Customize

The Jett Travolta situation is NOT a 'test' of Scientology Tech

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by Consensus, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Consensus Member

The Jett Travolta situation is NOT a 'test' of Scientology Tech

There seems to be an unspoken assumption that the validity of Scientology 'tech' rests on the outcome of Jett Travolta's autopsy. This is a mistaken assumption. It is established FACT that Scientology Tech is pseudoscience, that it fails to address a variety of medical ailments, and that it has led to many deaths under remarkably similar circumstances to Jett's death. If his is not an example of the failure of Scientology Tech, that does not refute the fact that Scientology Tech *DOES NOT WORK*.

We can prove that Scientology denies the existence of chronic diseases like autism. While it's true that they deny the existence of autism and would refuse to treat it with any 'psych drugs' (in truth, Autism is not usually treated with drugs, but with behavioral therapy - though drugs are used to treat seizures, which frequently occur in autistic children and adults), Scientology does acknowledge the existence of the disorder in one respect: if you have an autistic child, they will use that as means to recruit you (by promising that they can 'cure' your child). The 'cures' they promise *DO NOT WORK*.

The 'treatment' of Autism (with the promise of curing it) is IDENTICAL TO Scientology's treatment of cancer. They believe both diseases are the result of 'overts' and 'withholds' ('sins', to use the traditional Judeo-Christian language). They believe the diseases can be treated and cured by using the 'Purif Rundown' and through auditing (which elimiantes the 'overts' and 'withholds' that cause the disorder). It is no surprise, given this (and the discovery of blue asbestos on the Scientology cruise ship 'The Freewinds') that many Scientologists and their children die every year as a result of untreated autism, cancer, or other diseases. It's not that Scientology explicitly states, for example, that chemo is part of the percieved 'conspiracy by psychiatry' (to which they also attribute the Holocaust), however they are taught that auditing and the purif rundown *WILL* cure their cancer, and so many neglect to treat it medically. Unfortunately, such persons die because the purif rundown *DOES NOT WORK*.

We can provide proof of everything stated above - and any journalists reading this who would find such evidence useful for a story are encouraged to register and post here asking for a citeable source.

We know that the purif rundown involves dangerous doses of vitamins (in association with exercise, diet, and extensive time in a sauna), and that the vitamin overdoses are consistent with some of the symptoms Jett Travolta has shown (symptoms of Kawasaki disorder, liver damage, and so on). We also know that the purif rundown has NEVER been demonstrated scientifically to relieve any symptoms of autism or cancer (or radiation poisoning, or any other malady). It *DOES NOT WORK*.

I hope the journalists lurking here understand the point I'm making here; a finding that Jett Travolta's death was unavoidable and not contributed to by Scientology's bogus claims does not change the fact that Scientology's claims are bogus. If it turns out that his death was contributed to by his parents' beliefs, it is simply one more example of what has long been known.

The current tragedy is an opportunity for Anonymous (and the critic movement at large) to disseminate these facts. If we view it as a battle, as though we have to prove that Jett's death is a consequence of that facts outlined in this post, we allow for the possibility of failure. We do not need to prove that Jett died as a consequence of misplaced faith in Scientology. We need merely provide proof that faith in Scientology, particularly the way it regards medical disorders, is misplaced; and we need to allow the press to present those facts while speculating on whether that misplaced faith is responsible.
  2. reznik Member

Re: The Jett Travolta situation is NOT a 'test' of Scientology Tech

Cons: great post.

/bump
  3. Mutante Member

You have my bow.
  4. whosit Member

Fantastic summation.
  5. Re: The Jett Travolta situation is NOT a 'test' of Scientology Tech

The must read post of the year!
    Of course it is only the 4th.....
    Good job Daywatch.
  6. Anonynamefag Member

And_My_Axe.jpg
  7. mrfyde Member

THIS ^^^

:)
  8. Puppet Member

You're a better writer than me. I hate you, true fax.
  9. RavenEyes Member

At the risk of being accused of being "whiny" again by Erra....OP IS NOT DAYWATCH!!!!
  10. Consensus Member

nuts. why you gotta hate.
  11. Re: The Jett Travolta situation is NOT a 'test' of Scientology Tech

^^^^TRUFAX
  12. Ianon Member

duh - no reap is mentioned.
  13. reznik Member

way to fag up Consensus's loltroll
    [and possibly Daywatch's as it may have been a lolpurchase
    someone an avatar we want enturdonationz]
  14. WTF Member

Dox or STFU

(/snicker)

I would like to see the report showing "deaths from autism".
    Though devastating, it is not fatal.
  15. Exstaff Member

WTF??? Scientology DOES NOT werk? When did that happen?

me thinks the journalists are coming around.

btw, loved the post!
  16. Consensus Member

Fair enough. I mean to imply that deaths can occur from neglect when one regards an autistic child as 'healthy' but 'stubborn.' That said, I have not seen any documented cases of children dying as a result of autism+scientology (prior to Jett's case). But the formula of 'chronic disorder'+'scientology'=death is entirely too common.

