Customize

The Smoking Gun: Trump, The Least Charitable Billionaire

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hushpuppy, Apr 12, 2011.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Disambiguation Global Moderator

3. The Wrong Guy Member

North Korea Fires a Ballistic Missile, in a Further Challenge to Trump | The New York Times

Quote:

North Korea fired a ballistic missile on Wednesday morning for the first time in more than two months, defying demands from President Trump to halt its weapons programs and raising the stakes in an increasingly tense standoff with the United States and its allies.

“North Korea launched an unidentified ballistic missile eastward from the vicinity of Pyongsong,” at dawn on Wednesday, the South Korean Joint Chiefs of Staff said in a statement. Pyongsong, in western North Korea, is about 20 miles northeast of Pyongyang, the capital.

The launch was also confirmed by the Japanese prime minister’s office.

The new missile firing came as North Korea has increased the frequency and daring of its missile tests, sending two missiles over Japan in August and September, while demonstrating technical progress that suggested it had developed the ability to strike the continental United States.

In a Sept. 19 speech at the United Nations, Mr. Trump warned that if North Korea threatened the United States or its allies, Washington would have “no choice but to totally destroy North Korea,” and he mockingly referred to its leader, Kim Jong-un, as “rocket man.”

The North Korean leader responded by calling Mr. Trump “a mentally deranged U.S. dotard,” and his foreign minister later warned that Mr. Kim could order the test of a hydrogen bomb over the Pacific.

Continued at https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/28/world/asia/north-korea-missile-test.html
  4. Disambiguation Global Moderator

5. Disambiguation Global Moderator

6. http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...mueller-probe-will-be-done-by-end-of-the-year
    Trump is insane.
  7. Disambiguation Global Moderator

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/flynns-deeds-are-much-worse-than-we-thought
    This is a concise list of Flynn's crimes and collusion and conspiracies. A Turkish money launderer has flipped on Flynn so he is in deep doo doo. Additionally he's been caught promoting the policies of companies he represented before he joined our government.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. http://time.com/5040548/conservative-speaker-uconn-arrested-altercation/
    He blamed the U Conn students for his grabbing the girl.
    "“It’s really unfortunate that some of the kids at @UConn felt the need to be violent and disruptive during a speech that focused on how the leftist media is turning Americans against each other,” Wintrich wrote on Twitter early Wednesday after he was released from police custody. “Tonight proved my point.”"
  9. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5130959/Trump-fires-Theresa-far-right-video-row.html

'Don't focus on me, focus on the Radical Islamic Terrorism that is taking place within the UK': Trump lashes out at British PM after she criticized him for retweeting far-Right videos - but he manages to tweet at the WRONG Theresa May

• Trump said his British counterpart should be focusing on terrorism in the UK
    • May slammed the president after he shared anti-Muslim videos posted by the leader of the far right Britain First
    • But Trump overlooked her criticism, and said she should be focused on keeping her people safe
    • He wrote: 'Theresa @theresamay, don’t focus on me, focus on the destructive Radical Islamic Terrorism that is taking place within the United Kingdom'
    • Twitter users were also quick to point out that the president had tagged the wrong Theresa in his message
    Donald Trump has fired back at Theresa May by saying she should concentrate on 'Radical Islamic Terrorism taking place in the UK' and not his Twitter activity.
    The British Prime Minister slammed the president on Wednesday after he retweeted anti-Muslim videos posted by the leader of the far-right group, Britain First.
    The first clip he shared depicted a 'Muslim migrant' beating up a 'Dutch boy on crutches'.
    But Trump overlooked her criticism, and hinted that she should be focusing on potential security threats and radicalization and her doorstep instead.
    He wrote: 'Theresa @theresamay, don’t focus on me, focus on the destructive Radical Islamic Terrorism that is taking place within the United Kingdom. We are doing just fine!'
    Twitter users were also quick to point out that the president had tagged the wrong Theresa in his message.
    He posted the same message a few moments later with the correct Twitter handle.
    The firestorm over Trump's move on social media came during a fierce debate in Britain as to whether he should be invited on a state visit.

Scroll down for video
    [IMG]
    Donald Trump has fired back at Theresa May by saying she should concentrate on 'Radical Islamic Terrorism taking place in the UK' and not his Twitter activity. Twitter users were also quick to point out that the president had tagged the wrong Theresa in his message

[IMG]
    He posted the same message a few moments later with the correct Twitter handle. For a few minutes he left the original tweet up

[IMG]
    [IMG]

The British Prime Minister (right) slammed the president on Wednesday after he retweeted anti-Muslim videos posted by the leader of the far right Britain First

[IMG]
    The first video President Trump posted depicted 'Muslim migrant' according to Jayda Fransen, beating up a 'Dutch boy on crutches'

Tory Communities Secretary Sajid Javid was the first member of Theresa May’s cabinet to respond to Trump’s retweeting of the Britain First videos.
    Mr Javid, who is a Muslim claimed on Twitter that Trump ‘has endorsed the views of a vile, hate-filled racist organisation that hates me and people like me. He is wrong and I refuse to let it go and say nothing’.
    London’s Mayor Sadiq Khan, who has been a target of Trump on Twitter in the past wrote: ‘Britain First is a vile, hate-fuelled organisation whose views should be condemned, not amplified.’
    Furious MPs insisted Mr Trump was 'not welcome here' following the Twitter posts but No 10 said his invite to come to Britain on a state visit still stands.
    The storm over the posts - first shared by Britain First's deputy leader - deepened as the widow of murdered MP Jo Cox accused him of 'spreading hatred'.
    The furious backlash came after the 71-year-old President retweeted content posted by Britain First's Jayda Fransen.
    Labour politician Mrs Cox was stabbed and shot outside her constituency office in Birstall, West Yorkshire, in June 2016 by a man who shouted 'Britain First'.

