Customize

The Smoking Gun: Trump, The Least Charitable Billionaire

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hushpuppy, Apr 12, 2011.

1. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lly-recognizes-Jerusalem-Israels-capital.html

TRUMP SETS OFF CONDEMNATION WORLDWIDE

'These deplorable and unacceptable measures deliberately undermine all peace efforts.' Palestinian Authority President Mahmud Abbas

'This decision will open the gates of hell on US interests in the region.' Hamas official Ismail Radwan

The move will have 'dangerous repercussions on the stability and security of the region and efforts to attain peace'. King Abdullah of Jordan

'This decision is a regrettable decision that France does not approve of and goes against international law and all the resolutions of the U.N. Security Council.' French President Emmanuel Macron

'I have consistently spoken out against any unilateral measures that would jeopardize the prospect of peace for Israelis and Palestinians.' U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres

'We call upon the U.S. Administration to reconsider this faulty decision which may result in highly negative outcomes and to avoid uncalculated steps that will harm the multicultural identity and historical status of Jerusalem.' Turkey's Foreign Ministry

'Death sentence for all who seek peace.' Qatar's foreign minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman al-Thani

'I pray to the Lord that its identity is preserved and strengthened for the benefit of the Holy Land, the Middle East and the whole world and that wisdom and prudence prevail to prevent new elements of tension from being added to a global context already convulsed by so many cruel conflicts.' Pope Francis

'That they claim they want to announce [Jerusalem] as the capital of occupied Palestine is because of their incompetence and failure,' –
  2. He's gone full jaffa for that speech.

[IMG]
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

Senator Al Franken will resign, Democratic official says | Minnesota Public Radio News

Quote:

A Democratic official who has spoken to Al Franken and key aides says Franken will resign his Minnesota Senate seat on Thursday, the official tells MPR News.

The official spoke to Franken and separately to Franken's staff. A staff member told the official that Franken had gone to his Washington home to discuss his plans with family.

MPR News agreed to withhold the official's name because the official wanted to give Franken the chance to talk about his decision in his own words.

Franken faced a cascade of calls Wednesday from fellow Democrats and other political allies to leave office in response to multiple allegations of sexual harassment.

After MPR News reported the planned resignation, a tweet from Franken's official account said it was "not accurate."

"No final decision has been made and the senator is still talking with his family," the tweet read.

Continued at https://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/12/06/senator-al-franken-to-resign

Inside the demise of Al Franken | POLITICO

Female Democratic senators had been talking privately for weeks about how they were losing their patience as harassment claims piled up.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/06/al-franken-democratic-senators-284915

https://twitter.com/SenFranken

https://twitter.com/search?q=Franken
  4. The Wrong Guy Member

Broad Majority of Americans Support Moving Trump to Jerusalem

By Andy Borowitz, The New Yorker

Quote:

In a new poll conducted on Wednesday, a sweeping majority of Americans said they support moving Donald J. Trump to Jerusalem.

The sixty-three per cent of survey respondents who approved relocating Trump to Jerusalem placed few conditions on such a move, other than that it take place “as soon as possible” and that it be “permanent.”

In other poll results, an overwhelming majority of respondents said that they would support relocating Trump to any number of other foreign destinations, including Russia, the Philippines, and “that station where scientists live at the South Pole.”

Though Americans were strongly enthusiastic about moving Trump to Jerusalem, in a rare consensus both Arabs and Israelis vehemently opposed the move.

Source: https://www.newyorker.com/humor/bor...f-americans-support-moving-trump-to-jerusalem
    • Like Like x 2
  5. The Wrong Guy Member

Trump Jr. cites attorney-client privilege in not answering panel's questions about discussions with his father

By Kyle Cheney, POLITICO

Quote:

Donald Trump Jr. on Wednesday cited attorney-client privilege to avoid telling lawmakers about a conversation he had with his father, President Donald Trump, after news broke this summer that the younger Trump — and top campaign brass — had met with Russia-connected individuals in Trump Tower during the 2016 campaign.

Though neither Trump Jr. nor the president is an attorney, Trump Jr. told the House Intelligence Committee that there was a lawyer in the room during the discussion, according to the committee’s top Democrat, Rep. Adam Schiff of California. Schiff said he didn’t think it was a legitimate invocation of attorney-client privilege.

“I don’t believe you can shield communications between individuals merely by having an attorney present,” he said, after the committee’s lengthy interview with Trump Jr. “That’s not the purpose of attorney-client privilege.”

Trump Jr.’s meeting in June 2016 at Trump Tower — and the president’s response after it became public earlier this year through a New York Times story — has become a central focus of investigators probing whether any Trump associates cooperated with Russian efforts to interfere in the presidential election.

Though Trump Jr. initially portrayed the meeting as “short,” “introductory” and focused on the issue of adoption, it was later revealed that there were eight participants — including the senior Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner and his campaign chairman, Paul Manafort — and that Trump Jr. agreed to the meeting with a promise that he would receive negative information about Hillary Clinton provided by the Kremlin.

Continued at https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/06/donald-trump-privilege-questions-284841
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Disambiguation Global Moderator

I thought this was satire......
  7. "CNN's Chief Medical Correspondent, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, a practicing neurosurgeon, said he watched the video closely a few times. "There is clearly some abnormalities of his speech," he said. "You could call it slurring or just a little bit of difficulty forming the words."
    On CNN
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/06/health/did-trump-slur-his-speech-bn/index.html
    Did President Trump slur his speech?
  8. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/denture-donald-trump-teeth_us_5a28c84ee4b03ece0300119d
    "“Have you ever seen Trump eat an apple or a pear or fruits or vegetables of any kind?” Noah asked. “Think about it: Fake teeth, fake hair, fake tan... there’s no part of his body that’s real.”

