Customize

The Green Brief #24 (July 10)

Discussion in 'Green Brief' started by NiteOwl, Jul 10, 2009.

1. NiteOwl Member

I'm NiteOwl AKA Josh Shahryar - twitter.com/iran_translator on twitter - and I've been immersed in tweets from Iran for the past several hours. I have tried to be extremely careful in choosing my tweet sources. What I have compiled below is what I can confirm through my reliable twitter sources. Remember, this is all from tweets. (My work is released under Creative Commons (CC). So use it freely and post it wherever you wish to.)

These are the important happenings that I can positively confirm from Friday, July 10 .

In Danish: Live Temp News: The Green Brief #24 (d. 10. juli) - Dansk version

In French: http://ledossiervert.wordpress.com

In German: Nachrichten zur Situation im Iran

In Hebrew: Content Factory Reports:NO MIND CONTROL CC שיתוף למטרות יצירתיות ‎(contentfactory)‎

In Spanish: Informe Verde en Español: Informe Verde (10 Julio 2009)

In Swedish: Green Brief på Svenska

Protests / Unrest

1. There was a gathering of the families of those detained during the protests in Tehran today. Protesters stood in front of Kalantari 103 Pasdaran, 140 Baghe Faiz and Enghelab Square. Numbers cannot be confirmed, but the numbers were probably small.

2. It has not been confirmed that Basijis attacked the dorms of the Polytechnic University yesterday. The presence of Rafsanjani’s family was also partially confirmed. Still no word of whether Mousavi joined mourners later in the evening like he said he would.

3. Police in Nicosia, Cyprus clashes with Iranian protesters in front of the Iranian Embassy. People were seen being dragged and reports indicate that several were arrested and held for several hours. Whether this was from July 09 cannot be confirmed at this point. Here’s a video related to the incident: Revolutionary Road...: Shame on Cyprus police!

Government / International

4. Ayatollah Hashim Hashim-Zadeh Hareesi – a member of the Assembly of Experts – said today that people had started to distrust the system. He explained that whatever had happened after the election had caused people to become suspicious and that the government needed to take strides to restore people’s trust otherwise, distrust could result in further more severe problems.

5. Tehran's Interim Fridays Prayers Leader Ayatollah Mohammad Emami-Kashani asked the Majlis of Iran to take measures in solving some short-comings that are present in the current electoral law. According to Ayatollah Emami Kashani, the unrest that followed the recent election was a result of those short-comings.

6. The Guardian Council’s spokesperson, Abbas Ali Kadkhodaie said today that the Guardian Council was currently going over the entire election. According to him, the Council will soon release a detailed report about the election. The Council has already affirmed the impartiality and accuracy of the election which leaves little room for further investigation into charges of fraud.

7. The French Ambassador in Tehran met with Clotilde Reiss, the detained Frenchwoman who’s currently being held in Iran on charges of espionage. According to the ambassador, Ms. Reiss looked in good mental health. It is not clear as of yet when she will be released.

8. Iran’s government today summoned the German ambassador and questioned him about the death of an Egyptian woman in Germany at the hands of racist extremists. Iranian TV continues to show her death and accuse the West of acting against Muslims in Europe.

9. The G7 nations + Russia have given Iran till September to restart negotiations on its controversial nuclear program. It was unclear what Iran’s rejection of this offer would entail. The statement came during a meeting in l’Aquila, Italy where the group was meeting to go over the world-wide economic downturn.

10. A U.S. panel has demanded that Baha'is facing trial in Iran be released immediately. Baha'is are a religious minority in Iran who believe in a universal religion and are fervent supporters of world peace. They are openly persecuted because of the country’s strict religious laws.

11. The Canadian government also summoned the Iranian ambassador in Ottawa and demanded the immediate release of Canadian-Iranian journalist Mazyar Bahari. Bahari has been detained for a while now and the government is trying to keep a lid on his whereabouts. He works for Newsweek.

Arrests / Releases / Deaths

12. Iranian-American Scholar, Kian Tajbakhsh has been arrested according to reliable sources. Majid Durri has also been rearrested. There are also reports that security forces arrested several students during their raid at Amir Kabir University’s dorm. Their fate remains unknown.

13. The only person released today was Kambiz Noroozi, yet his release cannot be fully confirmed. Family members of several political prisoners – including those of Mirdamadi and Hajjarian - met with Ayatollah Mousavi Aradabeli today. Ayatollah Ardabeli consoled the families and discussed the issue with them. He later said that this is an important issue and needed to be dealt with as soon as possible.