Donald Trump has fired back at Theresa May by saying she should concentrate on 'Radical Islamic Terrorism taking place in the UK' and not his Twitter activity.
    The British Prime Minister slammed the president on Wednesday after he retweeted anti-Muslim videos posted by the leader of the far-right group, Britain First.
    The first clip he shared depicted a 'Muslim migrant' beating up a 'Dutch boy on crutches'.
    But Trump overlooked her criticism, and hinted that she should be focusing on potential security threats and radicalization and her doorstep instead.
    He wrote: 'Theresa @theresamay, don’t focus on me, focus on the destructive Radical Islamic Terrorism that is taking place within the United Kingdom. We are doing just fine!'
    Twitter users were also quick to point out that the president had tagged the wrong Theresa in his message.
    The firestorm over Trump's move on social media came during a fierce debate in Britain as to whether he should be invited on a state visit.

Scroll down for video
    [IMG]
    Donald Trump has fired back at Theresa May by saying she should concentrate on 'Radical Islamic Terrorism taking place in the UK' and not his Twitter activity. Twitter users were also quick to point out that the president had tagged the wrong Theresa in his message

[IMG]
    He posted the same message a few moments later with the correct Twitter handle. For a few minutes he left the original tweet up

[IMG]
    [IMG]

The British Prime Minister (right) slammed the president on Wednesday after he retweeted anti-Muslim videos posted by the leader of the far right Britain First

[IMG]
    The first video President Trump posted depicted 'Muslim migrant' according to Jayda Fransen, beating up a 'Dutch boy on crutches'

Tory Communities Secretary Sajid Javid was the first member of Theresa May’s cabinet to respond to Trump’s retweeting of the Britain First videos.
    Mr Javid, who is a Muslim claimed on Twitter that Trump ‘has endorsed the views of a vile, hate-filled racist organisation that hates me and people like me. He is wrong and I refuse to let it go and say nothing’.
    London’s Mayor Sadiq Khan, who has been a target of Trump on Twitter in the past wrote: ‘Britain First is a vile, hate-fuelled organisation whose views should be condemned, not amplified.’
    Furious MPs insisted Mr Trump was 'not welcome here' following the Twitter posts but No 10 said his invite to come to Britain on a state visit still stands.
    The storm over the posts - first shared by Britain First's deputy leader - deepened as the widow of murdered MP Jo Cox accused him of 'spreading hatred'.
    The furious backlash came after the 71-year-old President retweeted content posted by Britain First's Jayda Fransen.
    Labour politician Mrs Cox was stabbed and shot outside her constituency office in Birstall, West Yorkshire, in June 2016 by a man who shouted 'Britain First'.

2017: Britain First's Jayda Fransen arrested for violating bail

Loaded: 0%
    Progress: 0%
    0:00

Previous

Play
    Skip

Mute
    Current Time0:00
    /
    Duration Time1:32

Fullscreen
    Need Text

[IMG]

2017: Britain First's Jayda Fransen arrested for violating bail

Loaded: 0%
    Progress: 0%
    0:00

Previous

Play
    Skip

Mute
    Current Time0:00
    /
    Duration Time1:32

Fullscreen
    Need Text

10. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...trump-sexual-misconduct-allegations-full-list

[IMG]

A
    growing list of powerful men have faced serious consequences for sexual misconduct allegations but the most powerful one of all has faced none. Instead Donald Trump's official position, as his spokeswoman Sarah Sanders recently clarified in a White House press briefing, is that the 20 women accusing him of assault and harassment are lying. Trump has also suggested some were not attractive enough for him to want to sexually assault. As the conversation around sexual conduct continues to evolve, and new abusers are revealed, here are the cases against the president.

[IMG]
    “He was like an octopus … His hands were everywhere.”Jessica Leeds

Age 38 Year: 1980s Location: A first-class cabin of a plane
    Leeds alleges Trump groped grabbed her breasts and tried to put his hand up her skirt. Source: The New York Times
    [IMG]
    "I referred to this as a ‘rape’, but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense."Ivana Trump

Age 40 Year: 1989 Location: The master bedroom of the Trump Tower triplex
    In a divorce deposition, Trump's first wife used "rape" to describe an incident that transpired between them. After a settlement was reached, and the rape allegation became public in a 1993 book, Ivana softened the claim. As part of her nondisclosure agreement, she is not allowed to discuss her marriage to Trump without his permission. Source: Lost Tycoon: The Many Lives of Donald J Trump
    “He pushed me up against the wall, and had his hands all over me and tried to get up my dress again.”Jill Harth

Age Early 30s Year: 1993 Location: One of the children's bedrooms at Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate
    A former business partner, Harth alleges Trump forcibly kissed her on the lips and groped her breasts and grabbed her genitals, in what she referred to in a 1997 lawsuit as "attempted rape". On a previous occasion, she alleges, he groped her under the table during dinner with colleagues at the Plaza Hotel. Source: The Guardian
    [IMG]
    "He did touch my vagina through my underwear."Kristen Anderson

Age Early 20s Year: Early 1990s Location: China Club, a Manhattan nightclub
    Anderson alleges Trump put his hand up her skirt and touched her genitals through her underwear. Source: The Washington Post
    [IMG]
    “[Trump] stuck his head right underneath their skirts.”Lisa Boyne

