Customize

The Smoking Gun: Trump, The Least Charitable Billionaire

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hushpuppy, Apr 12, 2011.

1. DeathHamster Member

2. Mann Ace Member

now we're voting for the least liar rather than the least evil? lol.

AS I said before, politics is the number one scrambler of brains and morals.
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

4. The Wrong Guy Member

Message to Mr. Trump (why I climbed your tower)

Leven Thumps, August 9, 2016

Police Capture Man Climbing Trump Tower After Hours-Long Standoff | ABC News

Quote:

Cops have captured a man who tried to scale the side of Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan this afternoon after an hours-long standoff.

Responding officers yanked the man into the building around 6:35 p.m. after knocking out a full window pane on the 21st floor.

The climber, using a contraption made up of five suction cups, scaled the 68-story building for over two hours.

The man started climbing at the 5th floor atrium, which is accessible to the public. it was not immediately clear why he climbed the building, but a police source said he was carrying leaflets indicating the climb was about self-promotion.

Continued here:
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/man-spotted-scaling-side-trump-tower-york/story?id=41278389
  5. White Tara Global Moderator

Lol'd
  6. The Internet Member

I don't get why you don't understand that there are degrees of good and bad.

If you had to choose between having both legs shot off or just one leg shot off, wouldn't you prefer to lose just one leg?
  7. Mann Ace Member

One of your themes has been science, and how you don't like people who deny science.
    So after all that shit about how you dislike science deniers, seems you are going to vote for one.

I'd say that makes no sense, except, I know that the will to power is far stronger than any hobgoblin of consistency.

Carry on.
  8. The Wrong Guy Member

Trump just confirmed every Republican’s worst fear

Quote:

Donald Trump told CNBC on Thursday he will either win with his frank and uncensored style of campaigning or enjoy a "very, very nice long vacation."

Republicans have long hoped Trump will pivot on his behavior, but in the "Squawk Box" interview, he said:

"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth. And if at the end of 90 days, I've fallen short because I'm somewhat politically correct even though I'm supposed to be the smart one and even though I'm supposed to have a lot of good ideas, it's OK. I go back to a very good way of life."

<snipped>

"I think we're going to have victory, but we'll see," Trump said. "At the end it's either going to work or I'm going to have a very, very nice long vacation."

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/11/gop-presidential-candidate-donald-trump.html
  9. The Wrong Guy Member

Trump Tower climber: What we know about Michael Joseph Ryan, 19 | New York Daily News

The boneheaded Donald Trump fan who used suction cups to scale the blowhard billionaire’s namesake tower in Midtown changed his name before making the crazy climb, officials said Thursday.

Police sources identified the 19-year-old crackpot as Michael Joseph Ryan of Great Falls, Va.

Before ascending the famed Fifth Ave. skyscraper Wednesday, Ryan changed his name to Stephen Rogata and had identification made in the new name, police said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/man-scaled-trump-tower-changed-article-1.2747133

Trump Tower climber identified, charged | Fox News

The man who used large suction cups to climb up the glass facade of Trump Tower in New York City was identified Thursday as 19-year-old Stephen Rogata from the Washington, D.C. suburb of Great Falls, Virginia, and was charged with reckless endangerment and criminal trespassing.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/11/trump-tower-climber-identified.html
  10. Mann Ace Member

metaphorically speaking of course...
  11. Disambiguation Global Moderator

12. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Trump has fantastic people working for his campaign! The best!
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcn...led-gun-staffer-lawsuit-n628346?client=safari
    "It alleges that Bordini — described as a "dedicated, loyal Trump campaign staffer" — and Phillip were in Phillip's Jeep in February of this year when Phillip "produced a pistol, put his right index finger on the trigger and drove the barrel into Vincent's knee cap"
    Vincent is disappointed Trump's campaign did nothing.
  13. The Internet Member

I have met a few people who can't seem to grasp the concept of "pick the least bad option." They tend to fall into two camps:
    1. the four-year-olds
    2. the brain damaged.

Seriously.
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

Jill Harth Speaks Out, Stands by Story of Being Sexually Assaulted by Donald Trump | WNYC

Quote:

Donald Trump is struggling to boost his approval ratings with one key demographic — women. Many are skeptical because of his history of derogatory comments about women and disturbing questions about his behavior with women behind closed doors.

Jill Harth met Trump in 1992, when she and her then-fiance, George Houraney, were beauty pagent promoters wanting to do business with him. But starting with their very first meeting, she said, Trump sexually harassed her — and he kept harassing her over a period of years, culminating in a sexual assault at his Palm Beach estate.