A White House spokesperson dismissed the rumors"

Tweeting:
    Shout out to the WH employee who watered down #DentureDonald's polident glue today.
  9. The Wrong Guy Member

‘This will be bad’: Clashes break out in West Bank over Trump Jerusalem speech | The Washington Post

Quote:

Clashes between Palestinian protesters and Israeli soldiers broke out Thursday in Ramallah and other places in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, one day after President Trump announced that his administration would recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.

The Palestinian Authority called for a general strike in Palestinian cities and, in Gaza, the Islamist Hamas movement urged its followers to ignite a third intifada, or uprising, against Israel.

At a checkpoint near Ramallah, Israeli forces fired dozens of rounds of tear gas and stun grenades at hundreds of Palestinian protesters gathering to air their anger over Trump’s statement. They burned tires and pelted the soldiers with rocks.

“This will be bad,” said an ambulance driver.

Clashes also erupted in East Jerusalem and at the border fence between Israel and Gaza. There were early reports of injuries on both sides.

Trump’s announcement Wednesday that he would move the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem and his declaration that the United States recognizes Jerusalem as Israel’s capital reversed a decades-old U.S. policy. Many fear that the step could spark another bloody conflict in the region.

Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh called for a new uprising in the Palestinian territories and declared Friday a day of rage.

“Tomorrow should be a day of rage and the beginning of a broad movement for an uprising that I call the intifada of freedom of Jerusalem,” he said.

He called on the Palestinian Authority to stop security coordination with Israel and “enable the resistance in the occupied West Bank to respond to this blatant aggression.”

“Our people and factions of the resistance are in a permanent meeting to follow developments to confront this strategic threat that threatens the city of Jerusalem,” he added.

Continued at https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ee91e0-daca-11e7-a241-0848315642d0_story.html
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  11. The Wrong Guy Member

Video and Partial Transcript: Al Franken Announces Resignation from Senate | The New York Times

Excerpt:

A couple months ago, I felt that we had entered an important moment in the history of this country. We were finally beginning to listen to women about the ways in which men’s actions affect them. The moment was long overdue.

I was excited for that conversation and hopeful that it would result in real change that made life better for women all across the country and in every part of our society. Then the conversation turned to me. Over the last few weeks a number of women have come forward to talk about how they felt my actions had affected them.

I was shocked. I was upset. But in responding to their claims, I also wanted to be respectful of that broader conversation because all women deserve to be heard and their experiences taken seriously. I think that was the right thing to do. I also think it gave some people the false impression that I was admitting to doing things that, in fact, I haven’t done. Some of the allegations against me are simply not true. Others, I remember very differently.

I said at the outset that the ethics committee was the right venue for these allegations to be heard and investigated and evaluated on their merits, that I was prepared to cooperate fully and that I was confident in the outcome.

You know, an important part of the conversation we’ve been having the last few months has been about how men abuse their power and privilege to hurt women. I am proud that during my time in the Senate I have used my power to be a champion of women, and that I’ve earned a reputation as someone who respects the women I work alongside every day. I know there’s been a very different picture of me painted over the last few weeks, but I know who I really am.

Serving in the United States Senate has been the great honor of my life. I know in my heart that nothing I have done as a senator — nothing — has brought dishonor on this institution. And I am confident that the ethics committee would agree. Nevertheless, today I am announcing that in the coming weeks I will be resigning as a member of the United States Senate.

I, of all people, am aware that there is some irony in the fact that I am leaving while a man who has bragged on tape about his history of sexual assault sits in the Oval Office, and a man who has repeatedly preyed on young girls campaigns for the Senate with the full support of his party.

More at https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/07/us/politics/video-transcript-al-franken-resignation-senate.html

12. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ment-Americans-face-new-danger-WORLDWIDE.html

State Department warns Americans they are in danger from terror attacks WORLDWIDE following Trump's Jerusalem decision
    President Donald Trump announced Wednesday that the U.S. is officially recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital, and will move its embassy there
    Reaction in the Middle East was swift and angry with violence breaking out in Bethlehem and other parts of the West Bank, and in Gaza
    The U.S. State Department issued a global alert warming Americans traveling overseas that they could be in danger
    The warning didn't specifically mention Jerusalem or Trump's speech
    But State is already giving talking points to its staff in Tel Aviv, asking them to counsel Israeli diplomats to resist goading Palestinians with overreactions
    By DAVID MARTOSKO, US POLITICAL EDITOR FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
    PUBLISHED: 14:23, 7 December 2017 | UPDATED: 16:53, 7 December 2017

The State Department issued a new 'Worldwide Caution' to Americans traveling overseas on Wednesday, after President Donald Trump announced the U.S. has officially recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

The update did not include specific warnings about Israel, the West Bank and Gaza; that region's travel advisory dates back to April.

But the State Department did advise Americans to avoid Jerusalem's Old City and the West Bank on Tuesday, anticipating strong reactions to Trump's speech once the subject matter became public.

The global warning advised American citizens to 'maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to increase their security awareness when traveling.'

