga pappersmapp (PC-foldern). Pappersmapparna är sorterade i
    alfabetisk ordning efter släktnamn och förvaras i ett arkiv. Någon annan
    sökväg till mapparna finns inte. Sida 4 av 10

2. Etikfoldrar
    Inom ramen för Scientologikyrkans verksamhet genomförs s.k. etiska
    intervjuer mellan den enskilde och representanter för kyrkan. Dessa
    samtal, som kan liknas vid bikter, kan innehålla vilken information som
    helst. Samtalen nedtecknas på papper. Dessa dokument placeras sedan i
    den intervjuades personliga pappersmapp (etik-foldern). Pappersmapparna är sorterade i alfabetisk ordning efter släktnamn och förvaras i ett
    arkiv. Någon annan sökväg till mapparna finns inte. För att markera att
    innehållet kan vara mycket känsligt anges ”uppgift konfidentiell” på
    mappen.

3. Studentfoldrar
    Inom ramen för Scientologikyrkans verksamhet ges enskilda personer
    möjlighet att studera kyrkans religiösa texter. Hur dessa studier fortskrider nedtecknas på papper. Dessa dokument placeras sedan i den
    studerandes personliga pappersmapp (studentfoldern). Pappersmapparna är sorterade i alfabetisk ordning efter släktnamn och förvaras i ett
    arkiv. Någon annan sökväg till mapparna finns inte.

4. Personalfoldrar
    Uppgifter om Scientologikyrkans frivilligarbetare, exempelvis omdö-
    men och uppgift om den enskildes kvalifikationer, nedtecknas på papper. Dessa dokument placeras sedan i frivilligarbetarens personliga
    pappersmapp (personalfoldern). Pappersmapparna är sorterade i alfabetisk ordning efter släktnamn och förvaras i ett arkiv. Någon annan
    sökväg till mapparna finns inte.

5. Adress- och arkivsystem med korrespondensfoldrar (CF-Files)
    Adress- och arkivsystemet är digitalt och innehåller uppgifter om medlemmar och kunder. Med kund menas exempelvis en person som beställt en bok eller en person som gjort ett personlighetstest på Scientologikyrkans webbplats, www.dianetik-malmo.se. Adress- och arkivsystemet innehåller namn och adressuppgifter, uppgift om medlemskap,
    donationer och bokköp m.m. Uppgift om medlemskap är en uppgift om
    religiös tillhörighet. Adress- och arkivsystemet innehåller inte några ytterligare känsliga uppgifter.
    Korrespondensfoldrarna innehåller brev som skickats till Scientologikyrkan. Breven placeras i brevskrivarens personliga pappersmapp (korrespondensfoldern). De kan även innehålla utskrifter av beställningar
    via Internet av t.ex. böcker. Pappersmapparna är sorterade i alfabetisk
    ordning efter släktnamn och förvaras i ett arkiv. Någon annan sökväg till
    mapparna finns inte.

ALSO the church had two more documentfoldertype which was the dead-files and the OSA-archive.
    Dead-files are old files not used anymore. OSA-archive is for newspaper articles about or mentioning the church.

Förutom dessa fem dokumentmappstyper har kyrkan även följande två
    dokumentsamlingar:

a) Dead-files
    Pappersmappar som av någon anledning blivit inaktuella placeras i
    Dead-files. Det kan vara PC-folders, Studentfoldrar, Personalfoldrar eller Korrespondensfoldrar.

b) OSA-arkivet
    Tidningsurklipp som rör Scientologikyrkan från dagstidningar. Urklippen är placerade i datumordning.

Concluding what the church have done since the Datainspektionen started to look into them;

Scientologikyrkan har därefter vid tre tillfällen, den 8 november 2010, den
    6 januari 2011 samt den 16 februari 2011, sammanfattningsvis uppgett bl.a.
    följande:

Scientologikyrkan har genomfört följande åtgärder/rättelser:

- Den personuppgiftspolicy kyrkan tillämpar ges till samtliga personer som tillträder organisationen.
    - På formuläret ”Generellt Godkännande” i vilket medlemmar och andra kontakt-kategorier lämnar skriftlig medgivande lämnas
    särskild information om hur kyrkan behandlar personuppgifter.
    - Upplysning om personuppgiftsbehandling – PuL-text – har kompletterats. Informationen finns tillgänglig som flygblad vid
    köp av böcker, i mejl vid promotion samt på kyrkans webbplats i samband med så kallade OCA-tester.
    - PuL-text avsedd för bokköpare på webbplatsen www.dianetikmalmo.se har lagts till.
    - För personkategori som inte är medlem och som inte köpt varor eller tjänster men som genomfört personlighetstest genomföres
    automatisk gallring av uppgifterna sex månader efter senaste kontakt-tillfälle.
    - För samtliga personkategorier som sänt meddelande via mejl eller brev att de inte önskar utskick enligt viss sändlista genomfö-
    res strykning skyndsamt, dock senast inom två veckor efter mottagande av meddelandet.
    - För personkategori som är medlem och vill avlägsna pappersfoldrar samt bli struken ur datasystemet är det möjligt att
    genomföra en sådan makulering efter skriftligt meddelande till kyrkan. Makuleringen genomföres senast inom två veckor efter
    mottagande av meddelande om makulering.

CONCLUSION
    Scientologikyrkan har hittills inte gjort åtskillnad mellan personkategorierna medlemmar respektive köpare av varor och tjänster. Såvitt Scientologikyrkan kan finna ställer varken lag eller praxis krav på en sådan uppdelning. Scientologikyrkan har emellertid frivilligt beslutat att
    genomföra en sådan åtskillnad.

Enjoy and hope google translate will fix it all for ya=)
    • Like Like x 2
  12. anonakatie Member

Thank you!
  13. subgenius Member

They pulled it in.
  14. Natter Bored Member

15. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

How did I not see this? Awesome, I was beginning to wonder whatever happened to that investigation. Obviously, the cult will not stop breaking the law because if they did they'd have to go against LRH's policies and you can't clear the planet following WOG laws. My guess is that they will delete their archives in Sweden but send everything to Copenhagen and/or the US before doing so. Even so, they won't be able to keep spamming people with mail now because if they do it's obvious that they're willfully breaking the law. And because of that, their stats will go down, probably a lot.
  16. Sponge Member

The full official pdf dox makes interesting reading

Here's a pretty reasonable english google auto-translate of the Swedish Data Inspectorate pdf

Edit: just realised, sorry about butting in to your Skandinaviska forum, polluting it with my english words ;).... but you are so epic.
  17. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

Most people are anyway, so no problem... dickface.
  18. Weda Member

The cult has to clean up; and remove all inappropriate words
    In Sweden the word "negerbollar” has been changed long time ago to chocolate balls. The word “negerbollar” still exist in old baking books. I believe that a bakery that uses that word in its display can get into trouble under Swedish law. That word seems to be a discrimination word.
    What about the religious scientology word “WOG”?
    It is widely used; and exists in Dianetics and Scientology Technical Dictionary. In that dictionary it means: Worthy Oriental gentleman. 1.) This means a common ordinary run-of-the mill garden variety humanoid. 2). A wog is somebody who isn’t even trying. Now it seems also to mean anybody who is not scientologist. Does it allude to not accepting other religions?

Why did Ron Hubbard accept that word in his religion? How widely was that word used in his generation? Was it in his time discrimination against dark-skinned foreigners? In my opinion it was a bad taste to use that word. That word should have been deleted in all religious (psychology) worship and devotional materials long time ago; like the word “negerbollar” was deleted long time ago in Sweden. The word “wog” seems to have been disappeared in newer dictionaries. I am wondering!!!!!
    In a regular dictionary it also used disparagingly; and it means:
    Wog: Chiefly Brit (ca. 1934): a dark-skinned foreigner; esp. one from the Middle East or Far East – usu. Used disparagingly. (Webster’s ninth New Collegiate Dictionary 1983)
    Wog: S sl. (neds.) 1). Indier; 2). Arab 3). Asiat (A comprehensive English-Swedish Dictionary, Esselte Studium

Chocolate (“Negerbollar”) is a Swedish well-known popular cookie that contains chocolate, oatmeal rolled in coco flakes etc.
    Does anybody have an opinion? Has the subject come up before?
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

I learned once at the Church of Scientology with my $$$$$: nobody should use name calling words; and "wog" was widely used; and it is still today widely used. How religious is that? If I was a Muslim I would be very upset. Would You?
  20. Anonymous Member

Hey, if EVERYONE here pushed for data protection and fines were enforced, that would hurt the cult.

Staturdays would be forever down even more than they are now!!
  21. Anonymous Member

the cult will just ship the files to another country...