Their business deal fell apart, and Harth and Houraney filed separate civil lawsuits. He sued for breach of contract and she alleged attempted rape. Trump settled with Houraney, and as a condition of the settlement, Harth withdrew her case.

But then this past May, The New York Times published an article describing incident after incident in which Trump allegedly mistreated and sexually harassed women. The article included quotes from a 1996 deposition in which Harth alleged that Trump behaved inappropriately toward her, staring at her and asking Houraney if they were sleeping together. She said in the deposition that Trump groped her under a table one night at dinner.

The article prompted Trump to take to Twitter and say that Harth and other women quoted were not telling the truth. Harth responded angrily on Twitter, saying that she was not a liar. Through her lawyer Lisa Bloom, Harth is demanding an apology from Trump. She came to WNYC's studio to talk about how she met Trump and what happened afterward.

In response to a request for comment, the Trump campaign said: "Mr. Trump denies each and every statement made by Ms. Harth, as these 24-year-old allegations lack any merit or veracity."

Below, read excerpts from the conversation between WNYC's Jami Floyd and Jill Harth.

Continued here:
    https://www.wnyc.org/story/jill-harth-accuses-donald-trump-of-sex-assault/
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Mann Ace Member

Let's recap, Clinton is a liar. A science denier. A bad choice. And this is the person you want to be president, because: least bad option.

lol, seriously, you can't understand why, given four choices, I reject the two I consider evil.

and you imply I'm brain damaged
    Carry on.
  16. The Internet Member

Trump has a strong fan base. Maybe that will change and some other Republican will astonish us by gaining popularity. But until that day, the poll numbers give us two clear candidates.

"Splitting the vote" seems to be another concept that is hard for you to grasp.

I think it is cute that you do not name our four choices.
  17. Mann Ace Member

TI, you have no credibility with me. None. You are voting for a science denier, after four years of telling us how stupid they were and how they were a danger to us. When I point it out your only response is insults.
    You have no credibility. To insult people for their different opinions is to expose the hollowness of your arguments.

Since one of two really bad candidates are going to become president, I think the only sane response is to bitch slap the winner so hard, he or she will not be able to claim any sort of mandate. If third party people get a large percentage of the vote, that will constrain Clinton or Trump.

We are in for four bad years. I don't want Clinton, since the MSM will throw shade for her at every opportunity.

With Trump, the MSM will cast large searchlights, exposing his every flaw for all to see.

We are in for a bad short term, so think longer term, think to 2018 and 2020, since 2016 is going to be a disaster any way you look at it.
  18. The Wrong Guy Member

Read The Republican Letter Calling For The RNC to Cut Donald Trump’s Funding | TIME

Quote:

More than 70 top Republican elected officials and party operatives have signed a letter calling for the Republican National Committee to stop funding Donald Trump’s presidential campaign. Former members of Congress, RNC staffers and other party insiders say the RNC should focus on Senate and House races where Republicans face tough elections.

The letter, first reported by POLITICO, says Trump has alienated “millions of voters” since the Republican National Convention with his repeated comments and gaffes that drew widespread criticism.

“Every dollar spent by the RNC on Donald Trump’s campaign is a dollar of donor money wasted on the losing effort of a candidate who has actively undermined the GOP at every turn,” the letter states. “The RNC should shift its strategy and its resources to convince voters not to give Hillary Clinton the “blank check” of a Democrat-controlled Congress to advance her big government agenda.”

The letter’s signatories include former New Hampshire Senator Gordon Humphrey, former GOP Congressmen Tom Coleman, Chris Shays, Mickey Edwards and Vin Weber. Shays has said he will vote for Clinton while Humphrey and Weber have said they would vote for her if the election was close. It also includes former heads of Communication, Grassroots Involvement, Digital and other departments at the RNC. A Wednesday report said several RNC staffers have left because they do not want to help elect Trump.

“This is the family trying to fix itself,” said Andrew Weinstein, a former press aide to Senator Bob Dole and House Speaker Newt Gingrich who works in communications consulting, who is circulating the letter. “This is an intervention by former RNC staffers and other GOP officials: ‘Please stop destroying yourselves and protect our Senate and House majorities.'”

Weinstein said he will send the letter to RNC Chairman Reince Priebus next week.

Continued here:
    http://time.com/4449116/donald-trump-rnc-funding-gop/

Shifting tone, Trump entertains the notion he could lose | The Associated Press

Quote:

Straying from his trademark bravado, Donald Trump acknowledged Thursday that his presidential campaign is facing challenges and could ultimately fall short — a rare expression of humility by the Republican presidential nominee.