Scroll down for video

Violent demonstrations broke out in Gaza City overnight, setting the tone for the kind of unrest that has led the U.S. State Department to issue a global travel caution for Americans
    Violent demonstrations broke out in Gaza City overnight, setting the tone for the kind of unrest that has led the U.S. State Department to issue a global travel caution for Americans

Furious Palestinian protesters could be seen burning an effigy of Donald Trump in the West Bank city of Nablus on Thursday morning, after the president said the U.S. would recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital and eventually move its embassy there
    Furious Palestinian protesters could be seen burning an effigy of Donald Trump in the West Bank city of Nablus on Thursday morning, after the president said the U.S. would recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital and eventually move its embassy there

An influential Associated Press diplomatic reporter noted on Twitter that it has been more than 14 years since the State Department found global safety conditions bad enough to issue a 'Worldwide Caution'
    An influential Associated Press diplomatic reporter noted on Twitter that it has been more than 14 years since the State Department found global safety conditions bad enough to issue a 'Worldwide Caution'

A previous alert was posted on September 14.

But Matt Lee, an Associated Press reporter widely considered the dean of the U.S. diplomatic press corps, tweeted Wednesday night that the State Department's move was highly irregular.

'The last time the @statedept issued a "Worldwide Caution" because of a US policy decision was March 2003 at the start of the Iraq war,' he wrote.

The State Department is also warning that 'n addition to concerns stemming from terrorism, travelers should be alert to the possibility of political unrest, violence, demonstrations, and criminal activities when traveling.'

'U.S. citizens abroad are urged to monitor the local news and maintain contact with the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. '

'Today we finally acknowledge the obvious, that Jerusalem is Israel's capital; this is nothing more or less than a recognition of reality. It is also the right thing to do,' Trump said Wednesday
    'Today we finally acknowledge the obvious, that Jerusalem is Israel's capital; this is nothing more or less than a recognition of reality. It is also the right thing to do,' Trump said Wednesday

Hundreds of Palestinians protested in cities across the West Bank and Gaza Strip, including some prompted by a call from Hamas for a 'day of rage'
    Hundreds of Palestinians protested in cities across the West Bank and Gaza Strip, including some prompted by a call from Hamas for a 'day of rage'

Israeli security forces fire teargas at Palestinian protesters
    In addition to recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, Trump said Wednesday that he plans to move the American embassy there from Tel Aviv.

The U.S. has asked Israel to temper its response to Wednesday's proclamation, hoping to minimize backlash and violent threats

'While I recognize that you will publicly welcome this news, I ask that you restrain your official response,' read a State Department talking-points memo designed to help U.S. diplomats advise Israeli officials.

'We expect there to be resistance to this news in the Middle East and around the world. We are still judging the impact this decision will have on U.S. facilities and personnel overseas,' the document said.

The status of Jerusalem, home to sites holy to the Muslim, Jewish and Christian religions, is one of the biggest obstacles to reaching an Israeli-Palestinian peace deal.

Israel considers Jerusalem its eternal and indivisible capital and wants all embassies based there.

Lebanon's al-Akhbar paper called the decision 'America's new Balfour' referring to the Balfour Declaration in which Britain endorsed the establishment of a Jewish homeland in the Middle East a century ago. Its front page and website declared 'Death to America' and showed a burning US flag
    Lebanon's al-Akhbar paper called the decision 'America's new Balfour' referring to the Balfour Declaration in which Britain endorsed the establishment of a Jewish homeland in the Middle East a century ago. Its front page and website declared 'Death to America' and showed a burning US flag

Violent protests broke out in Bethlehem, West Bank
    Violent protests broke out in Bethlehem, West Bank

Boiling over: Rallies were also underway last night in the West Bank cities of Hebron, Ramallah (pictured), Nablus and Jenin
    Boiling over: Rallies were also underway last night in the West Bank cities of Hebron, Ramallah (pictured), Nablus and Jenin

Palestinians torch Trump photos in protest against embassy move
    Loaded: 0%Progress: 0%0:00
    Previous
    Play
    Skip
    Mute
    Current Time 0:00
    /
    Duration Time 1:02
    Fullscreen
    Need Text
    Palestinians want the capital of an independent state of their own to be in the city’s eastern sector, which Israel captured in the 1967 Middle East war and annexed in a move never recognized internationally.

Violent protests erupted Wednesday night in Bethlehem, with angry Palestinians throwing rocks at Israeli troops.

Other spontaneous protests broke out in Gaza overnight, with angry youths burning tires, Trump posters and both American and Israeli flags.

The Israeli military said it would deploy several battalions to the West Bank ahead of Friday, while other troops have been put on alert to address 'possible developments.'

The front page of one Lebanese newspaper declared 'Death to America' on Thursday.

Hundreds protest in Istanbul, Ankara over Trump's Jerusalem move
    Loaded: 0%Progress: 0%0:00
    Previous
    Play
    Skip
    Mute
    Current Time 0:00
    /
    Duration Time 3:04
    Fullscreen
    Need Text
    The terror group Hamas called for an uprising to make Trump 'regret' his speech.

'The American decision is an aggression on our people and a war on our sanctuaries,' Ismail Haniyeh, the group's leader, said on Thursday.

'We should call for and we should work on launching an intifada in the face of the Zionist enemy,' Haniyeh said.

'Let December 8 be the first day of the intifada against the occupier.'

TRUMP'S SPEECH DECLARING JERUSALEM ISRAEL'S CAPITAL

'When I came into office, I promised to look at the world's challenges with open eyes and very fresh thinking.

'We cannot solve our problems by making the same failed assumptions and repeating the same failed strategies of the past. All challenges demand new approaches.

'My announcement today marks the beginning of a new approach to conflict between Israel and the Palestinians.

'In 1995, Congress adopted the Jerusalem Embassy Act urging the federal government to relocate the American Embassy to Jerusalem and to recognize that that city, and so importantly, is Israel's capital. This act passed congress by an overwhelming bipartisan majority. And was reaffirmed by unanimous vote of the Senate only six months ago.