Age 25 Year: 1996 Location: A New York restaurant
    Boyne alleges Trump insisted the female models walk across the table and that he looked up their skirts, commenting on whether they were wearing underwear and their genitalia. Source: The Huffington Post
    [IMG]
    “He took my hand, and grabbed me, and went for the lips.”Cathy Heller

Age 44 Year: 1997 Location: A Mother’s Day brunch at Mar-a-Lago
    Heller alleges Trump forcibly kissed her on the lips in public. Source: The Guardian
    “He kissed me directly on the lips."Temple Taggart

Age 21 Year: 1997 Location: A 1997 Miss USA pageant event and in Trump Tower
    The former Miss Utah alleges Trump forcibly kissed her on the mouth on two occassions, including the first time she met him. Source: The New York Times
    [IMG]
    "I remember putting on my dress really quick because I was like, 'Oh my God, there’s a man in here.'"Mariah Billado

Age 18 Year: 1997 Location: Backstage at the 1997 Miss Teen USA pageant
    The former Miss Vermont Teen USA and other unnamed accusers allege Trump walked into the dressing room unannounced while teen beauty queens aged 15 to 19 were naked. Source: BuzzFeed
    "Then his hand touched the right side of my breast. I was in shock."Karena Virginia

Age 27 Year: 1998 Location: Waiting for a car after the US Open in New York
    Virginia alleges Trump grabbed her arm and touched her breast. Source: Gloria Allred press event
    “The time that he walked through the dressing rooms was really shocking. We were all naked.”Bridget Sullivan

Age 19 Year: 2000 Location: Backstage at the 2000 Miss USA pageant
    The former Miss New Hampshire alleges Trump walked in to the dressing room unannounced while contestants were naked. Source: BuzzFeed
    [IMG]
    "Our first introduction to him was when we were at the dress rehearsal and half-naked changing into our bikinis.”Tasha Dixon

Age 19 Year: 2001 Location: Backstage at the 2001 Miss USA pageant
    The former Miss Arizona alleges Trump entered dressing rooms while her fellow contestants were "half-naked". Source: CBS News
    [IMG]
    “All of a sudden I felt a grab, a little nudge."Melinda McGillivray

Age 23 Year: 2003 Location: At Mar-a-Lago during a concert by Ray Charles
    McGillivray alleges Trump grabbed her buttock in a pavilion behind the main house in the middle of a group of people. Source: Palm Beach Post
    "I was thinking ‘Oh, he’s going to hug me’, but when he pulled my face in and gave me a smooch. I was like ‘Oh – kay.’"Jennifer Murphy

Age 26 Year: 2005 Location: Outside an elevator after an interview
    The former contestant on The Apprentice alleges Trump forcibly kissed her after a job interview.
    [IMG]
    “[Trump] kissed me directly on the mouth.”Rachel Crooks

Age 22 Year: 2005 Location: Outside the elevator in Trump Tower
    Crooks alleges Trump kissed her forcibly on the lips. Source: New York Times
    [IMG]
    "I turned around, and within seconds he was pushing me against the wall and forcing his tongue down my throat."Natasha Stoynoff

Age 40 Year: 2005 Location: A closed-door room in Mar-a-Lago
    Stoynoff alleges Trump forcibly kissed her. Source: People
    [IMG]
    “Trump stood right next to me and suddenly he squeezed my butt."Ninni Laaksonen

Age 20 Year: 2006 Location: Outside the Ed Sullivan Theater before an appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman
    The former Miss Finland alleges Trump grabbed her buttocks during a photoshoot before an appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman. Source: Finnish newspaper Ilta-Sanomat
    [IMG]
    "When we entered the room he grabbed each of us tightly in a hug and kissed each of us on the lips without asking for permission."Jessica Drake

Age 32 Year: 2006 Location: A golf tournament in Lake Tahoe
    Drake alleges Trump forcibly kissed her and two female friends on the lips and when rebuffed, pursued her, asking: "How much?" Source: Gloria Allred press event
    [IMG]
    "He would step in front of each girl and look you over from head to toe like we were just meat, we were just sexual objects, that we were not people."Samantha Holvey

Age 20 Year: 2006 Location: Miss USA 2006 pageant
    The former Miss North Carolina alleges Trump would barge into the pageant dressing room and inspected women like "meat". Source: CNN
    “He then grabbed my shoulder and began kissing me again very aggressively and placed his hand on my breast."Summer Zervos

Age Early 30s Year: 2007 Location: Trump Tower and a hotel in Los Angeles
    The former contestant on The Apprentice has accused Trump of groping and kissing her on two occasions. She has filed a defamation claim against the now-president. Source: Gloria Allred press event
    [IMG]
    “He probably doesn’t want me telling the story about that time he continually grabbed my ass and invited me to his hotel room.”Cassandra Searles

Age 24 Year: 2013 Location: Miss USA 2013 pageant
    The former Miss Washington 2013 alleges in a comment on Facebook that Trump repeatedly grabbed her buttocks and invited her to his hotel room. Source: Facebook, via Yahoo News
  11. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/30/thursday-briefing-trump-races-himself-to-the-bottom

Top story: Vile tweets, then a row with wrong Theresa

Hello, it’s Warren Murray here – let’s get you started.
    The air between Donald Trump and Theresa May turned toxic overnight after the US president hit back at her criticism of his retweeting racist videos. In typically hotheaded style, Trump initially directed his customary Twitter outburst at the wrong person – a random user with the handle “@theresamay”. That blunder aside, though, it puts May in a diplomatic bind as she discovers she does not have a friend in the US president – remembering that she has offered him a state visit to Britain, an invitation that some MPs now want rescinded.
    [IMG]
    Guardian Morning Briefing - sign up and start the day one step ahead