Trump's most explicit concession came as he pleaded for support at a gathering of evangelical ministers, where Trump observed he was "having a tremendous problem in Utah." The same day, the billionaire celebrity acknowledged that his lack of political correctness could cost him the election if Americans reject his blunt approach.

Continued here:
    http://elections.ap.org/content/shifting-tone-trump-entertains-notion-he-could-lose
  19. The Internet Member

A lot of your posts are insulting but you do not seem to notice. I guess you can dish it out but not take it.*

I notice you haven't named our four choices.

As for science denialism, the area of "functional medicine" appears to be Clinton's thing. Otherwise I haven't caught her saying anti global warming, or anti vax or the other usual suspects. In contrast, for Trump everything is negotiable, including reality. That is far worse.

When one thing is worse than another, you should not pick it. And in a close race, you should vote for the least worse thing that has a chance of winning.

Funny that until recently, the MSM has been pretty silent about Trump's Russian connections and the number of sexual harassment complaints about him, including rape. Did you know the most popular MSM is Fox News, which promotes Trump?

*BTW, saying that somebody who does not understand "pick the least worst thing" has some brain problems is trufax and not a personal insult. I am hoping you do understand "least worst thing" but are simply being disingenuous. That is not so great either, but I cannot think of another explanation for your difficulty with the concept.
  20. IMHO Trump is sadly mistaken if he thinks he can go back to playing golf. By now there are former friends asking for his head. Try making any new deals, Donald.
  21. The Wrong Guy Member

trump-melt-final.jpg

Inside Donald Trump’s Meltdown | TIME

Donald Trump's sinking polls, unending attacks and public blunders have the GOP reconsidering its strategy for November

http://time.com/magazine/
  22. DeathHamster Member

http://bgr.com/2016/08/11/donald-trump-twitter-android-iphone/

Now we can split between tweets by DJT and his staff.
  23. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  24. White Tara Global Moderator

I do so love a canny observation :D
  25. "....Thursday that he might allow Americans accused of terrorism to be tried at the Guantanamo Bay detention center in Cuba.

"Well, I know that they want to try them in our regular court systems, and I don't like that at all, I don't like that at all," he told the Miami Herald. "I would say they could be tried there, that'll be fine."

"I will tell you that as far as Guantanamo is concerned I want to make sure, 100 percent sure, that if we're going to release people, number one they're going to be people that can be released and it's going to be safe to release them and there are plenty of bad ones out there and I'd use it for that," Trump continued.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-suggests-he-might-try-americans-at-guantanamo-bay/
    I'd paraphrase it but you'd lose the gestalt
  26. DeathHamster Member

Whoever gets the majority of electoral college votes isn't going to be "constrained".* Talking heads will discuss "What does it all mean?" for five minutes, and perhaps it'll noted by party spinners for use 2 years later.

* There's no visible third party ticket that's going to get any electoral college votes, never mind enough to be a constitutional problem.
  27. The Wrong Guy Member

These Lawyers Caught Trump Lying 30 Times. His Responses Are Glorious. | Slate

Quote:

Donald Trump is a habitual liar. That is the takeaway from a glorious Washington Post examination of a 2007 deposition about various aspects of his personal wealth in which Trump was caught having lied 30 times.

The lies themselves are phenomenal to behold, but just as incredible are the ways in which Trump attempts to explain them.

As the Post’s David A. Fahrenthold and Robert O’Harrow Jr. put it:

Trump’s falsehoods were unstrategic — needless, highly specific, easy to disprove. When caught, Trump sometimes blamed others for the error or explained that the untrue thing really was true, in his mind, because he saw the situation more positively than others did.

Continued here:
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...lies_from_donald_trump_s_2007_deposition.html
  28. The Wrong Guy Member

29. White Tara Global Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  30. White Tara Global Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  31. What's up with the (Not really his name) disclaimer? I am seeing this "not really" disclaimer more and more. What's up with that ? Simpletons live in America ?

• Like Like x 1
  32. White Tara Global Moderator

That's some fine quality journalism you're scoffing at thar :D
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Random guy Member

If it were a direct vote, and no electoral college, ManAce's idea of voting for one you actually believe in would work just splendidly. You 'Merricans should have a close look at your voting system.
  34. Mann Ace Member

Well, the Libertarians did get one electoral vote in 1972, so it's not impossible, just highly unlikely.

If you've got a better strategy, I'm all ears.

