Customize

THe Cult pulls the rug out from under the Travolta's

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by LRonAnon, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Relyt Member

Re: THe Cult pulls the rug out from under the Travolta's

Lobotomies are very dangerous, and usually not recommended by Psychiatric professionals. Yet the cult would claim that they're not only common practice, but all Psychs endorse them.
  2. Zak McKracken Member

Heh.

Scientologists are about the only ones who would be offended.

They would equate taking Aspirin (a Psych drug which affects perception of pain??) with the good old 1950's icepick lobotomy- both are products of the Psychiatric Death Industry, and apparently crimes against humanity.

Edit: because im a noob
    for those who don't know: asprin and other OTC painkillers, contrary to Scientology belief and popular misunderstanding, do not act on the brain and do not directly interfere with neural "pain" signaling. They reduce swelling, fever, and pain by blocking activity of enzymes that contribute to inflammatory response.

Scientology claims they allow medication for "physical" ailments, but evidently they don't understand how the body works. There's nothing "mental" about OTC analgesiacs, whatsoever.
  3. WMAnon Member

Sounds like you did everything you could for your kid, and things worked out well in the end. Kudos to you for having the strength and determination to help your child through this, and navigate the health system.

My concern is that because things like autism were taken off the table as "nonexistent" through the course of his treatment, some options were clearly overlooked. Whether they would have merely improved his quality of life or have actually extended it, we'll never know.

Also: paragraphs. Use them. :)
  4. lacey Member

Hi WMAnon,

thankyou :0) i have to tell you we are in England and we could not get them to agree to the implant for our child it was only due to cyberonics in america that found us a UK surgeon willing to do it that our son had a chance, he was the first child with R20 to have the implant done in this country... although they regard vns as a palative procedure here it cut down seizure activity dramatically so allowing the brain more chance of recovery.. I know our child would not be here if it had not been for these people helping us, we owe them everything

autism is a large factor i feel, when our child had the regression due to the medication even though the implant was helping with seizure control he was still very 'locked in', we contacted the son-rise programme in MA who told us they were coming to england to teach parents the programme, we managed to get a place on the programme, it opened up new doors for us and enabled us to bring our child out of the dark, he still has not regained speech but can sign using makaton.. yes he still has issues relating to the autism but his life is so greatly improved and we hope to enable him to regain more skills over time.. its an amazing programme and is worked by parents/carers

looking at the footage of Jett it was a crying shame the autism was not addressed because with the correct help peoples lives can be so very different
  5. WMAnon Member

THIS.

It comes up time and again with Scientology related deaths. We can never know if people would have lived longer (even with treatment, seizures don't always go away etc.) but it's impossible to overlook the pain that people suffered while they were alive that could have been prevented. How many Scientologists have suffered with cancer for years instead of seeking medical treatments right away? How many adults and children have suffered from untreated or mistreated mental illnesses? McPherson may have had the embolism anyway, but at least her last 17 days would have been lived with dignity if not for the intervention of Scientologists.

This makes my blood boil.
  6. imariscent Member

Of course he isn't going to flat out say it, you wouldn't want to lose your biggest clients in this time of grief. This is big time profit now for the CO$$$

How much auditing will you be needing?.... ok that will be $250,000 you can give your donation to the receptionist. You might get lucky and see Jett when you astral project yourself out your body during the courses.
  7. mrfyde Member

I think the cult just gave us a statement.

John Travolta is the victim here, now the cult is trying to cover up their own teachings AGAIN. Not taking the feelings or the reputation of Mr. Travolta into consideration.

