Customize

The project that could arguably end Scientology

Discussion in 'Projects' started by anon1mous, Jul 13, 2009.

1. anon1mous Member

The project that could arguably end Scientology

[mod]I added this to the threads notification to ensure that everyone had the opportunity to see it and pass it along to any former scientologists they might know. If you want to stop receiving notications about threads, then participate in projects like this one so that we can all go back to fapping and trolling :)[/mod]
    Some of you may be familiar with this list. When I originally posted this message, we had somewhere around 180 names.

Scientology's mudslinging system is designed to discredit individual exes, and shudder them into silence. But what if hundreds suddenly appeared out of nowhere?

The list holds value because it can convince fence-sitters. Many Scientologists think that SPs are odd deviants. When they realize that ordinary people are leaving, they will think again. The beauty here is that while one testimony can be dismissed as false, what is the likelihood that ALL of them are, especially when coming from so many different sources?

Some argue that we are doing OSA's work for them; I disagree. By having such a large list, OSA has come to a point where they can no longer effectively target everyone who has spoken out. Furthermore, when Scientologists on the inside see the extent of the abuse experienced by others, the cognitive dissonance which they already feel will lead them to finding true answers. Don't take my word for it, see the proof for yourself (some of these people registered just to add their name): Dox 1, Dox 2, Dox 3, Dox 4, Dox 5, Dox 6

This list works and it helps people. Says anonsoldier:
    I also happen to think that we can make the list much bigger. Here are a few thoughts on how this can be accomplished:

1) Freely sharing this list (send it everywhere!):
    * Scientologists' email addresses (FIND MOAR, although this is more of an 888chan op)
    * Scientology youtube accounts
    * FACEBOOK (paging project failbook?)
    * Myspace
    * Media: (SPTimes, Latimes, The Register, KESQ)
    * Personal websites (i.e. whoisdavidmiscavige.com)
    * Digg
    * Blog comments
    * News comments
    * Other forums (doesn't need to be about scientology)
    * IRC
    * Forum signatures
    * Your favorite politician
    * Print out list on big poster board, title it UNANIMOUS and bring it to globals next month for OSA and everyone else to see (Thanks LilDebbie!)

2) Seeking out more names individually:
    * PM exes with a link to this list for their own information. Present them with the argument that they could really make a difference if they share their story and name. Check WWP (see intro thread), ESK, ESMB, Clambake, and/or others. See the arguments below in formulating your message. (Note: Ex Scientologists go through a lot of trauma and heartbreak when leaving, and some still have family members inside that they afraid to be disconnected from; please bear this in mind when speaking with them).
    * When meeting exes at IRL protests, ask them if they'd like to share their story. Share on video if possible, or write down their name ONLY AFTER ASKING IF they'd consent to sharing it. Encourage them to share their story at places such as THIS LINK or ESMB.

3) Arguments for sharing:
    * Strength in numbers.
    * Does OSA really have the resources to badger 250+ SPs at once? How about 500+?
    * Even seeing one name that the "in" Scientologist recognizes could strike a chord and prompt them to do more research.
    * Some of these names were once big within the organization, cannot easily be dismissed as uninformed.
    * On February 11, 2008 the media irrevocably lost their fear to write about Scientology. Why should you be afraid anymore?
    * Your family members that are still in might see your name, and miss you.
    * By sharing your story and adding your name, you are adding one nail to the coffin that is organized Scientology.

4) For added legitimacy, register a domain and post the list on that website
    Could be something as simple as the successful "Who is David Miscavige" website.

5) Edit the wiki, and add more names yourself
    If anyone wants to help with compiling the list, it's available on the wiki here:

[wiki]List of ex-Scientologists who have spoken out[/wiki]

It would help if you could confirm and add some of these names: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/949004-post635/. RightOn has some updates on the thread as well which have not yet been added to the wiki.

The fear is gone, people. And the change starts right here.