Read more
    As well as the real May censuring the president for transmitting offensive Britain First videos about Muslims, Jeremy Corbyn has condemned the act as “abhorrent, dangerous and a threat to our country”. Sajid Javid, Westminster’s only Muslim cabinet minister, wrote: “So Potus has endorsed the views of a vile, hate-filled racist organisation that hates me and people like me. He is wrong and I refuse to let it go and say nothing.” In one of those tortuous feats of spin that are becoming her stock in trade, Trump’s spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said: “Whether it’s a real video, the threat is real. [Trump’s] goal is to promote strong border security and strong national security.”
    Trump’s odiousness is further catalogued today in our detailed list of the sexual misconduct allegations arising from his past. Twenty women have accused him of groping, forcing kisses on them or bursting into dressing rooms where teenage girls were naked. A growing list of powerful men have faced repercussions recently for such behaviour but Trump has not – the official White House position is that all his accusers are lying.
  12. Trump and that guy are so alike in their arrogance, and both absolutely deluded.
  13. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5131605/Trump-mocked-tweeting-WRONG-Theresa-May.html

'You need to learn your world leaders, Mr President!': Trump is mocked mercilessly for tweeting the WRONG Theresa May - a 41-year-old mother from Bognor Regis with only six followers on Twitter

• PM criticised Trump for sharing anti-Muslim videos posted online by Britain First
    • US President hit back and told her to focus on 'Islamic Terrorism in the UK'
    • Unfortunately he sent initial blast to Theresa May Scrivener from Bognor Regis
    • Mrs Scrivener had six followers and posts limited to criticism of a curry house
    • Trump once tagged a Brighton council worker in tweet about daughter Ivanka

By MARTIN ROBINSON, UK CHIEF REPORTER FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 08:09, 30 November 2017 | UPDATED: 09:11, 30 November 2017

View comments

A Theresa May from Bognor Regis with just six followers on Twitter inadvertently found herself at the centre of a trans-Atlantic political row between Donald Trump and the Prime Minister last night.
    The President of the United States blasted Mrs May over her criticism of his decision to share anti-Muslim videos posted online by far-right group Britain First.
    But instead of sending his message to Downing Street he sent it to a Theresa May Scrivener who lives in a flat in Bognor near its seafront.
    The wrong Theresa is 41 and appears to live with her partner Steve and has only tweeted nine times since 2009.
    Her sporadic social media posts are about local issues rather than diplomatic relations with the US including several about the quality and value of a local curry house's poppadoms and chutney tray.
    Mr Trump's tagging mistake led to a flurry of tweets urging him to 'learn his world leaders'.

[IMG]
    A Theresa May from Bognor Regis (pictured with her partner Steve) inadvertently found herself at the centre of a political row between Donald Trump and the Prime Minister last night
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Spot the difference: One Theresa is a mother from the south coast - the other is the Prime Minister
    [IMG]

Donald Trump fired back at Theresa May by saying she should concentrate on 'Radical Islamic Terrorism taking place in the UK' - but sent it to the wrong Theresa
    [IMG]
    Twitter users were quick to point out that the president had tagged the wrong Theresa in his message
    RELATED ARTICLES

Theresa from Bognor is yet to respond but many have tweeted the US president on her behalf, but her followers have started to rise.
    [IMG]
    Theresa from Bognor is yet to respond but many have tweeted the US president on her behalf and slammed him for his mistake
    One Briton wrote: 'He even tweeted the wrong Theresa May when he decided to tell her to mind her own business. Imagine sitting there watching TV and the president starts having a go at you'.
    Jonny Lee‏ wrote: 'Love how #Trump tweeted the wrong Theresa May to begin with! Teresa May with 59 followers got a personal barrage from the leader of the free world this morning!
    Roger Jermyn‏ said: 'He is so confused and out of his mind his first tweet was directed at @theresamay an innocent women with 6 followers'.
    Another tweeted: 'Poor @theresamay with her 6 followers must be totally embarrassed '.
    Most of the responses offered their condolences to the first woman, with many Americans apologising for the actions of their president.
    "Sorry for @POTUS putting you on the spot like that," wrote one user.
    "Sorry about @realDonaldTrump £LeaveTheresaAlone," added another.
    It was not the first time the user has been mistaken for the Prime Minister, however, as she appears to receive almost daily tweets from Twitter users asking her to fix the NHS or speed up the Brexit process.
    Neither was it the first time Mr Trump has directed his 44 million followers to the wrong account.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Angry Brits have hit back at Trump over his criticism of Mrs May and the UK
    In January he mistakenly tagged a woman from Brighton in a tweet instead of his own daughter.
    Quoting an account which has since been suspended, her wrote: "@Ivanka Trump is great, a woman with real character and class."
    The owner of the @Ivanka account, a digital consultant from Brighton, replied: "And you're a man with great responsibilities. May I suggest more care on Twitter and more time learning about £climatechange."
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Donald Trump has previously mistaken his daughter Ivanka for a council worker from Brighton in another tagging disaster
    In January a council worker from Brighton woke up to discover Donald Trump mistook her for his daughter.

The US president-elect quoted a message which praised his daughter, Ivanka Trump, calling her 'a woman with real character and class'.
    But instead of tagging the 35-year-old businesswoman, he posted the Twitter handle of Ivanka Majic, from the south-east of England.
    The mistake sparked a Twitter storm, which resulted in Ms Majic's profile trending on social media, in what has been described as an 'embarrassing' moment for The Donald.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Donald Trump mistook his daughter (right) for council worker, Ivanka Majic (left), from Brighton, after tagging the wrong woman on Twitter
    [IMG]

After waking up to thousands of notifications, the Labour-supporting Ms Majic told Good Morning Britain's Susanna Reid and Piers Morgan: 'My politics couldn't be further from Donald Trump.
    'Rather than be concerned at the spaces he puts in his tweets I'm more concerned by the stance that he takes on climate change.
    'I am smart enough to switch off my phone and notifications before I get to sleep.

