Customize

"The decline of Anonymous" - McAfee

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

"Sympathizers of Anonymous are suffering. Too many uncoordinated and unclear operations have been detrimental to its reputation. Added to this, the disinformation, false claims, and pure hacking actions will lead to the movement’s being less politically visible than in the past. Because Anonymous’ level of technical sophistication has stagnated and its tactics are better understood by its potential victims, the group’s level of success will decline. However, we could easily imagine some short-lived spectacular actions due to convergence between hacktivists and antiglobalization supporters, or hacktivists and ecoterrorists."

http://arstechnica.com/security/2012/12/mcafee-labs-predicts-the-decline-of-anonymous/
  2. raboon Member

3. Kilia Member

Ahh....poor McAfee. I knew him well.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Honigdachs Member

yeah when I learned one thing over the last 4 years, then that Anonymous declines and then reappears in a new form. it will happen again. it is a cycle.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Anonymous Member

It is not possible to measure that which is not measurable... but some must try.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Anonymous Member

7. SOJOA Member

Im pretty sure 80% of our projects in 2012 were politically motivated. WTF are they talking about.
  8. Anonymous Member

The very real decline of McAfee is much more interesting.
    At least Anonymous is not suspected of murder :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

If they ever made a movie of McAfee's life, how close to the movie Scarface would it be or would it be just a 21st century reboot of it?

For sure this scene will be in it, because I bet McAfee has done this more than once:

10. Anonymous Member

11. cTp Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

McAfee is without a doubt the worst anti virus I've ever had the misfortune of having preinstalled on a computer.

Fuck you McAfee.

Fuck you.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  13. Anonymous Member

All you need is Mac :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

Make mine with cheese and bacon please!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. LocalSP Member

McAfee the person has nothing to do with McAfee Labs anymore. The statement came from McAfee Labs, not the man.
  16. Anonymous Member

Fuck 'em both, I say. They're completely out of the loop, whether it be technologically, or sociologically.
  17. anonymouspunk Member

Boy I needed a good laugh today, so thanks McAfee :)
  18. muldrake Member

The original software, SCAN, was pretty good. Of course, that was when it was run from the command line. Even then, I preferred F-PROT. I'd also have to say that Norton gives McAfee a run for its money in pure shittiness.

As for fuck McAfee, yes, fuck that guy. And fuck the company named after him. If either of them want to see something in decline they should check out a mirror.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Enturbulette Member

I saw this prediction by Anonymous in a headline today - "McAfee Will Continue To Make Claims About Anonymous That No One Cares About."

I bet it comes true, too.
  20. Anonymous Member

Fuck this murdering junkie redneck. McAfee LOL
  21. cafanon Member

The downfall of Anonymous...predicted by McAfee.... that would be like....the Seattle Mariner's GM predicting the downfall of the New York Yankees.
  22. Skynet Member