EXPANDED DIANETICS LECTURE No.2
    A lecture given to the Flag Dianetic Auditing Team on 7 April 1972.
    C7204C07 SO
    EXPANDED DIANETICS AND WORD CLEARING

Here is the text of this bit:

And then people who have epilepsy, which is a type of disease which gives
    them seizures, are almost always found on some minor drug that prevents them from getting these—they call them petit mal seizures. That's epilepsy. I don't care how they call it. Sometimes they really seize and sometimes it's just slight. One of those, if an epileptic ever took you by the hand and so forth, he's liable to break every bone in your hand, if he suddenly had a seizure. But the doctors keep them on something to prevent this. It's just a tranquilizer and they keep them on that one year, year in and year out. And then you come along as an auditor and you try to audit the pc and you tell the pc that he'll have to go off that drug. And then all of a sudden, why something will happen from someplace or another that the pc will tell the doctor that they have been taken off the drug by the auditor. And the doctor will call up plaintively asking you to please put her back on the drug because she needs this. And you get into a collision between medical treatment and so on. Now I've been using a lot of medical words here or chemical words really. Just don't pay any attention to them because they're mostly gobbledygook, and there's an awful lot of gobbledygook words. Gobbledygook just means nonsense chatter, you see. There's an awful lot of them.

NOTE: PC= Pre Clear Someone who is paying for the auditing (they have not yet reached the state of "CLEAR" or enlightenment.
    Auditor= The psuedo psycho therapist in Scientology
    Auditing= The silly psychotherapy in Scientology that costs you by the hour.
    Gobbledygook= Things even more silly than Scientology in Hubbard's opinion
  8. Mutante Member

If you fancy adding this and anything else of such epic value into the Jett Situation Room summary it might get re-use.
  9. Forseti Member

It is really very simple!

Travolta lawyers said that PRIOR to being put on Depakote, Jett had 4 seizures a week. AFTER being put on Depakote, the seizures subsided quite a bit. AFTER being taken off of Depakote, he was back to having 4 seizures.

In other statements made, it was said that up until his death, Jett was having 4 seizures.

Do the math. If Jett was having 4 seizures without medication and he was still having 4 seizures up til his death, then he was not on medication.

Am I wrong? Did I misread or misunderstand something?

:-D
  10. Oswald2001 Member

Gee whiz. How would we ever know?

There could be blood/tissue tests done, but...

Conveniently....the body was immediately burned to ash.

Just like they did with Jesus H. Hubbard.

They destroyed the evidence immediately.
  11. none given Member

Scientology: Throwing each other under the bus since 1950.
  12. Re: THe Cult pulls the rug out from under the Travolta's

Travolta will never turn against scino. Because scino has 30 years worth of career destroying dirt on the family. He and his wife and daughter has told them every thing about his childhood till now. That is the main survival mechanism of the cult. Dirt. They live for dirt. Dirt is power. They live for moar dirt.
  13. Top Grunge Member

uh oh...did Tommy just footbullet!?

John Travolta faces probe into son Jett&squo;s death | PerthNow

uhoh
  14. RavenEyes Member

SOBBING John Travolta hugged the body of his son at a Bahamian hospital and told the teen "I'm sorry, Jett".
    Medic Tarino Lightbourn revealed the heart-wrenching scene.

"I think he meant, 'I'm sorry, Jett. I did all I could do," he said.

Jett, who had a history of seizures, was found unconscious in a bathroom last Friday inside the Travolta family's condo on Grand Bahama Island.

Mr Lightbourn who drove Jett to hospital said: “He was crying, eyes red. I remember him looking up at the ceiling and saying ‘God please help me!'” God??? Sobbing John Travolta&squo;s last words to dead son | The Daily Telegraph
  15. Re: THe Cult pulls the rug out from under the Travolta's

oh shi-

So what does that mean for the Travoltas if they're not following the rules, confirmed there by Tommy? That they pulled it in or some such bollocks?
  16. afternon Member

17. Buttons Member

Bigger picture???

Isn't the best part of this, the fact that Tommy Davis is now actually "defending" the Church.
    A huge turn-around from the usual attack, never defend.
  18. anongurl7 Member

its probably really getting to them now. love to be a fly on the wall at Gold or wherever Davis gets his reports... oh yeah, we have spais already there! Ha! Ha! Ha!
  19. imariscent Member

So sad, when my mom passed away my father said the same thing. I'm Sorry. I know it wasn't murdered, she died of a stroke.
  20. subgenius Member

Church of Scientology International member Tommy Davis confirmed those practicing the religion would not seek conventional treatment for seizures.
    And elsewhere Tommy says $cio doesn't prevent seeking medical care. Shit, or go blind. It can't be both.
    And the reports of police looking into things is very encouraging.
  21. illegalpc3 Member

Semantics yes - but VERY well spotted & VERY pertinent!
  22. LRonAnon Member

Oh this is going to get interesting.