But if it involves voting for liars, forget it. I'm not interesting in foisting a liar on my fellow Americans. We're going get one anyway, no reason to validate their lies by voting for them. Voting for liars is short sighted and destructive of civil society.
  35. Random guy Member

Representative democracy. It works tolerably well over here in Euro-land.
  36. Mann Ace Member

But that's not gonna happen, so we're stuck with finding new novel ways to bitch slap our politicians.
  37. That said, there are many different flavours and systems of that over here.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Mann Ace Member

We disagree about what is important. You will vote for someone you admit is a science denialist because power is more important to you than science, facts, reason and logic.

I think that is a self destructive way of viewing the world.

Carry on.

39. Than you get an Erdogan or Putin or Hitler
  40. The Wrong Guy Member

Trump's Missing Money

By Bob Burnett, The Huffington Post

Quote:

If you’re watching the Olympic games, you may have noticed “Hillary for President” ads. She’s bought $13.6 million worth, while Donald Trump has bought none. In fact, since garnering the Republican nomination, he’s spent $0 on TV. Nonetheless, the Trump campaign spent $63m in July. What happened to it?

Open Secrets uses FEC data to report that, at the end of June, the Trump campaign had $20m on hand. According to the latest Trump reports, they raised an additional $80 million in July and, early in August, had $37m on hand. If you do the math, that means Trump spent $63m in July. He didn’t spend it on TV advertising. How did Trump spend the money?

In a conventional campaign, we’d assume Trump spent a substantial part of the $63m on his field operations - setting up an elaborate get-out-the-vote (GOTV) operation in key states. That doesn’t seem to be happening. The key states for Trump are Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Florida. Trump has a miniscule operation in each state. (In 2012, President Obama spent $87m on his field operation.)

According to his website Trump has 5 offices in Pennsylvania; none in Philadelphia. (Clinton has more than twenty offices and at least 200 full-time staff members.)

According to an Ohio news source, Trump just opened an office in Columbus and has four paid staff members. (The same news source said Clinton has a dozen Ohio field offices and about 250 paid staffers.)

According to Politico, Trump has one office in Florida and one paid staff member. Politico quotes a Bush operative, “The Trump campaign is about to rapidly ramp up and have 25 offices open throughout the state by early September.” (Politico says, “The Clinton campaign has hundreds of volunteers canvasing neighborhoods across the state, and 12 campaign offices.”)

So what happened to Trump’s $63m? There are three possible explanations. One is that Trump plans an “October surprise.” That is, Trump has put the money aside and, come October, is planning to flood the airwaves with pro-Trump ads. But that doesn’t seem to be happening; there’s no evidence that Trump has reserved ad space in October.

Trump may still open more field offices after Labor Day, but that’s cutting it perilously short in terms of mounting an effective GOTV operation. Five thirty eight reported that Trump doesn’t believe in analyzing voter data and targeting certain voters; instead, he relies upon “his personality and rallies.” (CNET noted that while Trump tweets he doesn’t use email or a computer.)

Of course another explanation for the missing $63m is that Trump doesn’t know what he is doing. Some political observers say that Trump has minimized having his own operation in key states and is relying upon the Republican Party: “Trump is largely outsourcing what’s typically called a campaign’s ground game, which includes the labor-intensive jobs of identifying and contacting potential supporters.” So we might assume that the $63m was transferred from the Trump campaign to the Republican National Committee (RNC). There are several problems with this approach. One is that the RNC is concerned with the entire ticket and not just Trump. The other problem is that Trump’s base is roughly 33 percent of probable voters; to win, Trump needs to expand this by having his volunteers interact with persuadable voters.

There’s a third explanation for the missing $63m. The end-of-June FEC report indicates that Trump had lent his campaign $50m. Although Trump promised to forgive this loan, NBC news reported that he never filed the papers to actually do this. Perhaps Trump repaid himself from the $63m, leaving little money for ads and field staff.

By Labor Day, the Trump campaign will file another FEC report and we’ll see how many money he has raised and what he has on hand. Media reports will tell us whether he had made advertising ad purchases and set up a substantial GOTV operation in Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

Before the conventions, Trump bragged that the Republican affair would dwarf the Democratic gathering. In fact, the Democratic convention had better ratings and demonstrated that Clinton is a better manager. That’s probably true for the next three months; ad buys, GOTV operations, and money management, in general, will demonstrate that Hillary Clinton is a better manager than Donald Trump.

Source:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-burnett/trumps-missing-money_b_11472300.html
    • Like Like x 1