Customize

The Gi-fraking-normous Woll Smoth media MEGATHREAD

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by monamia, Jun 29, 2008.

1. times.online.uk "Will Smith's School deserves to avoid cult status"

snip
  2. SomeOldGuy Member

3. Legione Member

Re: times.online.uk "Will Smith's School deserves to avoid sult status"

Link or im going to get bored and ignore this thread.
  4. Re: Will Smith bawwws, "It's a not a Scientology school, really"

It's a real shame Will doesn't seem to know Jason Beghe, they should talk.

Lots.
  5. Re: times.online.uk "Will Smith's School deserves to avoid cult status"

The beginning reads like "Yes, this 'Church' is monstrous and responsible for untold misery, but why should I care? I've got a cushy job as a celebrity reporter!"
  6. me me Member

Re: times.online.uk "Will Smith's School deserves to avoid cult status"

Am I the only one who sees sarcasm dripping from this article? I get the impression the author totally gets it.
  7. eksef Member

Weird article, but does mention all that is bad about scientology.
  8. Kilia Member

Re: Fox News' Roger Freidman Weighs In with "Will Smith: Getting His $100 Goat"

Bless Village Voice-Ortega, and Wollersheim for all that they have done to expose this hidious crime syndicate.
    <3
  9. AnonMSW Member

Washington Post Online "Insta-Poll: Can Will Weather a Scientology Storm?"

Insta-Poll: Can Will Weather a Scientology Storm? - Celebritology - Liz Kelly’s Celebrity Blog -- A Guide to Celebrity and Entertainment News

From the article accompanying the poll:

"Will Smith may play a superhero on the big screen in this weekend's "Hancock," but -- at least among box office earners -- he comes close to actually being one in real life. His unprecedented run of July 4th box office smashes ("Independence Day," "Men in Black," "I, Robbot,") make him one of the surest things since sparklers for the Independence Day weekend. Those who prognosticate such things predict a $110 million opening weekend for Smith's portrayal of a reluctnt man of steel"

"But, just in time to foul up the Smith money-making machine (emphasis added), a potential turn-off lurks just under the surface of the holiday weekend movie hype: Scientology! As mentioned in yesterday's Morning Mix, Smith and wife Jada Pinkett-Smith have endowed a school that == while it claims to have no ties to the church -- will nevertheless base its curriculum on the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard and employ several church members. With that in mind, we're set to find out if Smith is immune to the Scientological PR poison that tainted Tom Cruise's last big summer opening."

"It should be pointed out that this isn't the first whiff of Scientology to surround Smith and that he also has gone on record as saying the church wasn't for him."

My Comments:

Comments are open, and Will's already behind in the poll before I posted this here to Enturb (implying we had little to do with it as yet). Feel free to vote and comment. Harpoons targeting and away!
  10. Whanonstler Member

Re: Will Smith bawwws, "It's a not a Scientology school, really"

From PerezHilton.com:

I am now more interested in what Perez knows but is not telling us about the Smiths! :fuckyou:
  11. churchlady Member

Remember way back when in Feb. ( or for the OG, 1999) when we were so annoyed that the mainstream media was ignoring anon and we wanted everything to happen at once? Well....things are starting to happen!

I think it's interesting that the local Calabasas paper didn't go with the New Village Idiot Academy story (as far as I know) but the larger LA Times did. The reporters are obviously doing their homework, no thanks to study tech! I believe they are listening to anon and researching on their own and seeing that anon is right.

I'm so happy the tech boys and girls saved New Village Idiot Academy's original website. The current website is quite different, but at last look, LRH is still there in the glossary.

brb, pancakes
  12. eksef Member

Re: Washington Post Online "Insta-Poll: Can Will Weather a Scientology Storm?"

Will, we've been protesting for 6 months, that was plenty of time for you to learn what you were getting yourself into.

You brought this on yourself.
  13. tazor Member

Thanks for posting that anonMSW!
  14. scrumpmonkey Member

im so gald that scientology so has so many negative connotations, atmittedly most of the public are still in the 'weird religion' zone rather than the 'dangerous money loving, family hating evil cult' that is the reality but things are begging to shift.