Also, posted this in thunderdome, but figure it's relevent:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lydia_Pinkham
    http://www.thebards.net/music/lyrics/Lily_The_Pink.shtml
  17. phiclamorama Member

The quality of Consensus' post made me quit lurking and register, thank you Consensus.

Co$' denial of accepted medical conditions and its possible link to the death of a most vulnerable and famous child means much more to the average person than the ridicule of Xenu does - this issue could open the door to the crimes of the Co$ like nothing else could. Co$ celebrity adherents offer a double edged sword, if their in, its very profitable; if their out and vocal, it will crush them - this is why I see some validity in the speculation that DM blew the NYE event to "handle" this issue personally. I expect Jonny and Kelly to have around the clock "help" for a long time.

One issue that has me worried is that it was announced that Jett may be having two autopsies to "make sure nothing is missed", I would bet one will be governmental and the other from a clam i.e. plausible deniability.

I have had an odd thought about $cientology's stance on health care in general. Its obvious that they use these stances to separate victims from the wog world; deepening their reliance on the "tech". But, I have wondered if they have planned secondary gains from the untreated illnesses and deaths of their victims. Here is my theory:

1. Co$ victims get ill, they need more auditing = $ to Co$

2. Family members (if they are in) are worried and vulnerable, they need auditing more too = $ to Co$

3. Co$ victim is ill because of PTS (anti or non $ci family members), victim disconnects from those family members that could get willed $ from deceased, this raises the percentage of $ that pro Co$ family members can get

4. Co$ victim dies and there is possible insurance payouts or inheritance, and "handling" auditing is needed for the inheritors; and/or a donation in memory of the victim is reg'ed out of them= $ to Co$
  18. DamOTclese Member

Fucking A, this was the dumbest poast evah on WWP. GFG.
  19. anyjane Member

Who you talking to, DamOTclese?
  20. Consensus Member

/r/ a vid of anon singing 'lily the pink' but find/replace 'lily the pink' w/ 'hubbard the fink' and 'medicinal compound' w/ 'the purif rundown'

bonus points for added verses about a kid w/ autism and an OT w/ cancer.
  21. whosit Member

lol'd
  22. the_cloak Member

Well duh? This guy can read and write.
  23. WTF Member

That is not an odd thought at all. Scientology Registrars compute like that routinely.
  24. HubbBudd Member

25. LRonAnon Member

For the parents.......!!!!!!!!! what about for Jett!!

The parent may of had to watch but Jett had live/die it, everyday.
  26. Ann O'Nymous Member

I agree with OP, but the situation is slightly more complex than that. IMHO, the main issues here are, e.g. and TTBOMK:
    - What did the parents think of the failure of the purification rundown they tried shortly after the discovery of K's syndrom (1994) ?
    - How did they cope with the idea of using wog medecine for more than one year, seemingly rather recently, before stopping it rather abruptly ?
    - Did they say things publicly while acting privately in a different way ?
  27. Consensus Member

Hippocracy is a form of ad hom attack. It's embarassing for the hippocrite, but it doesn't invalidate that person's position or argument. You're welcome to persue the 'KELLY WAS A HIPPOCRITE' angle if you like. I can see how it has legs. People love a good story of a hippocrite. And I sure won't deny that Kelly is one big-time.

But I want to invalidate the argument. I want to demonstrate - unequivocably - that Scientology Tech is a failure. Showing that Scientologists don't impliment it universally and absolutely doesn't prove this at all.
  28. Ann O'Nymous Member

As already mentioned, I do agree with your point. But it is not the only issue here.
  29. Snake Member

A lot of people feel that we may be on the boarder of exploiting the death of Jett for our own ends. But as of tonight, it isn't just about Jett. It's about many other issues. One issue I think many people haven't touched on yet, is a combination of both their obvious neglect of medical conditions and their abuse of children!

