Customize

The Nation: ALEC exposed

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by xenubarb, Jul 14, 2011.

1. xenubarb Member

2. wackomoose Member

BAMP! let's not let this drift into oblivion!
  3. xenubarb Member

I don't know why we haven't given ALEC and NFWL a whole lotta love in the past 3 years...but until David Love, we didn't really address Narconon either. I posted on enturb that it'd be an excellent, easy target with the added benefit of killing a moneymaker for the cult. Nobody responded, but it's still a valid assertion.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DeathHamster Member

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/08/21/redmond_exits_climate_denier_lobby_group/
    Why did they even get involved with ALEC? Didn't they google it first?
  5. The Internet Member

Thanks for this. I didn’t really know what ALEC was. I have been feeling that there must be connections between Scientology and the Kochs, and maybe this is one?
  6. The Wrong Guy Member

7. Sekee Member

More at link.
    http://www.zoominfo.com/s/#!search/profile/person?personId=40663727&targetid=profile
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sekee Member

9. Random guy Member

Oh shit, these guys are bad!

It's good to see them getting exposed, and unlike the clams, they are directly vulnerable to critique.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Random guy Member

But what can we do about these jokers?
  11. The Internet Member

People have been working to expose the network of Koch related entities covertly manipulating politics. It is a big network with a lot of players. Propaganda, pseudoscience, destabilizing the government, divide and conquer polarizing pressures --not good. Reminds me of stuff I read about the Nazis before they took control of Germany.

People say they are “right wing.” But when you spend hundreds of millions of dollars to confuse America about important issues like global warming, you are not right wing or left wing. You are just a lying sack of shit. Both political parties need to reject people like this.

We need both political parties because each one is there to catch the mistakes made by the other. So every time someone says something extreme about one party, like everything bad in our country is due to libruls or rightwingnuts, we should say, “no we need both parties."

We gotta get this country back on track.
  12. Random guy Member

Yes, but how? I mean, a practical, applicable plan would be nice.
  13. Sekee Member

14. Sekee Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. The Internet Member

ALEC, I dunno. But for the Koch empire: get them on their lies about the scientific consensus for global warming. Because that consensus is as strong as it gets in the scientific literature. It is like, thousands of papers on one side verses 24 sad papers by shills on the other. We have three surveys of the literature to prove the point.

So every place those guys lied about the consensus, we have them dead to rights. They cannot wriggle out of that lie.

This was not one lie but a very expensive misinformation campaign that actually worked.

If they could do this once, they can do this again and again.

No people can be free when their heads are confused by evil propaganda like this. So this is proof that the Koch people hate our freedoms.

This is a message that could get through to ordinary Americans if we can hit it hard and often. Because the facts are all there. And I think people will get the dangers associated with black PR machines like this.
  16. BigBeard Member

WWP's layout has undergone major changes since this thread first started. Considering what ALEC/Koch is trying to accomplish, I'm wondering if a more appropriate place might be the new, since this thread first started anyway, "Freedom of Information" forum?

It might get more attention from free speech folks who more or less ignore the '$cientology' forum.

BigBeard
  17. I have a plan. It is fully applicable. It is fully lawful and peaceful. It is a plan that deals with much more than ALEC. It actually creates an environment where every single issue facing us can be dealt with. It's a plan that brings everyone who is outraged by current events together.

It is a plan that ends up educating everyone. It is a plan that supports life on this planet for eternity and is completely based in nature.

One of the best things about it is that it is based in the law of the land as it was truly intended. What that means is that the military will end up supporting it. I'm not talking the cherry picked fascist generals, I'm talking the soldiers. It is a plan with a parallel strategy for the soldiers.

Soldiers have a right to ONLY take orders from a lawful military authority. This plan for the people opens the door for the soldiers to implement their strategy which is also lawful and peaceful.

It's the big "wake up".
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  18. GTFO you mental cunt.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Ersatz Global Moderator

Does it come with complimentary nuts? Oh wait...

20. Gee, that's not nice. I mean do you promote the extinction of our species? The plan is real, are you?
  21. There are plenty of ineffective nuts working to distract and confuse. This comes with functional focus on collective action that is lawful.

You know, something that everyone can take part in that's easy but meaningful.
  22. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Back to ALEC plz
  23. BigBeard Member

Which would be the President, Secretary of Defense, Secretaries of the Army, Navy, and Air Force, the Chief of Staff Army, Chief of Naval Operations, Commandant of Marine Corps, Chief of Staff Air Force, and the Officers and NCO's under them.

Which is why the Oath of Enlistment (enlisted) includes the line, "I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice."

The Oath of Appointment (officers) is worded differently, because appointment as an officers carries with it responsibility for, and command authority over, the lives of those serving under them. Which is why the line, "I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter", is there.

Note the part common to both, "I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same."

Which means you can pretty much forget any schemes of trying to drag the military into making any kind of political changes you may be dreaming about. Aside from individual military members voting in elections, it isn't going to happen.

BigBeard

• Like Like x 1