Customize

The Sea Org Launches the New OT VIII Ship - The Freewinds

Discussion in 'Martin Ottmann' started by Martin Ottmann, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Here is a jubilant article that describes the search, the purchase, the renovation process and the maiden voyage of the "Freewinds" (Highwinds #8, 1988). Attentive readers will note the following claim: "... In every way possible the ship had to be brought up to standards of safety, design, service and delivery that exceeded all earlier expectations."

Highwinds-Freewinds-1.jpg Highwinds-Freewinds-2.jpg Highwinds-Freewinds-3.jpg Highwinds-Freewinds-4.jpg Highwinds-Freewinds-5.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  2. amaX Member

except for that pesky blue asbestos...
  3. I'm see they had an office for the dead Commodore LRH, does the Freewinds still have one ready for him?
  4. ps: I see his name, ashtray and probably a pack of KOOLS in a gold case on the desk.
  5. Anonymous Member

No shit. How about registering so we all don't have to be subjected to your observations of the obvious?
  6. Anonymous Member

I read long ago that the previous owner was unwilling to sell and had R2-45 run on him. Any truth to that story?
  7. I make similar observations with my registered socks, I don't need anymore.
  8. DeathHamster Member

"Ice-breaking capabilities"?! If that scow hit an inch of ice now, I bet the hull would peel off!

Heber claimed that the bars were removed. So what was Tom Cruise having his birthday party in then? It sure looked like a bar to me.
  9. Daverator Member

Good church-going folk have no need for either of those. Besides, if people have money to gamble with, that must mean that the regges aren't doing the jobs properly.
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

The bars? They were thrown out along with all the Guardian's Office staff.
  12. There was something to that degree. I should have the story somewhere.
  13. Anonymous Member

Thank you. If it's true, maybe some digging should be done to help bring the guilty parties to justic.
  14. DeathHamster Member

I keep hearing of that cool story, but nothing solid ever seems to surface.

The first hurdle is that the owners were in Finland.
    Before the paywall went up, I did searches and I didn't find any death stories connected to the Boheme.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. The Wrong Guy Member

OT VIII is Lame

By Mike Rinder, March 21, 2017

Quote:

The OT VIII success stories circulated by the Freewinds are really lame. No wonder it’s a ghost ship.

Two of them were sent to me recently. And they are notable for what they DON’T say.

They repeat, mantra-like, that OT VIII is “the first actual OT level” (funny, all those other ones used to be “actual” OT levels too) and the supposed remedy for amnesia on the Whole Track. That is a very bold claim. Sort of like “exterior at will with full perceptions” which the L’s are supposed to provide.

One would imagine that someone who had gained the ability to recall everything on their Whole Track (trillions or quadrillions of years?) would have some pretty remarkable things to say.

Well, take a look at this — and this is a “success story” they PROMOTE.

<snipped>

OT VIII has been a huge disaster since it was released.

In fact, there are more OT VIII’s who have left scientology than remain.

That is a damning indictment of what all that money and sacrifice brings people reaching the pinnacle of the Bridge.

More at http://www.mikerindersblog.org/ot-viii-is-lame/
    • Like Like x 3