14. Reports have now surfaced that people detained during yesterday’s protests have been moved to Evin Prison. The prison is reportedly so full that people are kept in the corridors. Sources have confirmed that people are being viciously tortured and detainees are underfed. Many are facing solitary confinement.

Media

15. Fars News has reported that the government has discovered a recording studio belonging to the BBC at Mousavi’s campaign headquarters. Iranian media continues to beat the drum of an Egyptian woman’s death in Germany and protests yesterday were for the most part, ignored.

*A hearty thanks to Sahar joon for helping me out with proof-reading and very valuable tips. Also, a BIG THANKS to all the translators who're spending their precious time on getting this to as many people as possible.

Read this if you want to help or get help!

Helpers:

A. Thank you very much everyone for helping out Anonymous with donations so they could keep the servers up and running and clear the cost. Very grateful for that!

B. You can retweet this link and help others know what is going on in Iran.

C: If you would like to help out with compiling all the news stories from Iran in a geo-spatial context, please request for sub-editorship at #iran.aic - WebIRC - AnonNet - Check out the website for the project at: Iran Map | Iran Map or email me at dbosca@gmail.com.

D. The government in Iran is still increasing internet filtering and throttling in an attempt to silence their people. Anonymous info shows that many in Iran are looking for proxy and Tor information in Tehran and all around the country. Please donate your bandwidth to help bring down the Iran Curtain. Here are links on how to help and get help on this:

English:

Tor Browser Bundle

Tor Browser Bundle

Tor Browser Bundle

Tor and the Iranian Election - Bring down the Iran Curtain | Ian's Brain

Farsi:

Tor Browser Bundle

Tor: آنلاين Tor

Get video torrents and help on Tor here:

Gonzo Times � Torrents List (82 videos)
  2. It has now been confirmed, or still not confirmed?
  3. FintanDunne Member

ONE WORLD. ONE STRUGGLE. ONE VICTORY. IN ONE IRAN.

SO JOIN US... Link:ONE IRAN
  4. Mazyar Bahari is a he

No intention to criticize, you have summarized a lot of information. Just pointing out in order to avoid confusion. Thanks for your great efforts. Please continue.
  5. EdWanD Member

We'll not be grateful enough for our nightly brief, thanks a lot.
    Please ask people to seed more the Gonzo Times torrents.
    Those movies belongs to History now, we must keep them for Free Iran and for generations to come.
  6. NiteOwl Member

Yep. It has been.
  7. NiteOwl Member

Thank you for noticing. Corrected. :)
  8. ARC Member

This is very ironic since the main supporters of Ahmadinejad in the West are extreme right wing white supremacists (think Alex Jones/Vanguard News Network/Stormfront) along with a much smaller group of panderers (think George Galloway) and Hezbollah expatriates.
  9. "The only person released today was Kambiz Noroozi, yet his arrest cannot be fully confirmed."

I don't get it what's not confirmed. If he was released he must been arrested right?

Don't want to criticizes but I'm just confused.

Thank you Night Owl for you great work.
  10. Thank you yet again for all your hard work and for this valuable information.

I am currently collecting news URLs and posting them at Iran News in hopes it will help to have all these links on one page. Now there are over 2200

Whozits
  11. doesn't matter much but he said that wednesday, and it was reported yesterday
    موج سوم؛ پایگاه اطلاع رسانی «پویش (کمپین) دعوت از خاتمی»

keep up the good work
  12. he said it was out if anyone under stand this twitter
    @austinheap `wc -l haystack/*.c haystack/*.h` = 51,965 total lines of code in Haystack
  13. Hendon Member

Been reading NiteOwls reports for weeks. Many thanks!!

Lately, it seems like others are jumping on NiteOwl's reports just to toot their own sites.....WTF? How sad that you wait to be the first responders to a Green Brief just to link to your sites. Go blow it out your ass on another post. I promise, We will read it you pretentious asses. And if I have to see another picture of that Elmer Fudd professor I am going to puke. Change your picture.

Yes, I registered just to post this.

Thanks again NiteOwl!!
  14. Thank you NiteOwl.
  15. So I guess you meant to write it has; "It has now been confirmed that Basijis attacked the..."

Am I getting it right? Otherwise the sentence doesn't really make sense. Again, I thank you very much for your great efforts. Also, thank you for correcting the Mazyar one.
  16. See I even made mistakes in my own post :) it's hard to do what you are doing and get everything perfectly right :)
  17. Thanks Night Owl, i look forward to your daily briefs!
  18. Stacy Member

Thanks NiteOwl!

