Customize

The Smoking Gun: Trump, The Least Charitable Billionaire

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hushpuppy, Apr 12, 2011.

1. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mann Ace Member

It was an incredibly stupid thing for her to say. She's supposed to be above politics, a-political. Now, we know she isn't, she's deep in the mud and the muck of partisan politics.

If the scenarios plays out as you suggest, she'd have to recuse herself, now wouldn't she? She'll have to recuse herself in many other scenarios if he wins. She just pulled a bone headed move, no matter who you support for president.
  3. Disambiguation Global Moderator

I dont know -she's looked like she was dead or dying for the last couple of years, she has a lifetime appointment and can't get fired. Trump is outrageous and prancing around that has created this horrible amazing fantastical situation in which a idiot with lots of money and emotional needs is a potential world leader. Good for her. If more people said it maybe we wouldn't be here. What would she have to recuse herself from? Trump's impeachment?
  4. Mann Ace Member

Uh, OK.
    The people who judge the issues are supposed to be above politics, not partisan hacks who can't be trusted with their position.

What Ginsberg did to the Court is what Comey did to the FBI. They both told us, in no uncertain terms, that our institutions are politically motivated and can no longer be trusted.

What a great legacy, huh?

Just imagine Clarence Thomas saying "“I can’t imagine what the country would be with Hillary Clinton as our president"

The left would freak out.

What an election cycle this is, the bombast versus the career criminal. What a choice. Hmmm, maybe I'll move to New Zealand.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. The Wrong Guy Member

Fox News cuts ties with Newt Gingrich amid VP speculation – campaign live | The Guardian

Quote:

With former House speaker Newt Gingrich being floated as a potential running mate for presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, Fox News has issued a statement declaring that its contributor agreement with Gingrich is officially over.

“Fox News Channel has mutually agreed to suspend its contributor agreement” with Gingrich “effective immediately,” according to a Fox News statement provided to CNN.

“Due to the intense media speculation about Gingrich’s potential selection as Donald Trump’s vice presidential candidate, we felt it best to halt his contributor role on the network to avoid all conflicts of interest that may arise,” executive vice president for news Jay Wallace said.

Gingrich has been a Fox News contributor since October 2015.

Source and updates:
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ers-clinton-new-hampshire-trump-election-2016
  6. The Wrong Guy Member

Trump’s Jesus Advisor Will Resurrect Your Dead Relatives For Low, Low Price of $1,144!

Quote:

Perhaps the strongest evidence that Donald Trump may be slightly more cynical about religion than he claims to be is the fact that the religious advisors he has chosen to surround himself with are the absolute most batshit kind out there. He’s not even just going with regular old Jesus Freaks, he’s going with ones who say they can stop tsunamis with their minds. You know, the kinds of people you would probably only say were a good representation of Christians as a whole if you were making fun of Christians. It’s pretty clear that his thing here is “OH, these people are crazy, so I will pick the wackiest Christian advisors I can find, and then they will think I am the greatest.”

ENTER PAULA WHITE!

Paula White is the lady what put together Trump’s Evangelical Advisory Committee. Reportedly, she is also the one responsible for leading Trump to accept Jesus Christ as his personal savior. Which is not surprising, since they have a lot in common, in that they are both really into scamming people for lots of money!

Naturally, she is a televangelist — the kind of televangelist that is into the whole “prosperity gospel” thing. This means that she asks you for money and tells you that if you give her money, that God will be all like “Good job, you!” and then you will win the lottery or something. Which definitely is not any kind of scam at all! Also I have some land to sell you in Florida!

She’s gotten into some trouble for this before.

But what makes this lady special, in a sea full of Creflo Dollars and Joel Osteen? WELL, she has got a special and unique product! A RESURRECTION SEED. A magical bean of some kind, which will resurrect you or your dead relatives, or something! On Easter! Just like JESUS! And it only costs 1,144 dollars!