Scientology does NOT allow for provable medical conditions, like gran mal seizures.

What about for MS? Jenna say AID's isn't real either.

Scientology is for the able, not the autistic. (...and certainly for their rich parents)
  23. LRonAnon Member

It also quite interesting just how much Tommy Davis back pedaled and how fast.

It is all closing in on them, their ability to act is becoming a much smaller circle.
  24. Etain Member

Well, this is certainly enlightening, to say the least.

From their own mouths, they condemn themselves.
  25. subgenius Member

This is another sore point that should be publicized. The statements by lrh that $cio is for the able. Its not only attackable on that basis, being quite discriminatory and all, but its in direct conflict with them claiming to cure all ills....which is it?
  26. Yoni Alter Member

Well now I feel SUPER bad for the Travoltas, as it's clear from Tommy's statement that the cult is going to leave them out to dry rather than risk Scientology's remaining shreds of a reputation. If it was a religious decision not to treat their son, there's some argument that they weren't neglectful. If their religion said it was okay to treat their son and they just didn't, there could easily be an investigation into their parenting.

Fuck you, cult. Hit your celebs when they're down, huh?
  27. Skwee Member

If they are locking out one of the richest members in the shitstorm, they must be pretty desperate to save face here. How can they both do this and keep them (and their money) in the cult?

It would be really tragic if they only said that Jett was on meds to "oblige" public opinion.
  28. rummychick99 Member

I signed up to tell you guys that you are jumping the gun on this one. I did a little research and I think this is from bad reporting....

Here is one version:

John Travolta May Be Questioned By Police Over The Death Of Son Jett | AHN | January 6, 2009

Church of Scientology International member Tommy Davis confirmed those practicing the religion would not seek conventional treatment for seizures.

He said: "Scientologists seek conventional medical treatment for medical conditions. Scientologists use prescription drugs when physically ill and also rely on the advice and treatment of medical doctors. The church does not involve itself in the diagnosis or classification of any medical condition."

Some of the other reports who have picked up this story don't put in the second paragraph. If you read the two together..it would appear the reporter didn't proofread...and put "would not seek" when it was suppose to be "would seek"

Would seek is more in line with the next paragraph.

You need to do some more research on this one to clarify.

btw, can someone tell me if Kyle Brennan shot himself or died from unknown cause.
  29. LRonAnon Member

Different days, different releases, some now combined.

So its two separate POV's.
  30. rummychick99 Member

31. LRonAnon Member

Keep looking, there's about 6,000 more articles, its there.

Good luck with your mission.
  32. rummychick99 Member

Why didn't you post it. Or did you just pull that out to get people stirred up and try to mislead.

Surely you want to be accurate. Or perhaps that is not the goal of this site.

Here is another version of a cut and paste job that leaves that part out.

John Travolta faces probe into son Jett&squo;s death | PerthNow

So why didn't you source the comment. I am beginning to think you did that on purpose.
  33. Lednir Member

Seems likely the guy realised what he said and tried to backpedal. Journalists are paid to be accurate in what they write, and get in big trouble, especially from famous/rich people, when they write things down wrong.
  34. LRonAnon Member

Why don't you go fuck yourself with a polished can.

Go to the original statements, the very first ones released by the cult and quit being an whinney little bitch.

For a mouthy little shit you certainly aren't very bright.

<<--- the report button is over there.
  35. Anon3Mouse Member

I would like to report this post as totally fucking Awesome.
  36. LRonAnon Member

The OP, it clear.

Seizures are a general medical condition and would clearly fall under the original statements released at the time..
    Autism and retardation are mental D.O.'s in the DSM.