'Some people clock quite quickly who I am ... some are rude. I don't think (I should) take it too seriously.'
    Ms Majic added: 'It's not a new thing. I've had the @Ivanka handle for a long time, it's my name.
    'All the way through the election I've been tweeted and I did during the election have a twitter box encouraging people to vote for Hillary (Clinton).
    'It's also quite amusing because I'm getting all this attention and yet my politics couldn't be further from Donald Trump's.
    'So rather than being concerned about the space he puts in his tweets, I'm more concerned about his stance on climate change.'
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Instead of tagging the 35-year-old businesswoman (left), he posted the Twitter handle of Ivanka Majic (right), from the south-east of England

All that stupid in the one man!
  14. Yeah we already know that.
  15. The Wrong Guy Member

Trump, Twitter and his 'filter bubble' | BBC News

Although his main Twitter account has nearly 44 million followers, President Donald Trump chooses to follow just 45 other Twitter users - all of whom agree with him, most of the time.

Trump’s Tweets Manage a Rare Feat: Uniting Britain, in Outrage | The New York Times

One member of Parliament called him a “fascist.” Another described him as “stupid.” A third wondered aloud whether President Trump was “racist, incompetent or unthinking — or all three.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/30/world/europe/trump-tweets-uk-visit.html
  16. The Wrong Guy Member

Conservative Megadonor Robert Mercer Funded Project Veritas

By Joseph Bernstein and Kendall Taggart, BuzzFeed News

Quote:

The Mercers, secretive billionaires who are among President Trump's most powerful donors, also helped to fund Project Veritas, the controversial activist organization, tax filings obtained by BuzzFeed News show.

Gravitas Maximus LLC — a Mercer investment vehicle through which he also funded the conservative outlet Breitbart — gave $25,000 to Project Veritas, according to a nonpublic portion of a 2012 tax form. The family's involvement has not previously been made public.

The Mercer family did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The filings draw yet another connection in the web of conservative enterprises funded by Robert Mercer, who recently stepped down from his role as co-CEO of hedge fund Renaissance Technologies after a BuzzFeed News exposé revealed the connections among the Mercers, Breitbart, and white nationalists and neo-Nazis.

Project Veritas has come under intense scrutiny this week after one of its operatives, pretending to have been victimized by Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore, tried to dupe the Washington Post. The scheme was uncovered by the Post on Monday. On Wednesday, BuzzFeed News published the names of two dozen donors to Project Veritas. A spokesperson for the organization responded that inquiries about donors were causing a spike in donations.

Continued at https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/conservative-megadonor-robert-mercer-funded-project-veritas
  17. It looks like the Brits won't be getting the red carpet cleaned for Trumps state visit.
  18. Donald's Tweeting in support of the UK's far right is akin to expressing your love for Nazism. It's no surprise the Brit prime minister and press are on the attack.

Trump has flushed himself down the toilet.
  19. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42191166

witter is paralysed by Trump's tweeting

[IMG]
    Dave LeeNorth America technology reporter

• 2 hours ago
    • From the sectionTechnology
    • 86comments

[IMG]Image copyrightGETTY IMAGESImage captionPresident Trump retweeted posts from a British far-right group
    Once again, Twitter finds itself between a rock and a far-right place.
    Donald Trump’s retweeting of Britain First's Jayda Fransen on Wednesday was a truly shocking moment. The British Prime Minister said it was "wrong". It contributed, as one US news site put it, to Trump's "darkest day" as President.
    Yet as Wednesday rolled into Thursday, the leader of the free world retweeting a far-right organisation became just another frightful part of what we apparently refer to as the "new normal".
    Now perhaps the most surprising element of this spectacle isn't that the President amplified the tweets of a woman who has been fined for hate speech - but that those tweets are still there.
    Volatile space
    Recently Twitter has pledged to crack down on hate speech, and, more importantly, promised to be more transparent about how it goes about moderating its increasingly volatile space.
    It said those who engaged in hateful behaviour, online and offline, would see their "verified" status removed, acknowledging that some saw the bright blue tick as badge of honour for Twitter users.
    [IMG]Image copyrightGETTY IMAGESImage captionTwitter has pledged to be more transparent about how it deals with hate speech
    The three tweets in question showed shocking video clips, though Ms Fransen's captions added context that was both inaccurate and inciteful, targeting, as Britain First usually does, Muslim immigrants.
    On Thursday, Twitter said it wouldn't take any action against the tweets - though it did tag the material as "sensitive".
    Despite its new transparency pledge, it refused to offer an explanation, or give any indication - even off the record - as to its reasoning for keeping the tweets online.
    Ms Fransen, Britain First's deputy leader, remains on the platform - verified with a blue tick - despite "offline" behaviour that includes a fine of almost £2,000 for religiously-aggravated harassment of a stranger in the street. Ms Fransen admitted to shouting abuse at the Muslim woman, who was with her children.
    When asked about Ms Fransen's tweets and status, a Twitter spokeswoman sent the BBC the following statement.
    "To help ensure people have an opportunity to see every side of an issue there may be the rare occasion when we allow controversial content or behaviour which may otherwise violate our Rules to remain on our service because we believe there is a legitimate public interest in its availability."
    [IMG]Image copyrightPAImage captionJayda Fransen has more than 52,000 followers on Twitter
    The follow up questions are obvious. What is "every side" to this story? What is the "public interest in its availability"?
    Twitter said it would not offer further comment.
    Irrelevant nature
    One argument might be that the precise content of the videos are important to those wanting to have an informed opinion on Trump's decision - but even his own press secretary apparently disagrees with that.
    "I'm not talking about the nature of the video," Sarah Huckabee Sanders told White House reporters on Wednesday.
    "I think you're focusing on the wrong thing. The threat is real, and that's what the president is talking about."
    [IMG]