Continued here:
    http://wonkette.com/603950/trump-christian-advisor-paula-white-ressurection-seed
    • Like Like x 1
  7. White Tara Global Moderator

With appointments like that, its almost as if he wants to be caught out...almost.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Donald Trump wants black people to know he is a victim of injustice too.
    “There are some black Americans who believe that the system is biased against them,” O’Reilly told Trump incredulously. He then asked, “What do you say to them?"
    "Well, I’ve been saying, even against me the system is rigged. When I ran for president, I could see what is going on with the system, and the system is rigged.” Trump also added, for good measure, “I can really relate it very much to myself."
  9. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Donald's crazy is now part of the Republican Party platform.
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

11. Mann Ace Member

Some of us remember Jeremiah Wright
    I just looked at the Democratic Party platform. We can talk about different types of crazy, if you like.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

An Interview With Michael T. Flynn, the Ex-Pentagon Spy Who Supports Donald Trump

Retired Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn, former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, is convinced the nation is facing a potential existential threat: a rising tide of Muslim extremists. Since being forced to retire in August 2014, Flynn has been an outspoken critic of the administration, alleging the Obama White House has failed to confront what he calls “radical Islam.”

Flynn is now taking his message to the biggest stage possible: the 2016 presidential election. Last week, the New York Post reported that Flynn, a registered Democrat, was being considered as a running mate for Donald Trump on the Republican ticket.

Continued here:
    https://theintercept.com/2016/07/13/an-interview-with-lt-gen-michael-flynn/

ACLU Gears Up to Fight Donald Trump’s Long List of Unconstitutional Proposals

The American Civil Liberties Union is preparing to fight a deluge of unconstitutional acts should Donald Trump become president.

“If implemented, Donald Trump’s policies will spark a constitutional and legal challenge that will require all hands on deck at the ACLU,” said Executive Director Anthony Romero.

In a 27 page memo released Thursday, the ACLU accuses Trump of “police-state tactics” and says his proposals on counterterrorism, border security, and women’s rights would routinely violate the First, Fourth, Fifth, and Eighth Amendments.

The report says Trump’s plan for a border wall and “deportation force” would escalate the militarization of border communities, “promising a border security approach akin to the fortified shoot-to-kill zones dividing the Koreas.”

And Trump’s pledge to deport 11 million immigrants within two years would require in excess of 15,000 arrests a day, which the ACLU notes could only be achieved with suspicionless arrests, electronic surveillance, and home raids on an unprecedented scale.

Continued here:
    https://theintercept.com/2016/07/14...umps-long-list-of-unconstitutional-proposals/

CIA Director Says Next President Could Order Agency to Torture And It Might Comply

CIA Director John Brennan said Wednesday that the next president could remove the restrictions President Obama has put on the use of drones overseas – and that CIA might comply with an order to commit torture.

Continued here:
    https://theintercept.com/2016/07/13...ident-orders-more-drone-killings-and-torture/
  13. The Wrong Guy Member

CBS News: Trump chooses Pence as running mate

http://www.khou.com/news/politics/trump-says-he-will-announce-running-mate-on-friday/272309892

White House candidate Trump picks Indiana Governor Pence for running mate: media | Reuters

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-pence-idUSKCN0ZU20I

GOP campaign sources signaling Indiana Gov. Mike Pence is Trump's VP pick | CNBC

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/14/trump-chooses-a-vice-president-candidate.html

Why Donald Trump Is Picking Mike Pence for Vice President | Fortune

http://fortune.com/2016/07/14/why-donald-trump-is-picking-mike-pence-for-vice-president/
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

Who Is Mike Pence? | The Onion

Quote:

Indiana governor Mike Pence will reportedly be Donald Trump’s running mate on the Republican ticket in the 2016 presidential election. Here’s what you need to know about Pence:
    • Current Residence: Real America
    • Little-Known Fact: All
    • Strengths: White, red-faced
    • Weaknesses: Overt prejudices against homosexuals, Syrian refugees, immigrants, welfare recipients, and abortion patients doesn’t bring anything particularly new to Trump campaign
    • Inspirational Background Story: Somehow overcame growing nationwide biases against white, heterosexual, Christian men to become governor of Indiana
    • Level Of Social Conservative: Extra staunchy
    • Views On LGBT Rights: Believes gay couples are entitled to the same respect as perverted, devious straight couples
    • Accomplishments As Governor: Shifted Indiana from oft-overlooked state to lightning rod for condemnation
    • Gubernatorial Campaign Motto: Leviticus 20:13
    • Favorite Sexual Position: Non-penetrative
    • Title Of Future Autobiography: Running For Dear Life: My Hellish Four Months Inside Trump’s Fractured Mirror-World
    Source: http://www.theonion.com/graphic/who-mike-pence-53218
  15. Hmm. Not entirely surprising that we are hearing this leaked a day early. It's hard to keep a secret this big.