[IMG]

This picture is semi-relevant! THIS IS A CHILD WORKING ON SCIENTOLOGY PROPERTY FOR THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY IN MANCHESTER IN MAY 2003 (Source: Scientology and Dianetics - Tax-exempt Child Abuse and Neglect)

Plenty of children have been neglected by their Scientology parents. Jeremy Perkins (Jeremy Perkins: A Scientology Tragedy) comes to mind. Sadly, he wasn't the first, nor will he be the last! Even Hubbard, this "messiah among messiahs", had one of his sons commit suicide, because of his personal choices! Kyle Brennan is the one, that for me, gets to me the most! A boy, who KNEW Scientology DIDN'T WORK, was FORCED BY HIS OWN FATHER to have his anti-depressants taken away and locked in his father's truck! When he was found unconscious, his OWN FATHER didn't call for medical assistance, but called a member of the Church of Scientology, who took 45 MINUTES to get over to his place and then they called medical assistance. Scientology parents CARE MORE ABOUT SCIENTOLOGY THAN THEY DO THEIR OWN CHILDREN AND THEIR CHILDREN'S WELL-BEING! His father committed negligent homicide in the name of Scientology.

If Scientology could have helped these poor kids, than why don't we hear more about those stories? Why doesn't Scientology show US these kids that they have cured of such debilitating diseases? BECAUSE SCIENTOLOGY DOESN'T WORK! He DOESN'T WORK WHEN IT actually needs it to work! Couldn't purifs have taken care of these? It couldn't because it DOESN'T WORK!

Nor does Scientology want to help these kids. All they care about is "helping the able become more able." Scientology teaches heavily about survival. If anything, that is the constant drive to continue in Scientology.

It's about YOU surviving!

YOU must keep going on!

NO MATTER WHAT!

Do not stop for anything or anyone!

YOU (we) must survive!

In that context, Scientology does not help those who can not help themselves. And that is the scariest thing about them. A religion with no sympathy what so ever built into it's core psyche. And anything that you DO do wrong or wrong that happens to you, is absolutely YOUR FAULT! NO MATTER WHAT! Your son dies because of a car accident you were not involved in? IT'S YOUR FAULT AND YOU PULLED IT IN!

This is the saddest part about, not just Jett's situation, but these other children who have lost their lives in one manner or another, because of their parents selfishness and stupidity. Scientology will look over their deaths and see it as "and nothing of value was lost." Please do not let another of these poor souls suffer the same way as Jett, Jeremy and Kyle had to!
  30. Consensus Member

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I think the point needs to be put slightly differently.

Kelly is involved in the CCHR - a Scientology front. The goal of it is to eliminate the use of psychiatric drugs (even drugs for epilepsy, as pointed out in the video posted here). This is harmful. It is intende...it: HAY GUIS I SCORED 168 ON LSATS CAN U TELL
  31. Ann O'Nymous Member

I understand and accept everything you say (except the edit ;o). Now, while continuing to say that "Tech is unscientific", we can add "Travolta/Preston are hypocrits". IMHO, it will have more impact on all our targets (staff, media, general public).

TL;DR No divergence about what you say. Different opinions about what will be useful.
  32. auchraw Member

While I agree with the point OP is making, and about the tech, and how Co$ abuses children, OP seems to base his argument on the fact that Jett was autistic.

1 The diagnosis of autism has not been reliably confirmed.
    2 Autism is not treated with the kind of drugs which Kelly and CCHR oppose.
    3 Autism is not normally fatal as such.
    4 The family say that Jett suffered from frequent seizures. This suggests untreated epilepsy.
    5 From photographs he appears to have been normal until age 9 or 10. To me this suggests he suffered brain damage - could this be attributed to niacin poisoning or to other features of the Purification Rundown? If repeated the damage could be cumulative, as the photographs suggest.
    6 This is mostly speculation and the post-mortem is unlikely to answer any of these questions except that it might confirm liver damage and throw light on the cause of the seizures.

Attacking the Travoltas will be counter-productive. They did their best as parents in difficult circumstances. Most people empathise with them even when they don't agree with their beliefs. Our target is Scientology and Hubbard's quack medicine. We should work to have it outlawed.
  33. cubby Member

lol
    sure consensus isn't daywatch
    keep telling yourself that
  34. JohnB2008 Member

rating this thread 5 stars. well put consensus.
  35. Silver Scream Member

How much do you want to bet that Jett Travolta's death is due from a lack of seizure medication? Kowasaki disease is no laughing matter, it's serious, you scion clowns! :mad: How many more people will be martyrs for Scientology? :( Lisa McPherson, Jett Travolta, the man with multiple sclerosis, who else??? D*mn those scion pr*cks!!! Quit forsing people to get off of their medications! Medications can expell the thetan within you. DUH!!!
  36. Mutante Member

37. catwoman30 Member

This just makes me sick....
  38. Badiedum Member

Just swallow it, and fight on.
  39. dub Member

Only sure fire way of finding out...

consensus, how old is the earth?
  40. Mutante Member

There is another way but it would involve cadaver.jpg and a distance method for measuring sexual arousal.