Big stars openly admitting to being Scientologist is like committing professional suicide, i have no doubt in my mind that Will is now a scilon (the whole school thing was a BIG give-away)

hopefully after these Scientology links he will struggle to get >9000 people at the premier :p
  15. Anonyneko Member

Well this is a story all about how his life got flipped, turned upside down...
  16. anonyHAL Member

Re: Will Smith bawwws, "It's a not a Scientology school, really"

...and Co$ outed themselves orchestrating a letter-writing campaign:

"It seems odd, then, that the honchos at Applied Scholastics apparently don't trust their own followers' expressive abilities. A misrouted fax rolled into our offices the other day, from one Margaret McCarthy at Applied Scholastics headquarters to one "Daryl at Player's Choice," a trophy shop in Santa Ana. By all appearances, Ms. McCarthy is directing Daryl on what to write in a letter to the editor of the Weekly".
  17. Anne Ominous Member

Nochange is winning. This is unacceptable.

GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!!
  18. AnonMSW Member

Sky News, UK: Actor Smith In Scientology Row

From the article

11:28am UK, Tuesday July 01, 2008

"The head of Will Smith's new school has denied claims that it is a centre for Scientology."

"The actor and his wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, have founded the New Village Academy in Los Angeles, which is scheduled to open in September."

"The school will use instructional methods developed by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard called study technology."

"And some of the teachers belong to the church."

"But the Hollywood couple say they are not Scientologists, and the academy's director Jacqueline Olivier insists the facility has no religious affiliation."

"She told the LA Times: "We are a secular school, and just like all non-religious independent schools, faculty and staff do not promote their own religions at school."

"Nor do staff pass on the beliefs of their particular faith to children."

"Ms Oliver said some of the school's workers are Scientologists, Muslim, Christian or Jewish."

"As well as reading and maths, the school offers classes on yoga, robotics and etiquette."

"The most high-profile follower of Scientology is Smith's fellow Hollywood actor Tom Cruise."

My comments:

Comments section is OPEN. Suggested form of harpoon (props to Anon E Moose for original):

Reporters may have found the New Village website slightly void of scientology related content. Why, because in that last few days they have been systematically cleaning the site of all reference to scientology, in what is at best a bungling attempt at a cover up. The changes are broken down in the following protest site topic, with saved versions of the pre-alteration pages.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/7-ge...cilon-academy-has-cleansed-its-website-20622/

The breakdown of the changes is extensive, and you will find pretty damning. The real screw up on their part is that previous online reporting of this covered the unchanged version, so this change is something which they very much cannot back out of or deny.

They also tore down the staff list, probably because more than a third can be confirmed as being scientologists, also covered in the above linked topic. Now why would they need to hide that.
  19. Whanonstler Member

While I do not necessarily wish ill on others, I would not be in the least adverse to this movie and Smith's career tanking, at least for now. Perhaps this will make other coddled celebs see how the careers of people like Alley, Cruise and now perhaps Smith have gone down the shitter because of scifaggotry.

Jason Beghe got out, and he kicks much ass. You other asskissed celebs should come up to present time and start kicking ass, too. Fuck that cult- you'll end up doing matinees in Branson if you stay in. If you are lucky.
  20. monamia Member

washington post is part of the *newsweek* family.
    viral.
    comments have impact.
  21. cowdog Member

VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!
  22. GrogStat Member

Hmmm.... I guess the general public isn't too fond of knowing that kids will have to report to an Ethics [STRIKE]Officer [/STRIKE]Teacher for thinking 'bad' thoughts.

'What are your Overts & Witholds little girl?! What are your Overts & Withholds?
  23. Kilia Member

Voted
  24. anonyHAL Member

Aww, no comments section of this one. I've been pushing the Co$ == Apartheid meme...
  25. monamia Member

so these kids will be trained as little spies, eh? the future?
  26. AnonMSW Member

Short News: "Will Smith School: Africa Needs More Goats"

Will Smith School: Africa Needs More Goats

The article:

At the New Village Academy, a private school being funded by Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith, students will recycle plastic bottles at 10 cents per bottle. For every $100 they save (1000 bottles), they will buy a new goat for an African village.