'Yet for over 20 years, every previous American president has exercised the law's waiver, refusing to move the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem or to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital city. Presidents issued these waivers under the belief that delaying the recognition of Jerusalem would advance the cause of peace. Some say they lacked courage but they made their best judgments based on facts as they understood them at the time. Nevertheless, the record is in.

'After more than two decades of waivers, we are no closer to a lasting peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians.

Trump announces he recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel
    Loaded: 0%Progress: 0%00:00
    Previous
    Play
    Skip
    Mute
    Current Time 00:00
    /
    Duration Time 11:22
    Fullscreen
    Need Text
    'It would be folly to assume that repeating the exact same formula would now produce a different or better result. Therefore, I have determined that it is time to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. While previous presidents have made this a major campaign promise, they failed to deliver.

'Today I am delivering. I've judged this course of action to be in the best interests of the United States of America and the pursuit of peace between Israel and the Palestinians. This is a long overdue step to advance the peace process. And to work towards a lasting agreement.

'Israel is a sovereign nation with the right, like every other sovereign nation, to determine its own capital. Acknowledging this is a fact is a necessary condition for achieving peace. It was 70 years ago that the United States under President Truman recognized the state of Israel.

'Ever since then, Israel has made its capital in the city of Jerusalem, the capital the Jewish people established in ancient times. Today, Jerusalem is the seat of the modern Israeli government. It is the home of the Israeli Parliament, the Knesset, as well as the Israeli Supreme Court. It is the location of the official residence of the prime minister and the president. It is the headquarters of many government ministries.

'For decades, visiting American presidents, secretaries of State and military leaders have met their Israeli counterparts in Jerusalem, as I did on my trip to Israel earlier this year.

'Jerusalem is not just the heart of three great religions, but it is now also the heart of one of the most successful democracies in the world. Over the past seven decades, the Israeli people have by the a country where Jews, Muslims and Christians and people of all faiths are free to live and worship according to their conscience and according to their beliefs.

'Jerusalem is today and must remain a place where Jews pray at the Western Wall, where Christians walk the stations of the cross, and where Muslims worship at Al-Aqsa Mosque. However, through all of these years, presidents representing the United States have declined to officially recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital. In fact, we have declined to acknowledge any Israeli capital at all.

'But today we finally acknowledge the obvious. That Jerusalem is Israel's capital. This is nothing more or less than a recognition of reality. It is also the right thing to do. It's something that has to be done.

'That is why consistent with the Jerusalem embassy act, I am also directing the State Department to begin preparation to move the American embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. This will immediately begin the process of hiring architects, engineers and planners so that a new embassy, when completed, will be a magnificent tribute to peace.

'In making these announcements, I also want to make one point very clear. This decision is not intended in any way to reflect a departure from our strong commitment to facilitate a lasting peace agreement.

'We want an agreement that is a great deal for the Israelis and a great deal for the Palestinians. We are not taking a position of any final status issues including the specific boundaries of the Israeli sovereignty in Jerusalem or the resolution of contested borders. Those questions are up to the parties involved.

'The United States remains deeply committed to helping facilitate a peace agreement that is acceptable to both sides. I intend to do everything in my power to help forge such an agreement. Without question, Jerusalem is one of the most sensitive issues in those talks.

'The United States would support a two-state solution if agreed to by both sides. In the meantime, I call on all parties to maintain the status quo at Jerusalem's holy sites including the Temple Mount, also known as Haram al-Sharif. Above all, our greatest hope is for peace. The universal yearning in every human soul.

'With today's action, I reaffirm my administration's longstanding commitment to a future of peace and security for the region. There will, of course, be disagreement and dissent regarding this announcement. But we are confident that ultimately, as we work through these disagreements, we will arrive at a peace and a place far greater in understanding and cooperation. This sacred city should call forth the best in humanity.

'Lifting our sights to what is possible, not pulling us back and down to the old fights that have become so totally predictable. Peace is never beyond the grasp of those willing to reach it.

'So today we call for calm, for moderation, and for the voices of tolerance to prevail over the purveyors of hate. Our children should inherit our love, not our conflicts. I repeat the message I delivered at the historic and extraordinary summit in Saudi Arabia earlier this year: The Middle East is a region rich with culture, spirit, and history. Its people are brilliant, proud and diverse. Vibrant and strong.

'But the incredible future awaiting this region is held at bay by bloodshed, ignorance and terror.

'Vice President Pence will travel to the region in the coming days to reaffirm our commitment to work with partners throughout the Middle East to defeat radicalism that threatens the hopes and dreams of future generations.

I't is time for the many who desire peace to expel the extremists from their midsts. It is time for all civilized nations and people to respond to disagreement with reasoned debate, not violence. And it is time for young and moderate voices all across the Middle East to claim for themselves a bright and beautiful future.

'So today, let us rededicate ourselves to a path of mutual understanding and respect. Let us rethink old assumptions and open our hearts and minds to possible and possibilities.

'And finally, I ask the leaders of the region political and religious, Israeli and Palestinian, Jewish and Christian and Muslim to join us in the noble quest for lasting peace.

'Thank you. God bless you. God bless Israel. God bless the Palestinians and God bless the United States.'
  13. Disambiguation Global Moderator

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...exam-for-trump-after-slurred-speech/23300782/
    This will be like Trump's tax returns. The results of the exam will not be realeased. He has already had an exam, of course he has. Now their job is to correct everything before the exam in January .
  14. https://www.gq.com/story/trump-lecture-lewis-civil-rights

Representative Lewis is boycotting the museum opening because Trump is coming and Sarah Saunders tried to shame him.
  15. The Wrong Guy Member

Trump approval rating at 32% | CNN

Quote:

President Donald Trump's approval rating sits at 32%, according to a new poll released by the Pew Research Center, matching the lowest level in any poll on his approval since he took office in January.