Media captionThe White House says Trump's Britain First tweets were about border security
    In other words, the content of the videos were irrelevant to Trump's wider point, whatever that may have been. Twitter, however, considers it vital to the public interest to keep the videos online, boosted by the President to more than 40 million followers.
    That's not a view shared by Brendan Cox, whose wife, the MP Jo Cox, was shot dead in 2016 by a man who shouted "Britain first" as he killed her.
    "Spreading hatred has consequences and the President should be ashamed of himself," Mr Cox wrote on Twitter.
    With that in mind, Twitter's safety team might want to consider whether there's greater public interest in taking the tweets down.
    Inconsistency
    It seems a lifetime ago now that Twitter billed itself, back in 2012, as the "free speech wing of the free speech party", a characterisation that both the company, and arguably the internet as a whole, has well outgrown.
    Things were simpler for Twitter back then. Now, its reality is one where it apparently can't please anyone. While its team in San Francisco debated internally (we assume) what to do about Trump's retweeting, the head of the US communications regulator was in Washington accusing it (and other big networks) of unevenly and unfairly censoring conservative voices online.
    [IMG]Image copyrightGETTY IMAGESImage captionTwitter chief executive Jack Dorsey has not commented on the issue
    The firm's chief executive Jack Dorsey, who from time-to-time weighs in on controversial matters to dampen the hysteria, has so far been silent on Mr Trump's retweeting of Britain first.
    Renowned tech commentator John Gruber described Twitter's statement as "weasel-ese" - another sign of a company paralysed; unprepared to handle the tidal wave it would face were it to take action against the President's Twitter activity.
    Twitter's inconsistent treatment of hate speech surely makes you consider if rather than acting in in the public's interests, it's far more concerned about its own.
    [IMG]
    Follow Dave Lee on Twitter @DaveLeeBBC
  20. https://theintercept.com/2017/11/30...sion-donald-trumps-embrace-far-right-racists/

BRITONS HAVE RARELY been more divided than they are at present over the headlong rush toward an exit from the European Union nearly half the electorate rejected. But on Thursday, the United Kingdom was nearly united on one point: a widespread revulsion at U.S. President Donald Trump for his decision to fold the far-right, racist fringe group Britain First into his warm Twitter embrace.

So POTUS has endorsed the views of a vile, hate-filled racist organisation that hates me and people like me. He is wrong and I refuse to let it go and say nothing
    9:59 PM - Nov 29, 2017

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Re Trump’s visit: it’s vital we have a total and complete shutdown of fascist Presidents entering the UK until we can figure out what’s going on.
    8:40 AM - Nov 30, 2017

The condemnation of Trump from leading politicians across the spectrum, which began on Wednesday, accelerated on Thursday during a debate in Parliament on what was formally termed the “urgent question” of “the activities of Britain First, online hate speech and the sharing of inflammatory content online by the president of the United States, Donald Trump.”

Feels like a pivotal historic moment as MPs on all sides of the Commons line up to call Trump "stupid", "racist or incompetent", "fascist" and so on: consequences could be far-reaching.
    11:15 AM - Nov 30, 2017

The debate began with the Home Secretary Amber Rudd, a Conservative whose office maintains a list of extremists banned from entering the U.K.for hate speech, repeating Prime Minister Theresa May’s position that “this government will not tolerate any groups who spread hate be demonizing those of other faiths or ethnicities and who deliberately raise community fears and tensions — and we have been clear, President Donald Trump was wrong to retweet videos posted by far-right group Britain First.”

[IMG]

Amber Rudd repeats Downing Street's condemnation of Trump's Britain First tweets
    1:22 PM - Nov 30, 2017

Diane Abbott, the Labour politician in line to become home secretary should her party form the next government, said that Trump’s promotion of anti-Muslim propaganda by Britain First “is not just offensive to British people of Muslim heritage, it is not just offensive to British people of black and minority heritage, it is offensive to all decent British people.”

[IMG]

Donald Trump retweeting Britain First is offensive to "all decent British people", says Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott http://bbc.in/2AmKndT

21. Feels like a pivotal historic moment as MPs on all sides of the Commons line up to call Trump "stupid", "racist or incompetent", "fascist" and so on: consequences could be far-reaching.
    11:15 AM - Nov 30, 2017

The debate began with the Home Secretary Amber Rudd, a Conservative whose office maintains a list of extremists banned from entering the U.K.for hate speech, repeating Prime Minister Theresa May’s position that “this government will not tolerate any groups who spread hate be demonizing those of other faiths or ethnicities and who deliberately raise community fears and tensions — and we have been clear, President Donald Trump was wrong to retweet videos posted by far-right group Britain First.”

[IMG]

Amber Rudd repeats Downing Street's condemnation of Trump's Britain First tweets
    1:22 PM - Nov 30, 2017

Diane Abbott, the Labour politician in line to become home secretary should her party form the next government, said that Trump’s promotion of anti-Muslim propaganda by Britain First “is not just offensive to British people of Muslim heritage, it is not just offensive to British people of black and minority heritage, it is offensive to all decent British people.”