The school claims that each village's new goat will help the village to survive. According to a report, however, new goats are a very low priority for African villages. The report claims that the $100 could be better used for schools and medicines.

Some of the New Village Academy's courses will be based on methods used by the controversial Scientology organization, and there will be some Scientologist teachers. Smith denies that he is a Scientologist, although he did give money to the sect.

Comments:

Cites the Fox article as source. Comments section is open.
  27. AnonMSW Member

The Brisbane Times: "Actor denies Scientology school link"

Actor denies Scientology school link - World - Home - brisbanetimes.com.au

From the article:

"New Village Academy began about three years ago as a home school for the Smiths' youngest children - Jaden, 9, and Willow, 7 - and those of several other families. After an extensive search (emphasis added), a veteran administrator, Jacqueline Olivier, was hired to head the school."

"Since joining a year ago, she has been responsible for hiring staff and preparing for the opening of the new campus," (emphasis added).

My comments:

Perhaps some OZAnons might want to get ahold of the editors in Brissie and clue them in about Ms. Olivier's service completions. Ms. Olivier may be a "veteran administrator," but so far I've seen no evidence that her veteran's stripes were earned as an EDUCATOR.
  28. Tom Socrates Member

29. Re: Washington Post Online "Insta-Poll: Can Will Weather a Scientology Storm?"

Comments are OPEN, no email required!!!!! GO! GO! GO!
  30. monamia Member

Re: Wolly Goats?.. on FOX!:

Greta has the highest ratings of any women (what---two? her and nancy??) in cable.

She pays, she stays.
  31. monamia Member

Neighborhood papers ("throw-aways" non-subscription based) are too tied to advertising. They will be last to enturb; doesn't serve their mi$$ion. In fact, we should monitor this paper for a big ad and accompanying "advertorial" article about the school.
  32. Re: times.online.uk "Will Smith's School deserves to avoid cult status"

That's exactly what's weird. He accurately lists most of the real issues, but comes to the conclusion that he doesn't care about the CoS? I mean usually people that knowledgeable do care. Fortunately, he does make a good argument about the school.
  33. Re: Wolly Goats?.. on FOX!:

Heh. I caught the delightful Fox News live point where Greta was on audio (no camera - smell the coffee sweetie) reporting from the trial of that Mormon cultist guy. Greta started off on the standard Scientology line, that the guy was being persecuted because he belonged to a religion people thought was weird. The studio 'presenter' promptly slapped her down. "No Greta, it's not about religion, it's about sex with minors".

I should say this is not an organized from the top thing, this is mostly News Corporation people trying to please the boss. DM thought James Packer was an asset because he had money, but being totally naive about the wog world he failed to see that Packer exists only because Murdoch allows him to for anti-trust purposes.
  34. celtg Member

Re: Wolly Goats?.. on FOX!:

how bout
    "return to sender"
  35. me57 Member

Your saying scientology kills mind body and Soul is very appearantly true and is the reason i am so glad Annonymous answered the call to expose scientology's crimes and abuses. So Very God Bless All.
  36. Sargo Member

49 percent said less movies

49 no change

dead even^_^

FIX IT FGTS!!!!!
  37. Sargo Member

38. churchlady Member

Re: LA Times on Smith's Scientology School: Just Up

ATTENTION EVERYONE. Please raise your right hand. Place your right hand on your head. REMOVE YOUR TIN FOIL HAT.

If you read the article, you will see that they are planning to open the school with 40 students. That means a maximum of 80 parents. There is little or no danger of Calabasas becoming the next Clearwater.

anon has been working hard behind the scenes to educate the private school attending public about the true nature of this school. The mass media is informing many other parents.

With a low-key march or flyer-raid, we will spread the word even more.

THERE IS NO NEED TO PANIC.

Relax and have some caek.
  39. Tbone Member

The title seems out of place with what the article actually says. He certainly sees the major problem with hiding Scientology in a school, private or not.

Too bad the author still makes the same bullshit arguement about how all religions do what Scientology does.