The poll also found that disapproval of the President's job performance is at 63%, and just 14% of those who disapprove of his presidential performance say they can think of something he's done that they've been happy with.

However, 37% of those who approve of his job performance say they can think of something Trump has done that they've been disappointed with or unhappy with.

Pew's report on the poll noted that Trump's approval rating has been fairly stagnant since October, when it was at 34%, but has decreased since February, when it was 39%.

Additionally, the poll found that the majority of Americans -- 59% -- think improper contact between senior Trump officials and Russia during the campaign "definitely or probably occurred."

Continued at http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/07/politics/donald-trump-approval-rating/index.html

Stelter: Fox's pro-Trump hosts are working overtime to discredit Robert Mueller | CNN

Quote:

What's President Trump hearing when he watches Fox News?

He's hearing that special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation is "illegitimate and corrupt." That it's led by a "band of merry Trump-haters" who are trying to reverse the results of the election. And that it must be stopped.

He's also hearing that the FBI is becoming "America's secret police," akin to the KGB in Russia, full of "sickness" and "corruption."

These are all actual quotes from some of the president's favorite pro-Trump talk shows.

The overarching message from "Fox & Friends" and "Hannity" is unmistakable: Mr. President, you're the victim of a "deep state" plot to take you down. Don't let it happen.

Sean Hannity, the highest-rated host on Fox, has renewed his calls for Mueller to resign. And Fox's other pro-Trump shows reinforce this message on a daily basis.

In recent weeks, there's been a big increase in reporting about Mueller's probe and how it could affect Trump's inner circle. At the same time, there's also been a sharp escalation in the anti-Mueller rhetoric coming from right wing media sources.

With four of Trump's associates now charged by Mueller's team, and congressional probes also proceeding in many different directions, other channels are filled with the latest twists and turns about the intensifying investigations.

But viewers who stick to Fox might not know that. The nightly focus is on Mueller's alleged partisanship, not Trump's potential problems.

Continued at http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/07/media/fox-news-mueller-investigation-coverage/
  16. The Wrong Guy Member

Read this first: https://www.google.com/search?q=failing nytimes site:twitter.com/RealDonaldTrump

Adam Goldman‏ @adamgoldmanNYT 14 hours ago
    Breaking news: @nytimes now has more than 3.5 million paid subscriptions and more than 130 million monthly readers, more than double our audience just two years ago.

Glenn Greenwald @ggreenwald 14 hours ago
    Glenn Greenwald Retweeted Adam Goldman
    The paradox of the Trump presidency is that for all the dangers it poses to democratic institutions, nothing has emboldened and strengthened all these other institutions more than Trump has: large media outlets, courts, citizen protests, etc, have never been more vibrant.
  17. The Wrong Guy Member

Hillary Clinton‏ @2020VoteHillary Dec 6
    .@SenFranken should resign... just as soon as @POTUS @realDonaldTrump announces his resignation and @MooreSenate drops out of the Alabama Senate race. Waiting.

Hillary Clinton‏ @HillaryClinton 10 hours ago
    There’s a lot to be frustrated by right now, to say the least. Here’s something that we should be able to fix.

Hillary Clinton @HillaryClinton 10 hours ago
    The Children's Health Insurance Program, which provides health care for 9 million kids & has been reauthorized on a bipartisan basis every year for almost 2 decades, is hanging in limbo because Congress let it expire over 2 months ago.

Meanwhile, Senate Republicans rushed to pass so-called tax reform - a giveaway for those who least need it.

It gets worse. During the campaign I warned that the Rs would come after social security, Medicare, & Medicaid & now they are. Imagine buying a Rolex & paying for it with money you saved to take care of your kids. That’s what Congress is doing w/ your tax dollars.

How is it that in the middle of dividing up $1.5 trillion dollars between corporations & the ultra-wealthy, Republicans can’t find the time & money to take care of children? These are perverse priorities. Congress needs to pass CHIP now, as they have every year since the 1990s.

So in these surreal times, let’s rally together & take action. Call your House and Senate members at 202-224-3121 and tell them to take care of kids now and protect our seniors, the poor & vulnerable from future attacks. Tell them that it’s the very least they can do.

I’m going to keep tweeting about this, and speaking out every chance I get, until it is fixed.
  18. The Wrong Guy Member

Al Franken Resigns; Donald Trump Jr. Testifies in Russia Investigation | Late Night with Seth Meyers

Seth takes a closer look at Senator Al Franken's resignation amid a growing sexual harassment scandal and how Donald Trump Jr. testified in the Russia investigation and refused to answer some questions on the basis of attorney-client privilege.
  19. The Wrong Guy Member

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 15 minutes ago
    LAST thing the Make America Great Again Agenda needs is a Liberal Democrat in Senate where we have so little margin for victory already. The Pelosi/Schumer Puppet Jones would vote against us 100% of the time. He’s bad on Crime, Life, Border, Vets, Guns & Military. VOTE ROY MOORE!
  20. The Wrong Guy Member

Billy Bush Believes The Women Accusing Trump Of Sexual Assault | The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Billy Bush confirms the authenticity of the infamous 'Access Hollywood' tape. And then some.

Donald Trump Jr. Wants More Privilege? | The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

The apple doesn't fall far from the Apple computer on which illegal emails were likely sent.