SPREAD THESE LINKS:
    http://tinyurl.com/wikiexscn
    http://tinyurl.com/scientologyex
    http://tinyurl.com/interviewex
    http://tinyurl.com/ESMBex
  2. cubby Member

Re: The project that could arguably end Scientology

i like it
  3. Snake Member

I think the most interesting part of this idea is the possibility someone on the inside might see someone's name on that list that has blown. Good idea.
  4. RightOn Member

I would have never thought that a simple idea could be so effective.
    This makes me cry.
    Thanks to everyone for helping me out with the list! I am beside myself with joy.
  5. themadhair Member

Posting in what has the potential of being one of the most epic threads on WWP.
  6. zebrafaced Member

/brix

Holy fuck.
  7. Re: The project that could arguably end Scientology

i agree with everything herro says
  8. Ogsonofgroo Member

Ex's who want to name themselves or do more will do so on their own volition, I don't think bombarding them with PM's is constructive or appropriate, if they are already on ESMB, ESK, here, etc. then they have already made some big steps, the rest is up to them and I'm sure they are quite aware of where they stand and how far they wish to go. This includes bugging Mark who I'm pretty sure already has a full plate and is more than aware of those out there who are at ease with speaking to him. Your #1 points are redundant and un-necessary.
    People are already doing what they can and what they want, for the most. Steering the uninformed to sites of support and info is much moar productive and SOP.
    E-mailing list en-masse to scilons WW has great merit, even if only one or two take a look further.
    RightOn's list project is awesome too, I agree it should be spread far and wide. EtherCat's collection is an excellent compilation of testimonies too.
    My opinion.

Edit>Thank you OP and RightOn for the amendments, much better nao :D I wasn't meaning to sound, erm, douchy or anything :)
    Side note> I think it would be good to keep in mind a couple of reasons why some ex's would rather be quiet for nao.
    Fear, just can't get around that one easily, can be for the obvious, liek retribution (oh noes, not CoS! >sarcasm< ) This can be for fear for family and friends still in, or actual harm and harassment (from the 'most ethical people on the planet'? Gosh, really? .moar sarcasm<)
    Then there is this newly admitted development by the cult itself, the spreading of confessionals (what-ever), private information. We know they (cult) have denied this for years, but at the same time we also know that this is one of the things they are fond of threatening people with, and frankly, some people may have shit to hide, or just be too shy of intimate details getting publicized. This leaves it up to those individuals, I think, to come to terms with whatever it is, some may never, some may say fk-it and proceed to clear the air and their conscience.
    Then there is another aspect I thought of a while back and it keeps creeping up now and then in posts from some of the ex's, that is just wanting to forget it all and get to rebuilding your life. Again, some will find the strength to go further for the cause of exposing the cult, but then there are some (and of course everyone is different) who are really, really messed up and will maybe take the rest of their lives to sort things out ( :( this thought makes me both sad and angry), this makes good available support systems so important from other ex's and those Anons willing to help people outside in the world, and I do not mean FZ'rs, who in my opinion remain semi-deluded still (rem guise, I said 'my opinion' here eh).

The fact that there are already people who have checked out list and based decisions on it gives this project fantastic credibility, Another 'Right On RightOn!

Blathered out fer now. :)

:D
    :)
  9. Anonymous Member

lolwut
  10. anon1mous Member

Removed his name to make it more generalized. Some exes are one-time posters which may have registered a forum account to their email. While they originally may have been afraid to share their name, in light of this list they might be willing to change their minds. Also, there are enough out there that I don't think that "bombardment" will be a problem.
  11. RightOn Member

yes. true....^^

I don't want people to push people or bother them. So maybe take out the following part of part #1?

"* PM Ex-scientologists on forums such as WWP, ESMB, Clambake, ESK (look through intro thread for exes). Ask if they would be willing to share their name or at least their story somewhere."

I don't think this part should be included IMO
  12. Herro Member

Cool idea. I like it. One of those classic, "it's so obvious why did it take us so long to think of it" ideas. =D
  13. Suzette Member

How about this?

Get a hundred exs together, more is better. Set up simultaneous webcasts so that nobody has to travel too far.

Give everyone five minutes to talk about his/her experiences. Maybe more--read below.

Whole thing goes on for hours, depending on how many people talk and how much. In the best of all possible worlds, we end up with twelve hours of heart-rending stuff.

Someone with skillz edits it down into an hour or two of the best stuff, adds some context, and calls it a documentary.
  14. da5id Administrator

Personally, I think this is one of the best OPs we've seen this year. We have proved that we can spread the truth about Scientology and that it can be done without being destroyed. IMO, it is now time to up the ante and change THE GAME.

I disagree. Messaging someone to politely encourage them to do their part to ensure that others don't go through what they have is not harassment. It might be "bothering" them a bit, but maybe it's time for people to suck it up and accept responsibility for things that they have done, promoted, or enabled.