[IMG]

Donald Trump retweeting Britain First is offensive to "all decent British people", says Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott http://bbc.in/2AmKndT
  22. Given that the U.K. is committed to leaving the EU, striking a trade deal with the United States is considered essential by many Conservatives, so the government is loathe to risk offending Trump by canceling the visit.
    Still, as another Labour member, Yvette Cooper, argued, even as “we agree on the importance of our relationship with the U.S. and our peoples have stood together against far-right extremism and against Islamist extremism and will do so again, but that is exactly why we cannot pander now because Britain First gets its succor from spreading its poison and its extremism online, that is how it works. And the president of the United States has just given it a rocket boost in promoting hatred in our communities.”

[IMG]

New battle for democracy is online. It's why we can't pander to @realDonaldTrump over online hate
    1:33 PM - Nov 30, 2017

“No matter what diplomatic route we find to do it,” Cooper added, “we cannot simply roll out a red carpet and give a platform for the president of the United States to also sow discord in our communities.” Britons know from their own history, she said, “where the spread of extremism leads, unless enough of us are prepared to stand up now and say no.”
    Brendan Cox, whose late wife Jo was the pro-Europe British politician assassinated last year by a deranged white supremacist screaming “Britain First,” responded with anger and then sarcasm to Trump’s miffed tweet that May should not “focus on me.”

.@Theresa_May, don’t focus on me, focus on the destructive Radical Islamic Terrorism that is taking place within the United Kingdom. We are doing just fine!
    1:02 AM - Nov 30, 2017

You have a mass shooting every single day in your country, your murder rate is many times that of the UK, your healthcare system is a disgrace, you can’t pass anything through a congress that you control. I would focus on that. https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/936037588372283392 …
    7:16 AM - Nov 30, 2017

I feel sorry for the UK ambassador. “Yes of course we want the visit to happen Mr President Sir, it’s just the Queen is really busy this side of 2020, you know, what with the wedding, and er Brexit and... er... Corgis”
    2:56 PM - Nov 30, 2017

Top photo: Donald Trump on Twitter. Home Secretary Amber Rudd speaking in the House of Commons, London where she has repeated Downing Street’s condemnation of Donald Trump’s retweeting of videos posted by far-right group Britain First, telling MPs he was "wrong" to do so. Picture date:
  23. Everybody loves Trump the hate filled racist nazi lover.
  24. The Wrong Guy Member

Flynn charged with one count of making false statement | CNN

Quote:

Special counsel Robert Mueller has charged former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn with "willfully and knowingly" making "false, fictitious and fraudulent statements" to the FBI regarding conversations with Russia's ambassador.

He is due to appear in court later Friday morning, a court spokesperson said.

Continued at http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/01/politics/michael-flynn-charged/

Read the special counsel's charges against Flynn | TheHill

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/362746-read-the-special-counsels-charges-against-flynn

Reuters Top News‏ @Reuters 5 minutes ago
    BREAKING: Former Trump adviser Flynn has turned himself in to FBI: law enforcement officials.

Brian Krassenstein‏ @krassenstein 13 minutes ago
    The Man who Chanted "Lock Her Up" obsessively at rallies for Donald Trump is now officially charged with a federal crime.

What makes this even better is that Michael Flynn was ONLY charged with one crime, meaning he has likely Flipped on Trump & Pence.

Trump Must be FURIOUS!!

https://twitter.com/search?q=MichaelFlynn
  25. The Wrong Guy Member

Jimmy Kimmel on Twitter War with Roy Moore | Jimmy Kimmel Live

Jimmy had an interesting day that led to being in a Twitter war with judge and Senate hopeful Roy Moore who has recently been accused by many women of hitting on them, groping them and more before they were 18 years old. Roy is not happy with Jimmy because our friend Jake Byrd showed up at his rally last night. Apparently, there was an incident and Jake was kicked out. So, Roy invited Jimmy to Alabama via twitter to discuss their issues 'man to man.' Jimmy responds to this request.

Jake Byrd at Roy Moore Rally in Alabama | Jimmy Kimmel Live

Last night in Alabama there was a rally for Senate hopeful Roy Moore and for some reason they held it at a church. Luckily, on hand to lend his support and to file a report was our friend Jake Byrd, who really likes Roy Moore a lot.

Kimmel accepts Roy Moore’s challenge to a fight | TheHill

Quote:

Jimmy Kimmel escalated his feud with GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore Thursday night, saying that he accepts Moore’s “invitation” to fight him in Alabama.

Kimmel and Moore began hitting each other over Twitter on Thursday, after a comedian who frequently appears on Kimmel’s show disrupted a Moore rally in Alabama, prompting Moore to tell Kimmel to “come down” to Alabama and confront him “man to man.”

“If you want to mock our Christian values, come down here to Alabama and do it man to man,” Moore tweeted.

.@jimmykimmel If you want to mock our Christian values, come down here to Alabama and do it man to man. #ALSen https://t.co/E7oQB9D83P
    — Judge Roy Moore (@MooreSenate) November 30, 2017

In response, Kimmel tweeted that he would, but he’d leave his daughters at home –jabbing Moore over the multiple accusations that he sexually pursued or assaulted a number of teenage girls when he was in his twenties and thirties.

OK Roy, but I'm leaving my daughters at home! P.S. - wear that cute little leather vest https://t.co/scweglm2Fg
    — Jimmy Kimmel (@jimmykimmel) November 30, 2017

On his show Thursday night, Kimmel again said that it sounded like Moore was challenging him to a fight, and he accepted.

“I will come down there,” Kimmel said. “I think you’re going to like this Roy. I’m going to come down to Gadsden Alabama with a team of high school cheerleaders, okay? We’ll meet you at the mall. Don’t worry, I could get you in.”