Michael Flynn Colluded During Trump's Inauguration | The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Ten minutes into Trump's inauguration speech, General Michael Flynn was already celebrating the major transition of power. (From the U.S. to Russia.)
  21. The Wrong Guy Member

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 1 minute ago
    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

DQiry_tWsAE1kdt.jpg
  22. As we all know there's a significant difference between what Trump thinks is his approval rating and his actual approval rating.
    If he believes the former it's proof he's delusional and if he expects us to believe it he's definitely mad.
  23. The Wrong Guy Member

Dina Powell Is Leaving. Is Trump's National Security Team Falling Apart? | Newsweek

Quote:

President Donald Trump's deputy national security adviser Dina Powell, who joined the Trump campaign in January and played a strong role in shaping Middle East policy, announced that she will be leaving the administration in early 2018.

“Dina Powell has been a key, trusted advisor in this administration,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement Friday. “She has always planned to serve one year before returning home to New York, where she will continue to support the president’s agenda and work on Middle East policy. She will serve in the administration until early next year.”

Powell is a well-respected figure in the administration who often travels with the president abroad and was once floated as a candidate for chief of staff. Administration officials said that Powell only planned to serve for a year, and unlike other former officials, she is leaving in good standing.

But experts say the high turnover is a sign of disorder in an administration that has yet to fill hundreds of key positions.

“From what we have seen in regards to Trump’s foreign policy, the exit of key staff, including an unprecedented exit of career foreign service officers, is a demonstration of the chaos within the administration,” Harrison Akins, a foreign policy expert at the Howard Baker Center, told Newsweek.

“As staff continues to exit and key posts remain unfilled, it is likely that what checks currently exist within the administration on Trump’s erratic behavior may be further weakened,” he said.

Recent estimates suggest that more than 250 government appointments have not been made 300 days after Trump assumed office. Many of these posts are filled by temporary Obama-era staffers. Meanwhile, experts say it has become harder to fill key positions in the Trump administration as special counsel Robert Mueller’s team investigates top figures with respect to potential collusion with Russia during the 2016 presidential campaign.

“The administration has always been thinly staffed, and bringing top people in will be hard, in part because of uncertainty surrounding the Mueller investigation,” Axios reported.

Powell’s departure is especially problematic given the tense situation in the Middle East. Powell, who was born in Egypt, is a fluent Arabic speaker who played a large role in organizing Trump’s visits to Saudi Arabia and Israel. She is also a key figure working with Trump’s son-in-law and adviser, Jared Kushner, on an Israeli-Palestinian peace plan.

<snipped>

Nadia Schadlow, who currently works for national security adviser H.R. McMaster, has been floated as Powell’s potential replacement.

More at http://www.newsweek.com/dina-powell-departure-trumps-national-security-team-middle-east-743174
  24. Disambiguation Global Moderator

25. The Wrong Guy Member

Donald Trump Attacks Roy Moore's Accuser At Florida Rally

The president also told the crowd to “Get out and vote for Roy Moore” for Senate.

By Mollie Reilly, HuffPost

Quote:

President Donald Trump attacked one of the women who has accused Senate hopeful Roy Moore of sexually assaulting her when she was a teenager and he was in his 30s, mocking her over the scrutiny a note she made under Moore’s alleged signature in her high school yearbook has received.

Speaking at a rally in Pensacola, Florida, on Friday, just days ahead of the Alabama special election to fill the state’s open Senate seat, Trump brought up Young’s annotation and criticized her attorney, Gloria Allred.

“So did you see what happened today? You know, the yearbook? Did you see that? There was a little mistake made. She started writing things in the yearbook,” he said at the rally, which was held about 20 miles from the Alabama border. “Gloria Allred, anytime you see her you know something’s going wrong.”

Beverly Nelson Young came forward with allegations about the Alabama Republican last month and shared a photograph of an inscription Moore left in her yearbook when she was 16 years old. Moore’s attorneys have denied that the signature is his and have demanded access to the yearbook so they can have handwriting experts analyze the note.

In an interview airing Friday on ABC’s “Good Morning America,” Young said that she added the date and location that appear below the inscription to remind herself of where and when he signed the yearbook. In a news conference several hours later, Allred said a handwriting analyst had determined the signature did match Moore’s handwriting in public documents.

Conservative news outlets, including Breitbart News, immediately seized on the issue of Young’s notes, arguing they discredited her claims. And in a news conference Friday afternoon, Moore’s team accused Allred and Young of changing their story and again asked for an “independent expert” to analyze the signature.

Young is one of at least nine women who have said Moore pursued sexual relationships with them when they were in their teens. The Republican candidate has denied the allegations.

<snipped>

The special election for the open Senate seat, previously occupied by now-Attorney General Jeff Sessions, is Tuesday.

More at https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-beverly-nelson-young_us_5a2af93ee4b0a290f050a005
  26. https://politics.theonion.com/panicked-donald-trump-jr-tries-to-cover-up-contact-wit-1821133627
  27. White Tara Global Moderator

28. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/dec/09/jared-kushner-wreaking-havoc-middle-east

The entire Middle East, from Palestine to Yemen, appears set to burst into flames after this week. The region was already teetering on the edge, but recent events have only made things worse. And while the mayhem should be apparent to any casual observer, what’s less obvious is Jared Kushner’s role in the chaos.

Kushner is, of course, the US president’s senior advisor and son-in-law. The 36-year-old is a Harvard graduate who seems to have a hard time filling in forms correctly.

He repeatedly failed to mention his meetings with foreign officials on his security clearance and neglected to report to US government officials that he was co-director of a foundation that raised money for Israeli settlements, considered illegal under international law. (He is also said to have told Michael Flynn last December to call UN security council members to get a resolution condemning Israeli settlements quashed. Flynn called Russia.)