Ex's: want to put this behind you? Then it's time to stand up and put an end to it.
  15. anon1mous Member

I have omitted that point and re-prioritized accordingly.
  16. RightOn Member

cool. :)
  17. anon1mous Member

That crossed my mind, and I completely agree with this idea. However, it is premature, beyond the scope of this thread, and I think the immediate priority should be to find yet more people willing to share their names.

Remember, the more names we have, the more likely people will respond if queried to do something collaboratively.
  18. AnotherMrPink Member

This is a grand idea, Scientologists need to know who is out. Sending it directly to Scientology emails, using it at protests and so on is perfect.

We are not afraid.

This is better than Schindler's List......well, maybe not as epic.
  19. Cheshirecat Member

Love this idea! The more info that can be spread out the better!
  20. RightOn Member

awww thanks Mr. Pink!
  21. Sol Mann Member

Indeed, simple and brilliant idea.

Scientology will nail it's own coffin shut with this op.
  22. Ogsonofgroo Member

*thumbs up*

:)
  23. Snake Member

What if someone were to make a website that was solely dedicated to just showing names on the list. A single source with a good website name could go a long way.
  24. Mutante Member

Circulating such a list, great idea.

A single paragraph from a few exs about how they coped after they left, magic bullet.

I think that's the fear-of-the-unknown shared by many of those still 'in'. I think many doubters stay where they are because they can't imagine life 'outside'.

Does that make sense?
  25. RightOn Member

Of course I thought of this option after the list started taking off, but I can't host it.
    But if anyone wants to take the chance.....and step up to the plate be my guest.

I only ask as the creator of the list, that I have some say in the picking of the name of the domain? Does that seem fair?
  26. anon1mous Member

After further consideration, I have re-written the point and added it back. Ogsonofgroo, I agree with the argument da5id is making here. As long as it is done in a way that presents this as optional, I think that it is well worth their time.

Besides, many exes WANT to make a difference, but just don't know how to do so effectively.
  27. LilDebbie Member

print out list on big poster board, title it [size=+2]UNANIMOUS[/size] and bring it to globals next month for OSA and everyone else to see?
  28. anon1mous Member

I really like this! I've added it to the OP.
  29. RightOn Member

Neat-o!!!!

Maybe the title can be:
    IT'S UNANIMOUS.. SCIENTOLOGY DOESN'T WORK!
  30. AnotherMrPink Member

"Quiting Scientology Works, and it helps people." ??
  31. JohnnyRUClear Member

This post and I are picking out rings. You are all invited -- ehhh, except Herro.

OK fine, you can come too.

Yes, very much like an idea I've had of getting a roomful of these folks together and just hitting "record" on a handful of vidcams. The edited version would be great for some purposes, and the unedited version would be welcome by the more dogged researchers and info-hounds (including those newly blown or not quite ready to blow).

Any way it's done, it will be so damn epic, we'll one day build statues of the people who built statues of it.

Good idea. Hmmm....... blownforgood.com? :)
  32. frettchen007 Member

THE LIST is definitely part of our next raid

damn good work RightOn

this shit will hit the fan really hard

^^seconded^^
  33. none given Member

This is win.
  34. nightfire Member

I think a singular place to find all the ex's who speak out is an AMAZING idea! Seattle will be using this idea a lot in the next few weeks.

This is one of the best ideas in awhile. Thank you OP! We have a lot of new staff right now, and I think this could really help us get through to them... also it's lulzy how long that list is getting!
  35. happy feet Member

I personally think video testimony or getting them to sign affidavits is much more powerful tool.

Many inside will be able to easily ignore this list being told it is made up. But putting videos on a DVD that is left behind, or happens to be packaged in something that looks like it has L Ron Hubbard on the front could get them to watch it.

But a list is a good idea for simply giving others the courage to speak out and something for the media to explore and counter the statement about apostates.
  36. Re: The project that could arguably end Scientology

I'm in.
  37. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

I am in like flynn...
  38. Zak McKracken Member

www.whyarenttheydead.net
  39. Mutante Member

+1

A list - indicate that a critical mass of Scientologists are leaving

Video - prove without doubt they really have left

Exit stories - remove the fear about what happens when you leave

40. anon1mous Member

I quite agree with you there. That sort of thing hosted on a more organized website would be quite effective. But it all starts with an ad-hoc list.