Moore was reportedly banned from a mall in Gadsden after spending time there pursuing teenagers. Moore has denied the allegations against him, and is currently polling ahead of Democrat Doug Jones in the Dec. 12 special election to fill the Senate seat left vacant by Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

“There is no one I would love to fight more than you,” Kimmel continued. “I will put my Christian values aside just for you and for the fight … I’ll wear a girl scout uniform so you can have something to get excited about. And the winner - whoever wins the fight, will give all the money we charge for the tickets to charity."

Kimmel also suggested that whoever wins the fight would choose a charity to donate ticket proceeds to.

“My charity will be the women who came forward to say you molested them, okay? Alright, tough guy? With your little pistol!” Kimmel said.

Source: http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/362726-kimmel-accepts-roy-moores-challenge-to-a-fight
  26. The Wrong Guy Member

Michael Flynn's guilty plea is an absolutely massive problem for Donald Trump

By Chris Cillizza, CNN

Quote:

Former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn's decision to plead guilty to a single count of lying to the FBI over conversations he had with the Russian ambassador during the 2016 election is an absolutely massive moment in the ongoing special counsel probe being led by Robert Mueller -- and has potentially huge ramifications for President Donald Trump.

Flynn's decision to cop a plea -- coupled with the fact that the lone charge against him deals with lying to the FBI as opposed to his dealings with Turkey -- raises questions about whether the former Trump senior aide is now cooperating with the investigation of Mueller. And it suggests that Mueller believes there could be someone higher in the chain of command than Flynn on whom Flynn can provide critical information.

Which is saying something.

Flynn was, from the start of Trump's campaign, a member of the inner circle -- a loyal defender and trusted confidante of Trump. When Trump won, Flynn was given carte blanche in terms of what role he wanted to play in the White House.

Given that, the guilty plea by Flynn is different -- and more serious -- than the charges against one-time Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort. Manafort was a part of Trump's inner orbit for a handful of months during the spring and summer of 2016. But, he was long gone by the time Trump won the White House. And, the charges against Manafort have to do with money laundering and the Ukraine, not Russia. Manafort has pleaded not guilty.

It's also impossible for Trump to dismiss the role Flynn played in his campaign and White House as he did with George Papadopoulos, who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about interactions with foreign officials close to the Russian government.

The Flynn guilty plea comes from someone who, until the day he was reluctantly fired by Trump as national security advisor, sat at the absolute epicenter of Trumpworld. And, unlike Manafort, Flynn's charge deals directly with his interactions with the Russian ambassador -- and goes to the very core of Mueller's investigation into Russia's interference in the 2016 election and any possible collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign.

In short: The calls are now coming from inside Donald Trump's house.

The big question going forward is who is the real target (or targets) of Mueller's investigation -- and how Mueller believes what Flynn knows helps make that case.

Is it Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner? We know the role Kushner played in the firing of FBI Director James Comey has been a subject of questions from Mueller's investigators to witnesses before them. We know from reports in The New York Times and Wall Street Journal that Mueller's team is looking into Jared Kushner's activities surrounding the December 2016 UN Security Council vote that condemned Israeli settlements. The charges against Flynn seem to reference that vote.

Is it Donald Trump Jr? We know the eldest son of the president -- as well as Kushner -- participated in a July 2016 meeting at Trump Tower with several Russians -- a meeting spurred by the promise that dirt would be provided on Hillary Clinton.

We don't know the answer to that "who is it" question yet. What we do know, however, is that Flynn's plea deal with Mueller brings the special counsel investigation ever closer to the President of the United States. (Worth noting: As of the spring -- prior to the firing of Comey by Trump and the appointment of Mueller as special counsel -- Trump was not under FBI investigation. We know that because Trump says Comey, on several occasions, told him he wasn't.)

Whether or not this probe ultimately reaches to Trump, it's now totally impossible for the President and his allies to dismiss the Mueller investigation as a "hoax," a distraction or the work of Democrats bitter about losing the election.

The following things are facts:
    1. Mueller was appointed as special counsel by Trump Justice Department deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.
    2. Flynn was an extremely close and influential advisor to Trump as a candidate and as president.
    3. Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his interactions with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak.
    There's no "fake news" media in either of those three sentences. Or Democrats. Or hoaxes. Or witch hunts.

That doesn't mean that Trump, when he tweets his thoughts on Flynn's guilty plea -- and he will tweet about Flynn's guilty plea -- won't continue to dismiss the entire investigation as a farce. He almost certainly will.

But, that doesn't make it true. And, with the Flynn guilty plea, there is absolutely no thinking person who could possibly believe that Trump's presidency is not in some level of peril now.

Peril does not mean Trump is a goner. But, it does mean that Mueller's Russia investigation almost certainly will get worse for Trump before -- and if -- it gets better.

The Flynn charge is unmistakable proof that this whole thing is inside Trump's White House. And Flynn's guilty plea is unmistakable proof that it's not going to be leaving the White House any time soon.

And that is -- no matter how many tweets he sends -- absolutely awful news for Donald Trump.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/01/politics/mike-flynn-indictment-analysis/
  27. FLYNN PLEAD GUILTY
    yay
    Maybe this will uncover Trump
    YAY
  28. "Very senior official" means Trump, Don jr, or Jarod. Trump is the most likely because the other two would be "senior officials". Unless it was Ivanka.
    This will overshadow taxes and I wondered if Mueller is timing the announcement but right now is the midst of Trump trying to push legislation and appointments through so maybe it's happenstance.
    https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...lynn-to-speak-to-russian-ambassador/23294372/