In his role as the president’s special advisor, Kushner seems to have decided he can remake the entire Middle East, and he is wreaking his havoc with his new best friend, Saudi Arabia’s crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, the 32-year-old who burst on to the international scene by jailing many members of his country’s ruling elite, including from his own family, on corruption charges.

Days before Salman’s unprecedented move, Kushner was with the crown prince in Riyadh on an unannounced trip. The men are reported to have stayed up late, planning strategy while swapping stories. We don’t know what exactly the two were plotting, but Donald Trump later tweeted his “great confidence” in Salman.

But the Kushner-Salman alliance moves far beyond Riyadh. The Saudis and Americans are now privately pushing a new “peace” deal to various Palestinian and Arab leaders that is more lop-sided toward Israel than ever before.

Ahmad Tibi, a Palestinian parliamentarian in the Israeli Knesset, explained the basic contours of the deal to the New York Times: no full statehood for Palestinians, only “moral sovereignty.” Control over disconnected segments of the occupied territories only. No capital in East Jerusalem. No right of return for Palestinian refugees.

Trump’s error on Jerusalem is a disaster for the Arab world … and the US too | Rashid Khalidi
    Read more
    This is, of course, not a deal at all. It’s an insult to the Palestinian people. Another Arab official cited in the Times story explained that the proposal came from someone lacking experience but attempting to flatter the family of the American president. In other words, it’s as if Mohammed bin Salman is trying to gift Palestine to Jared Kushner, Palestinians be damned.

Next came Donald Trump throwing both caution and international law to the wind by recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

But it’s not just Israel, either. Yemen is on the brink of a major humanitarian disaster largely because the country is being blockaded by Saudi Arabia. Trump finally spoke out against the Saudi measure this week, but both the state department and the Pentagon are said to have been privately urging Saudi Arabia and the UAE to ease their campaign against Yemen (and Lebanon and Qatar) for some time and to little impact. Why? Because Saudi and Emirati officials believe they “have tacit approval from the White House for their hardline actions, in particular from Donald Trump and his son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner,” journalist Laura Rozen reported.

The Kushner-Salman alliance has particularly irked secretary of state Rex Tillerson. Kushner reportedly leaves the state department completely out of his Middle Eastern plans. Of special concern to Tillerson, according to Bloomberg News, is Kushner’s talks with Salman regarding military action by Saudi Arabia against Qatar. The state department is worried of all the unforeseen consequences such a radical course of action would bring, including heightened conflict with Turkey and Russia and perhaps even a military response from Iran or an attack on Israel by Hezbollah.

Here’s where state department diplomacy should kick in. The US ambassador to Qatar could relay messages between the feuding parties to find a solution to the stand-off. So what does the ambassador to Qatar have to say about the Kushner-Salman alliance? Nothing, since there still is no confirmed ambassador to Qatar.

What about the US ambassador to Saudi Arabia? That seat’s also vacant. And the US ambassador to Jordan, Morocco, Egypt? Vacant, vacant, and vacant. What about assistant secretary for Near Eastern affairs, a chief strategic post to establish US policy in the region? No one’s been nominated. Deputy assistant secretary for press and public diplomacy? Vacant.

It’s partly this vacuum of leadership by Tillerson that has enabled Kushner to forge his powerful alliance with Salman, much to the detriment of the region. And in their zeal to isolate Iran, Kushner and Salman are leaving a wake of destruction around them.

The war in Yemen is only intensifying. Qatar is closer to Iran than ever. A final status deal between Israel and the Palestinians seems all but impossible now. The Lebanese prime minister went back on his resignation. And the Saudi state must be paying the Ritz-Carlton a small fortune to jail key members of the ruling family over allegations of corruption.

There’s a long history of American politicians deciding they know what’s best for the Middle East while buttressing their autocratic allies and at the expense of the region’s ordinary people. (The New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman has traditionally provided the rationale for America and its allies in the region, and his recent sycophantic portrayal of Salman certainly didn’t disappoint!)

But the Kushner-Salman alliance also represents something else. Both the US and Saudi Arabia are concentrating power into fewer and fewer hands. And with fewer people in the room, who will be around to tell these men that their ideas are so damaging? Who will dare explain to them how they already have failed?
  29. The Wrong Guy Member

'An untimely visit': Trump avoids protest at Mississippi Civil Rights Museum | The Guardian

The president flew in to Jackson, took a tour, spoke briefly, hid from the public, and left. Many celebrating a historic state project said that was just as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...oids-protests-mississippi-civil-rights-museum

Reaction To Trump's Appearance At Mississippi Civil Rights Museum | NPR

Trump appears at the grand opening of the Museum of Mississippi History and the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum even as the NAACP and civil rights activists say his presence is an insult.

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/09/5696...appearance-at-mississippi-civil-rights-museum
  30. The Wrong Guy Member

Inside Trump’s Hour-by-Hour Battle for Self-Preservation | The New York Times

With Twitter as his Excalibur, the president takes on his doubters, powered by long spells of cable news and a dozen Diet Cokes. But if Mr. Trump has yet to bend the presidency to his will, he is at least wrestling it to a draw.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/09/us/politics/donald-trump-president.html

Trump reportedly spends at least four hours a day watching TV, guzzling Diet Coke | New York Daily News

Trump retaliated to news of his TV watching habits saying, "Believe it or not, even when I’m in Washington or New York, I do not watch much television."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...ching-tv-guzzling-diet-coke-article-1.3688207
    • Like Like x 1
  31. The Wrong Guy Member

Visit with Santa Cold Open - SNL | Saturday Night Live

Santa Claus (Kenan Thompson) and his elf (Kate McKinnon) field some uncomfortable Christmas present requests.
  32. The Wrong Guy Member

Arab states demand reversal of Trump's Jerusalem decision

By Associated Press and Reuters

Quote:

Arab foreign ministers on Sunday demanded that the United States rescind President Donald Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital, calling it a "grave" development that puts Washington on the same side as "occupation" and the violation of international law.