Since today is correction day for you, there is something on all of the briefs that drive me crazy. :)

You've got a tag open:

19. NUR Member

That is debatable:
    Baha'i Faith - SourceWatch
  20. Thanks again!!!! For everyone's efforts and time. You are Irans voice. Keep it coming.
  21. Visionary Member

Interesting, it seems like the foreign prisoners are still being treated a thousand times better than the locals.

From what the Greek prisoner said the other day he appeared to have been mostly unharmed while in prison.

Thanks so much for the updates!
  22. tehran bureau is unavailable.
    has been unavailable for days.
  23. Probably just you, I can access it okay. Use something to go around the filter.
  24. JohnDoe Moderator

Thanks Niteowl - appreciated as ever.

(Also thanks to those who are able to check wee details, and make the necessary corrections)
  25. Egyptian woman

The outrage in Arabic countries and Iran because of the death of the Egyptian woman is surprising for someone who lives in Germany. It is a tragedy and everyone in Germany was shocked about this crime. A woman stabbed in a court in front of her little child that's shocking. She and her murderer were at court because he had insulted her before at a playground calling her a "terrorist" because of her hijab and was giving her names. The court was going to give him a fine of 2000 € for doing so when the man suddenly attacked the woman with a knife. No one was searched for weapons because it was considered to be a minor case and no violance was to be expected - a tragic error.
    The murderer surely is a rasist and hates muslim but he is not representativ for German society. The murderer of the poor woman will have a fair trial and than he will be send to prison for up to 15 years according to German laws.
  26. JohnDoe Moderator

Thanks for this.
    Of course Amamadmad & Khaminidiot are so concerned about preserving every Muslim life on the planet . . . . . . . well except for those who speak Farsi and are opposed to them!
  27. furthermore

It is also remarkable that the German embassador has to answere for the death of a muslim woman murdered by a criminal but the Chinese embassador has not to answere for death of several hundred dead muslim in China killed by Chinese people and security forces. It leaves one speechless.
  28. 8. Iran’s government today summoned the German ambassador and questioned him about the death of an Egyptian woman in Germany at the hands of racist extremists. Iranian TV continues to show her death and accuse the West of acting against Muslims in Europe.

Isn’t this interfering in other countries internal affairs…..
  29. I’m hearing suggestions ppl could show support by not using companies associated with Iranian oil. Is this a good idea? Who are these companies? Will this make Iran leadership take notice ppl of world are behind Iranian ppl and weaken their power? Perhaps make some support for Supreme leader think again. Or will do more harm than good to ppl of Iran?
  30. JohnDoe Moderator

What I would like to find out are the companies owned or controlled by the IRG - these are the ones I would like to boycott, as this really would hit where it hurts.
  31. Stacy Member

I posted a link about that the other day, let me see if I can find it.
  32. Stacy Member

33. We should now have germany.whyweprotest.net against this oppressive treatment to Muslims.
  34. Not your personal army, do not want.
  35. This is just a lame attempt by the Iranian regime to divert attention of people from their own nation's problems - by focusing their rage on the "Corrupted West"

It does not work. The commies in Eastern Europe used this technique almost everyday - it did not convince anyone, and did not help save their communist regimes. People learn to see through the lies and read between the lines amazingly fast.
  36. atmasabr Member

I have a better idea.

How about when all this is over, we invade Iran, arrest its leaders, and try them for the state-sanctioned murder of Iranian gays?
  37. Paleene Member

one can always try...

Equaling one privat person's crime, which doubtlessly will be sentenced, on a single person with a ruthless regime murdering hundreds, if not thousands - new troll tactics??? Wonder if they get away with it...
  38. Yes this will not work: obvious terrible mass media strategy

Aren't the attempts of all Iran media - from either side - ironic convolutes of shifting the Iranian horror against the rest of civilized world in order to cover the internal crackdown of Iranian civilization towards the incredible accuses of the whole civilized world. Iran ppl at all levels should solve their problem of their horrible goverment system - before envolvement of any outside human culture?
  39. Ray Murphy Member

No, if people are determined to win, they will do whatever it takes. In this case the people of Iran and their supporters are winning big time and they will not stop until after a fair election is held and after the murderous regime is toppled.
  40. Taking the civilized world as your hostages of Iran Green Sea Movement?

Does this include: you will take by any means of destructive power the whole world to stop living and to serve as your hostages?