I had been expecting to wait till tomorrow to find out.

Didn't Pence tepidly endorse Cruz before the Indiana primary?
  16. The Wrong Guy Member

Donald Trump Postpones Naming Running Mate | The New York Times

Donald J. Trump’s presidential campaign signaled strongly on Thursday that he would name Gov. Mike Pence of Indiana as his running mate, but abruptly postponed a long-planned unveiling of the Republican ticket after an attack that left dozens dead in France.

Mr. Trump said on Twitter that he was delaying his announcement after the “horrible attack” in Nice. He did not specify when the event would go forward.

<snipped>

Mr. Gingrich, in a video broadcast on Facebook, said Mr. Pence would bring “Midwestern appeal” to the Trump ticket, and would pair Mr. Trump with a “relatively stable, more normal person.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/15/us/politics/mike-pence-donald-trump-vice-president.html
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Disambiguation Global Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  18. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  19. NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—Governor Chris Christie, of New Jersey, angrily refused to pick up Donald Trump’s dry cleaning during a tense encounter between the two men on Friday, campaign sources confirm.

The ugly scene unfolded at the billionaire’s offices in midtown Manhattan, shortly after Trump revealed that his Vice-Presidential pick would be Governor Mike Pence of Indiana.

According to Trump aides, Christie stomped into the presumptive Republican nominee’s office and hurled a dry-cleaning ticket onto his desk, telling Trump, “You can pick up your own damn dry cleaning.”

The New Jersey governor then stormed out, and has not been seen by Trump or his staffers since.

Trump’s press secretary, Hope Hicks, warned the media against making too much of the apparent rift between the billionaire and Christie. “In the long hours of a campaign, emotions can sometimes get a little raw,” she said. “We are confident that Governor Christie will pick up Mr. Trump’s dry cleaning going forward.”

Reached later by reporters, Governor Christie issued a brief statement: “Get away from me. Just get away from me, you bastards.”
    http://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...ristie-refuses-to-pick-up-trumps-dry-cleaning
  20. A football star listed as a speaker for Trump refused. Tim Tebow says it's a rumor. According to Trump's campaign manager Trump make a EMOTIONAL decision to delay announcing his choice for VP because of the French killings. Fail as leader. Sad.
  21. He didn't delay his announcement, though. I saw a USA Today headline a few minutes ago that said Pence has been announced, today, on schedule.
  22. The Wrong Guy Member

Donald Trump just turned a key moment into a complete mess (once again) | The Washington Post

Excerpt:

On Thursday morning, the Pence story broke and the campaign denied that a decision had been made, which isn't uncommon. But for once, it seems as though a decision maybe hadn't been made — or, worse, that it had been made and then Trump pulled back. Newt Gingrich, one of the two other primary contenders for the position, hadn't been contacted by the campaign by the time the Star was running its story; it's not clear when or if Trump contacted him at all. NBC reports that Trump called Gov. Chris Christie — the other contender — Thursday afternoon, but didn't tell him yes or no. Was Trump keeping his options open? He said last night that he hadn't made a "final, final decision" — but Pence had already set off for his hotel in New York for the campaign kickoff.

Then, in a completely baffling move, Trump announced that his previously announced plan to unveil his pick on Friday at Trump Tower was being scrapped, ostensibly because of the terror attack in Nice on Thursday night. But that attack didn't stop Trump from otherwise campaigning: He held a fundraiser on Thursday night, well after the attacks, and called in to multiple Fox News programs to weigh in on the attacks.

The postponement lacks any logical explanation whatsoever — particularly because Trump went ahead and made his announcement on Friday morning anyway, albeit on Twitter. (As Bloomberg reported last month, such an announcement was a fear of his advisers, who worried that "Trump may decide on his own to post the announcement on Twitter one night with little warning.") Was it Trump wanting more time to weigh his options? Was it ... what was it? Some people on social media speculated that Trump worried that he'd be competing for media attention with coverage of Nice, which seems possible. Other speculation indicates that it was a fit of pique about having the decision leak — which also seems more than possible.