In a resolution long on rhetoric but short on concrete actions, the ministers denounced what they claimed was an "illegal" and "dangerous violation" of international law. "It's a dangerous development that places the United States at a position of bias in favor of the occupation and the violation of international law and resolutions," the resolution said.

It said it would seek a U.N. Security Council resolution rejecting the U.S. move.

The two-page resolution adopted by the emergency meeting, which began Saturday night, did not include any punitive actions against the United States, like a call for a boycott of American products or suspending or downgrading ties with Washington.

It also appeared to fall short of matching the anger felt by Palestinians in the Gaza Strip and West Bank, which have seen days of violent protests against Trump's decision.

"We have taken a political decision not meant to reflect [what is going on in] the streets. Political work is responsible work," said Arab League chief Ahmed Aboul-Gheit. "Jerusalem has been occupied for 50 years. This is an extended battle, a battle that will be escalated," he told the news conference.

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said Saturday he will not meet U.S. Vice President Mike Pence during Pence's visit to the region this month in a snub over the move.

Meanwhile violence erupted for a fourth day in response to Trump's announcement on Wednesday, which overturned decades of U.S. policy towards the Middle East.

Continued at https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/m...d-reversal-trump-s-jerusalem-decision-n828136
  33. The Wrong Guy Member

Adam Schiff: Evidence of Russia collusion damning | CNN

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) says the signs of collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign are damning.
  34. The Wrong Guy Member

Star U.S. Diplomat Quits With Fiery Letter To Rex Tillerson | HuffPost

The Trump administration has a “stinging disrespect” for diplomats, she wrote.

Quote:

A distinguished U.S. diplomat who was seen as a rising star at the State Department resigned after writing a searing letter to Secretary Of State Rex Tillerson, accusing him of gutting the department and damaging America’s standing across the world.

Elizabeth Shackelford, who served as a political officer based in Nairobi for the U.S. mission to Somalia, lamented in a Nov. 7 letter obtained by Foreign Policy the “stinging disrespect” President Donald Trump’s administration had shown the diplomatic corps and how it was “driving” the department’s most experienced staff away in growing numbers.

“The cost of this is visible every day in Mission Somalia, my current post, where State’s diplomatic influence, on the country and within our own interagency, is waning,” Shackelford wrote.

She said she was “shocked” when Tillerson, who stepped down as ExxonMobil CEO to serve as Trump’s secretary of state, told department employees that advancing human rights across the globe “creates obstacles to our ability to advance our national security interests.“

If Tillerson is unable to “stem the bleeding” and preserve the department’s mission, she added, “I would humbly recommend you follow me out the door.”

Trump’s administration has been harshly criticized for downplaying human rights issues in countries like Russia, Turkey, and the Philippines. Democratic lawmakers and former ambassadors have also accused Tillerson of gutting the department’s budget and staff at a critical and dangerous time, as difficult foreign policy challenges persist in the Middle East and on the Korean peninsula.

Continued at https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rex-tillerson-diplomat-letter_us_5a2d3fbae4b073789f6a91c5
  35. The Wrong Guy Member

Stunning detail emerges about Robert Mueller's interview with Donald Trump adviser Hope Hicks

By Bill Palmer, Palmer Report

Quote:

For weeks we’ve been hearing that Special Counsel Robert Mueller was planning to interview Donald Trump’s longtime close political adviser Hope Hicks about the Trump-Russia scandal. Now we finally have confirmation that it’s happened. Furthermore we know precisely when it took place. As per usual nothing is leaking from Mueller’s side – but one stunning detail has emerged about the Hicks interview.

Hicks has long acted as an information gateway for Donald Trump, who doesn’t use email. If anyone in Trump’s orbit wants to get information directly to Trump, it’s given to Hicks in the hope that she’ll pass it along to him. All along, the two big questions have been how much Hicks knew about the Trump-Russia scandal, and how much she was willing to give up. Earlier this week Donald Trump Jr admitted that he told Hicks about his treasonous meeting with the Russian government at Trump Tower. This means Hicks knew, and it all but confirmed that Donald Trump knew as well. Then came her testimony, and it looks like we got our answer as to whether she gave Trump up.

The New York Times was the first to confirm that Robert Mueller had interviewed Hope Hicks (link). Here’s the stunning detail the NYT revealed: Mueller interviewed Hicks on Thursday and Friday. Her interview lasted two full days. This tells us a couple of things. First, Mueller went into the interview knowing the full extent of what Hicks knew, and it took him considerable time to grill her on all of it. Second, it means that she cooperated for two full days. The interview would never have lasted that long if she were being uncooperative, because Mueller would have ended it and moved forward with criminal obstruction charges against her instead.

This means, in effect, that Hope Hicks gave up everything. She told Robert Mueller everything that the Trump campaign told her about the Russia plot, and she also told Mueller everything that she passed along to Donald Trump. Mueller clearly waited until after Donald Trump Jr implicated Hicks before interviewing her, and it’s fairly evident that she responded by giving up the Trump clan.

Source: http://www.palmerreport.com/politics/detail-hicks-mueller/6579/