Beyond that you are on own, I've been doing this 16 hours.
  37. rummychick99 Member

Magazines especially those on the internet, find stray words that should not be there and often later do a correction when it is pointed out. Surely you realize the first paragraph is the reporters characterization..and the second paragraph is the quote.

You have everybody salivating over something..and it is misleading to your other members...

But maybe that is how you operate on this site.

Carry on and make many many PR statements based on those two paragraphs..that clearly indicate there was some kind of error...and look like fools for not carefully investigating source material.
  38. xenuwasframed Member

We shouldn't be surprised at all that Scientology is throwing the Travoltas to the wolves.

They threw the Travoltas to the wolves a long time ago when they pressured them to avoid getting desperately-needed treatment for their son's condition.
  39. kitfisto Member

Check for the online Scientology handbook , I can't get links to work so google it . they have a mess of shit on there that deals directly with the use of medicine that would contadict everything that td says . They even believe that aspirin blocks the ability of the mind to recognize and deal with body thetans . It's rediculous . If someone can find it and link it , I would greatly appreciate it .

Check scientologyhandbook.org

From page on painkillers .

Painkillers

Doctors and others prescribe painkillers such as aspirin, tranquilizers, hypnotics and soporifics (sleep-inducing drugs) in an understandable wish to relieve pain.

However, it has never been known in chemistry or medicine exactly how or why these things worked. Such compositions are derived by accidental discoveries that “such and so depresses pain.”

The effects of existing compounds are not uniform in result and often have very bad side effects.

As the reason they worked was unknown, very little advance has been made in biochemistry – the chemistry of life processes and substances. If the reason they worked were known and accepted, possibly chemists could develop some actual painkillers which had minimal side effects.

Pain or discomfort of a psychosomatic nature comes from mental image pictures created by the thetan which press against and affect the body. For example, a mental image picture of a past incident in which an arm was broken can be reactivated in the present, impinging on the body and causing pain in that same arm.

By actual clinical test, the actions of aspirin and other pain depressants are to:

A. Inhibit the ability of the thetan to create mental image pictures

and also

B. To impede the electrical conductivity of nerve channels.

As a result, the thetan is rendered stupid, blank, forgetful, delusive and irresponsible. He gets into a “wooden” sort of state, unfeeling, insensitive, unable and definitely not trustworthy, a menace to his fellows actually.

Pain depressants inhibit the thetan’s ability to create mental image pictures.

They also act to impede electrical conductivity of the nerve channels.

When the drugs wear off or start to wear off, the ability to create mental image pictures starts to return and turns on somatics (body sensations, illnesses or pains or discomforts) much harder. One of the answers a person has for this is more drugs. To say nothing of heroin, there are aspirin addicts. The compulsion stems from a desire to get rid of the somatics and unwanted sensations again. The being gets more and more wooden, requiring more and more quantity and more frequent use.

Sexually it is common for someone on drugs to be very stimulated at first. But after the original sexual “kicks,” the stimulation of sexual sensation becomes harder and harder to achieve. The effort to achieve it becomes obsessive while it itself is less and less satisfying.

The cycle of drug restimulation of pictures (or creation in general) can be at first to increase creation and then eventually inhibit it totally.

If one were working on the problem of pain relief biochemically, the least harmful pain depressant would be one that inhibited the creation of mental image pictures with minimal resulting “woodenness” or stupidity and which was body-soluble (easily dissolved in the body) so that it passed rapidly out of the nerves and system.

There are unwanted sensations that drugs block off, but there is a whole sector of desirable sensations, and drugs block off all sensations.

The only defense that can be made for drugs is that they give a short, quick oblivion from immediate agony and permit the handling of a person to effect repair. But even then this is applicable to persons who have no other system to handle their pain.

Dexterity, ability and alertness are the main things that prevent getting into painful situations. These all vanish with drugs. So drugs set you up to get into situations which are truly disastrous and keep you that way.

One has a choice between being dead with drugs or being alive without them. Drugs rob life of the sensations and joys which are the only reasons for living anyhow.

tl:dr , I suggest reading it for maximum lulz and rediculousness