Whatever the reason for the not-actually-a-postponement, the campaign clearly wasn't ready for the announcement itself. Politico's Shane Goldmacher outlined on Twitter a number of things that most campaigns would do to prepare for the moment: Updating the campaign website, refocusing Pence's social media to reflect his new position, buying Google ads for people curious about Pence (of whom there are a lot) or even releasing information about Pence to the media and public. Four days ago, Trump promised those who signed up for text alerts that they would be "among the first of my supporters to know" once he made his decision. It's been almost an hour since he tweeted Pence as his pick, as of writing; no text message with that news has arrived. (Update: It arrived two hours after the tweet, which had already been tweeted 26,000 times.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...a-key-moment-into-a-complete-mess-once-again/
  23. Disambiguation Global Moderator

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/800dc804-748a-32b1-ba04-a7dadeb1b15a/trump-military-adviser-wants.html
    "Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, a military adviser to Donald Trump’s campaign who was briefly on the vice presidential short list, repeatedly called on a deceased Iranian leader to denounce the terrorist attack in Nice, France. “I want the Imam, or I want Khomeini in Iran to stand up and be counted,” Flynn told Fox’s Megyn Kelly on Thursday night. Twelve hours later, Flynn again called on the late leader to respond to the attacks. “I have called out for the leaders of Iran ― Khomeini ― and the leaders of the Muslim world” to denounce the terrorist attack, Flynn told “Fox & Friends” on Friday morning. “I can tick them off if you want, there’s a bunch of countries with a bunch of so-called leaders,”"
  24. DeathHamster Member

25. [IMG]

""When two people love each other very much and want to start a campaign together..." pic.twitter.com/OkOncMsbth

— Ellie Hall (@ellievhall) July 15, 2016
    What is the T doing to that P? https://t.co/tDvYm2QJYi

— John Dingell (@JohnDingell) July 15, 2016
    "I guarantee you there's no problem with the size of the T." https://t.co/GT6s6oveEc

— Binyamin Appelbaum (@BCAppelbaum) July 15, 2016
    The Trump/Pence logo should be pixellated at the point where the T penetrates the P's hole pic.twitter.com/WxUedIB42A

— Erin Gloria Ryan (@morninggloria) July 15, 2016
    How are we supposed to explain the new Trump logo to our children??
  26. Disambiguation Global Moderator

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trumps-pence-introduction-takes-2016-even-weirder-direction
  27. The Wrong Guy Member

28. Disambiguation Global Moderator

29. Disambiguation Global Moderator

30. The Wrong Guy Member

Michael Calderone ‏@mlcalderone 27 minutes ago
    Trump "has not read four biographies written about him, yet he called three of the authors of those books "lowlifes".

Donald Trump doesn’t read much. Being president probably wouldn’t change that. | The Washington Post

Excerpts:

Trump’s desk is piled high with magazines, nearly all of them with himself on their covers, and each morning, he reviews a pile of printouts of news articles about himself that his secretary delivers to his desk. But there are no shelves of books in his office, no computer on his desk.

Trump has no shortage of strong opinions even about books he has not read. He told The Washington Post that he has not read four biographies written about him, yet he called three of the authors of those books “lowlifes,” and he sued one of them for libel.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ddf2bc-4932-11e6-90a8-fb84201e0645_story.html
  31. Disambiguation Global Moderator

32. Colbert's "Road to the Whitehouse"

Trump's nickname consultant
  33. The Wrong Guy Member

34. The Wrong Guy Member

35. DeathHamster Member

Smell like cabbage. Small hands.

36. The Wrong Guy Member

37. The Wrong Guy Member

Javier Panzar ‏@jpanzar 22 minutes ago Los Angeles, CA
    The similarities between Michelle Obama's 2008 DNC speech &amp; Melania Trump's #RNCinCLE.
    First noticed by @JarrettHill
    CnswbQ0WcAELP27.jpg
    Javier Panzar ‏@jpanzar 17 minutes ago Los Angeles, CA
    More on the similarities between Melania Trump's speech &amp; Michelle Obama's speech https://www.diffchecker.com/kpqopvqy
    CnsyA9OXEAU4DR3.jpg
    Matt Pearce ‏@mattdpearce 13 minutes ago
    Why would you plagiarize the personal values of your mortal enemies?

Matt Pearce ‏@mattdpearce 13 minutes ago
    Matt Pearce Retweeted Javier Panzar
    Melania is saying she was raised with the same values as BARACK OBAMA.

Matt Pearce ‏@mattdpearce 7 minutes ago
    AHHHH IT'S LITERALLY A PLAGIARIZED PASSAGE ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF HARD WORK.

Matt Pearce ‏@mattdpearce 6 minutes ago
    I'm sorry I still can't handle it.
    • Like Like x 1